Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They already had implied Bob from Hydra. Why not implied skull man with photographic reflexes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I obviously have some vested interest in the character. Someone posted the comic my avatar is from last page. I'm just happy he's not as consistently showing up just to get jobbed and show that someone else is stronger.

I think it was a stupid mistake that he was damasked when Moon Knight defeated him a few years ago. Before that his face was never shown. He goes on a date in his Udon mini and you still never see his face. That was a very small mystery, but it was stolen from the character for stupid or no reason.

I've championed Taskmaster as a MCU character for years, not just because I like him, but I thought it was viable. Tony Masters is cheap from a TV or Movie budget sense. Since he wears a mask multiple stunt men/martial artist could play the part when he switches styles. He could be played by anyone outside of the mask. I was originally thinking of Ray Park or Donnie Yen, men that can legitimately change styles immediately, but you don't really need that when you have an editing room.

The line I take a portion from is, "All is, if I have grace to use it so, As ever in my great taskmaster's eye." it's from John Milton in a letter basically saying, "I haven't achieved much yet, but god willing, I will". It was also referenced in the Taskmaster mini. A target calls him arrogant for referencing it, that's because "the great taskmaster" in the letter is God.

I think it's called sonnet number seven.

Dr. MonkeyThunder fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 9, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Taskmaster's ability isn't much use against real superpowers.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

(action montage set to, poo poo, I dunno, this track)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsL90gkbNY&t=64s

Dude, what the gently caress. Taskmaster already has a kickass action theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHZWZ7RzE-U

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I think it was a stupid mistake that he was damasked when Moon Knight defeated him a few years ago. Before that his face was never shown.

I remember at least two comics pre-Moon Knight that showed us unmasked Taskmaster. Once in a Daredevil story and once in... I think one of those comics from back when Marvel and Malibu were constantly doing crossovers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

Dude, what the gently caress. Taskmaster already has a kickass action theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHZWZ7RzE-U

Hey, I'm just being realistic! I didn't hear this playing over the Iron Fist trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L896jWqOO8w

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Say Nothing posted:

Taskmaster's ability isn't much use against real superpowers.

This definitely belongs here because the idea that Reed has faced all these crazy dangers and villains and then goes down to simply being shot at is hilarious. Doom is sitting in his castle clenching his fists 'Shoot him? Shoot him?! How did Doom not consider that!'

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Doom is one of like 3 villains for whom it's totally acceptable to set up really dumb contrived death traps instead of just shooting his enemies in the face.

The other two are Arcade and Mysterio.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ashcans posted:

This definitely belongs here because the idea that Reed has faced all these crazy dangers and villains and then goes down to simply being shot at is hilarious. Doom is sitting in his castle clenching his fists 'Shoot him? Shoot him?! How did Doom not consider that!'

Because of his feelings for Sue in the moment and because of his powers, his heart swelled up way bigger than normal, making him vulnerable to regular bullets for a brief moment.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ashcans posted:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"Susan, look out! Bullets! Your one weakness! I don't know if my disgusting plasticine body will shield you from them, but we just don't have any better options!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lobok posted:

Because of his feelings for Sue in the moment and because of his powers, his heart swelled up way bigger than normal, making him vulnerable to regular bullets for a brief moment.

I guess it's true, he has deflected bullets using his powers before.

Luffy does it better, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

That looks exactly the same to me.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
One is anime and therefore is better

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm pretty sure Luffy's clothes aren't supposed to be stretchy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

those arent his clothes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

One is anime and therefore is better

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

The Newspaper Spider-Man thread is over here.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Say Nothing posted:

reed understands the consequences of firing a dozen bullets back at someone who is presumable not superpowered given they're using a gun, right

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

quite stretched out posted:

reed understands the consequences of firing a dozen bullets back at someone who is presumable not superpowered given they're using a gun, right

Basic physics dictates a significant loss of momentum on the return trip.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Gavok posted:

I remember at least two comics pre-Moon Knight that showed us unmasked Taskmaster. Once in a Daredevil story and once in... I think one of those comics from back when Marvel and Malibu were constantly doing crossovers.

