Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Khablam posted:

Gutierrez finally not finishing 11th at something

Wow. #punching, as I believe young people say these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
da gently caress is punching

George Zimmer posted:

Past events have indicated that the Germans have a penchant for burning people.

I knew a german. He burned a people.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

nsaP posted:

da gently caress is punching

I knew a german. He burned a people.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=punching

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Americans say outkicking his coverage.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's from 2006 those kids are adults

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gutierrez must be a 'millionaire race car driver' in the sack if you catch my drift

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

So he bitches a lot and can't perform well without a team radio?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

SPACE HOMOS posted:

So he bitches a lot and can't perform well without a team radio?

Sounds like a C.W joke in the making.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"I don't have any frustration with him,” said Massa of Alonso. “He always treated me very well when we're not in the car.

“In front of me he was always nice. It's true that sometimes behind me, he was very different from what he was in front of me.”

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This website says that Liberty is going to launch a F1 streaming service and probably talk about it at their meeting tomorrow:

http://deadline.com/2016/11/liberty-media-launch-streaming-service-formula-one-racing-1201850657/

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Renault apparently keeping Palmer for 2017:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/palmer-secures-second-renault-f1-seat-for-2017-847909/

:geno:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lmao.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Of course they are. Daddy is now the only one with a bid in for Silverstone. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/11/07/silverstone-bidders-reverse-out-of-talks-about-buying-the-racetr/

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This website says that Liberty is going to launch a F1 streaming service and probably talk about it at their meeting tomorrow:

http://deadline.com/2016/11/liberty-media-launch-streaming-service-formula-one-racing-1201850657/

This could be good. Would they have their own commentary, or would it be negotiated with C4/Sky? Not sure how this stuff works with the MotoGP streaming or whatever.

If it's not ultra-expensive and there are no commercials and they have legacy stuff I'm in.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Magnussen to...nowhere? Even the best IndyCar seats are spoken for. Maybe LMP2 in WEC?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Magnussen to Haas is the rumour in that article

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Guess Gene doesn't need Esteban's money.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

George Zimmer posted:

Magnussen to...nowhere? Even the best IndyCar seats are spoken for. Maybe LMP2 in WEC?

Well, KV (if it still exists) has no driver.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
From what I understand, unless Carlin steps up, there will not be a KV.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I love how Renault has pretty much knocked on every door up and down the pitlane and got nobody they actually wanted. Not the most encouraging start to their second year back as a team.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Khablam posted:

Gutierrez finally not finishing 11th at something

He finishes way ahead of Kimi in the wedding photo department. Less robotic, no his & hers hover hands... a cool and good pic.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

thrilled to see two of the most useless drivers on the grid sticking around for 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

thrilled to see two of the most useless drivers on the grid sticking around for 2017

And even worse, they'll probably finish 1-2 in the WDC again :downsrim:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Sauber re-signed both their drivers?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This season is going to be so god drat rookietastic. Still six seats up for grabs.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

We've got to put up with Palmer for another season? For fucks sake, worst sport ever.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I genuinely am thinking of taking a year off watching F1 in 2017. I'm not enjoying it as much as the time I put into it. Highlight videos, maybe. If it turns out to be a good season, one of you remember me and drop me a PM, yeah?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
We have to put up with shitturds like Palmer, Magnussen, Nasr, etc while a proven race winner like Pastor has to sit on the sidelines, life isn't fair.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

enri posted:

We've got to put up with Palmer for another season? For fucks sake, worst sport ever.

Palemr appears on screen for maybe 10 seconds per race whilst being lapped or sliding off track whilst fighting for 16th place so this isn't really a great hardship.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Sauber re-signed both their drivers?

It's amazing how easily I forget Sauber is even on the grid anymore. They by far get the least amount of TV time. Even last year's Manor team got spoken of more and they shouldn't have had that car in a race. Sauber is no where near that bad, they are just kind of there.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

We have to put up with shitturds like Palmer, Magnussen, Nasr, etc while a proven race winner like Pastor has to sit on the sidelines, life isn't fair.

Nasr looked fine until this year. I dunno what happened.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Palemr appears on screen for maybe 10 seconds per race whilst being lapped or sliding off track whilst fighting for 16th place so this isn't really a great hardship.

I take it you don't watch sky's coverage then

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

simplefish posted:

I genuinely am thinking of taking a year off watching F1 in 2017. I'm not enjoying it as much as the time I put into it. Highlight videos, maybe. If it turns out to be a good season, one of you remember me and drop me a PM, yeah?

You're not interested in the new car designs? I'm looking forward to that.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

simplefish posted:

F1 has never been better, the only thing missing is actual fistfights.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

New cars, fat tires, and crazy aero.

At least watch the first race to see if it's going to go anywhere.

Whitey Ford posted:

Rosberg could still steal the title by hitting Hamilton in the first corner. Don't count your chickens.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Whitey Ford posted:

This season? I don't think so.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Like it's better than 2015, which had maybe 3 good races.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/whiting-joins-f1-drivers-press-call-to-discuss-mexico-fallout-848011/

Strap yourselves in boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Powershift posted:

Rosberg could still steal the title by hitting Hamilton in the first corner. Don't count your chickens.
You mean...just like Senna? That would be poetic for Hamilton.

• Locked thread