Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
White women are loving retards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You can't always get what you want

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

perhaps... they do want their pussies grabbed...

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pook Good Mook posted:

I don't think they'll go that far. Obama still won on a platform of logical governance that was accessible to concerns but also socially progressive. Clinton went hard in on social progressivism without ever really hitting the economic consequences of her plan for white rurals.

Never forget, Obama would have CRUSHED Donald Trump based on the state/county votes. Obviously he's "cool." But Hillary's losses in the midwest rural counties that Obama won is staggering. This was a failure of the candidate, not a strength of Trump or an acceptance of social conservatism.

I said it last page, but don't sleep on Cory Booker or Kamela Harris. I'm a lowly internet poster and even I can read vote results enough to know that this election was a failure in the base. If you look at the rust belt Trump's vote is BARELY above Romney's. He didn't introduce new voters, Hillary discouraged Democrats. In a perfect world she should have spent a whole month on the message of why her economic plan was good and Trump's is nonsense (or a good, non-baggage carrying candidate with the same platform would have). The Dems are never going to get a Trump voter to vote for them and the vote totals should tell them they don't need to.
Please understand this. The democratic party feeling like they need to appeal to Trump voters is a loving farce. They ran a poor candidate while saying "lol we got this" and their party didn't turn out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pook Good Mook posted:

I don't think they'll go that far. Obama still won on a platform of logical governance that was accessible to concerns but also socially progressive. Clinton went hard in on social progressivism without ever really hitting the economic consequences of her plan for white rurals.

Never forget, Obama would have CRUSHED Donald Trump based on the state/county votes. Obviously he's "cool." But Hillary's losses in the midwest rural counties that Obama won is staggering. This was a failure of the candidate, not a strength of Trump or an acceptance of social conservatism.

Obama hadn't accomplished anything in maybe six years, not that people could readily identify.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Not her per se, but what she represented. "Ugly women who are mad that they're ugly."

Go die

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i think the best part about a trump presidency though, is i bet he thinks that this might finally get him some respect amongst rich people. it's suuuuper not gonna like whats gonna happen when the cool kids ex presidents club just tells him to gently caress off and go away like what hap[pened with nixon. Im imagining other world leaders being all like haaahaaa yess welcome im gonna go r kelly a lil girl and ur not invited just like before go away trump

and trump be all like >_<

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Lawman 0 posted:

What's the Senate count again?
52-48. (Technically 51-48 until the Louisiana runoff, but I doubt that's gonna have a surprising result).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Apraxin posted:

gently caress me, looks like Maggie Hassan took out Ayotte right at the death. 100% counted and she has a 600 vote lead.

So it's 50-51?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The EC is poo poo and that the Dems never made serious efforts to kill it is loving insanity.

Pook Good Mook posted:

I agree with this. Putting aside Hillary's shittiness, Trump's win is held together with bailing wire. He got less votes than Romney. He barely won the rustbelt states he did win, and even Bush was in the toilet after 9 months until 9/11. People want change but they aren't SO stupid that they'll ignore everything.

Of course, that's predicated on the Dems not nominating a moron in 4 years. If there's a silver lining to the loss it's that the Clinton's are decidedly out from being the king-makers in the party apparatus. Don't sleep on Cory Booker or Kamela Harris. And don't forget, the Obamas are YOUNG. They aren't Jimmy Carter, or Bill Clinton who, even when effective, always carried baggage. The Obamas are ridiculously popular for a two term Presidential couple and if things work out in 4 years like I expect they will, it will be the Obamas who will have the most sway picking the next candidate. AND they'll probably handpick or strongly suggest a campaign manager that brings back the 50-state strategy of a rising tide lifts all boats (and therefore, incidentally, minorities).

Trump is going to claim a mandate, but this is a ridiculously weak win.

Corey Booker is an empty suit and a 'nice guy' so if he's the best the Dems could do in 4-8 years the Dems are probably hosed unless there's just massive anti-GOP outrage voting.

iospace posted:

So here's to hoping for another Stevens or Souter on the court.

Trump's nominee list is curated by groups like Heritage so good luck with that.

Schnorkles posted:

^ This is basically word for word what got said in 2004.

If I could be assured Trump is only going to be as bad as Bush's 2nd term I'd be beside myself with joy right now. The party's so far right from 12 years ago that it's mind-blowing. The party's also way more angry due to things like DADT being gone and SSM being legal for now.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
I'm feeling pretty bad today. Went to bed with anxiety and woke up with anxiety. I guess it's time to invest in gold for when the dollar collapses.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pomp posted:

Go die

The quote marks are to indicate the branding that assholes gave to it, not what it really was.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Covok posted:

This time, it's true. America will now be the right-wing bog that Europe makes fun of forever.

For the next 2 years before Le Pen and the far right takes over as well more likely

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Mike the TV posted:

white women are the most conservative group in the entire country, so this is no surprise.

is Trump Conservative? I suppose he is now. I don't think he'd have flown as the figurehead of conservatives 20 years ago. How times do change

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

eightpole posted:

When they were interviewing women at the Trump rally last night and asked "why do you support Trump after his derogatory attitude towards women?" the wheels started turning and they essentially said "lol he tells it like it is, it's nothing worse than I hear at work all the time" and that's when my TV and living room went fuzzy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/796380989618528256

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

If this is accurate it throws the identity politics strategy right out the loving window

The Clinton campaign hung their mantle on convincing women to hate Trump for his repeated explicit misogyny

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Pick posted:

Honestly, if anything foretold this, it's what happened when GBS removed most of the rules. It went from boring news stories and etc to people revealing that no, actually, they are not big fans of [insert group here].

