Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

So, now what?

You up for a trip to Shadow Moses w/ me

Gonna need like 6-9 folks, please come up with an animal themed nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

no worries folks

president lisa is up next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hzRnwLTMfM

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmao trump the tactical politician who loves lgbt...q's? and the very principled GOP old guard

Thanks, I needed that laugh.

It's not that he loves the LGBT community, it's that if he goes full Fred Phelps (or Mike Pence for that matter) he'll get destroyed in 2020. Gay Rights are very broadly popular now. Trump knows this. His campaign managers know this. That's why he referenced the LGBT community in his nomination speech. I'm also willing to bet he thinks he can peel off queerfolk, especially White Gay and Bisexual men, from the Democratic Party. Speaking as a queer man, I know a lot of us feel abandoned by LGBTQ community, which often just feels like the L&T community these days. I'm not stupid enough to buy into that feeling as anything more than a little anxiety in certain spaces, but I know plenty of other men who are one more snide remark away from going Logcabin.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Schnorkles posted:

The fillibuster is really tricky, and I'm not sure with the current make-up of the senate that there are 50 votes to get rid of it on the GOP side. It's useful, even for the majority party, in a whole lot of cases.

they'll go nuclear on scotus though.

if they keep it they can claim obstructionism on stuff they dont want trump to pass.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
They will absolutely push a supreme court justice through if the dems even sniff at a fillibuster, that's gone. And they'll ram through apointees in national courts.

But it's not at all clear they'll do it on everything.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lord Protector Obama.

Yeah I don't see the GOP removing the filibuster. Then again they've decided to pass tax cuts the day after the election lol

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Captain Internet posted:

For those using the ACA, even more certain.

Even those not using it. My insurance through work finds new ways to gently caress us with each new law or change, even though linking the internal and external policies of separately incorporated entities requires some offensively creative abuse of actuarial and fiscal derivatives. Two silos trading enough shares to maximize mutuality. Completely legal, and crooked as gently caress.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

lol yea i mean one or two big things besides the supreme court pick and that bill to repeal obamacare

yeah it's gonna suck but it's not gonna be literally everything they want

:lol: If you don't think the House is going to pass dozens of poorly written, reactionary garbage bills in the first month.

Half of them will make it through the Senate.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

this would legit be 1000x worse than a trump presidency

maybe, maybe not. I'd support Obama if he did that.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

The fillibuster is really tricky, and I'm not sure with the current make-up of the senate that there are 50 votes to get rid of it on the GOP side. It's useful, even for the majority party, in a whole lot of cases.

Didn't Obama come out in favor of keeping the filibuster?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Schnorkles posted:

they won't have to, the democrats are not going to die on the hill of blocking a gop senate and president from electing scalia's replacement

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMElvPDza9Q

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nonsense posted:

Lord Protector Obama.

Yeah I don't see the GOP removing the filibuster. Then again they've decided to pass tax cuts the day after the election lol

Actually repealing the ACA is going to be real loving hard at this point and take a lonnnnggg time. We'll see what happens in the senate, but I'm not 100% convinced that its happening. Collins is probably a no vote there.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

Didn't Obama come out in favor of keeping the filibuster?

Once you cross that bridge, you can't uncross it. And even the majority wants the fillibuster. If they had 60 senators, they probably have the votes, but with only 52 I'd be surprised.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

finally, average white working class voters can get what they've been always asking for, the abolishment of the estate tax!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This was solely due to the nuclear option not being used. If the GOP uses it, as they've indicated they want to do, there is no opposition the Dems can put forth in Congress.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I keep expecting any time now someone will uncover the dumpster full of democratic votes or a "poll observer" on video taking trucks full of ballots.

Yep, any second now.

Any second.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Tom Cotton on CNN saying waterboarding is no big deal because "radio dj's volunteer to do it."

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7XXSt9XRM

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fox Ironic posted:

It's not that he loves the LGBT community, it's that if he goes full Fred Phelps (or Mike Pence for that matter) he'll get destroyed in 2020. Gay Rights are very broadly popular now. Trump knows this. His campaign managers know this. That's why he referenced the LGBT community in his nomination speech. I'm also willing to bet he thinks he can peel off queerfolk, especially White Gay and Bisexual men, from the Democratic Party. Speaking as a queer man, I know a lot of us feel abandoned by LGBTQ community, which often just feels like the L&T community these days. I'm not stupid enough to buy into that feeling as anything more than a little anxiety in certain spaces, but I know plenty of other men who are one more snide remark away from going Logcabin.

