Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
2016 has been a crazy year and it isn't even over yet. At this point, I'm more excited for what else can happen than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

mobby_6kl posted:

Did Clinton play this after her speech? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

clinton never gave a speech

podesta was just sent out to tell everyone to get the hell out lol

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Two Feet From Bread posted:

2016 has been a crazy year and it isn't even over yet. At this point, I'm more excited for what else can happen than anything.

I hate the whole :godwin: thing, but drat dude, I'm actually worried about it. I really hope the pivot comes through; best case, lame duck presidency.

Worst case, Russian aggression and American pandering lead to international hatred of the new Axis.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

MMMMMmmmm sooooo gooood. I didn't even vote for him, but I love this so much. Deep and satisfying like a deep fried twinkie. I will also regret being happy about it in 24 to 48 hours, but the schadenfreude on my FB feed is just to to satisfying. Oh and also in this thread. Love it.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

repeating posted:

The less disgusting option honestly is anger at the unexpected loss. I just hope it doesn't become full on civil unrest. Depends on the loser's reaction.

I am the scootyfrooty.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

I hate the whole :godwin: thing, but drat dude, I'm actually worried about it. I really hope the pivot comes through; best case, lame duck presidency.

Worst case, Russian aggression and American pandering lead to international hatred of the new Axis.

There's no real need to compare him to Hitler though, as Simon Schama said this morning, there are lots of different kind of fascists besides Hitler.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There's no schadenfreude in the Trump presidency :smith: Trump has shown himself to be a hateful, bigoted and deeply racist man (he's endorsed by the loving KKK. Who still exists. In 20 loving 16) and anyone who finds joy in "watching it unfold" should be ashamed of themselves and find some compassion for the people whose lives are threatened by this new wave of rightist extremism.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I voted for her and I still find a small sliver of joy in watching Hillary's machinations and hubris all come crashing down. There were other viable candidates (Biden would have run had she not), but the Clinton machine ruled the party so she was the candidate. I'll grab that tiny big of joyful schadenfreude and hold it tight to my chest as I continue to fall into my current pit of despair.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
I need dogs eating ice cream right now.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Your Computer posted:

There's no schadenfreude in the Trump presidency :smith: Trump has shown himself to be a hateful, bigoted and deeply racist man (he's endorsed by the loving KKK. Who still exists. In 20 loving 16) and anyone who finds joy in "watching it unfold" should be ashamed of themselves and find some compassion for the people whose lives are threatened by this new wave of rightist extremism.

The schadenfreude is sustaining me.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

FAROOQ posted:

The schadenfreude is sustaining me.

Good to see more republicans finally coming out as otherwordly liches feeding off of humanity's hopes for the future.

Krispy Kareem posted:

I voted for her and I still find a small sliver of joy in watching Hillary's machinations and hubris all come crashing down. There were other viable candidates (Biden would have run had she not), but the Clinton machine ruled the party so she was the candidate. I'll grab that tiny big of joyful schadenfreude and hold it tight to my chest as I continue to fall into my current pit of despair.

You're right, Clinton losing is fairly satisfying. It's just a shame that it came at the cost of global stability and the value of democracy.

I Am Crake has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Nov 9, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

MMMMMmmmm sooooo gooood. I didn't even vote for him, but I love this so much. Deep and satisfying like a deep fried twinkie. I will also regret being happy about it in 24 to 48 hours, but the schadenfreude on my FB feed is just to to satisfying. Oh and also in this thread. Love it.

I take it you're not one of the people who's going to actually suffer under a Trump presidency.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

chitoryu12 posted:

I take it you're not one of the people who's going to actually suffer under a Trump presidency.

No, what I really enjoy is seeing what "you people" actually think about the working poor and union members. The Proletariat has spoken and you don't like what they say. I watched the map of traditional Democrat strongholds go red under the combined gently caress YOU to Hillary Clinton. They may regret it soon, but my inner nihilist is cackling.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

No, what I really enjoy is seeing what "you people" actually think about the working poor and union members. The Proletariat has spoken and you don't like what they say. I watched the map of traditional Democrat strongholds go red under the combined gently caress YOU to Hillary Clinton. They may regret it soon, but my inner nihilist is cackling.

Your inner nihilist is a sociopath.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Well thank god you're entertained.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Do you still have a Myspace page with "Normal people scare me" and "Welcome to my twisted mind" on it?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The working poor and union members just thoroughly hosed themselves

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

The working poor and union members just thoroughly hosed themselves

No, no - Trump loves the unions. He'll hire all kinds of union labor for his Wall since that's literally not his money he's spending (very smart for not paying taxes).

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

No, no - Trump loves the unions. He'll hire all kinds of union labor for his Wall since that's literally not his money he's spending (very smart for not paying taxes).

And he won't even have to pay then. He'll just sue the wall contractor into oblivion.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Sometimes you're just so hosed all you can do is laugh. Like seriously, we're watching the fall of the USA in real time. The country might not even exist in four years, what can you do but laugh?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

No, what I really enjoy is seeing what "you people" actually think about the working poor and union members.

How is putting a party that supports Right to Work in power a good thing for the unions?

