Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It will, it's absolutely top tier. The only way to get a better roll on that gun is HCR in the middle column. And the archetype is competitive to the very highest level of play.

I still think an adept blind perdition (slightly higher impact, lower rof so lower theoretical ttk) is better than any Clever Dragon because of its base stats, handling and target highlighting with HCR on top of it all. But that's an argument/position, not an immutable fact. I think the bells and whistles make up for the TTK because realistically between a 7 impact with HCR and a 4 impact with HCR whoever gets the first shot tends to win, so I like the insane handling and target highlighting to give me the first shot advantage.

I'd love to hear ETHAN COUCH weigh in on his dragon vs his PB\Rifled Hawksaw.

If anyone has been using the base Blind Perdition without snapshot and has the vendor Dragon or better weigh in too plz.

I have base the Blind Perdition and a braced frame/HCR/outlaw Dragon and dragon feels better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tei posted:

How you guys make these destiny gifv files? they are fancy.

http://imgur.com/vidgif

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I have base the Blind Perdition and a braced frame/HCR/outlaw Dragon and dragon feels better.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Tei posted:

How you guys make these destiny gifv files? they are fancy.

Imgur does video to gif(v)

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

PDX Roll #2 - SPO-26 / SLO-12 / SPO-57 - Appended Magazine / Hammer Forged - Full Auto - Single Point Sling / Hand-laid Stock
PDX Roll #3 - SPO-28 / SLO-12 / SPO-57 - Feather Mag / Perfect Balance - Hidden Hand - Single Point Sling / Rifled Barrel

These are booth solid and competitive PVP rolls , and 3 is particularly good IMHO, if you even care about anything anymore, gently caress this gay earth

I have one like roll 2, that I use all the time, so I guess its time to try roll 3.

CheeseFactory posted:

Don't play Destiny solo.

Ever.

I don't have friends.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 9, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I had a feeling this would be the case. I occasionally used to use an injection mold CB grasp with ORS and it came out only a bees dick below this vendor dragon in range and stability, but had way better handling. I ditched it for the BP but that's because of all the bells and whistles which could be HCR, snapshot or highlighting.

I think HCR>no HCR, 4-HCR>7-HCR, and 7-HCR+snapshot>=4-HCR

It's an interesting time in the pulse rifle meta, that's for sure.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

E-Money posted:

Just got a cd with perfect balance /hand laid stock, snapshot /high caliber rounds, counterbalance/outlaw. Better, right? Which perks to run with that?

Congrats on your god roll. Run PB/HCR, then I would see if you can use it without counterbalance. FWIW I have a PB/HCR/Headseeker and I don't find the lack of counterbalance to be a big deal. It might help on maps with longer sight lines, though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Got a dragon with hand laid stock, HCR, and rangefinder. Is HCR good enough to make that better than the vendor roll?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

acumen posted:

Got a dragon with hand laid stock, HCR, and rangefinder. Is HCR good enough to make that better than the vendor roll?

This is a great gun. HCR is just about the most desirable perk.

Edit - Sorry, I got hand laid stock and braced farm confused. Keep hunting.

Bettyspagh3tt1 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 9, 2016

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Don't worry, now that you're monitoring, we'll get you a BP also.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

acumen posted:

Depends. HCR is the best perk you can get on the gun but if the other two perks are trash you won't hit poo poo with it. Rangefinder + Hand-Laid might be okay, that's really good stability but I dunno how much of a range setback that is.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Menstrual Show posted:

Same

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

qbert posted:

Depends. HCR is the best perk you can get on the gun but if the other two perks are trash you won't hit poo poo with it. Rangefinder + Hand-Laid might be okay, that's really good stability but I dunno how much of a range setback that is.

Pulse rifle chat, hot takes incoming:

I don't think the grasp archetype needs a ton of range IF you have a ton of stability (I think smallbore is incredible for 3s because you get a ton of range and enough stability, but that's for a different discussion). Hand laid is Fine because you're rarely getting pure 3 burst kills unless you're strictly playing 3s or you can aim like a god. Test it out and see where you start hitting for 22s instead of 23s, because 66x3=198 and 69*3=207. That's your pure 3 burst range. Most of my grasp kills are 4 bursts.

