Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

my mom "well what are they going to replace it with"

me: "loooooool"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

euphronius posted:

Have they said what they are replacing Obamacare with

Your inalienable right to die in the streets of a treatable illness.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the next four to eight years are going to be some of the most domestically violent years since at least the 60s

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Blue-Bell-Releases-Chocolate-Almond-Marshmallow-Ice-Cream-400247691.html

quote:

Blue Bell's latest flavor combines dark chocolate ice cream with a marshmallow sauce and chocolate-coated almond pieces.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

is trump news network still happening

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

So how are you going to celebrate OBAMACARE FREEDOM DAY??

I'm gonna get some fuckin tetanus and then figure it shouldn't be that bad because I don't have the money for an ER trup and wake up paralysed.

It's just a little tradition in my family.

I'm going to frame my health insurance company's letter of rescission. I might use glitter in some capacity.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
More election hot takes from a Canadian classroom:

"Mysogynist - That's another name for Trump... You know that word?"

"Trump is the winner? D:"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This GOP majority may not even make the midterms lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
MHGA
Make Healthcare Godawful Again

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Honest question: what do rural people in the rust belt think about the Affordable Care Act?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I don't mind the Bernie/Hillary infighting because we're all angry right now but hopefully that cools off so the Left can maybe be a viable party again.

I will say that getting into counterfactuals like "Bernie would've won in a landslide" is getting into territory like Operation Barbarossa would've gone different if Hitler was gay and black. We're better off critically looking at the facts at hand and figuring out where to go from there.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I'm not going to panic yet, but I'm panic adjacent. Some things will be obvious with Trump, he'll try to build a wall, he'll appoint conservative judges, he'll repeal the affordable care act (although not sure what it's going to be replaced with, if anything).

But so much is up in the air, the conservative republican party we know is dead. The Reagan coalition is smashed to bits, the Bush legacy destroyed. So much of the conservative platform is diametrically opposed to what Trump believes, and he is now unquestionably holding the reins of the GOP. Concepts like smaller government, fiscal conservationism, "empowering job creators", nation building and the religious right may fall away from the GOP as the old guard either falls in line to Trump or gets kicked out of office.

We have no loving clue what a Trump administration will do, maybe it won't be all bad...maybe...

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my mom "well what are they going to replace it with"

me: "loooooool"

"they can't just get rid of it, people are using it"

"*plays voice clip from Hindenburg crash*"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Hannity isn't going to go to war with #NeverTrumpers, his side won, no point in going into right now.

Instead he's going to war with THE MEDIA!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The gops first act will be to throw millions off of health care !!

Compassionate conservatism

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

Yes. Please look up this four letter acronym:

F Y G M

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

They actually have to govern and do stuff now. Easy to be the opposition party.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Decius posted:

The polls that have proven to be poo poo just last night.

Regardless who the candidate would have been, the Democrats need to work on fixing one issue first and foremost: Voter suppression. The people in WI that couldn't vote for Clinton wouldn't have been able to vote for Sanders either. Same with the removed EV voting stations in black districts in NC. Which maybe had a bit of a negative impact considering the severely lower turnout in both states.

"Clinton was the worst candidate to ever run" - maybe, but she still managed to get the popular vote and lose in many swing state with a really, really small margin. Talking like the Democrats just got voted out with 1/3 of the votes they got last time around seems a bit weak-kneed. The Democrats just barely lost, their message overall can't have been that wrong like it is made out to be here, even if the messenger had too much baggage in the end.

Both of those things from WI and NC are going to be pushed nationwide by the GOP, in addition to god knows what else since they're going to have a SCOTUS that is 100% on board with gutting the VRA and other pesky things that impede on their right to rule.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Covok posted:

Honest question: what do rural people in the rust belt think about the Affordable Care Act?

Trick question. They don't even know what the Affordable Care Act is.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
didn't trump feel sorry for bernie in a 'he got hosed by the DNC, he also let BLM take over his rally, poor poor guy' kinda way.

lmao he's going to offer bern a cabinet position isn't he.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

It probably going to be a national insurance market lol

This is what keep hearing

and yeah lmao

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Words cannot describe the vastnwess of what we risk as a nation to lose as a result of a republican winning at this moment in time. Progress not just in the last 8 years, but decades past and to come. The level of hubris levied last night will be studied by scholars for years to come.

