Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fiction posted:

This is a great message to give to poor struggling people and definitely not why we have president trump lol.

I want to hope not everyone is like you and completely blind to why this happened but I'm not getting my hopes up.

probably would've been a very different election if the dems would've emphasized more how much Trump's policies would actually hurt his supporters rather than putting all their money in the "racism is bad" basket.
also if they had nominated Bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
we're all gonna ride this bullet train to hell.

together

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

euphronius posted:

It's an absurd and sarcastic comment produced to illicit laughter and amusement

Oh I thought you were using hyperbole to indicate that the GOP would lose its majority at some point, which is never going to happen again

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

Have they said what they are replacing Obamacare with

Bankrupt hospitals.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Brother Entropy posted:

man i don't even hate hilary that much but i'll be loving livid if they try this

at least run kaine (don't run kaine though)

i think they will try this, or at least a branch of the dnc depending on how power fractures, and it will not work.

theres a huge group of people that attached themselves to clinton for potential administration jobs, maintain status quo in the org, cushy lobbying gigs etc. now that clinton doesn't seem like a winner, some people will abandon any pretense of working with her probably-losing future campaign and instead start shopping around for a new leader to coalesce behind. the clintons will not suddenly fall entirely out of favor, but the people who want to stay in the game will find someone new, and that new person has a good chance of not being a neoliberal because whoever runs in the next primary will win off a populist wave imo

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fiction posted:

This is a great message to give to poor struggling people and definitely not why we have president trump lol.

I want to hope not everyone is like you and completely blind to why this happened but I'm not getting my hopes up.

good i stopped giving a poo poo last night, nothing matters. im all in with FYGM

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Covok posted:

The reality is that they're hosed. That's the hard truth. What are we going to do? Those jobs aren't coming back, even if you waved a magic wand. Even if you banned all trade, they wouldn't get back their jobs. What they need is something the government can't provide. The government can try to strike deals, but who would want to do manufacturing work in America, really? The cost of living is too high there to set wages low enough to justify it so no one will take up the deal, not to mention minimum wage. I get the angier and I get the feels, but the only answer you can give is lies.

I guess that's what they wanted.

You can tell them anything. Tell them that the government will take care of them. Tell them you'll bring jobs and stability to their region, even if you don't have specifics. gently caress, just tell them something. Don't just spout platitudes about small businesses and expect that people will think you care about them.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

loving lol if you think Democrats are going to get their poo poo together by 2018 or 2020.

also loving lol if you think we're still gonna have elections by then.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

Well if you're going to die anyways, might as well grow a pair and go out in a hail of lead and exploding shrapnel

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Schnorkles posted:

we're all gonna ride this bullet train to hell.

together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMR5zf1J1Hs

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

look at how diverse they are. you've got every shade of pink.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
If the Rs piss off their already flailing base by completely cratering the economy they will get voted out of government. You can't gerrymander food into peoples' mouths, and there's still a lot of red tape left in the way of instituting dictatorship.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

CodeJanitor posted:

Well if you're going to die anyways, might as well grow a pair and go out in a hail of lead and exploding shrapnel

Oh yeah. Trump will be supporting the :cop: :cop:

RIP BLM

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Covok posted:

The reality is that they're hosed. That's the hard truth. What are we going to do? Those jobs aren't coming back, even if you waved a magic wand. Even if you banned all trade, they wouldn't get back their jobs. What they need is something the government can't provide. The government can try to strike deals, but who would want to do manufacturing work in America, really? The cost of living is too high there to set wages low enough to justify it so no one will take up the deal, not to mention minimum wage. I get the angier and I get the feels, but the only answer you can give is lies.

I guess that's what they wanted.

It will be interesting to see how or if the rust belt and coal country react if they realize they were conned by Trump and he can do nothing about their jobs which will continue to decline.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

euphronius posted:

Have they said what they are replacing Obamacare with
They're going to get rid of the lines, uh, the lines around the states,,

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Beet Wagon posted:

loving lol if you think Democrats are going to get their poo poo together by 2018 or 2020.

also loving lol if you think we're still gonna have elections by then.

Considering the government seriously responded to the Death Star bill, will Trump suspend congress after its completion citing that the regional governors and fear of this staton will be enough to keep people in line?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
darrell issa won gently caress just when I thought things couldn't get worse.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
Djt gave no shits

It's easy to tell when someone knows what happens in the next scene

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Oh yeah. Trump will be supporting the :cop: :cop:

RIP BLM

Get ready for some pretty impressive crack downs.

