Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Super excited to see the Clinton Foundation torn apart while Trump University gets rebooted over the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Not a Step posted:

Obama came through his eight years with no personal scandals that I can recall, which is loving amazing.

They, and everyone else, needs to learn that shame is a completely ineffective tool for accomplishing anything beyond wrecking one or two people's lives at a time.

sure and they're gonna shift hard right which is what I was hinting at and the left in the US will be dead for another 100 years

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Squizzle posted:

hey guys us there any way we could relitigate the primaries

because that would super own!!!!!!!!

quoting from pages back

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

So here's to hoping for another Stevens or Souter on the court.
It's going to be Scalia's as far as the eye can see

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
anybody know a good sculpter? im planning on commissioning a trump statue to make sacrifices to.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The reality is the future of America is a rich boot stomping on a human face for all of time.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Shut the gently caress up about identity politics, Hillary. You didn't lose because you're a woman. You lost because you are a poo poo person and a poo poo candidate.

ya whats with black ppl anyways i dont understand why they gotta b black and not white, whats ur deal black people

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good to see the democrats hatred of poor people finally bite them in the rear end in a top hat

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

the Trump vote demo breakdown is mind boggling. More Latinos than Romney, outperforms Hillary with white women.

Do you have a link?

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Not a Step posted:

Obama came through his eight years with no personal scandals that I can recall, which is loving amazing.

They, and everyone else, needs to learn that shame is a completely ineffective tool for accomplishing anything beyond wrecking one or two people's lives at a time.

b-b-b-but no war but the identity war. Anyone who who has the nerve to disagree with me is a racist homophobic misogynist!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, if anything this was Identity Politics: The Election, because facts and specific policies did not matter at all.

The Lena Dunham, Hamilton, Laverne Cox stuff might have been great from the far-left point of view, but it's not even genuinely popular here, among an overall educated contingent of largely left-wingers. It was virtue signaling but no one really wanted it as much as they pretended they did.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Starting in January, Donald Trump is the President of the United States.

Say that 3 times without wincing.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
what's really important now is to find out who to blame for all this

my suggestion: bill kristol

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Perhaps our new Republican overlords will be kind and loving

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Admiral Ray posted:

If anyone sincerely thinks the presidency isn't about identity politics and feelings they are fundamentally mistaken. Clinton just chose/is the wrong ones.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

the Trump vote demo breakdown is mind boggling. More Latinos than Romney, outperforms Hillary with white women.

????? ?? ??? ?

???????????????????

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Yeah, if anything this was Identity Politics: The Election, because facts and specific policies did not matter at all.

The Lena Dunham, Hamilton, Laverne Cox stuff might have been great from the far-left point of view, but it's not even genuinely popular here, among an overall educated contingent of largely left-wingers. It was virtue signaling but no one really wanted it as much as they pretended they did.

Lena Dunham is destroyed

Long Live Issa Rae

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Covok posted:

They will never do so. They can ALWAYS blame someone else and never, ever learn. This country belongs to the republicans now and that will NEVER change. Democrats will FOREVER be irrelevant. This is the end of liberalism in America for all time and that is reality.

Y'all living in denial. It's astounding.

^ This is basically word for word what got said in 2004.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Pick posted:

loving lol if you think Dunham is far-left.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Constant Hamprince posted:

what's really important now is to find out who to blame for all this

my suggestion: bill kristol

good choice

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
gently caress me, looks like Maggie Hassan took out Ayotte right at the death. 100% counted and she has a 600 vote lead.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pead posted:

It's going to be Scalia's as far as the eye can see

That's what they said about Souter and look what happened.

orange sky posted:

Starting in January, Donald Trump is the President of the United States.

Say that 3 times without wincing.

Can't even think it without wincing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Honestly, if anything foretold this, it's what happened when GBS removed most of the rules. It went from boring news stories and etc to people revealing that no, actually, they are not big fans of [insert group here].

