Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Can I get an invite to the Slack please? doggnamn at hotmail dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
also requesting a slack invite. I already pm'd Bulbasaur but my pleas have gone unheard =(

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

ijyt posted:

Would having veteran teams with combi flamers and heavy flamers be redundant? While also running pyroclasts? :kimchi:

I recently went up against a 10 man blob of pyroclasts running down field with a 10 man blob of support tacticals with flamers, both with apothecaries. It was gross.

If both of their transports didn't bottom out on a hill on the top of turn 1, it would have been even grosser.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Xpost from painting thread

The Sisko posted:

Just thought I'd post some WIPs of some Custodes I have been working on this week. It's been nice to actually paint again after being sick for two weeks and being up to my eyeballs in school work.

Ps. Lightning effects are rad ! :science:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Hams, rule question.

Legion Seekers are BS5.

Until tonight I thought the Imperial Fists rules gave them BS5 with bolters. It doesn't, it gives you +1 BS with all bolt weapons.

Seekers are BS6 then, right? They're still firing their bolters even when using the special issue ammunition.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Yup, that should work. Post edited because apparently I was looking at the wrong page.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 10, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

PantsOptional posted:

Legion Seekers are BS4, not 5. Legiones Astartes (IF) should still bump them to 5, though.

They're BS5 in the new red books.

EDIT: also just realised there is a rapid fire small blast ammunition type. No scatter at all. No point even rolling.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 11, 2016

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
I thought blasts scatter 2d6 -BS.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
In my excitement I hosed h scatter rules up, you're right

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

"In my excitement I hosed up x rule" describes the majority of my games.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've ordered 20 drum mags and sniper scopes from Anvil Industry to slap on to BAC Mk4 mans. :getin:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

I've ordered 20 drum mags and sniper scopes from Anvil Industry to slap on to BAC Mk4 mans. :getin:

For seekers or just because your mans are ice cold high speed low drag tactical operators?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

tallkidwithglasses posted:

For seekers or just because your mans are ice cold high speed low drag tactical operators?

Just to differentiate the seekers from everything else. The FW ones have tacticool bolters and this was half the price.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I really love their drum mags on my MK3 dudes:

I originally also had box mags, but the drums are just better looking

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Your Iron Warriors are the best BULBASAUR. :blush:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Last piece of 30k advice I'll ask for (for a while anyway): How do you resist the urge to jump Legions every other day? I keep staring at that gray plastic, wondering if Death Guard is the right choice...

Also- Last time I'll mention this in the thread, I have some Prospero Custodes and Sisters of Silence up for sale/trade (Based out of US). Due to a packing error by GW, I have 3 squads of Custodes and 2 squads of Sisters remaining. Anyone interested feel free to send me an e-mail at thenextgreenlantern@gmail.com

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Never had the urge to jump legions. I played 1k sons since 3rd edition (mind you I took a break between 4.5-6) and never looked back.

Totally never pondered Iron Hands. Nope.

e: May be interested in the Custodes, also your BoP game board f you want to dispose of it. I'll shoot you an email.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Thousand Sons and Taghmata. The former is what made me interested in something other than Tyranids, the latter was always a big fascination. 30k gave me both! Or will soon, I've been waiting for since book 1 for TS rules.

The only reason I have no jumped to another legion is because I can't find a combo of color scheme + play style that motivates me more than the two above.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does a single Lightning Claw on a Tartaros say "Blood Angels" to y'all? I want to put something other than bog standard power fists on them and it takes advantage of the BA special rules.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Does that Tartaros also carry a giant fuckoff gatling cannon?

Glibness aside, I don't see why not. Blood Angels are a very much in-your-face Legion, so yeah, go nuts. Pairing the lightning claw with a ranged weapon of some sort also fits the 'we are a flexible melee Legion with a surprisingly solid shooty side, too' line.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Cataphractii are done:

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006
I have finally picked my legion and am going with the world eaters, any ideas on how to get lots of chain axes cheap?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ezekiel_980 posted:

I have finally picked my legion and am going with the world eaters, any ideas on how to get lots of chain axes cheap?

