Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

exquisite tea posted:

It's okay, we were all reading the same info deriving the same general conclusions from what we saw and got totally blindsided.

How a $1bn presidential campaign misread all the same information though is fascinating or at least would be had it not led to a Trump presidency.

day of turnout sucked. It's honestly that simple. The lead we had going into eday should have been safe, but it wasn't~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is twice in my lifetime I've seen my parents and family celebrate when a terrible idiot gets chosen from the GOP primary because 'there's no way he can win! WE HAVE THIS!' and then we lose the EC while winning the popular vote, lol. I told them back in August, last year: "This is a scarier thing than you think."

I was right. You'd think people who lived through Reagan would know to be wary of 'empty' but charismatic politicians.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I remember I chimed in yesterday and asked if we were all remainers about to experience a brexit surprise and was laughed off.

Well, whose laughing now?*

*Not me or you and, in 8 years, no one

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

Trump isn't healthy . I would be shocked if he makes it 8 years in a presidents schedule.

Trump being absentee president because it's too much work would arguably be more dangerous, because it means he'll start delegating to Secretary of State Newt Gingrich, Attorney-General Rudy Giuliani, Vice President Mike Pence, White House Chief of Staff Chris Christie, and Secretary of Defense Allen West.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cubey posted:

there is no doubt in my mind that a populist candidate like bernie would have done this.

If only there was a strong leftist populist running for a senate seat this year that shows just how full of poo poo you are.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

triple sulk posted:

I think he loses on taxes, to be honest.

he probably doesn't get smoked to poo poo in the upper midwest so i think he manages it.

plus people hate banks so it might have worked.

who knows. who cares.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Maybe Ivanka will keep Michelle Obama around as a speech writer.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Somebody go back and un-kill those Primary threads where everybody told us we had to vote Hillary because she was more electable.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Thoguh posted:

I mean, I am sad Trump won but the fact that the democrats made sure she was the nominee and thought they could pundit there way to a win is why we have president Trump. I don't feel bad for her. The #1 reason we have a President Trump is Hillary Clinton.
We have Trump because ignorant racist bigoted fucks saw someone who spoke their language.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/gerardtbaker/status/796259243968122884

"Deplorables Rise Up to Reshape America"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

exquisite tea posted:

It's okay, we were all reading the same info deriving the same general conclusions from what we saw and got totally blindsided.

How a $1bn presidential campaign misread all the same information though is fascinating or at least would be had it not led to a Trump presidency.

this is the weird thing, because the slide to far right fascism in the Western world began nearly a decade ago

some of us have been saying that, either in threads like this one or elsewhere, and up until today we were discounted out of hand

wake the gently caress up, this isn't a fluke and it's going to get worse...... move to Canada? New Zealand? lmao it'll be there too

FIGHT, STOP TOEING THE PARTY LINE

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Trump being absentee president because it's too much work would arguably be more dangerous, because it means he'll start delegating to Secretary of State Newt Gingrich, Attorney-General Rudy Giuliani, Vice President Mike Pence, White House Chief of Staff Chris Christie, and Secretary of Defense Allen West.

Ag Rudy is going to be a nightmare

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Thoguh posted:

Somebody go back and un-kill those Primary threads where everybody told us we had to vote Hillary because she was more electable.

guilty as charged

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Attorney General Rudolph "arresting blacks for jumping the turnstiles since 1994" Giuliani

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

I mean, I am sad Trump won but the fact that the democrats made sure she was the nominee and thought they could pundit there way to a win is why we have president Trump. I don't feel bad for her. The #1 reason we have a President Trump is Hillary Clinton.

lol n the #2 reason is jeb!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

We have Trump because ignorant racist bigoted fucks saw someone who spoke their language.

Actually it's because Hillary was a terrible candidate who didn't embrace economic populism.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

C-SPAN Caller posted:

You mean the same cuts Obama extended?
You might want to look at Trump's tax plan again.

quote:

Obama was too little too late on climate change. Hillary was even worse than him. You need a president to declare war on climate change if you want any hope of that not loving us.
There is a big difference between Obama/Hillary doing too little, and Trump withdrawing funding to fight climate change, and encouraging behaviors that will worsen the problem.

quote:

Also Obama care has a literal poor tax if you can't afford health care. gently caress Obamacare.
Tell that to the people who are no longer going to have health insurance.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fknlo posted:

His entire legacy is going to get flushed down the toilet in the first 100 days of Trump's presidency.

The handle has been pulled, his legacy is just circling the drain now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

poo poo like that post is why we have a President Trump. Shits broken and Trump tapped in to it while Hillary thought it was automatic.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Nodelphi posted:

Maybe Ivanka will keep Michelle Obama around as a speech writer.

Melania is his wife

Although I'm sure he's gonna bang both of them in the Oval at some point

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

VikingSkull posted:

this is the weird thing, because the slide to far right fascism in the Western world began nearly a decade ago

some of us have been saying that, either in threads like this one or elsewhere, and up until today we were discounted out of hand

wake the gently caress up, this isn't a fluke and it's going to get worse...... move to Canada? New Zealand? lmao it'll be there too

FIGHT, STOP TOEING THE PARTY LINE

Or we can wait till after the second holocaust. That might scare people away from fascism <-- what everyone who wants to move to Canada is actually saying, unknowingly.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNtYmdZ-4c

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

#whitelash

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Not a Step posted:

Oh hey I saw this earlier but didnt comment. The sales tax defeat is actually really loving bad because the school systems in Oklahoma are on their last legs as is. They needed that money, because that dumb loving state has run itself into the ground with Republican fiscal policies. Kansas may get all the press for being a Brownback shithole, but Oklahoma has been on the decline for far longer and the damage is far deeper. Especially since the oil industry was dealt the double whammy of fracking becoming unprofitable *and* the state shaking itself apart as the Earth itself rises up to register some complaints. Losing that money means the lower performing (black and hispanic) schools are going to get shafted even harder to preserve the (white) successful schools.

No, the sales tax defeat thing is actually really loving good because the legislature now has to do something about the school system in Oklahoma, which is on it's last legs. Hard bills - the kind you get primaried over - get pushed to the voters to decide way too often instead. We're really at the limits of what ballot initiatives can accomplish.

We can't afford another sales tax increase. We've paid for every big infrastructure thing we've needed since 2008 with ballot initiative sales tax increases and the result is that we have the highest sales tax in the country. It's harming our economy, and it won't fix the budgetary problems our schools are having (Also, if the prior times this has happened are an indication, the state will just use the income from the sales tax increase to offset cuts to education down the road.)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

And Democrats sent the worst possible alternative to him.

No matter how you do the math, it's Hillary who gave us Trump.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Schnorkles posted:

No one hosed anyone.

There will be some fighting and finger pointing but my hope is that as democrats or leftists or progressives that we can come together and keep fighting the good fight. This was a misjudged election from day one and there's a whole lot of soul searching that needs to be done by everyone left and right.

Doubt it. Thanks to the wikileaks leaks about the DNC (and also what DWS openly did against Bernie), progressives are super pissed at the Clinton machine and everyone associated with it. Also they're not just going to roll over and give the progressive wing of the democratic party the keys to the castle. There's too much corporate money invested to let that happen.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well if w pre-9/11 is any indication trump's approval ratings are gonna be fun

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Fuckin lol that republicans voted for eliminating the personal exemption,effectively raising everyone's taxes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ozmunkeh posted:

So wait, did Clinton send out her campaign manager to tell everyone to go home before calling Trump to concede? She didn't even give a concession speech? What a loving cowardly thing to do, especially after making so much hay about how Trump was going to rewrite the decorum rule book.

shes a cowardly prideful piece of trash

heres the thread for her speech in 9 mins

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797280

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Louisgod posted:

Hoping this doesn't net me a six hour probie but their conclusion insinuates that Bernie may have netted better results than Clinton simply based on inspirational messaging alone which in turn could've churned up the female voter base.

God.. dammit
I don't think it will net you a probie :shobon:

Namaste

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Covok posted:

I remember I chimed in yesterday and asked if we were all remainers about to experience a brexit surprise and was laughed off.

Well, whose laughing now?*

*Not me or you and, in 8 years, no one

Well, the chattering skulls of the irradiated undead could be interpreted as laughing, I think.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Not a Step posted:

Poor, bitter hillarymen. Lashing out at anything except your dogshit candidate and your dogshit view of the world. The Dems lost *everything*. Every branch of government. Completely.

But no, never learn anything, never adapt, never try to win.

Just keep being mad at the world, because that anger keeps you warm inside.

It doesnt do poo poo else though.

Actually being insanely mad at the world for eight years just got millions of people to elect Donald J Trump as president of the United States of America

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was feeling ok when I woke up

Now feeling very bad again

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

gradenko_2000 posted:

He isn't capable of governing in the traditional sense because of his ADHD and his lack of basic knowledge. He will have to reign and will rubberstamp things on intuition. It is kind of like the way Hitler did not concern himself with governing. He had lieutenants who built up fiefdoms and competed with each other. That way they did all the wwork and none of them became too popular or powerful. I think that the chaotic model of governance.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Welp now that Obama has basically lifted this country back to where it was pre-2008 clusterfuck I guess it's time to put the GOP back in the driver's seat so they can gently caress up the economy again

woooooo

should I wait for the next crash to buy a house

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

Also the republicans better do something about the whole trade thing and fast, because the whiplash in those Rust belt states if the car factories don't come back is going to take some people's heads off.

aren't they just going to blame everything bad on Obama?

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

triple sulk posted:

I think he loses on taxes, to be honest.

he might have lost some voters to trump on taxes but look at how many midwest counties went to trump that went to obama, and also to bernie in the primaries

again, the problem was turnout. people did not come out to vote for the candidate who was a business as usual politician who had decades of poo poo (most unwarranted) thrown at her and an open fbi investigation during campaign season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Not a Step posted:

Oh hey I saw this earlier but didnt comment. The sales tax defeat is actually really loving bad because the school systems in Oklahoma are on their last legs as is. They needed that money, because that dumb loving state has run itself into the ground with Republican fiscal policies. Kansas may get all the press for being a Brownback shithole, but Oklahoma has been on the decline for far longer and the damage is far deeper. Especially since the oil industry was dealt the double whammy of fracking becoming unprofitable *and* the state shaking itself apart as the Earth itself rises up to register some complaints. Losing that money means the lower performing (black and hispanic) schools are going to get shafted even harder to preserve the (white) successful schools.

It's actually a wash because although school funding is hosed in OK, adding more regressive taxation is actually a bad thing.

• Locked thread