Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Robert Kelley, Peyton Barber, Paul Perkins, Steve Smith, John Brown, Desean Jackson, Enunwa are all available in my league. (Standard non-ppr)

Who do I drop for one of them? (I know I shouldn't be carrying 3 qb's, but I don't know who to drop)

QB- Wilson, Mariota, Palmer
RB- Bell, Elliot, Coleman, Deangelo WIlliams, Dion Lewis(IR)
WR- Jordy, Sanders, Coleman, Marvin Jones, Shepard, Crowder,
TE- Fleener

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Drop Palmer and do nothing else. None of those guys are worth a spot and you really don't need 3 QBs.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hmm yes, just run with an empty roster slot. Great advice.

I agree that you should drop Palmer. I'd probably lean Kelley, since that job seems up for grabs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fantasypros has Palmer ahead of Mariota and Wilson this week. I should drop him now, rather than playing him vs San Fran and then dropping him? Mariota plays GB and Wilson plays NE.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I've mentioned it a couple times in these threads throughout the years, but I'm very annoyed with my College Buddy ESPN League having a limit on RBs and WRs. We can only have 5 of each. And last year, it was 5 WRs and 4 RBs. So I'm trying to drop Austin Hooper, Atl's TE, now that Gronk's back from his bye, but there's literally nobody I can really grab. I ended up stashing the Packers D because the QB free agency is a rolling tumbleweed and there are no RBs or WRs better than the ones on my current roster, though there are some good ones I'd consider stashing if I could.

Is this an ESPN default? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing our commish would come up with on his own, but unfortunately it's not going to change anytime soon in our league because last time we talked about it, the consensus was that it's a good thing because it helps us value our skill players more. It's still lame though.

Diving right into Fantasy this morning as a welcome distraction.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

timp posted:

Nothing is working. I am broken.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

timp posted:

I've mentioned it a couple times in these threads throughout the years, but I'm very annoyed with my College Buddy ESPN League having a limit on RBs and WRs. We can only have 5 of each. And last year, it was 5 WRs and 4 RBs. So I'm trying to drop Austin Hooper, Atl's TE, now that Gronk's back from his bye, but there's literally nobody I can really grab. I ended up stashing the Packers D because the QB free agency is a rolling tumbleweed and there are no RBs or WRs better than the ones on my current roster, though there are some good ones I'd consider stashing if I could.

Is this an ESPN default? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing our commish would come up with on his own, but unfortunately it's not going to change anytime soon in our league because last time we talked about it, the consensus was that it's a good thing because it helps us value our skill players more. It's still lame though.

That's not at all default. FantasyPlus extension highlights any setting that isn't default so it's easy to see where your league has been changed. The only difference in my league is the addition of an IR spot, so in your case you're missing out on like half of potential RB/WR spots.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 9, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Doppelganger posted:

I decided to play it conservatively and target Flacco.

I am leaning Cutler, honestly. I like the TV match up more, because I think Baltimore might just run it down everyone's throat.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
This week I'll be playing two people I drafted, one of which is a defense

Hail Satan

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Teeter posted:

That's not at all default. FantasyPlus extension highlights any setting that isn't default so it's easy to see where your league has been changed.

Yooooooooo why did only just find out about this? ESPN's interface isn't such total hot garbage now! poo poo, I even want those simple depth rankings and trend charts on Yahoo now.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Inspector_666 posted:

Yooooooooo why did only just find out about this? ESPN's interface isn't such total hot garbage now! poo poo, I even want those simple depth rankings and trend charts on Yahoo now.

I just found it this season, it's been pretty great.

For anyone curious:

This is a screenshot of my roster with the extension. It adds in a depth chart, FantasyPros projections, a scoring trend chart, and the iAVG column which removes injury/suspension games and shows average score per game actually played. Refer to Gronk or J Stew in my example to see how nice it can be to see their true average score at a glance. Depth chart has been pretty invaluable for the IDP league I'm in as well.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm trying to think ahead for next week and pick up a RB. Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX. Here's my team:

QB: Newton
RB: Forte, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Bilal Powell, CJ Prosise
WR: Dez Bryant, Stefon Diggs, Jordan Matthews, TY Hilton, Amari Cooper
TE: Jordan Reed, Tyler Eifert, Travis Kelce

Eifert and Kelce were WW pickups that I hope to move for something. Couple questions:

1. Would you drop CJ Prosise for Paul Perkins or James Starks?
2. What kind of value do you think I could get for trading away 1/2 of my TEs?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Prosise looks like he will have the most opportunities going forward, with Rawls still a question mark and CMike regressing.

And you absolutely should be able to get value. You own three of the five best TEs

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Fantasypros has Palmer ahead of Mariota and Wilson this week. I should drop him now, rather than playing him vs San Fran and then dropping him? Mariota plays GB and Wilson plays NE.

Thoughts on this? I want to drop one of these 3 QB's for R Kelley.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Prosise looks like he will have the most opportunities going forward, with Rawls still a question mark and CMike regressing.

And you absolutely should be able to get value. You own three of the five best TEs

What kind of value should I target?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Palmer is a sack of poop that smells like a butt

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Palmer is a sack of poop that smells like a butt

Would you start Wilson or Mariota over him this week?

Edit: :siren: Anybody?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 9, 2016

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Drop Asiata or McKinnon for Kelley?

phanter04
Apr 28, 2008
Anyone have any suggestions for TE.I currently have Fleener and he's been mostly a bust.

I'm looking to get a TE that has an easier schedule during the playoffs as well

Available:

Kyle Rudolph
Hunter Henry
C.J. Fiedorowicz
Barnidge

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Doug Martin is finally practicing.

Was getting too cozy on my bench for half the season.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

89 posted:

Would trading my Brandon Marshall straight up for Michael Thomas be thaaaat crazy?

Not one bit. I traded away Marshall and don't regret it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Coach speak from Carrol is that Promise will see a lot of carries this week.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Someone dropped Crowder in my standard scoring league. Worth dropping Sammie Coates for him?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

phanter04 posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for TE.I currently have Fleener and he's been mostly a bust.

I'm looking to get a TE that has an easier schedule during the playoffs as well

Available:

Kyle Rudolph
Hunter Henry
C.J. Fiedorowicz
Barnidge

Fiedorowicz is the name I keep seeing pop up in places, he's the #1 rec on RotoWorld too, for what that's worth.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

VietCampo posted:

Doug Martin is finally practicing.

Was getting too cozy on my bench for half the season.

Someone in my league just couldn't handle carrying him anymore so he was dropped before the weekend. I added him off waivers this morning, so this is just the news I needed because my Ingram/Crowell/McKinnon rushing attack leaves something to be desired.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I have Derek Carr on bye so i need to grab someone to cover for him.

Alex Smith @CAR
Wentz v ATL
Siemian @NO
Flacco v CLE

Siemian has the best matchup, but ugh. Also worried Baltimore may go run heavy against Cleveland if they get a lead also.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dropped Charmander West for Prosise. Seemed like the thing to do, especially with Ware back at practice and a lackluster performance from West last week.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ware is out of concussion protocol, thank goodness.

Come onnnn Doug Martin. come onnnnn

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What kind of value should I target?

Has Cam gotten any better? If not, maybe you package him and a TE for a QB upgrade.

Man, if you had traded him instead of Brady, your team would be terrifying.

That is the type of roster where I tend to move all my depth to get the scariest starting lineup that I can. Something like Diggs, Kelce, Gordon to the Bell owner kind of move. Then I pray nobody gets hurt.

Note, just did this and dropped two straight, so I might not be the best person to ask. (Was actually in bye week hell)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Has Cam gotten any better? If not, maybe you package him and a TE for a QB upgrade.

Man, if you had traded him instead of Brady, your team would be terrifying.

That is the type of roster where I tend to move all my depth to get the scariest starting lineup that I can. Something like Diggs, Kelce, Gordon to the Bell owner kind of move. Then I pray nobody gets hurt.

Note, just did this and dropped two straight, so I might not be the best person to ask. (Was actually in bye week hell)

Cam remains disappointing, and yeah I might be able to swing a trade there. Who would be an upgrade? Maybe Rodgers? OTOH his playoff schedule is amazing.

I am offering the Jeffery owner Jordan Matthews and Travis Kelce for him.

My philosophy is a bunch of 2 for 1s followed by WW speculation.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

E: I'm an idiot. wrong thread.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 10, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cam remains disappointing, and yeah I might be able to swing a trade there. Who would be an upgrade? Maybe Rodgers? OTOH his playoff schedule is amazing.

I am offering the Jeffery owner Jordan Matthews and Travis Kelce for him.

My philosophy is a bunch of 2 for 1s followed by WW speculation.

Derek Carr, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers all have nice playoff schedules I would target.

That's the type of move I would make. I always like asking people which of my players they like. Get a feel for that. I was able to get Hyde for Hill and Wentz, because the guy showed a lot of interest in Hill and I realized that he had him rated way higher than I did.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Never mind

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

pubic works project posted:

Someone dropped Crowder in my standard scoring league. Worth dropping Sammie Coates for him?

Bumping this before it gets lost.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Crowder is the #19 wideout averaging 14.4 points per game in 1ppr. Sammie Coates is the #56 WR averaging 8.9 points per game in 1ppr.

Also week 16 Crowder faces the Bears.

e. Coates is a lottery ticket in any given week with the potential for long bombs and big TDs. Crowder is a start-every-week solid WR2 with decent upside and a very nice floor. I would do it if Crowder would be startable on your team.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I dropped Sammie Coates for Steve Smith and am starting Steve Smith over Brandon Marshall. gently caress it.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wentz vs Atlanta or Brees vs Denver

CMike or Duke Jr. I'm stuck on this one these are my only choices with Coleman and Rawls still down.

Both 1 ppr.

The start/sit thread is over there but because I'm not a total neckbeard:

Brees (DEN secondary is banged up)

CMike but I think you can pick up a better waiver option like Bibbs, DuJuan Harris, RKelley or Barber?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Golden Tate is on my waiver, but I don't have a lot of bench room. Is it time to admit that Marvin Jones' time is done and drop Jones for Tate?

Also, drop Gillislee for Paul Perkins?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 10, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'd try to trade Jones before I dropped him. I'd drop Gillislee for Tate before I grab Perkins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

VietCampo posted:

I have Derek Carr on bye so i need to grab someone to cover for him.

Alex Smith @CAR
Wentz v ATL
Siemian @NO
Flacco v CLE

Siemian has the best matchup, but ugh. Also worried Baltimore may go run heavy against Cleveland if they get a lead also.

Smith for the highest floor. Probably Wentz for highest ceiling.

• Locked thread