Was it at least done for a reason?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Was it at least done for a reason?

In the Daredevil issue, he was hospitalized and I guess the creative team didn't think he was important enough to be treated as this big mystery figure, so they didn't obscure his face.

The have very vague memory of the other comic, but I remember Taskmaster was training the star crossover character (a woman) and was just casually hanging out with her post-workout without his mask on.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I always interpreted them not showing his face in his earlier appearances as part of his "just some guy trying to make money" origin. His secret identity was pointless because he had no personal motivations for being a villain other than ability and a desire for profit.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure his last appearance was that "not the face, please" bit in Deadpool's comic.

No he was at Wade's bachelor party as well. Of course, he wasn't in costume so Cap and Wolvie wouldn't kick the hell out of him...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lurdiak posted:

I always interpreted them not showing his face in his earlier appearances as part of his "just some guy trying to make money" origin. His secret identity was pointless because he had no personal motivations for being a villain other than ability and a desire for profit.

The mask is very important to his brand.

Do not mention the Punisher around him. He's very bitter.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Spider-Man/Deadpool #11

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Roth posted:

Spider-Man/Deadpool #11

That issue was bizarre. It was like a cross between Mad Magazine and Deadpool. I'm still not sure if I liked it or not.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I obviously have some vested interest in the character. Someone posted the comic my avatar is from last page. I'm just happy he's not as consistently showing up just to get jobbed and show that someone else is stronger.

I think it was a stupid mistake that he was damasked when Moon Knight defeated him a few years ago. Before that his face was never shown. He goes on a date in his Udon mini and you still never see his face. That was a very small mystery, but it was stolen from the character for stupid or no reason.

I've championed Taskmaster as a MCU character for years, not just because I like him, but I thought it was viable. Tony Masters is cheap from a TV or Movie budget sense. Since he wears a mask multiple stunt men/martial artist could play the part when he switches styles. He could be played by anyone outside of the mask. I was originally thinking of Ray Park or Donnie Yen, men that can legitimately change styles immediately, but you don't really need that when you have an editing room.

The line I take a portion from is, "All is, if I have grace to use it so, As ever in my great taskmaster's eye." it's from John Milton in a letter basically saying, "I haven't achieved much yet, but god willing, I will". It was also referenced in the Taskmaster mini. A target calls him arrogant for referencing it, that's because "the great taskmaster" in the letter is God.

I think it's called sonnet number seven.

I hope when he adapts someone's martial arts Taskmaster is played by Donnie Yen, but when he fights Colossus he is played by Nathan Jones. No one ever mentions it.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Man, bricks in the Newspaper Realm are serious business.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Spiderman Renew your Vows, one of the side stories.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Onmi posted:

Spiderman Renew your Vows, one of the side stories.

This is the Spider-Man book I always wanted. :kimchi:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Yvonmukluk posted:

This is the Spider-Man book I always wanted. :kimchi:

This is a side story but the main story is also cute and good and "Super Hero family who are Superheroes and also a family"

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Ice packs is great.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Onmi posted:

This is a side story but the main story is also cute and good and "Super Hero family who are Superheroes and also a family"

And why did people want to take away Spider-man's marriage again?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Well you see it aged him and-

Instead of explaining the dumb reasoning, have Jonah. And his rage that he's not allowed to smoke anymore.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Joey Freshwater posted:

Late to this one but please tell me Homo Erectus is a gay bar

It is. The owners are even named Adam and Steve.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok, but can turtles get fat?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kwyndig posted:

Because Joe Quesada hates us.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, after everything happening right now, Spider-Man Renew Your Vows is like a big ol' mug of chicken soup for the soul. :unsmith:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

All-Star Batman #4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess I need to get Renew Your Vows.