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/The-Armoury/Close-Combat-Weapons/Wargaming-Chain-Axes

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Anyone who had metallic paint jobs done on their men will like the fact that gloss wash does in fact work and look good.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have x15 of these Mars Pattern Heavy Bolter backpacks and their ammo belts:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Mars-Pattern-Heavy-Bolters-Set?_requestid=3771515

Nobody wants to buy them for cheapo on ebay. Anybody want them for free on here? Gun is not included.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
Finally got some time to paint again, which means Glaive progress:

Need a better photography setup.

Weathered the paintwork. Decided not to go with anything flashy on the Carronade.

Next weekend I'm probably gonna break out some enamel paints for more large-scale weathering. And some actual washes to give it more depth.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 14, 2016

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

For those of you who bought the Prospero box, does the booklet clear up the deal with Geigor Fell-Hand at all? Is it just an entirely new character who happens to be unfortunately named very similarly to Bjorn, or something else?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

PantsOptional posted:

For those of you who bought the Prospero box, does the booklet clear up the deal with Geigor Fell-Hand at all? Is it just an entirely new character who happens to be unfortunately named very similarly to Bjorn, or something else?

Um there isn't much. Here, this is all there really is:

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

PantsOptional posted:

I think the implication is that "fell-handed" is a title. The character described in Geigor's bio does not line up with anything we know of pre-Prospero Bjorn.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Yeah. In Wolf King or Vengeful Spirit, Russ remarks that the legion had already started calling Bjorn "Fell-handed", rather than One-handed, which was his name after losing his arm on prospero.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, If you look at BoP's Geigor's fluff. He lost his entire pack to Orks when the Thousand Sons abandoned them to rescue some shiny artifacts nearby.

Whereas canonically Bjorn's pack are killed by a Daemon Prince after Prospero.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Supposedly it was supposed to be Bjorn, but one of the lore guys at Forge World pointed out it would be massively inconsistant with everything that's been written about Bjorn so far, and rather than retcon they invented this Geigor guy.

Still call him Bjorn.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Sucks for Geigor because his opponent is Ahriman and that means he will get his poo poo hosed up sideways.

If it was a known character it might be a bit more intense.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Urgh. I have no loving clue what to do with regards to bases for my wolves. It's gotten to the point where im about ready to just throw them in denatured alcohol and repaint them as SoH.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Well the obvious answer is snow/ice, although making some sort of Prospero-themed bases wouldn't be a bad idea either. Maybe some sort of marble effect?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

nothing but severed heads of thousand sons.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Red martian bases, but instead of mars it's just blood

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

SteelMentor posted:

Supposedly it was supposed to be Bjorn, but one of the lore guys at Forge World pointed out it would be massively inconsistant with everything that's been written about Bjorn so far, and rather than retcon they invented this Geigor guy.

Still call him Bjorn.

It makes a lot of sense, even his claw fingers have the same ornamentation as Bjorn's powerfist fingers.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

PantsOptional posted:

Well the obvious answer is snow/ice, although making some sort of Prospero-themed bases wouldn't be a bad idea either. Maybe some sort of marble effect?

I've been trying to do a marble base effect for a while now with no luck.

I think one problem is that I don't want to do white marble- most of the tables I play on are darker so it'll stand out and draw from the model.

I was thinking black with white and gold veins, but every time I do it just looks like poo poo.

With the BoP set I was considering getting the pre made plasticard with tile 1/4" tiles engraved and have them match the boards that came with the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Aesaar posted:

Finally got some time to paint again, which means Glaive progress:

Need a better photography setup.

Weathered the paintwork. Decided not to go with anything flashy on the Carronade.

Next weekend I'm probably gonna break out some enamel paints for more large-scale weathering. And some actual washes to give it more depth.

That is a super cool camo pattern - is it based on a real life one? Which legion is it going to be for?