Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

joseph is old. tonio's stand doesn't magically make someone not-old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's nothing wrong with Joseph, he was just playing a trick on yooooooou

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Johnny Joestar posted:

joseph is old. tonio's stand doesn't magically make someone not-old.

That's what Sethan is for.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't think i can even count the amount of times i've seen people say that joseph getting old is a 'plot hole' or that he's secretly fooling everyone because ???

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't think i can even count the amount of times i've seen people say that joseph getting old is a 'plot hole' or that he's secretly fooling everyone because ???

Well you see, Joseph was an avid and diligent practitioner of Hamon, therefore,

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

like, there's actual plot holes in jojo. people haven't even reached the vast majority of them yet in the series (part 5 is wild as gently caress). the weird denial about joseph always baffles the hell out of me.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Johnny Joestar posted:

I believe he's playing up the senility because that's a very Joseph thing to do

It's not a plothole or something that needs explaining, though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

like, there's actual plot holes in jojo. people haven't even reached the vast majority of them yet in the series (part 5 is wild as gently caress). the weird denial about joseph always baffles the hell out of me.

If it helps, I was not being entirely serious.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Waffleman_ posted:

If it helps, I was not being entirely serious.

i figured you were joking, it just reminded me of that whole thing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This is your JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO

This is your JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO on hamon

See the difference?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Actually Jonathan had that beautiful body before he ever learned of Hamon

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've seen people say that Araki making Joseph old is abusive and manipulative to JoJo fans

Joseph is old and going to die and I'm ready for it

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx

https://twitter.com/dril/status/795678236323840000

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kira on dates is me at parties.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
"Is kind and polite to everyone"

how are people NOT rooting for Kira

also everytime I see this, I have to remind myself to check out The Remains Of The Day

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
"When executing his crimes, he likes to chat with the woman he targets, asking her things like her name, hobbies, etc."

This is why he blurts out his name and job to anyone who'll listen. He's showing the same courtesy he expects from others.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah one of Kira's comments to Koichi is that Koichi could at least show him some respect given that Kira has been nothing but cordial.

Koichi's the offender here, trapping his Sheer Heart Attack and making him walk back with a heavy hand while Kira remains polite all the while. Hell, go rewind the tape, Koichi goes in at Kira first before Kira even has Killer Queen out, what a rude lovely boy

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx

Moltrey posted:

also everytime I see this, I have to remind myself to check out The Remains Of The Day

Never seen the movie, but the book's pretty good. It's about a butler whose boss gets uncomfortably chummy with fascist sympathizers in the run-up to World War 2, and how his laser-focused commitment to a flawed notion of what it means to be a dignified butler leads him to ignore the political and personal crises buffeting his life. I'm not sure why in particular it would appeal to Kira, though. Perhaps because both he and Stevens are compartmentalized to an unhealthy degree?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Neat, I might check out the book then! Part of me wonders if it's even supposed to tie into Kira in some way or it's just A Fun Kira Fact. Like some Patrick Bateman rambling about his pedestrian music tastes poo poo

if anything Araki probably liked it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

Kira on dates is me at parties.

:yeah:

It's concerning that I can relate to a serial killer with a hand fetish.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
His commitment to his 11pm bedtime is admirable. We could all learn something from Kira.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol that you all can't relate to kira all the time because you aren't kind, intelligent, serial killers, attractive to women and want a quiet life like me

truly a much more interesting villain than Dio/Kars/DIO

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

grancheater posted:

Crazy Diamond has already fixed Superfly user's piss and poo poo.

Does....does that mean the components went back to their source!? :gonk:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Moltrey posted:

I've seen people say that Araki making Joseph old is abusive and manipulative to JoJo fans

Joseph is old and going to die and I'm ready for it

"character assassination"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are there any Dio = Trump memes floating around somewhere? I need something to lighten my spirits after last night.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
He dropped the steam roller on america

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

They're both ridiculously evil to a comical degree.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Jojo is very good and cannot be tarnished by the election results. Jojo represents everything pure and right and cool. It's something we can all cling onto for HOPE.

God Bless Jojo. May your Beautiful Stand watch over us during the next 4 years. :911:

spit on my clit posted:

He dropped the steam roller on america

Okay, that was pretty funny.

What would Donald's Stand be? I think it would materialize in the form of a Wall.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 9, 2016

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Imagine if Dio had a change of heart and the rest of JoJos Bizzare adventure turned out to be a manga about rugby.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

track day bro! posted:

Imagine if Dio had a change of heart and the rest of JoJos Bizzare adventure turned out to be a manga about rugby.

It would just be a period-piece version of ALL OUT, which rules.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Jedah posted:

Jojo is very good and cannot be tarnished by the election results. Jojo represents everything pure and right and cool. It's something we can all cling onto for HOPE.

God Bless Jojo. May your Beautiful Stand watch over us during the next 4 years. :911:

Okay, that was pretty funny.

What would Donald's Stand be? I think it would materialize in the form of a Wall.

It's just The Wall, as in, Another Brick In The Wall. It gives him the power to be unstumpable.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Remember Dio's Steam summer sale? I hope we get Yoshikage Kira as trump blowing up democrat hopes and dreams as Shigechi.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Jedah posted:

quote:

The Wall (Pink Floyd) is a short range support stand that focuses on defending its user and their allies by being a giant, durable wall. It forms itself out of the nearest wall, and remembers the last material it formed out of in case there is no wall present.

The Stand has incredibly high durability, making it nearly invincible. However, it is very slow and works only in close range. It has okay power and precision to make up for these weaknesses.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

hoobajoo posted:

It's just The Wall, as in, Another Brick In The Wall. It gives him the power to be unstumpable.

source

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Just popping in to say the Interception track from the OST feels terrific every time it shows up

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

hoobajoo posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I guess its stand rush is MAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGA

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Two Thousand Sixteen,
Bizarre Autumn

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The whole year has been hosed up.
gently caress 2016 really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HEY GUYS IT'S ANOTHER PREVIEW VIDEO FOR THE NEXT EPISODE TOMORROW, HAVE A GOOD DAY AND ENJOY YOURSELVES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tNy41p6PhU

ALSO GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

• Locked thread