Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Much like the "Leave" vote winning emboldened racist white Britons, the victory alone, not even his eventual policies, are going to be terrifying and dangerous immediately. Also every cop who just wants to gun down black people now knows the president himself has their back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

LunarShadow posted:

I dunno. They are the same kind of person that is all "YOu are pathetic if you unfriend someone on FB over politics." and I have been trying to not post something akin to what you said in this post cause I am just so loving pissed. The circle she runs is super loving anti-skeleton to the point they are racist.

Do we know the same group of idiots? I'm dealing with my now not really friend Amy who is that exact demographic doing that exact bullshit.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Rudy is going to be AG. PoCs are going to be gunned down like there's no tomorrow and this time around the resulting riots will be met with live ammo.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
I haven't felt this depressed in a long time. :negative:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I wish I could say something eloquent to express my sympathies and wishes that things turn out right for you all but all I've got are these.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Let me tell you about log cabin republicans...

gay white men have been basically fine with most of white america for a long time and they straight up do not give a gently caress about the rest of the queer community except when the queer community can help them get something they want. they got marriage equality, so now it's straight back to voting republican so that they can get tax breaks on their "we're two white men" income.

I haven't talked about this a lot because as an lgbt person I know how divisive this can get, but holy poo poo. the majority of white gays truly want the perks of white supremacy (like other whites, see: this election where even white women voted for a sexual predator) and have just been angry that their sexual identity was the one thing keep them from this and after the SCOTUS decision felt super emboldened.

ask me about white white supremacy w/r/t lesbian dating because I have some loving STORIES!

edit (this is one of those edits that idk if I have to add or not, but I'd feel better including because yall are loving dumb, again see: Trump as president-elect): also I have only dated 2 trans people and don't consider them representative of transfolks as a whole so don't ask me about that.

2nd edit: didn't rwlize this was still the Negrotown thread, ask me here.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 9, 2016

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I know a dude who legit doesn't see race. Because he was born without eyes.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Quorum posted:

Do polls bear this out or is this just your gut feeling about white gays being the literal worst

Remember when prop 8 passed in Cali and gays immediately started calling out the black community there for not being 100% with them? Yeah.

Edit: SOME gays, not all but forgive me some Hyperbole on this day.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Quorum posted:

Do polls bear this out or is this just your gut feeling about white gays being the literal worst

Go ahead and ask about racism in the gay community. Seriously. please.

it's really, really bad. has been really, really bad and continues to be really, really bad.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Koalas March posted:

it's really, really bad. has been really, really bad and continues to be really, really bad.

I am gay, friend. I'm constantly, unpleasantly aware of the racism and other animus in the community. My only question was whether the assertion that white gays went for trump in aggregate had polling data to support it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

What differentiates it from straight racism? Is it unique, or just an extension of mainstream racism?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Koalas March posted:

For real, for loving real. I have never met an interracial queer couple in the entire time I've been out. It's like you can cross one boundary or the other, but not both.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

By Allah, white people are stupid.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You were 100% right about how deep and painfully horrible white supremacy has burrowed into America, jesus christ.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I feel like the theory of white gay community voting majority trump would have more weight if it weren't for working class america being incredibly homophobic and dark lord pence, converter of the homos, being next in line if trump was impeached or dead, which has almost every gay person I know scared shitless right now

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Show me a gay person who voted for trump nearby me and I will tell them that they are complete idiots, just real dumb, in person tho

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Control Volume posted:

Show me a gay person who voted for trump nearby me and I will tell them that they are complete idiots, just real dumb, in person tho

I already said, Log Cabin Republicans. They loving endorsed trump. They are rich white gay dudes who are insulated by their money and do not give a gently caress about anything but their taxes. They are completely insulated from any consequences of this election because they are rich (because they are two white dudes).

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Control Volume posted:

I can not post fb profiles here, alas.

but yeah, I'm not trying to say OMG WHITE GAYS ARE WAY MORE RACIST GUYS, just that they support white supremacy at least as much as other white americans. Like god google "grindr + not black or asian" and see what comes up.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I already said, Log Cabin Republicans. They loving endorsed trump. They are rich white gay dudes who are insulated by their money and do not give a gently caress about anything but their taxes. They are completely insulated from any consequences of this election because they are rich (because they are two white dudes).

I need names and addresses here, not organizations! Gosh!! Heck!!!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Koalas March posted:

I can not post fb profiles here, alas.

but yeah, I'm not trying to say OMG WHITE GAYS ARE WAY MORE RACIST GUYS, just that they support white supremacy at least as much as other white americans. Like god google "grindr + not black or asian" and see what comes up.