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Congrats for jinxing it last year DNC

Also, something tells me these guys feel awkward.

http://www.avclub.com/article/thousands-are-planning-point-and-laugh-trump-tower-245591

quote:

With all its taunting and name-calling, the current election has brought American politics right down to the level of the schoolyard. And that trend will continue even after the voting is over and the winner has been declared, thanks in part to a Facebook event called Point And Laugh At Trump Tower On November 9th. That’s right: This is an excuse for some good, old-fashioned, post-election mockery in the face of unprecedented hubris. The organizers of this event plan to convene in front of Trump’s eponymous residence on Manhattan’s 5th Avenue at 9:00 Eastern Wednesday morning specifically to gloat over the owner’s (still presumed at the time of this writing) failure in his grossly misguided bid for the presidency. Similar demonstrations are scheduled for other Trump-branded buildings in Chicago and Washington. The organizers explain the motivation behind the event this way:

On November 9th, the day after Donald Trump has cemented himself forever in history as a Loser, let’s have Americans of all stripes and creeds gather at his office to point and laugh. Together, we as a nation, will unite to let Mr. Trump know that we all view him as a tiny, little man undeserving of our respect. What a fun day this will be! Please invite as many people as you want.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AFewBricksShy posted:

How is putting a party that supports Right to Work in power a good thing for the unions?

Well, you see, Trump has a time machine that will magically make the world 1960 again and then he'll ban all the developments and events that made American manufacturing of cheap crap nonviable. It's one of those schemes so simple you wonder why no one has done it before.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ranbo das posted:

Sometimes you're just so hosed all you can do is laugh. Like seriously, we're watching the fall of the USA in real time. The country might not even exist in four years, what can you do but laugh?

I have a feeling that, besides China, the only country that's too big to fail is the US.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HardDiskD posted:

I have a feeling that, besides China, the only country that's too big to fail is the US.

I don't think we're going to fail, but I think things are going to get really hosed up. We've got the singular most awful candidate the GOP has probably ever put up as president, Republicans in control of Congress, and nothing standing in the way of putting a radical conservative in as a Supreme Court judge.

We're probably going to see a lot of really awful things, at least on the level of Bush 2.0.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
I really enjoyed the response of the person who posted on Facebook, pre-election-results:

"What's a reasonable amount of time tomorrow night to pause and think, "thank God," before refocusing on pushing our new President to her left and grinding fascism into dust?"

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

I Am Crake posted:

Good to see more republicans finally coming out as otherwordly liches feeding off of humanity's hopes for the future.

You're right, Clinton losing is fairly satisfying. It's just a shame that it came at the cost of global stability and the value of democracy.

I'm sorry that the racists that voted for your racist candidates didn't turn out as much as the racists that voted for the other racist candidate

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I can't believe the thread title hasn't been changed to "Trump Won" yet.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

10 Beers posted:

I can't believe the thread title hasn't been changed to "Trump Won" yet.

To be fair, he was the best man for the job.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Think about how much Obama has aged in 8 years. Do you really think Donald Trump has the stamina to survive on 5-6 hours sleep a night? He's going to be calling it in after six months. Probably. Who knows.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Random Stranger posted:

House nothing. We're taking everybody down with us. We said, "You know, the world's been a bit too stable since the end of World War II..."

Yeah, there's nothing like starting wars in Syria and Libya, talking about enforcing a no-fly zone over an area the Russians are bombing, and watching a 100-year US ally rejecting the US and cozying up to China, who are steadily staking claims all around the South China Sea and outwards if you're a fan of "stability."

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

FAROOQ posted:

I'm sorry that the racists that voted for your racist candidates didn't turn out as much as the racists that voted for the other racist candidate

Clinton took the popular vote.

Partially irrelevant with the system the US has though.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey remember when this thread was about people getting hit in the nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE0h0ufMY7Q

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OldTennisCourt posted:

Hey remember when this thread was about people getting hit in the nuts

I'm pretty sure all of the recent posts have been exactly this ???

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Think about how much Obama has aged in 8 years. Do you really think Donald Trump has the stamina to survive on 5-6 hours sleep a night? He's going to be calling it in after six months. Probably. Who knows.

Trump doesn't sleep at night going by his Twitter.

I don't think he has the stamina or patience for governing though. Pence and Gingrich will be doing all the leg work. Trump's more an idea man.

Who runs BarterTown? Pence runs BarterTown.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

I don't think he has the stamina or patience for governing though. Pence and Gingrich will be doing all the leg work. Trump's more an idea man.

Who runs BarterTown? Pence runs BarterTown.

Who is Trump going to pick for his Cabinet?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ultrabindu posted:

Only the best people, the finest people, everyone knows it.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

Only the best people, the finest people, everyone knows it.

They're beautiful, these amazing people. You're not even going to believe it. The Democrats, the Democrats are not gonna believe this. We have such good people.

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

ultrabindu posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/who-is-in-president-trump-cabinet-231071

Let's check off the list:
1. Gingrich for State
2. Oil tycoon for Interior
3. Former Goldman Sachs investor for Treasury
4. loving Giuliani for Attorney General
5. Rick loving Scott for Health and Human Services
6. Ben loving Carson for Education (if he decides to not get rid of the Education department)
7. Climate skeptic for EPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissociative Donut
Oct 9, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMk84wpAI0p/