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Phi230 posted:

sure and they're gonna shift hard right which is what I was hinting at and the left in the US will be dead for another 100 years

There are no more votes to get on the left, while the Democrats could try to add college educated whites to their coalition. Trump may have held on to them, but that's the only demographic where the Democrats have room to expand. Doing so will require shifting far to the right, but it's the only rational move to make.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot take time:

Trump will be a one term president, but only because he doesn't run in 2020. Pence will though.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
i had a dream last night that the smart people left to form their own island country and take back the world, one region at a time, getting ready for the final battle against america

we developed force fields and plasma weapons, basically it was xcom without the aliens

then i woke up and realized lol nothing matetrs

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
PROOF kek is stronger than Satan

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Pick posted:

I think that the Democrats are going to reform around almost the opposite of the Republican 2012 autopsy report. I think that the Democrats are going to choose a few contingents that we're not worth the effort and not worth the support and plug them under the bus, and then re-appeal to those were a white voters by appearing Chastened and saying that, for example, trans people will not be allowed in bathrooms or somesuch

I don't think they'll go that far. Obama still won on a platform of logical governance that was accessible to concerns but also socially progressive. Clinton went hard in on social progressivism without ever really hitting the economic consequences of her plan for white rurals.

Never forget, Obama would have CRUSHED Donald Trump based on the state/county votes. Obviously he's "cool." But Hillary's losses in the midwest rural counties that Obama won is staggering. This was a failure of the candidate, not a strength of Trump or an acceptance of social conservatism.

ShutteredIn posted:

The DNC is gonna swing hard to the right. That's the only path they'll see.

I said it last page, but don't sleep on Cory Booker or Kamela Harris. I'm a lowly internet poster and even I can read vote results enough to know that this election was a failure in the base. If you look at the rust belt Trump's vote is BARELY above Romney's. He didn't introduce new voters, Hillary discouraged Democrats. In a perfect world she should have spent a whole month on the message of why her economic plan was good and Trump's is nonsense (or a good, non-baggage carrying candidate with the same platform would have). The Dems are never going to get a Trump voter to vote for them and the vote totals should tell them they don't need to.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

resar posted:

loving lol if you think Dunham is far-left.

Not her per se, but what she represented. "Ugly women who are mad that they're ugly."

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

What's the Senate count again?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

imagine a paid clintonite openly mocking a poor white person for feeling alienated, forever. thats this election, thats the DNC

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

Honestly, if anything foretold this, it's what happened when GBS removed most of the rules. It went from boring news stories and etc to people revealing that no, actually, they are not big fans of [insert group here].

Well yeah a lot of this election on the Republican side was "people are too Politically Correct" when in reality it was "I want to say whatever the gently caress I want regarding those niggers, spics, fags". And people were quite open about it too. Most Twitter threads I saw today had some racial slurs and outright hate speech coming from Trump supporters.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Megasabin posted:

Do you have a link?

https://twitter.com/iD4RO/status/796267708430118912

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lawman 0 posted:

What's the Senate count again?

:rip:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Schnorkles posted:

^ This is basically word for word what got said in 2004.

This time, it's true. America will now be the right-wing bog that Europe makes fun of forever.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

white women are the most conservative group in the entire country, so this is no surprise.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Covok posted:

This time, it's true. America will now be the right-wing bog that Europe makes fun of forever.

hasn't it always been though?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TyrantWD posted:

There are no more votes to get on the left, while the Democrats could try to add college educated whites to their coalition. Trump may have held on to them, but that's the only demographic where the Democrats have room to expand. Doing so will require shifting far to the right, but it's the only rational move to make.

If the democrats have to shift far right to stay viable then the human race deserves the nuclear Trump fire

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Covok posted:

their turn is coming

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think it's because I'm tired but things keep popping into my head

Luxurious

Trump Steaks

The Art of The Deal

Chy-na

We're going to Make America Great Again!!!!

LAW and ORDER

Trust me folks, it's gonna be great

an image of a boot grinding a human face into the sidewalk

I've got the best plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*screaming at television* you didnt lose because youre a woman you lost because you're a stupid bitch!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread