Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Louisgod posted:

Ding. Inner city minorities and democrats stayed the gently caress home and let the plains people decide for them. That, and apparently some registered democrats voted Trump because people are largely dumb as poo poo

Last I heard minority turnout was up in Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pomp posted:

hillary won the popular vote

Which doesnt matter at all. Hillary spent time and money campaigning in vanity states like Arizona instead of doubling down on her must wins. She ran up the popular vote score with voters who didn't matter thanks to the electoral college.

I thought Clinton was supposed to be the smart one.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

change my name posted:

oops my girlfriend is covered under the ACA and might have to move back to Canada if it's repealed

I legit might have to do the same because I can't afford my medication.

benzoapyrene
Apr 18, 2013

pathetic little tramp posted:

More kentucky thoughts, we have a few states to look at as examples for what's about to happen here. Wisconsin and Florida aren't mega hosed because they had cool and good industries. Kansas was mega hosed because they really didn't. My rating for kentucky is going to be ultra hosed because ford is one of Louisville's biggest employers and trump will actively work against them.

Not only Ford, Humana-Aetna is another huge employer in Louisville. The repeal of Obamacare is going to significantly affect managed healthcare. Despite what Trump says coal jobs aren't going to come back in significant numbers (if at all) to eastern and western Kentucky, especially as the industry has moved to mountaintop removal as a general practice. Central Kentucky has a lot of money in a) the horse industry, which took a big hit in the recession because it's a luxury industry, and b) tobacco, which is already on its way out as a cash crop. Add to that all the automotive suppliers in central Kentucky which are going to take a hit.

Let's just double down on bourbon.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
America has a problem and that problem is white people

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/white-voters-victory-donald-trump-exit-polls

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Any update on that cake? What flavor was it

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I am in the office still drunk as poo poo

like I probably could've gotten a DUI driving in

its not like a sympathetic thing either everyone I work with are Trump supporters

so

if I like

lose my job

eh, gently caress it

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Kill whitey imo

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

hell yeah we got work to do

Help us Broadway lyricist man with a grossly inflated ego! You and Andrew Lloyd Weber are our only hope!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

White voters, who make up 69% of the total,

Welp

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

All the leftists' schemes and plans last night came to nothing, and I for one am loving delighted

Abuela is a centrist

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax
Well...gently caress

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

VirtualStranger posted:

Remember when Hillbots mocked and laughed at all the Bernie supporters that were crying during his speech at the DNC?

gently caress You.

Gyges posted:

Are we really going to get 4 loving years of "Don't blame me, I voted for Bernie!"?

FourLeaf posted:

Yep! And frankly I think you deserve it.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Duterte like

https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/796261505658396673

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Well, considering white people are the majority in the nation, I'd think its more the DNC has a problem, and that problem is they have no idea how to connect to white people - who are essential to winning elections in America.

Phi230 posted:

Kill whitey imo

Yeah, *this* is gonna help turn the nation around!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Golden Bee posted:

Abuela is a centrist

Abuela was a centrist

Now, plain zero

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MC Nietzche posted:

I think that at the end of the day the factor that contributed most to this was our faith in so-called "data driven campaigning." Like a bunch of loving nerds with their magic boxes conned the Democratic party into thinking they had solved the elections problem and it turned out they, with their "model of every voter in every swing state" were con men just like the rest.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Trump stumped us all. He told us the polls were rigged. He let Hillary double down on accepting the results of the election, putting her in a position where saying that she didn't trust the results would make her look like an incredible hypocrite. Russia was definitely influencing the results and I don't doubt that Jim Comey's involvement in the last days of the election cycle was calculated by members of the GOP. Turn enough states into battlegrounds then push them over the edge by a few thousand votes, but what are you going to do? Audit 5 states? Petition for extensive recounts after mocking your opponent for having the same idea? The Trump campaign knew exactly what states they were going to be able to flip by a hair, announced their path, then pushed them into the red. Giuliani and Gingrich saddled up to the stinking mess that was Trump's campaign and stuck by him in the face of widespread ridicule because it's easy to weather abuse when you know with 100% certainty that no matter what your nominee says or does, they are still going to win the White House.

I'm gonna tinhat about this for the rest of my days

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

not nice

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Besides funding a bunch of Trumpettes gun buying on predictit I don't feel so bad saying good bye to the DNC forever and embracing the 1,000 years of Trump.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Celestial Scribe..... We should have listened....

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hahahahahha I can't even imagine how the predictit thread looks

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

who else is trying to get tickets for the clinton trial, I want to buy some fruit to throw at her cage

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Not a Step posted:

I hope a lot of them die without ACA coverage.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
Ground game added to the long list of things that don't loving matter.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

so what's the over-under on

- the wall
- Mexico paying for same
- increased coal production
- extreme vetting
- tearing up free trade agreements
- any manufacturing coming back
- ACA repeal
- "taking the oil" from isil
- ginsberg and scalia replaced with, essentially, scalia x 2

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Running an outsider campaign works once I guess that's the good news

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Not a Step posted:

Well, considering white people are the majority in the nation, I'd think its more the DNC has a problem, and that problem is they have no idea how to connect to white people - who are essential to winning elections in America.

If the majority actively ways the minority abused, murdered and imprisoned for imagined slights then it's not the party appealing to minorities that has an issue

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not a Step posted:

Which doesnt matter at all. Hillary spent time and money campaigning in vanity states like Arizona instead of doubling down on her must wins. She ran up the popular vote score with voters who didn't matter thanks to the electoral college.

I thought Clinton was supposed to be the smart one.

I think she had bad data telling her she was competitive there and in other states until the very last minute, and it probably came out too late how in trouble she actually was in the rust belt.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Elephanthead posted:

Besides funding a bunch of Trumpettes gun buying on predictit I don't feel so bad saying good bye to the DNC forever and embracing the 1,000 years of Trump.

You'll be so sick of winning

I guarantee it

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Skanker posted:

All that and she's still a much better candidate than Trump.
yet she lost

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't even give a poo poo about sanders at all but by god i'm at least gonna keep saying why clinton was a fundamentally junk candidate to prop up for the election. bernie technically would have done better just on the grounds of actually being remotely likable

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bernie hasnt tweeted since the results started coming out for trump :(

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/EPN/status/796344103311118337

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Guy DeBorgore posted:

Ground game added to the long list of things that don't loving matter.

I guess we can learn something about ground game vs. "enthusiasm"

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

whew, pregamed a little too hard and passed out before they called florida for clinton... lots of posts to catch up on, but let me just say how excited i am for this historic moment for women, ill read the thread later to find out how many evs she got

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A good post on r/blackpeopletwitter from one of the few actual black people that post there

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPeopleTwitter/comments/5bzkw2/barry_obama/d9slwjg/

There's a lot of custom formatting that I can't c/p easily, but it's a good read.

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 9, 2016

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

good morning

i do not want to live

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

change my name posted:

who else is trying to get tickets for the clinton trial, I want to buy some fruit to throw at her cage

Same, but Trump's

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Remember that Irish bookmaking firm that paid out on HRC victory back in October? OOops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

all will wear the hat

• Locked thread