Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope you're all safe and manage to stay that way. Not sure what else to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.theonion.com/article/nations-optimists-need-shut-gently caress-right-now-54658

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
I'm moving to Senegal on that rear end. I was gonna do it at 40 but motherfuck all this poo poo. My job allows me to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Nope to the nope nope.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/cool_as_heck/status/796218978955837444

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

This is a really good thread that I've been reading and not posting in because I have nothing of value to contribute, but seriously I'm so loving sorry for this awful night and that you all have to live in this garbage country. I wish I had more to offer but I really don't know what to say that wouldn't sound even more empty than this already does.

Same man. I am so sorry for you guys. The white poor working class loving shot themselves in the head, they deserve what's coming to them. I am just sorry that they're dragging PoC, women and lgbt down with them.

Stay safe.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

All my black family in the US is terrified, and my Ukrainian family in Ukraine is also feeling the same. This is really scary, I feel no smugness that many canadians apparently do. Also some of my ukraine family are muslim, so it's this perfect mix of trump absolutely hating my family all around the world.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I also don't post here because I got nothing to add but I'm so loving sorry my garbage race voted for the orange clown because emails and minorities. Y'all deserve better than this bullshit.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm worried and everyone around me is too, just because we realize how many people in this country hate people like me and that there's no real way around it. I have no idea what to even do at this point or where to run to.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

I guess the new narrative is going to be that if Bernie Sanders were nominated, then Trump would have lost which is a pretty dumb narrative, especially since we aren't even sure that people of color would have turned out for him.

Black people didn't turn out for him in the primaries. That's the issue. The Alt Right was successful in making black people distrust the Democratic Party, and that has showed itself in how they/we vote. It would have been worse for him in the general, because at least older black women like Clinton.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I thought of this thread and was going to try and make a witty comment regarding both it and donald trumps election, but then I remembered donald trump was just elected POTUS and had to cry a little.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I just have to say sorry that white people voted in Trump. I hope you all stay safe through this shitstorm.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Serge Painsbourg posted:

I just have to say sorry that white people voted in Trump. I hope you all stay safe through this shitstorm.

Same here. I voted for Hillary but it wasnt enough.

God damnit, America, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

gently caress I'm soo sorry :negative:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
To talk about something good though, is there a good article/thing that goes through all the references in Luke Cage and explains it to someone from an Arctic Island? I watch Netflix on my TV so I couldn't just pause and google things

you know what, this isn't the time maybe

BadOptics posted:

gently caress I'm soo sorry :negative:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Same here. I voted for Hillary but it wasnt enough.

God damnit, America, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

We have so very many racist white people and three decades worth of baseless smears on Clinton. Hence, Cheeto Benito upset.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress white people, gently caress white supremacy, gently caress america. I hope all the much vaunted "poor whites" who created this whitelash suffer exactly what they've voted for

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

for people asking what's wrong with america, the answer is simple. It starts with "white" and ends with "macy."

every (non-LGBT) demographic of white people voted majority trump. nobody else did. this is a whitelash and the fault lies squarely on white people's terror of PoC getting rights.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Doctor Butts posted:

I wish some people of Asian ethnicity would make me use their real name instead of their Americanized name but I don't think I have much of a say in the matter. In the end, I call them the name they wish to be called.

Then again, I'd probably butcher their real name, anyway.

"Steve"

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

K Prime posted:

gently caress white people, gently caress white supremacy, gently caress america. I hope all the much vaunted "poor whites" who created this whitelash suffer exactly what they've voted for

They will, but they'll do it with a smile since us darkies will get it worse.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

statistically it is more likely any white people you see tomorrow voted trump. think about that. think about how much they hate us (in the broad PoC sense).

there is no longer a justification for anybody to hesitate to say it- white people are racist monsters.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 9, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

negromancer posted:

I'm moving to Senegal on that rear end. I was gonna do it at 40 but motherfuck all this poo poo. My job allows me to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Nope to the nope nope.
Why Senegal, out of curiosity?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Baronjutter posted:

All my black family in the US is terrified, and my Ukrainian family in Ukraine is also feeling the same. This is really scary, I feel no smugness that many canadians apparently do. Also some of my ukraine family are muslim, so it's this perfect mix of trump absolutely hating my family all around the world.

I'm not smug. Jut kind of flabbergasted. It's like the world is going insane.

What the gently caress is going on. This is all a bad dream.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Mewnie posted:

I'm not smug. Jut kind of flabbergasted. It's like the world is going insane.

What the gently caress is going on. This is all a bad dream.

I don't think anyone can be smug. Brexit and now this, the white supremacy vote is awakening and it's god drat terrifying if other white dominated countries continue to lose their god drat minds.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Maluco Marinero posted:

I don't think anyone can be smug. Brexit and now this, the white supremacy vote is awakening and it's god drat terrifying if other white dominated countries continue to lose their god drat minds.