Oh yeah racism is just as bad in the gay community, and Ill never be able to understand the eldritch mental processes that makes someone see a gay asian twink and think "No. I do not like this". I just think pence scared the majority of them over to clinton.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
My heart aches for what so many white people did last night. PoC tried to tell us white liberals how bad white supremacism was in this country, and we didn't listen.

I'm so, so sorry.

gently caress, what a terrible day.:smith: I am resolved to do what I can to help fight this bullshit over the next four years. I will do my very best to shut up and listen to people of color when they tell me what they need from me, instead of telling them what I think they should do. This has been a wakeup call for me. I hope it is for more white folks in this country, too.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Majorian posted:

gently caress, what a terrible day.:smith: I am resolved to do what I can to help fight this bullshit over the next four years. I will do my very best to shut up and listen to people of color when they tell me what they need from me, instead of telling them what I think they should do. This has been a wakeup call for me. I hope it is for more white folks in this country, too.

Thanks Maj. I know we've had our problems but you've come a long way.

Majorian posted:

My heart aches for what so many white people did last night. PoC tried to tell us white liberals how bad white supremacism was in this country, and we didn't listen.

Man, can you imagine if there was some kind of small, forums related microcosmic version of this? That would be wild.

this is me telling white folks this poo poo has been going on a long time, goes in HERE and when we told yall, you didn't believe us.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Koalas March posted:

Thanks Maj. I know we've had our problems but you've come a long way.

Well thanks, I appreciate that. I hope my lovely new hate-title serves as testament!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

So is this becoming the red text thread courtesy of one man on a crusade to prove everyone right about white fragility?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

xthetenth posted:

So is this becoming the red text thread courtesy of one man on a crusade to prove everyone right about white fragility?

Don's secretly been spending all his offtime browsing SA.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

For real, for loving real. I have never met an interracial queer couple in the entire time I've been out. It's like you can cross one boundary or the other, but not both.

I know one.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Don's secretly been spending all his offtime browsing SA.

Wonder if saying the dude's the sort that give white people a reputation for whinging about how the boot on other people's neck fits them poorly is worth a tenner.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

xthetenth posted:

Looks like it.

It's okay though, when mods wake up and start processing the toxx bans most of the D&D posters are gonna lose their avatar/titles anyways!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
FYI conservative posters now feel bold enough to just straight up use racial slurs now so be prepared for that. :smith:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

FYI conservative posters now feel bold enough to just straight up use racial slurs now so be prepared for that. :smith:

He got a 31 day probie, thankfully.

EDIT: Well the one I know about, there could be more. gently caress that it's come to this, though.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Shortest Path posted:

He got a 31 day probie, thankfully.

My point was more so that it's going to happen now. The MAGA people are all out of the woodwork here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I know "please report" isn't a great response, but I'm serious when I say that threads are moving super fast right now. Please PM someone, or multiple someones, and report as well, or w/e. Just give the mod/admin team a heads-up, otherwise we will not be able to keep up with them.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

I know "please report" isn't a great response, but I'm serious when I say that threads are moving super fast right now. Please PM someone, or multiple someones, and report as well, or w/e. Just give the mod/admin team a heads-up, otherwise we will not be able to keep up with them.

Might as well ask you this here: If you get the "this thread has recently been reported" message, does that mean what it says or does it mean that the *post* has recently been reported? That's always confused me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Honestly I don't know if it's something moderation can fix any more. :smith:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FactsAreUseless posted:

I sent exmarx a message on slack and I posted in a QCS thread but I don't have PMs. I was going to buy them after the election but that's now my don't get banned money. :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

botany posted:

Might as well ask you this here: If you get the "this thread has recently been reported" message, does that mean what it says or does it mean that the *post* has recently been reported? That's always confused me.
It's the post. That message is wildly dated and for some reason has never been changed. The report system - hell, the moderation system as a whole - is a patchwork of barely-functioning code that Radium tacked onto vBulletin and that ZDR has desperately tried to stop from collapsing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I sent exmarx a message on slack
I didn't even know this was a thing.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Honestly I don't know if it's something moderation can fix any more. :smith:

Vote me as your black vigilante IK and I will make these forums great again.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's the post. That message is wildly dated and for some reason has never been changed. The report system - hell, the moderation system as a whole - is a patchwork of barely-functioning code that Radium tacked onto vBulletin and that ZDR has desperately tried to stop from collapsing.

I see, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

I sent exmarx a message on slack and I posted in a QCS thread but I don't have PMs. I was going to buy them after the election but that's now my don't get banned money. :(

Same name on steam skype and discord and no problems being a slush fund for good posters, just in case.

• Locked thread