Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Dog Jones posted:

Yeah, I must say he does have a cavalier attitude re: the notion that other nations would have nuclear programs and I disagree with that

Getting along with russia is a good idea, neoliberals freak me the gently caress out with their war mongering against russia

I don't know much about Trump's gently caress NATO stance, I think you're referring to him pissing and moaning about other NATO members not pulling their weight. But thats true so I donno what to tell you

Banning people based on their religion is horrible and reprehensible, but its a domestic issue not foreign policy so its not what i was talking about

I dont think she was gunning for war with Russia, she's just more inclined to acknowledge the war-posturing Russia and Putin are actively doing, and her experience with foreign policy at least means she would've come to the presidency preloaded with a plan to deal with them. I think Trump is gonna give Putin whatever he wants so he doesn't have to deal with an actual world altering confrontation.

As for the Muslim ban, when it inevitably evolves into "Ban Muslims from certain countries" you can bet your rear end it's a foreign policy issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Not a Step posted:

Most of the people who voted Hillary in the primary were going to vote Dem in the general no matter what. Minorities are a locked in Dem demographic who by and large don't get a choice. Bernie got a lot of new voters in on the Dem primaries and did very well with whites, who turned out to be the key to this election (and also every other election ever).

This election also came down to turnout. Hillary could have won if she could have gotten Democratic asses out of chairs and into the voting booths, but shes a pretty dogshit candidate with no charisma or charm. Bernie could motivate people. Ironically his gently caress off huge rallies would have been what the Dems needed to turn out the vote.

So the theory is Bernie would have done better with whites, not lost any minorities, and would have increased Dem turnout, all leading to a Dem victory.

fwiw, based on where HRC lost and how this election played out, I agree with all of this.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Chipotle feeling patriotic AF

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

skylined! posted:

The worst thing about all this is that those dumb loving red hats aren't going away.

My wife got me a Make America Great Again can coozy as a joke and I was going to use it for the next 4 years and have a little laugh every time I drank out of it. Now...

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
gently caress this means don't ask don't tell or some form of it is coming back doesn't it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Don't think Bernie would have won Florida, for instance, but he wouldn't have ran so far behind in White Dem counties in MI/OH/PA/IA/WI.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cubey posted:

i really hope duckworth is the next obama. i really hope she is groomed to be the populist that the dems are gonna need in 2020 and the future face of what the dems need to turn their party into. they will not win the presidency if they keep pursuing neoliberalism.

She's a disabled vet from Asia. She'll run into Birtherism 2.0, emboldened attacks on her race (hi Mark Kirk), and swiftboating.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

this is by far the worst part of all this. though it will be interesting seeing how his material changes now that his man is in charge.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Consummate Professional posted:

gently caress this means don't ask don't tell or some form of it is coming back doesn't it

theyre gonna need to make massive cutbacks in the military anyway

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
looks like in the end NH will have been decided by under 2000 votes :eyepop:

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

actually no one knows

no one pretend they actually know anything about what will happen

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Alex Jones becomign a major media figure is going to make the next 4 years reaaaallll interesting

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm just kind of legitimately curious how much damage the GOP is going to be able to do to this country while they have the helm now

ahhhhh sweet sweet ironic detachment, carry me away!

Gonna be a good time to raise taxes on the poor/middle class and open up deregulated financial firms!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Paul Ryan is currently on his knees.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

We'll count ourselves lucky if women still get to serve.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

Alex Jones becomign a major media figure is going to make the next 4 years reaaaallll interesting

i hope he makes it all 4 years without being glassed on the street but seems unlikely

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

anyway, hail satan

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
WHen do they give Trump back his phone?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/postpolitics/status/796385086111444996
Even if Bernie lost, I'd agree with this take.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Rocks posted:

actually no one knows

no one pretend they actually know anything about what will happen

i know

chaos reigns

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm just kind of legitimately curious how much damage the GOP is going to be able to do to this country while they have the helm now

ahhhhh sweet sweet ironic detachment, carry me away!

Look to North Carolina and MI for your answers.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

Don't think Bernie would have won Florida, for instance, but he wouldn't have ran so far behind in White Dem counties in MI/OH/PA/IA/WI.

Honestly he might have. Florida is a weird nether realm where anything is possible but nothing is probable. Living here is crazy.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Glenn Beck is an absolute mess this morning.

I just tuned in and drat...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Montasque posted:

Glenn Beck is an absolute mess

you coulda stopped here

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Seriously, lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
does this mean the white genocide is off? are white people saved from extinction?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/796386771068067840

Paul Ryan is so not ready for this

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

a this point i think im gonna let myself get banned 4 a while til this blows over, this primary bitterness is really bringing down my high rite now

Im sorry your candidate got destroyed Al!. You were never a total shithead about it like zoux, Tatum and the others. RIP this dumb country. The thousand years of darkness begins today.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FrensaGeran posted:

We'll count ourselves lucky if women still get to serve.

I'm sure they'll still get to serve, they're just not gonna like the uniforms as much :smith:

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

iospace posted:

She's a disabled vet from Asia. She'll run into Birtherism 2.0, emboldened attacks on her race (hi Mark Kirk), and swiftboating.

she doesn't have legs, theres no purple heart band-aid for that

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

change my name posted:

also I tweeted @hillary asking if I could get my 5 dollars back, let's see if it's not too late

after Bernie lost I kept thinking about donating to Hillary but never did, I rationalized it based on her earnings advantage, I figured she wouldn't need the money

In hindsight she clearly needed it, and yet I'm more glad than ever that I didn't contribute because lol how badly do you have to mismanage your money to outraise your opponent to this degree and still lose this badly?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Even with the Trump win, his seat as speaker isn't certain.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

can't wait to be told to buy even more water purifiers and SELENIUM

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TheIllestVillain posted:

they'll claim she lost them in a lawnmower accident or something.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
is facebook going to let me know which fema camp im supposed to report to or is that going to be mailed or something

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Paul Ryan on CNN looking like he's actively cumming in his pants. gently caress you, Paul Ryan.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

does this mean the white genocide is off? are white people saved from extinction?

Nope, just wait till all the riots that will happen under President Trump. Racial tension was high as gently caress and there were already riots under the first black president. Racial tensions will metaphorically explode under Trump.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this is by far the worst part of all this. though it will be interesting seeing how his material changes now that his man is in charge.

He's ready to blame THE GLOBALIST CONSPIRACY if anything bad happens under Trump's watch.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TheIllestVillain posted:

That's true, but remember the line Kirk used in their debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I wonder how millennial are going to react to social progress actually being rolled back. It's basically been 10 straight years of small but steady victories in a variety of areas and you've got a whole generation of college-aged people who have never had to conceive of things getting worse socially.

I'm not talking in terms of election in the future, just in a general psychological sense of having these seemingly settled battles spring forth again.

• Locked thread