That there exists even one person who helped this come to pass, who arrogantly bet the farm on a two-pair, who is willing to not only deny their share of blame, but reallicate it to those who provided them grave warnings, ate sickening.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Covok posted:

its a hell of a lot better than that fuckin obamacare

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'm not going to panic yet, but I'm panic adjacent. Some things will be obvious with Trump, he'll try to build a wall, he'll appoint conservative judges, he'll repeal the affordable care act (although not sure what it's going to be replaced with, if anything).

But so much is up in the air, the conservative republican party we know is dead. The Reagan coalition is smashed to bits, the Bush legacy destroyed. So much of the conservative platform is diametrically opposed to what Trump believes, and he is now unquestionably holding the reins of the GOP. Concepts like smaller government, fiscal conservationism, "empowering job creators", nation building and the religious right may fall away from the GOP as the old guard either falls in line to Trump or gets kicked out of office.

We have no loving clue what a Trump administration will do, maybe it won't be all bad...maybe...

If trump follows through on promises like other candidates, there's going to be some pretty serious infrastructure spending next to the whole "DEPORT EVERYONE". I guess that wouldn't be terrible [it would]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"What do you mean our nihilistic anti obama bromides aren't sound policy?"

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Covok posted:

What Fox news tells them to.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the dnc is desperately going to try and run hillary as a "told you so" rather than reflect upon why they lost, imo.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Covok posted:

Whatever bullshit is being peddled on the EPORW2 Facebook page?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Neurolimal posted:

And they said gently caress You back. And it turns out not only does the majority demo have the sheer gall to vote, but that this was a lovely election to antagonize them seeing as they brought 2-5% of every other demo with them.

You helped Trump win. This is the moment where you atone for your sins or wallow in filth.

no, gently caress em and gently caress you. I'm not the one dreaming of coal mining and manufacturing jobs coming back. (lmbo)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I went to McDonalds with my dad to grab a quick bite because I got a movie time wrong and we had a half-hour to kill, so we just sat in McDonalds and ate and talked. While we were there, there was a lady talking really loudly to someone else about something that I didn't give a poo poo about. When it came time for that lady to leave, she announced very loudly that fast food workers don't deserve $15 an hour and benefits to everyone in the restaurant.

Trump's America.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

euphronius posted:

yeah it's like they finally have enough rope to hang themselves and they're eager to get the noose ready

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

It probably going to be a national insurance market lol

More people in this country need to die off, imo. Like, philosophically and because of eventual food shortages. This is a good thing for Trump!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

This is what keep hearing

and yeah lmao

So no regulation and no oversight at all. Awesome

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

They actually have to govern and do stuff now.

Not really. See, e.g., Kansas

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

anime was right posted:

the dnc is desperately going to try and run hillary as a "told you so" rather than reflect upon why they lost, imo.

she wouldn't make it through a primary.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Shark Sandwich posted:

I don't mind the Bernie/Hillary infighting because we're all angry right now but hopefully that cools off so the Left can maybe be a viable party again.

I will that getting into counterfactuals like "Bernie would've won in a landslide" is getting into territory like Operation Barbarossa would've gone different if Hitler was gay and black. We're better off critically looking at the facts at hand and figuring out where to go from there.

Can you say, with a straight face, that Bernie would have lost Michigan? That Bernie vs. Trump would have lead to the same result of D turnout being almost half of what it was in 2012?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Covok posted:

It loving sucks because they have no coverage options and are forced to pay Obama a fine despite the system failing them to give them options they can afford. It's a poor tax and they all hate it and would rather have Medicare or Medicaid if anything.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
i wonder what these same disaffected/tarded voters will do after trump doesn't give them jobs

maybe he will give them jobs as the new (((sheriffs))) in town

private prison stocks are booming right now after all

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, they'll be okay with Obamacare being repealed even when it doesn't lower premiums (that was actually an inevitable market factor) and throws the poorest them off healthcare?

• Locked thread