Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I am similarly still floored by this whiplash

Actually I think the GOP is still gonna need to restructure eventually (soon?) it's just that they got a big shot of Trump Brand Populism Juice in the arm and they were facing a group of overconfident idiots who also need to restructure

hmmm both parties are poo poo

not the same, but both poo poo

I'm almost positive there's going to be some retribution in the party.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You remember that day before Christmas break where it was supposed to snow and you blew off that ten page paper and you wake up and school is not canceled? That is Trump.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

He never wanted to be president. He doesn't want to leave NYC. He wanted to win a popularity contest.

He didn't win a popularity contest.

He won a hosed up nerd's version of a popularity contest.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

agreed, mr President

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why does Trump look like someone told him his dog just died? :stare:

He didn't actually want to be President, his book tour just went way farther than he planned.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
the one thing this election made me realize is how close 2012 actually was in hindsight

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Trump response to becoming president was probably a long internal scream

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

black president: *roasts fat white man*

bullied white man reaches into backpack, entire nation dives behind walls

Trump is going to spend the next 2 months coming up with the sickest burn to whisper into Obama's ear during inauguration.

Obama is going to spend the next 2 months doing the same, but for the note on the Oval Office desk.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Three Olives posted:

It will be interesting to see how or if the rust belt and coal country react if they realize they were conned by Trump and he can do nothing about their jobs which will continue to decline.

im going to enjoy watching them cry about it. they voted for the orange they get to deal with his lies about their return to greatness.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
do u think helmut norporth is feeling pretty good about himself

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Typo posted:

the one thing this election made me realize is how close 2012 actually was in hindsight

obama was a monster in campaign mode. he shouldn't have won that election.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Hot take:

Multiple people and institutions are to blame in varying amounts for reasons that will become clear over time .

Yes. honestly we all should just stop yelling at each other but we're all upset so that's not gonna happen lol

the truth will come out, but right now we're just angry

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a silver lining

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797240#post466268809

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If you believe that story about the call between John Kasich's people and the Trump campaign, Trump will be more of a VP than anything else, so enjoy Shadow President Pence

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

iospace posted:

I wonder how many people said "gently caress IT" and went full acceleration now because of last night.

I know I did to a point.

Not me. I'm a white cishet male with a good job and two houses. I was worried for my friends before, and now I'm loving terrified. Lots of black/queer/immigrant fam.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I feel bad for all those women that Trump assaulted. They were brave and came out about it, he attacked them and now he's president. That's loving sad.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
can trump still not stay over night anywhere except his own home because thats going to be loving hilarious when he has to leave the country to do presidential stuff

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

GobiasIndustries posted:

No he doesn't.

Yes he does, so will Malania. The will be all sorts of protocol, decisions that he is responsible for that could have major personal consequences, record keeping requirements. He is not going to enjoy being President.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Typo posted:

haha you haven't being paying attention have you

Uhh yeah it happened in 2006?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Doorknob Slobber posted:

can trump still not stay over night anywhere except his own home because thats going to be loving hilarious when he has to leave the country to do presidential stuff

the gold house

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

over/under on number of maids mysteriously disappearing in the first two years from teh white house whilst a basement room remains mysteriously locked and only pence is allowed in, setting the bar at 20 place yer bets

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

As I understand it, there is no legal or constitutional restraint on any business activity or interest or investment on the part of the POTUS. The question has never really arisen before. And we will not know what his ties with foreign business and governments are because his business dealings are partially secret. Good luck stopping Trump TV or anything else he tries to do.

E: I mean short of embezzlement/fraud/etc. He can do what he wants with private money/his money as POTUS. I think he has to release his taxes as POTUS but that doesn't apply retrospectively, does it?

E2: petit choux has pointed out that blind trusts usually handle POTUS business interests. My mistake

Josef K. Sourdust fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 9, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

already bored with being president

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jose posted:

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Like many things, the fact that both parties hate the EC means that the EC has to be somewhat worthwhile.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Neurolimal posted:

Difficulty peeling supporters would be a good argument....before last night, where Hillary got half of Obama's coalition.

85 % of it. Again, talking like the Democrats just lost with 1/3 of the voters they had 2012 isn't the right basis.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

no this is objectively one of the worst things to happen to civilization as a whole in my lifetime, but it's not because of any one thing

there are multiple points at which any number of people could have done something differently, and all us should examine that poo poo carefully and call out the errors that maybe they can not be repeated

but pointing to any one person or group and saying it's you, you did this is just scapegoating

"you could have prevented this" isnt the same thing as "you did this" and we'll just eat ourselves if we dont try to address this whole clusterfuck more in the former style than the latter

blame, dogmatic ideological purity, and purging/punishing dissent are what built this rural white monster—we can and should have an ongoing conversation about the acceptable limits of our compromises and how to prevent/recover from mistakes, but just pushing the sliders all the way to the top of the scale isnt going to help

third wayism is and always has been imo trash, but im still happy to work w someone who doesnt align completely w my politics in order to advance a common goal. hillary is nowhere near as far left progressive as i am but i was happy to vote for her in the general because she would have pushed the nation as a whole in a generally progressive direction, and every step to the left is a victory

and we can fight the immediate bullshit while also more carefully examining things, and its kind of critical to do both

best take overall imo, can we close the thread on this 1? thanks mods

Serf
May 5, 2011

on the bright side, we're about to get a real good up-close look at the Fermi Paradox in action lol

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Fiction posted:

Uhh yeah it happened in 2006?

that was over Iraq and only cuz the dems ran 4-D chess strat of running fake conservative dems only for them to turn on their constituents once in congress

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Three Olives posted:

Yes he does, so will Malania. The will be all sorts of protocol, decisions that he is responsible for that could have major personal consequences, record keeping requirements. He is not going to enjoy being President.

Lol he's never held political office so everything he ever does is governed by a policy he's never read

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Serf posted:

on the bright side, we're about to get a real good up-close look at the Fermi Paradox in action lol

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

euphronius posted:

Have they said what they are replacing Obamacare with

More money for us / gently caress you + lay down in the street and die

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
ok so now that he's president do you think he's finally gonna gently caress ivanka

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

sugar free jazz posted:

over/under on number of maids mysteriously disappearing in the first two years from teh white house whilst a basement room remains mysteriously locked and only pence is allowed in, setting the bar at 20 place yer bets

over

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

best take overall imo, can we close the thread on this 1? thanks mods

i'm not done laughing at the result

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://youtu.be/WlBiLNN1NhQ

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mastershakeman posted:

going from thinking that the Republican party is dead and needs to reform and rebrand, to thinking the same about the Democratic party, in a span of six hours, is incredible and im so glad that this election went this way

vOv i always thought they were both on the verge of breaking and the question was only who is going to be shattered now and who is going to be shattered in 2018/2020

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

perrrrsonally i have my own suspicions but i an't tell u what because twill taint the betting pool methinks

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Typo posted:

ok so now that he's president do you think he's finally gonna gently caress ivanka

over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/796451958483783681

• Locked thread