That being said, I think rangefinder is generally a garbage perk on pulses. Rangefinder has positive affects on range and damage falloff Asa result of increasing the guns zoom factor. This makes the gun less nimble and your view more restricted. Generally I like to have a wide fov and low zoom. Note that rangefinder is fine on HCs because the benefits there outweigh the detriments and hand cannons have an extremely low base zoom so an increase isn't unwieldy.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Imma post about destiny guns all day because gently caress thinking about President Donald J. Trump jfc

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Imma post about destiny guns all day because gently caress thinking about President Donald J. Trump jfc

Amen

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Does a CD want HH? I have one with PB, Snapshot, HH. The balance can be BF, but I don't know. Feels like I should shard it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'd love to hear ETHAN COUCH weigh in on his dragon vs his PB\Rifled Hawksaw.

If you don't have a HCR/BF dragon by the end of this iron banner you might as well quit playing destiny PvP. The BP or a HCR PDX will be decent but only if you manage to catch them between where their range drop off begins and yours stays full, which unfortunately is a very uncomfortable engagement range.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Incitatus posted:

Does a CD want HH? I have one with PB, Snapshot, HH. The balance can be BF, but I don't know. Feels like I should shard it.

Doesn't really need it, but it doesn't hurt. It has a 77 aim assist which is second only to malok and if I remember right HH is +5 so that makes it equal to malok.

Upside is none of the perks in that column are really must-haves. I mean CB is the de-facto standard, but the gun doesn't really require that either. Unflinching or headseeker are lower tier, and everything else is kind of garbage.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
A Buff Gay Guide to Clever Dragons:

Does it have HCR? No? Shard it because it's not better than the vendor one. Use the vendor one.

It has HCR? Sweet. Does it have PB or BF? If so, keep it and use it and see if you like it better than the vendor one. If it has CB as well, congratulations. You beat Iron Banner.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm really enjoying this Iron Banner and I haven't been able to use a Clever Dragon yet.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm interested in acquiring a BF/HCR/Unflinching one tbqh

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm interested in acquiring a BF/HCR/Unflinching one tbqh

I was curious if unflinching might be a good perk if everyone else is running HCR as well. Maybe the game will give me a CD some day so I can find out

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Unflinching should be a straight up nullification of HCR but it isn't because bungie

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Never got a rifled barrel Eyasluna but the moment Bungie flips the switch on engrams I get a palindrome with rifled, Icarus, and HH. Gotta love Fischer-Price.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Nevermind the game finally decided that my games need full fireteams as the enemy.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

I'm really enjoying this Iron Banner and I haven't been able to use a Clever Dragon yet.

Since the Clever Dragon is rank 5 at the vendor does that mean it's only in the post game loot tables once I reach rank 5 or does it only drop once as a rank up reward?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
No I got one at Rank 2.

LL 400 drops EVERYWHERE!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

kzin602 posted:

Since the Clever Dragon is rank 5 at the vendor does that mean it's only in the post game loot tables once I reach rank 5 or does it only drop once as a rank up reward?

No, IB shits stuff at you constantly at all ranks.

Hope you like artifacts!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Every game the same, in the top three but never get the purple drops! :(

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I got a pretty decent build. What do you guys think?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jack Trades posted:

Ronin isn't a very good Titan...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't have the slightest idea what that game is

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

FishBulb posted:

its a f2p game with grinding like a korean mmo if you dont want to spend a lot of money

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FishBulb posted:

It's a console mmo with robots and shooting things in space and grinding for gear n poo poo.
That's what we're discussing here, no?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

No, IB shits stuff at you constantly at all ranks.

Hope you like artifacts!

My artifact has been holding back my LL and Tier 12 build, so yea.

Jack Trades posted:

Did you make your power color piss yellow? This is important.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

kzin602 posted:

Did you make your power color piss yellow? This is important.

Indeed. I like it when my color palette clashes with itself, as evidenced by my retarded use of neon green and maroon red on the same character.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Passed the test 10/10

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What LL do Dusty Iron Engrams come out as. Thinking about trying to get a Y1 set of IB gear for my Titan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got ummmm braced frame and unflinching and snapshot is that good

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Not sure which in PvP:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Ularg posted:

Not sure which in PvP:

I wouldn't use HLS on a fusion. You'll lose some bolt velocity.

• Locked thread