Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Cubey posted:

again, nobody loving turned out to vote.

There was no crossover Trump-Feingold or even Johnson/Stein-Feingold vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mr. Jive posted:

Same but I don't really know what to say, I'm having a hard time finding a bright side to this that doesn't sound glib

I tell them, one day, people will read about a short and hosed up period in American history and wonder how we did this, then get back to their lives. All things pass in time.

E: Also that friends, family, and loved ones are still here, and still love them. That there are still people who respect and like them, despite this.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FAUXTON posted:

Trans guy I work with hasn't come in and is apparently unreachable.

A lot of trans individuals are afraid to leave their homes for the next couple of weeks. They fear emboldened reprisials and out-right lynchings in some parts of the country.

Source: my trans friends.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I don't disagree.

I also cannot look past someone voting for Trump after he has been established as hateful towards black people, latinos, immigrants of all kinds, muslims, with a VP that hates gay people.

I don't believe for second that people voting for Trump did so without acknowledging, and agreeing, they would be harming the "other."

American politics are driven by spite, and Trump tapped directly into it. Rural people are hurting bad, and now they want to hurt other people. Trump not only told them that he would make everything better for them, but that the other people they've been conditioned to hate for years can also get hosed.

Incidentally I'm feeling tremors from fracking sites across the border in Oklahoma. So glad Queen Abuela never campaigned against it.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Schnorkles posted:

I gave everyone the day off today, called a client to reschedule a meeting and he's still drunk soooo

send him a link to the thread

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tainen posted:

Michelle is the only one that can save us in 2020!

Seriously tho, who else is there for 2020?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tainen posted:

Michelle is the only one that can save us in 2020!

yeah great run the wife of a former president, i hear that works real well

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

gently caress Wisconsin, I hate it and it's Bad

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Covok posted:

A lot of trans individuals are afraid to leave their homes for the next couple of weeks. They fear emboldened reprisials and out-right lynchings in some parts of the country.

Source: my trans friends.

You'd think he'd answer his phone though.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Night10194 posted:

We cannibalized the vote in EV, didn't we?

I don't think so. There was a lot of evidence that dems were turning out low probability voters who were genuinely excited. What appears to have happened, and this will take weeks to sort out, is that the base disintegrated. Esp. in the rust belt.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Not a Step posted:

Poor, bitter hillarymen. Lashing out at anything except your dogshit candidate and your dogshit view of the world. The Dems lost *everything*. Every branch of government. Completely.

But no, never learn anything, never adapt, never try to win.

Just keep being mad at the world, because that anger keeps you warm inside.

It doesnt do poo poo else though.

That's probably enough now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Going to miss net neutrality and the small hope of America's internet getting unfucked since I can't imagine Wheeler's going to be kept around, among other things.

Vertical Lime posted:

chargexit

https://twitter.com/annieheilbrunn/status/796367505526661124

gonna be so funny when they don't get their jobs back but still love trump in 2020

Do people actually think this won't be the case? The rust belt idiots who voted for Trump aren't going to blame him when their lovely jobs don't come back because it's far too easy to deflect their anger on to the Others and an increase in violence towards minorities. No matter what happens over the next 2-4 years the GOP's not going to catch any flak for it from Trumpists because they are ready, willing, and wanting to blame anyone else for problems.

cult member at airport posted:

It will be interesting to see what the Republicans do with unbridled power. They control the White House and both chambers, and they can put whoever they want in the Supreme Court. So at least for the next 2 years they have no excuse not to overturn Roe v Wade and Obergefell v. Hodges, repeal Obamacare, target Muslims and undocumented immigrants, etc. And The Wall, don't forget The Wall.

Unless something changed I don't think Kennedy is actually on board with a wholesale overturn of Roe v. Wade. Maybe if Trump attempts to loosen libel laws he'll fail due to 1A grounds but honestly I'm not sure considering there are multiple justices who don't even think flag burning should be allowed. The only upside to that is we'd get to see the MSM get destroyed for their own incompetence and lust for ratings. While Breitbart is going to turn in to our version of RT.

The ACA is hosed though and the Trumpstaffel deportation force will only come about if/when they defund a bunch of social services to pay for it since they sure as poo poo aren't going to raise taxes... on the wealthy anyways.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

pathetic little tramp posted:

Like republicans routinely gently caress their voters hard but I'm impressed with how loving fast the story came out that says yo eat poo poo pepe who voted for us

forever economically anxious

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Roy Cooper is up in NC versus Pat McCrory by ~3.5k votes total.