Putin can be blamed for encouraging a good deal of this to weaken any rival states by ensuring sympathetic idiots take over.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I've suddenly come around on the position of heroin legalization. I want more heroin in more rural and suburban white communities and as fast as possible.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

K Prime posted:

They will. The dumbasses that voted for them will be the ones most affected by the removal of Obamacare, thhe inevitable weakening of social security, medicare, the wealth transference to the wealthy by lower taxes, weakened worker rights, etc. And I will laugh and I sincerely hope they suffer, with every fiber of my being. Innocent people will die now, and it's all on their heads, so when they are breaking their backs working 20 hours a day and getting hooked on painkillers, and they are slaves to the corporate overlords due to weakened workers laws I will laugh. Reap the whirlwind you evil horrible fucks.

Edit: ^^^^ this guy knows whats up.

drat,melting down right now

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

K Prime posted:

They'll suffer terribly and still blame it on minorities because they're stupid as gently caress.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I will throw in with what others have said: This thread and Misogynoir have been amazing and eye opening, and I look forward to keep learning from them. This country is idiotically insane for doing this and I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling right now, all I can say is that I'm extremely sorry and I hope you all stay safe.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Darko posted:

I'm worried and everyone around me is too, just because we realize how many people in this country hate people like me and that there's no real way around it. I have no idea what to even do at this point or where to run to.

I know this means poo poo, but I have always appreciated your posts in CineD, especially on BvS. You're one of my favorite posters. Sending virtual hugs your way.

On an unrelated note: How many white gay people voted for cheeto benito? Please tell me at least this section of whiteys are innocent, I would be very upset if it turns out my people turned quisling

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hopefully minorities will rise up to justifiably and violently overthrow whitey soon. And when they do all I ask is to be the first against the wall so that I don't have to live on this shithole planet any more.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
There are prostests in Oakland happening already.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I am so, so sorry that white people are terrible. Please be safe.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The Shortest Path posted:

I am so, so sorry that white people are terrible. Please be safe.

:same: speaking as a whitey that voted for Hillary and failed to get her elected.

If there is to be an actual uprising against Dictator Trump, I just hope I have enough warning to take my family and go hide somewhere so I'm not mistaken for one of the enemy.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

I don't remember if it was here or the misogynoir thread that mentioned that white-trans folk tend to have an easier time of things than trans PoC, but goddamn white privilege/fragility is a hell of a drug. I had to recuse myself from facebook cause i found out that a sizeable number of my white trans acquaintances openly supported Trump because he was the anti-establishment candidate and they were salty about Bernie and because Hillary was focusing on racial minorities (apparently ignoring the fact that in addition to those people, Trump would be awful for trans folk too). Just so loving pissed that they were so willing to throw Trans PoC under the bus like that, even if it was to be expected cause holy poo poo gently caress white supremacy. Between that and all the poo poo heads coming out castigating the Dems for not coddling white racists fee fees has me all kinds of salty, which is not mixing well with the existential dread and horror.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

White supremacy is a hell of a drug.

I look forward to becoming to becoming black girl Arrow and mowing down people while screaming "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS COUNTRY!" Before the cops murder me.

Tell your children my story.

Also tell them about John Brown the ultimate ally who got run off and scapegoated as a crazy person because he saw injustice and fought it as any well minded person should have.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

McCloud posted:

I know this means poo poo, but I have always appreciated your posts in CineD, especially on BvS. You're one of my favorite posters. Sending virtual hugs your way.

On an unrelated note: How many white gay people voted for cheeto benito? Please tell me at least this section of whiteys are innocent, I would be very upset if it turns out my people turned quisling

Let me tell you about log cabin republicans...

gay white men have been basically fine with most of white america for a long time and they straight up do not give a gently caress about the rest of the queer community except when the queer community can help them get something they want. they got marriage equality, so now it's straight back to voting republican so that they can get tax breaks on their "we're two white men" income.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LunarShadow posted:

I don't remember if it was here or the misogynoir thread that mentioned that white-trans folk tend to have an easier time of things than trans PoC, but goddamn white privilege/fragility is a hell of a drug. I had to recuse myself from facebook cause i found out that a sizeable number of my white trans acquaintances openly supported Trump because he was the anti-establishment candidate and they were salty about Bernie and because Hillary was focusing on racial minorities (apparently ignoring the fact that in addition to those people, Trump would be awful for trans folk too). Just so loving pissed that they were so willing to throw Trans PoC under the bus like that, even if it was to be expected cause holy poo poo gently caress white supremacy. Between that and all the poo poo heads coming out castigating the Dems for not coddling white racists fee fees has me all kinds of salty, which is not mixing well with the existential dread and horror.

how in the sweet gently caress did any trans person vote to make MIKE PENCE the vice president? he who wants to electrocute the queer out of them? gently caress this entire earth.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

gay white men have been basically fine with most of white america for a long time and they straight up do not give a gently caress about the rest of the queer community except when the queer community can help them get something they want. they got marriage equality, so now it's straight back to voting republican so that they can get tax breaks on their "we're two white men" income.

What happens to them when Pence tries to roll back marriage equity not to mention other legal workplace protections?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Do polls bear this out or is this just your gut feeling about white gays being the literal worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

how in the sweet gently caress did any trans person vote to make MIKE PENCE the vice president? he who wants to electrocute the queer out of them? gently caress this entire earth.
I dunno. They are the same kind of person that is all "YOu are pathetic if you unfriend someone on FB over politics." and I have been trying to not post something akin to what you said in this post cause I am just so loving pissed. The circle she runs is super loving anti-sjw to the point they are racist.

• Locked thread