I don't know how to feel that my now-infamous, lovely, post-suicidal GBS 2.0 rant has become more and more a portent of the terrifying future.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trump outperforming Romney with Latinos is the thing that is most surprising to me - I was convinced that he would do even worse than the polls indicated with them. I mean say what you will about identity politics, but I don't know how his campaign could have been more hostile towards that group.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

eightpole posted:

Overall, yeah, we kind of are. But more than that, white women are excellently conditioned for FYGM.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

gently caress hamilton

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

Perhaps our new Republican overlords will be kind and loving

They're already holding parades!

https://twitter.com/kelbi1lewis/status/796341784448208896

:smith:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Shut the gently caress up about identity politics, Hillary. You didn't lose because you're a woman. You lost because you are a poo poo person and a poo poo candidate.

There will never not be a reason that white men are really to blame for all of this.

If you are a minority, blame it on white men.

If you are a white man, blame it on minorities.

Rinse, repeat. Occasionally blame the government if your side isnt in charge.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
man after 8 years of shrill left-liberal identity politics i can't wait for 8 years of shrill right-liberal identity politics

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

ZHamburglar posted:

I'm feeling pretty bad today. Went to bed with anxiety and woke up with anxiety. I guess it's time to invest in gold for when the dollar collapses.

Ammo will be more useful as currency, better stock up.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Covok posted:

That's the reality. Democrats lost one against lost because they don't show up.

Godinster posted:

Because their candidate was loving trash garbage

I never thought I'd say this but I actually think you guys are being too hard on Hillary. The only Dem that has proven to be able to get good turnout is Obama, perhaps his success in 2008 and 2012 masked just how unpopular Dems are overall. I do think we could have chosen a better candidate than Hillary but there's no guarantee they'd be able to get Dems to the polls like Obama did.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Covok posted:

This time, it's true. America will now be the right-wing bog that Europe makes fun of forever.

Why would we make fun of you?

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

resar posted:

man after 8 years of shrill left-liberal identity politics i can't wait for 8 years of shrill right-liberal identity politics

There hasn't been left politics in the US since Jimmy Carter

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blitz7x posted:

When they were interviewing women at the Trump rally last night and asked "why do you support Trump after his derogatory attitude towards women?" the wheels started turning and they essentially said "lol he tells it like it is, it's nothing worse than I hear at work all the time" and that's when my TV and living room went fuzzy

That's how we're told to express it, here's the real sentiment: "I'm not going to be in the same room as him, and I really don't care if other women are raped. If I did I could have flexed electoral muscle about it long before now."

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Constant Hamprince posted:

what's really important now is to find out who to blame for all this

my suggestion: bill kristol

we should have known what would happen when he said hillary was gonna win

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Schnorkles posted:

If you care about the direction of the democratic party, now is the best time possible to get involved~

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I felt like the goddamn world was going to end in 2004. I was sick with anxiety for days and gave myself an ulcer.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Mister Fister posted:

Doubt it. Thanks to the wikileaks leaks about the DNC (and also what DWS openly did against Bernie), progressives are super pissed at the Clinton machine and everyone associated with it. Also they're not just going to roll over and give the progressive wing of the democratic party the keys to the castle. There's too much corporate money invested to let that happen.

You could say that after this failure that it's finally.... their turn

:ironicat:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

CheesyDog posted:

Trump outperforming Romney with Latinos is the thing that is most surprising to me - I was convinced that he would do even worse than the polls indicated with them. I mean say what you will about identity politics, but I don't know how his campaign could have been more hostile towards that group.

latinos hate other latinos.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
All the pro-clintonites trying to find a spin for losing so hard to an orange clown that he earned more minority votes than the last tire fire should just accept the moderator olive branch that allows them to post despite taking an extremely stupid toxx and vacate the thread

this goes double for any if them still trying to be Grizzled Vote Veteran telling young voters how politics iz, after being wrong in every possible way

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

I never thought I'd say this but I actually think you guys are being too hard on Hillary. The only Dem that has proven to be able to get good turnout is Obama, perhaps his success in 2008 and 2012 masked just how unpopular Dems are overall.

That's total bs man. All of the Democrats' positions are popular. Bernie's positions on health care, trade, fixing the rigged economy etc all poll extraordinarily well with the electorate.

The issue was not the people or the base, it was the woman at the head of the ticket and the establishment she represented to people who wanted to throw a brick through their window. Obama was fairly establishment by 2012 but his saving grace was that there was no anger towards the establishment like there is now and he also did a fairly good job of representing himself as not establishment.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CheesyDog posted:

Latinos, much like other groups, isn't a single people. Go to a Mexican migrant working town and ask them how they feel about Hondurans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Apraxin posted:

52-48. (Technically 51-48 until the Louisiana runoff, but I doubt that's gonna have a surprising result).

If Chuck Schumer isn't planning to invoke cloture on every loving thing that comes before the body he's a goddamn moron. Some of the administrative stuff that the Executive branch passed under Obama is gone (or will at least be up to the courts once Trump-lackey led rule-making runs its course). The Senate can still save Obamacare, the tax code, certain social programs. You still need 60 votes to get any federal judges elected. Let Trump and his incompetent administration go hard right and get people pissed off (don't forget, 2/3's of Americans are totally fine with gay marriage, women in military, trans rights, etc). Senate dems need to hold the line.

• Locked thread