Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

How is this game? Thinking of picking it up.

A clusterfuck of different systems to learn, an endless grind for poo poo you don't even want and janky bargain bin presentation. Somehow it manages to be pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!
If you need sentients for whatever relay gate - the ones from second dream quest count towards the count.
Checked yesterday, cleared the relay.
Might be useful to know if you're not patient enough to look for them on Lua.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mortvert posted:

If you need sentients for whatever relay gate - the ones from second dream quest count towards the count.
Checked yesterday, cleared the relay.
Might be useful to know if you're not patient enough to look for them on Lua.

They show up every 5 mins on one of the survival missions on Lua

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

It's free. What do you have to lose?

I haven't been a new player since they revamped the star chart and tutorial system, so I imagine it's easier to give the game a chance now. Just play through the first few missions and the first planet (Mercury I guess?) and see if you like the core loop of killing dudes in co-op and collecting weapons. If by the end of the second planet (Venus), you aren't hooked, then it probably isn't for you.

And make sure to join the goon clan ASAP!

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lord Wexia posted:

And make sure to join the goon clan ASAP!

This is very important. The level of stupidity pubbies display in this game is almost eve-like. Goons aren't much better, but there's at least a few decent humans there :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
And you get to laugh at me being dumb :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Ask for an invite link so you can get an exp booster and check the beginner guide

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Moatman posted:

Oh you sweet summer child.
I like Dread more than any other bow I've used. Drop some crit into it, get your elements on, and you're good to go. Shouldn't really need more than 3-4 forma tops, and it's certainly good enough as a fresh 30.
I'd say v marelok or lex p for some other Mesa guns, they work well with the primed crit mods. I also like dual toxocysts in general but you need to build them "wrong" for Mesa (peacemakers have good crit and dual tox... don't)

How about Hate? I just had that drop. What's actually rare off the Stalker that people farm him for?

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Riftling posted:

How about Hate? I just had that drop. What's actually rare off the Stalker that people farm him for?

Stalker's Drop Table posted:

Dread: 99.999999%
Literally Everything Else: .00000001%

Ceebees fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 9, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Despair's the one I'm missing. I also managed to get a Detron blueprint the other day!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Turns out The War Within was actually about America.

Serious note, did they make any mention of the musicframe being mute-able?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Turns out The War Within was actually about America.

Serious note, did they make any mention of the musicframe being mute-able?

My new warframe for akkad, ~~doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot~~ repeat 10x

If 1 1 1 1 1 pressed endlessly does almost anything that's going to become my go to frame.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I bought a new hat for my operator and now I have refreshed my look for The War Within. Whenever it releases at least.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The music frame had better let me compose lovely midi versions of videogame music. Or with four of them, maybe something recognisable.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Gonna see if i can make him play Dancing Mad

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Warframe is pretty fun, you guys.
http://i.imgur.com/bh4dioy.mp4

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 9, 2016

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.

Jack Trades posted:

Warframe is pretty fun, you guys.

There's something that looks off about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Doctor Zaius posted:

There's something that looks off about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Optimism. Go make him farm Vengeful Revenant.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Doctor Zaius posted:

Probably because it requires 10 bucks a month to look that good

VV Destiny. Console only.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 10, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
what is that even?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Optimism. Go make him farm Vengeful Revenant.

Shoulda traded a Tempo Royale for it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Shoulda traded a Tempo Royale for it.

Oh I got a tempo from Baro. I'll wait til the time is right.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I have like 4 tempo royales from running Io a zillion times for relics.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hypesite: https://warframe.com/thewarwithin

VV We've only just begun :unsmigghh:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 10, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

no thanks I already had enough of civil war

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

SSNeoman posted:

Probably because it requires 10 bucks a month to look that good

It actually looks like crap to me.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I thought it was some borderlands game I didn't know about until the emote at the end.

b00n
May 8, 2007
Destiny made the mistake of being console only among many other mistakes.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I guess from the words on the hypesite that TWW will have 3 new weapons, a dual secondary, a melee, and a giant loving shotgun primary.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Denzine posted:

I guess from the words on the hypesite that TWW will have 3 new weapons, a dual secondary, a melee, and a giant loving shotgun primary.

The Zarr looks like it will be a cannon that fires a cluster grenade. Should be a lot of fun.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I can feel the hype. C'mon, gimme the new content already. :dance:

Also why is brown not a valid bbcode color here

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So, if you missed it at like 12 or 2 am (?) the warframe twitch randomly broadcasted this video twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6uJX_mxkgk

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The most exciting part of that video was when a locker with a red light opened.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
[DE]Megan just posted this about an hour ago.

quote:

Like an answer to a prayer, we’re bringing you The War Within on a very special extended episode of Prime Time. 'Console Tenno - this will be a PC focused War Within stream but we won't spoil the whole thing... but if you want to experience the entire quest for yourself maybe skip this one' This FRIDAY November 11th, Rebecca and Megan are joined in the studio by wgrates and DanieltheDemon as they experience The War Within for the very first time. The night will be split up as both wgrates and DanieltheDemon play the first parts of the quest individually (as we react), followed by conspiracy crafting as to what they both have witnessed. We don't want to spoil the quest fully for you on the first day, but there will be parts of it revealed so beware! PLUS, we’ll be sitting down after to see some incredible new community Fan Art, and give out Platinum prizes!! See you here tomorrow, November 11th at 7 p.m. EDT. Check your time zones here.

From the wording it sounds like release is planned for tomorrow. A disappointment as I was really hoping for today. Guests are people who stream warframe.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Surprising that they're releasing it on a holiday.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Surprising that they're releasing it on a holiday.

DE is based in Canada so it may not be a holiday up there, I'm too lazy to check.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AttackBacon posted:

DE is based in Canada so it may not be a holiday up there, I'm too lazy to check.

It's Remembrance Day tomorrow, yeah.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

AttackBacon posted:

Yep it's a holiday up here. Pretty sure it's a holiday in all major commonwealth countries, too.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dropping what appears to be a massive patch on a holiday weekend is a good way to not have a holiday weekend.

Or for poo poo to be broken and your forums blow up over it if you don't spend the weekend fixing all the bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hey, we Americans need this.