Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It won't happen, but it would be amazing to see a ton of people go faithless elector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Good gently caress stadium subsidizing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I suggest you guys start getting fitted for armbands soon, they're a bitch to get right and you don't want the medium sizes to sell out before you get one

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Tars Tarkas posted:

Trump isn't even the worst part of President Trump, it's the piles and piles of loons who will get stuffed into cabinet positions that will do immeasurable damage. Trump will let them do whatever they want because he won't want to get bogged down with all the details, and they'll go hog wild.

Agree the dude is obviously a man child snake oil salesmen but won't do anything to actually jeopardize popularity.

Omarosa putting together a poo poo list and trying to scrape up whatever attention she can no matter the cost x 183648 Trump-heads...yea

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Good gently caress stadium subsidizing

I'm actually cool with it if it's voted on. Or they get an interest free loan with "The money put back into the economy because of the stadium and the community involvement" being declared the interest.

Then again, I'm a Packers fan, so things are a bit skewed for me.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Schnorkles posted:

i'm not that shook

I'm white and male and live in a very protected economy with a good education and frankly, I'm very well off. I come from dirt poverty though and that scares the bejesus out of me for people that I know and my wife is a wreck.

I just hoped we were better than this, but nope.

I'm shook for my adopted black siblings and my jewish friends.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

texaholic posted:

So there is a good chance Sarah Palin ends up in Trumps cabinet. Gonna be a good four years for SNL/John Oliver etc.........

Who loving cares. 'Liberal' media has been funny people making jokes on tv for too long. Allowable dissent.

This isn't funny.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I'm kind of pissed at both and don't like that I feel that way.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I said this during the Primary and I'll say it now

This election is about Agency.
This is what happens when you ignore people's Agency

They use it to oppose you.

While Trump may not actually be offering net + in Agency, he is offering the illusion of agency so the voters believe they will get more Agency.

People are scared and want to have control of their life.
This is a generalization but overlaps with the common human condition and reasons, this does not mean many of the votes were not racially/gender motivated, but the fear people feel is a major factor to solidify their decision. 'Tis being human.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

FistEnergy posted:

hail hydra imo

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Tars Tarkas posted:

Trump isn't even the worst part of President Trump, it's the piles and piles of loons who will get stuffed into cabinet positions that will do immeasurable damage. Trump will let them do whatever they want because he won't want to get bogged down with all the details, and they'll go hog wild.

Basically this. Trump is bad enough on his own, but the people who follow him are what really scare the poo poo out of me.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

Except for deregulation of Wall Street, ignoring climate change, people with pre-existing conditions being denied health insurance, and large tax cuts for the wealthy.

You mean the same cuts Obama extended?

Obama was too little too late on climate change. Hillary was even worse than him. You need a president to declare war on climate change if you want any hope of that not loving us.

Also Obama care has a literal poor tax if you can't afford health care. gently caress Obamacare.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Wall street journal has an article out about the house GOP tax plan: surprise! It raises taxes on the middle class:

https://twitter.com/RichardRubinDC/status/796317892669272065

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also for some of you younger posters who don't really remember what life was like with a republican presidency, this will be an exciting new experience!

pricklytoast
Oct 22, 2016
What color will our uniforms be in the salt mines?? I wanted to say gold but I think that will be the color the guards wear.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
So wait, did Clinton send out her campaign manager to tell everyone to go home before calling Trump to concede? She didn't even give a concession speech? What a loving cowardly thing to do, especially after making so much hay about how Trump was going to rewrite the decorum rule book.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cubey posted:

the dems did not need to peel away voters from trump. he got less votes than romney did. they just had to get people who did not vote in this election to vote for them. there is no doubt in my mind that a populist candidate like bernie would have done this.

trump did not win this election. the dems lost it by running a candidate that people were not thrilled about voting for.

This. There was no enthusiasm for Clinton other than the "yay first woman president!!!" and the fact she wasn't Trump. She didn't anything to the table other than scandals. I'm sorry for ever defending her.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Night10194 posted:

I know, it makes me feel even worse. :smith:

gently caress her and all other careerists. I don't care if you spent your whole life dreaming of being the most powerful person in the world, if your policies and character were poo poo then you don't "deserve" to be pulling the lever of power and I don't feel sympathy or even pity for her after having her dreams denied.

Hundreds of millions of people get their dreams broken in this country because America IS NOT GREAT, and none of them get the full press coverage of an election cycle. Most of them didn't want to go to war with a nuclear power, either.

Politics are about achieving policy outcomes, not about the hopes and dreams of particular individuals.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
tend to try and keep my philanthropy local, but I suppose I better go donate to RAINN so I can watch the world burn with y'all

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Schnorkles posted:

also sorry for bein' wrong friends.

not the first time its happened.

