Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Colonel Corazon posted:

Its not over. If we can unite for this cause then there are many more we can fight for together.

Absolutely. Reviewing this thread last night is what turned my attitude back around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
$25 bux well donated

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Well, this sucks. Donated $10 USD.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'll donate more in a week when a new pay period starts on my credit card.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Pitched in 10 bucks, I'd do more but I'm a poor :(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
this is why you dont :toxx:

at least my money is going somewhere cool

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

well my original intention was to do this in celebration but i guess now its more just a small way to say gently caress trump

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

In for $25. I was planning to donate today regardless of the election results.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

+$30

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
Thanks everyone for doing this. It makes me feel better.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Put me down for $50.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RAINN definitely needs money more than ever. Christ alive.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
+10 from me for now, possibly more later

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm in for 25 . We need good in the world now more then ever.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

$10 for non-perma ban

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Another :10bux:

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Here's another 50 from me.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

well my original intention was to do this in celebration but i guess now its more just a small way to say gently caress trump

gently caress TRUMP and I hope we can get 45k more to spite that fucker.

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx
$10

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

$15

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

:10bux: for toxx evasion

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Donated $100 with a $100 match from my employer.

Might as well ask this here: are there other threads on here with suggestions on what someone like me -- a progressive with a whole lot of privilege who is (somewhat ashamed to say) minimally politically active -- can do to support the fight for civil rights, environmental protections and other progressive causes? Donating to charity is great and I'm certainly open to supporting causes with my wallet, but I'm also just a bit clueless in other ways I can contribute my time/money/energy to make a difference.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
$1000

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
$15

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Donated $25. It makes me happy to donate with how terrible everything else is.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Another $10.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Another $10 from the Hillary Toxx Squad.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Have another $25.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Might as well ask this here: are there other threads on here with suggestions on what someone like me -- a progressive with a whole lot of privilege who is (somewhat ashamed to say) minimally politically active -- can do to support the fight for civil rights, environmental protections and other progressive causes? Donating to charity is great and I'm certainly open to supporting causes with my wallet, but I'm also just a bit clueless in other ways I can contribute my time/money/energy to make a difference.

Here are a few suggestions (Yes, it's from Huffpost, but all of these options are legit): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/if-youre-overwhelmed-by-the-election-heres-what-you-can-do-now_us_5822c7d0e4b0e80b02cdf133

If you belong to a local church, they probably have a few suggestions too.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

resurgam40 posted:

Here are a few suggestions (Yes, it's from Huffpost, but all of these options are legit): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/if-youre-overwhelmed-by-the-election-heres-what-you-can-do-now_us_5822c7d0e4b0e80b02cdf133

If you belong to a local church, they probably have a few suggestions too.

thank you :shobon:

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

Donated last night when I felt helpless to do anything else. Still not sure what else to do.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My donation for toxx repentance:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

New Donation, toxx repentance edition:

SirPhoebos has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Nov 9, 2016

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

$20 more on the pile, I hate to say it but these folks are going to need it. :smith:

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Well that's a way to end my sassafrass career in shitposting on C-SPAM. What am I gonna use this account for now? :(

Who knows, I got 4 years of a Trump presidency and my own planned immigration to that dumpster fire to sass about now.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
Didn't toxx, but I strongly considered it, so in honor of that, tack on another 25 bucks from me.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

When im less emotionally burnt out I'd be happy to make an activism thread in a day or so with a list of good causes and a poo poo ton of ways to get involved. Ive got some resources saved from my own personal experiences. Lemme know if theres any interest in that and if theres any suggestions on who to highlight (SPLC is at the top of my list). Id be happy to work on researching local orgs too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Colonel Corazon posted:

When im less emotionally burnt out I'd be happy to make an activism thread in a day or so with a list of good causes and a poo poo ton of ways to get involved. Ive got some resources saved from my own personal experiences. Lemme know if theres any interest in that and if theres any suggestions on who to highlight (SPLC is at the top of my list). Id be happy to work on researching local orgs too

Definitely interested

Edit: I'll also update the total/tallies later tonight

• Locked thread