Goes into automatic mandatory recount since it's within a 1% margin.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Night10194 posted:

I tell them, one day, people will read about a short and hosed up period in American history and wonder how we did this, then get back to their lives. All things pass in time.

E: Also that friends, family, and loved ones are still here, and still love them. That there are still people who respect and like them, despite this.

Thanks

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I don't disagree.

I also cannot look past someone voting for Trump after he has been established as hateful towards black people, latinos, immigrants of all kinds, muslims, with a VP that hates gay people.

I don't believe for second that people voting for Trump did so without acknowledging, and agreeing, they would be harming the "other."

Hillary is also all of those things but trump is honest about it so he won

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Like, now is a time to go and find your friends and family and remind yourself that there are people you love and the world is still here.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

There was a lot of good information that suggested things were fine leading up to election day. Day of turnout was cataclysmic. Not much that can be said about that other than "whoops"

I find myself wondering if pollsters didn't put their thumb on the scale. A couple of weeks before the election there were a lot of state polls that looked an awful lot like the final result, then the ship seemed to magically right itself at the very end.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Too bad Bernie was even worse at winning elections than her, yeah?

Maybe if the DNC didn't tip the scales in favor of Hillary all the drat time? Just a reminder that states like New York closed primary registrations of October of last year, before anyone even got a chance to learn who Bernie was. When you setup a system that's anti-democratic, this is what you're going to get.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Heh, these descriptions of the Clinton HQ last night.

"They hosted the event in a space with a large glass ceiling, expecting that it would be symbolic when she won. In a way, it was still symbolic, but..."

"Some people were seen emptying confetti cannons back into cardboard boxes."

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Schnorkles posted:

There was a lot of good information that suggested things were fine leading up to election day. Day of turnout was cataclysmic. Not much that can be said about that other than "whoops"

I was at an election party and figured HRC had Florida because the cities were still coming in...

Then I thought HRC was going to win Pennsylvania because the cities still hadn't come in....

And in Michigan, Wisconsin....

Holy gently caress was I wrong.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TyrantWD posted:

dude that does not matter holy poo poo

turnout was down, trump won fewer votes than losing republicans won in the past. if people do not go out to vote for a democratic president candidate then it should not come as a surprise to you when they do poorly on downballot races as well.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
this hillary lady... she was not a good pick.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Like, now is a time to go and find your friends and family and remind yourself that there are people you love and the world is still here.

lol

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Now, finally, Trump can pivot.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Not a Step posted:

Poor, bitter hillarymen. Lashing out at anything except your dogshit candidate and your dogshit view of the world. The Dems lost *everything*. Every branch of government. Completely.

And the republicans lost everything in 2008.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

I don't think so. There was a lot of evidence that dems were turning out low probability voters who were genuinely excited. What appears to have happened, and this will take weeks to sort out, is that the base disintegrated. Esp. in the rust belt.

If there was early voting in mi and wis maybe we would have saw it

But still .... she lost to Obama on the white woman vote. No one expected that

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Not a Step posted:

a bloo bloo my clinging to life criminal lost to the weird hair criminal

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
We're gonna get a Rehnquist supreme court again. Joy.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GobiasIndustries posted:

duckworth is all i got but i admittedly don't know much about her positions. she is a new senator elected this year so maybe she can be obama 2.0 come 2020.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I swear, I never want to see Hillary Clinton's name on my ballot ever again. She managed to loving Martha Coakley this election right into Donald Trump's hands.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I wonder if the media (i.e. Jonathan Capehart) regrets either writing hitpieces on Bernie or completely ignoring him.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Too bad Bernie was even worse at winning elections than her, yeah?

hhhhhhhahahaha nice. always look outward never inward. The Hilary method

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

I swear, I never want to see Hillary Clinton's name on my ballot ever again. She managed to loving Martha Coakley this election right into Donald Trump's hands.

She's done mate

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jeb! Repetition posted:

My understanding was 10:30 eastern time, 9:30 central, so in 1 minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-B6AtuNlMY

go away you useless "candidate"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

True and funny image

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Cubey posted:

duckworth is all i got but i admittedly don't know much about her positions. she is a new senator elected this year so maybe she can be obama 2.0 come 2020.

duckworth and booker are the easy bets at this point

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

Gabbard

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

i never want to see hillary ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Schnorkles posted:

Can you tell us again there's no one to blame? Not even the media with their false equivalence 'balance' BS?

I'm kind of angry at everyone

• Locked thread