I really think that the left overplayed support for "queer" versus "confirmed bachelor". As long as LGB folk still appeared to abide by traditional family roles they were probably fine. A lot of the rhetoric really pissed off lovely people who think it's a personal insult that they need to remember if "lesbo" is hate speech.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Whiskey Sours posted:

:lol: If you don't think the House is going to pass dozens of poorly written, reactionary garbage bills in the first month.

Half of them will make it through the Senate.

i think people are gonna be surprised at how little goes through the senate

voting against poo poo or voting for poo poo that everyone knows won't pass is way easier to do in lock step than voting for poo poo that will pass

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

So has Trump tweeted anything funny? Or has that source of entertainment also been stripped from us with his win?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

Once you cross that bridge, you can't uncross it. And even the majority wants the fillibuster. If they had 60 senators, they probably have the votes, but with only 52 I'd be surprised.

This was his basic argument if I'm remembering correctly. Whatever I'm thinking of happened after he nominated Garland which is prob. why I remember it

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm graduating college in May (at age 27) and I've been planning on finding a nice stable job at a decent business and trying to become a less political person for my own sanity and general productivity. Now I feel like I have an obligation to work for an organization that will fight to protect those that our bold new rulers will try to crush, or actually start working in direct politics. Taking a normal business job feels like shirking my responsibilities now.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I keep expecting any time now someone will uncover the dumpster full of democratic votes or a "poll observer" on video taking trucks full of ballots.

Yep, any second now.

Any second.

if something like this happened you would have full on riots from both sides. The way trump was talking about it and the fact that republicans tend to project all their poo poo on everyone else though hits my funny bone.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Due to being unemployed, I may have managed to keep myself drunk for 24 hours now.

Earlier, I did make a statement that if trump has not quit by January 21 2018 I would buy everyone a drink. The bartender cut me off at that point :(

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

there's a like a half dozen gop senators at least who are against various trump proposals, and there's also ted cruz who will throw a huge poo poo fit if he's not treated like the prom queen on every bill

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Von Sloneker posted:

Tom Cotton on CNN saying waterboarding is no big deal because "radio dj's volunteer to do it."

like sean hannity!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/politico/status/796473215019339776

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

also remember that the democrats blew through like 2 years making the ppaca

trump and the gop aren't gonna ram through literally everything they want in 2 years, they'll get one, maybe two big things tops

poo poo the supreme court stuff is gonna take months itself

things take years to build, but do not take years to destroy

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/Rudnit/status/796330485257502720

This is fine. No problem. No puppet.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Cephalocidal posted:

Even those not using it. My insurance through work finds new ways to gently caress us with each new law or change, even though linking the internal and external policies of separately incorporated entities requires some offensively creative abuse of actuarial and fiscal derivatives. Two silos trading enough shares to maximize mutuality. Completely legal, and crooked as gently caress.

Blame specialty drugs being incredibly expensive to develop and produce, insurance companies, through PBMs, negotiate the shittiest deals for both customers and pharmacies/doctors offices. Reimbursement rates are awful and the only ones making money are the insurance companies.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
White woman in our parking lot with a trump sticker on her broken down car getting helped by a friendly black man who stopped with jumper cables.

America.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

This was his basic argument if I'm remembering correctly. Whatever I'm thinking of happened after he nominated Garland which is prob. why I remember it

It's dead for Scotus, or symbolically dead because the dems won't fight. They'll give them an up/down on the merits.

I'd just be surprised. Senate is a different beast from the house and there are a lot more calculations those people make. I don't think they have 50 votes to get rid of it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Schnorkles posted:

Actually repealing the ACA is going to be real loving hard at this point and take a lonnnnggg time. We'll see what happens in the senate, but I'm not 100% convinced that its happening. Collins is probably a no vote there.

Like I said before, the dog has caught the car. While the ACA is incredibly unpopular the majority of the provision are very popular and the rest of the stuff is just to make those provisions possible. I think reform is much more likely than repeal and replace because they all know it will be almost impossible to replace but when people start getting rescission letters it's going to be very, very bad for Republicans.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

also you're going to have idiot kings like marco rubio trying to look important all the time to pad their resume for 2024

i think the senate is going to be way more of a mess than people believe

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Von Sloneker posted:

didn't one volunteer to do it and after five seconds went "Jesus gently caress that's the worst holy poo poo I go back on everything I said about it"

also if it's no big deal why would it be effective in gaining intel, assuming we're now in the universe where any torture works???

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

White woman in our parking lot with a trump sticker on her broken down car getting helped by a friendly black man who stopped with jumper cables.

America.

I just had a nice friendly conversation with my neighbor while he was wearing his "Trump that Bitch" shirt. Bay area, yo.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

America.

He attached the jumper cables to her heart hopefully?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Von Sloneker posted:

yeah and the guy never actually did it.

• Locked thread