It's okay, we were all reading the same info deriving the same general conclusions from what we saw and got totally blindsided.

How a $1bn presidential campaign misread all the same information though is fascinating or at least would be had it not led to a Trump presidency.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Nodelphi posted:

So was it the millennials that hosed the democrats?

Looks like they went heavily 3rd party.

Dear millenials: You're all racist/sexist Berniebros. Now please vote abuela.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

Trump isn't healthy . I would be shocked if he makes it 8 years in a presidents schedule.

This is my hope too. If Obama was any indication, taking office is like picking the wrong Holy Grail

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

cult member at airport posted:

Well her legacy has been destroyed overnight and her lifelong dream to be President was crushed so I can't blame her. If you or I feel bad about this how do you think she feels :(.

I mean, I am sad Trump won but the fact that the democrats made sure she was the nominee and thought they could pundit there way to a win is why we have president Trump. I don't feel bad for her. The #1 reason we have a President Trump is Hillary Clinton.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

As bad as Clinton feels, think how bad Huma Abedin must feel. Rough couple months for her!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Cubey posted:

the dems did not need to peel away voters from trump. he got less votes than romney did. they just had to get people who did not vote in this election to vote for them. there is no doubt in my mind that a populist candidate like bernie would have done this.

trump did not win this election. the dems lost it by running a candidate that people were not thrilled about voting for.

you and the berniebros were right. if he runs he probably wins.

i'm sorry for voting for clinton in the primaries everyone.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is there a list out there of all the things the Trump campaign did that would have sunk any other politician?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

i keep telling myself as i'm about to be executed as an enemy of the state

it is a far far better thing that i do than i have done, it is a far far better rest that i go to

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Lift your spirits with a fresh new track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mr. Jive posted:

This is my hope too. If Obama was any indication, taking office is like picking the wrong Holy Grail

I legit wasn't sure Hillary would be in a place to run in 2020 if she won.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Wall street journal has an article out about the house GOP tax plan: surprise! It raises taxes on the middle class:

https://twitter.com/RichardRubinDC/status/796317892669272065

The aristocrats!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

This is absolutely the worst 24 hours of Barack Obama's life.

His entire legacy is going to get flushed down the toilet in the first 100 days of Trump's presidency.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I suggest you guys start getting fitted for armbands soon, they're a bitch to get right and you don't want the medium sizes to sell out before you get one

it looks really tacking when you gotta hold your's up with a safety pin.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Is there a list out there of all the things the Trump campaign did that would have sunk any other politician?

Wikipedia.com/donald_j_trump

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
No one hosed anyone.

There will be some fighting and finger pointing but my hope is that as democrats or leftists or progressives that we can come together and keep fighting the good fight. This was a misjudged election from day one and there's a whole lot of soul searching that needs to be done by everyone left and right.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mirthless posted:

At least Oklahoma got most of their ballot initiatives right. :( I'm not looking forward to this new paradigm of executing prisoners by boiling them alive, but at least they're not sending people to prison for felony drug possession anymore, and at least we're not going to have a twelve cent sales tax.

Oh hey I saw this earlier but didnt comment. The sales tax defeat is actually really loving bad because the school systems in Oklahoma are on their last legs as is. They needed that money, because that dumb loving state has run itself into the ground with Republican fiscal policies. Kansas may get all the press for being a Brownback shithole, but Oklahoma has been on the decline for far longer and the damage is far deeper. Especially since the oil industry was dealt the double whammy of fracking becoming unprofitable *and* the state shaking itself apart as the Earth itself rises up to register some complaints. Losing that money means the lower performing (black and hispanic) schools are going to get shafted even harder to preserve the (white) successful schools.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Armbands are so passe.

Now red hats... That's the ticket!

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

gently caress her and all other careerists. I don't care if you spent your whole life dreaming of being the most powerful person in the world, if your policies and character were poo poo then you don't "deserve" to be pulling the lever of power and I don't feel sympathy or even pity for her after having her dreams denied.

Hundreds of millions of people get their dreams broken in this country because America IS NOT GREAT, and none of them get the full press coverage of an election cycle. Most of them didn't want to go to war with a nuclear power, either.

Politics are about achieving policy outcomes, not about the hopes and dreams of particular individuals.

It was her turn though.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

axeil posted:

you and the berniebros were right. if he runs he probably wins.

i'm sorry for voting for clinton in the primaries everyone.

I think he loses on taxes, to be honest.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

This. There was no enthusiasm for Clinton other than the "yay first woman president!!!" and the fact she wasn't Trump. She didn't anything to the table other than scandals. I'm sorry for ever defending her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Just think of how many companies the POTUS will personally help avoid taxes

• Locked thread