On a side note: Anyone have a MOD for Dishonored 1/2 ready that adds red MAGA hats to guards?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
LMAO if they people believe a ~2,000 mile wall will actually be built

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

just think in 5 years the water table in Miami will salinate and Rubio will get on television and blame Obama.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

i think they will try this, or at least a branch of the dnc depending on how power fractures, and it will not work.

theres a huge group of people that attached themselves to clinton for potential administration jobs, maintain status quo in the org, cushy lobbying gigs etc. now that clinton doesn't seem like a winner, some people will abandon any pretense of working with her probably-losing future campaign and instead start shopping around for a new leader to coalesce behind. the clintons will not suddenly fall entirely out of favor, but the people who want to stay in the game will find someone new, and that new person has a good chance of not being a neoliberal because whoever runs in the next primary will win off a populist wave imo

Both Clintons will probably more or less retire I think. They are over 70 and rich. Why the hell should they continue to throw themselves into the grind after that? Some charity here and there, new grandkid - the works.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

right now I'm banking on Trump's poor leadership causing the republican majority to be as flimsy and divided as the dems' majority was, on midterms being good to the democrats, and the remaining SCOTUS justices holding on to dear life until after 2018 when the dems can block nominations right back because this is just what politics are gonna be from now on. then the progressive movement resurgence in reaction to overt fascism will put Elizabeth Warren or someone in the White House and everything will be just peachy rainbows and love

also get involved in politics and do stuff to make a difference people, seriously.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Fiction posted:

If the Rs piss off their already flailing base by completely cratering the economy they will get voted out of government. You can't gerrymander food into peoples' mouths, and there's still a lot of red tape left in the way of instituting dictatorship.

^

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

anime was right posted:

These people are all terrible though. Both Clinton and Jeb! were surrounded by layers and layers of them and were suffocated by the cloying, ingratiating incompetence.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

loving.... this guy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

nothing matters, FYGM won the day.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
[birth-of-a-supervillain.jpg]

i mean jeez he really did get the last laugh.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

yeah.........

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Augus posted:

probably would've been a very different election if the dems would've emphasized more how much Trump's policies would actually hurt his supporters rather than putting all their money in the "racism is bad" basket.
also if they had nominated Bernie

but would his supporters have been susceptible to believing in any words that came out of a democrat's mouth in the first place

like the dems definitely should've tried that more but it's hard not to be skeptical that we still wouldn't have gotten the same outcome

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

he looks bored lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fiction posted:

lmao no they wont

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

texaholic posted:

LMAO if they people believe a ~2,000 mile wall will actually be built

Put America Back To Work (Building A loving Wall) Act of 2017.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

It probably going to be a national insurance market lol

That's not going to work. What about coverage networks? How's an insurance company that regularly serves California going to know what doctors are practicing in Texas let alone magically have them in their network of providers?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The Nastier Nate posted:

So much of the conservative platform is diametrically opposed to what Trump believes

Gonna need a list of this because I don't think you understand how Trump works, in that if he gets things he wants he'll sign off on whatever poo poo the GOP sends him.

If Trump doesn't use the office to enrich himself like an oligarch I'll be stunned. A few billion on contracts here, a few billion on contracts there, with some grease for the GOP's wheels, and Trump will leave office richer than he's ever claimed to be.

lorn Wayne posted:

didn't trump feel sorry for bernie in a 'he got hosed by the DNC, he also let BLM take over his rally, poor poor guy' kinda way.

lmao he's going to offer bern a cabinet position isn't he.

Yeah Trump definitely felt bad for the guy and wasn't trying to siphon Bernouts to come vote for him as the ~outersider~ in the election or anything.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
going from thinking that the Republican party is dead and needs to reform and rebrand, to thinking the same about the Democratic party, in a span of six hours, is incredible and im so glad that this election went this way

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

quoting because this instantly made my hangover headache flare up

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friendly Reminder!

:siren: THE MODS HAVE DECIDED TO ALLOW HILLARY TOXXERS A WAY OUT :siren:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797259

Basically, all you need to do is give :10bux: to RAINN.
If you perma-toxxed, you can downgrade to a regular toxx.
If you regular toxxed, you can avoid the ban.

(oh, and before someone goes "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS", the same thing was offered in the Trump thread when the access hollywood tape dropped more or less).

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao if you think they care

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Fiction posted:

NOPE next question

• Locked thread