Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Uncharted 4 is a special case because the game does this weird thing where the reticle at large is not actually where the next bullet will go. There's that weird dot that shows up inside the reticle that makes it much more confusing for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Uncharted 4 is a special case because the game does this weird thing where the reticle at large is not actually where the next bullet will go. There's that weird dot that shows up inside the reticle that makes it much more confusing for me.

I think the recoil reticle was interesting and I don't recall seeing it in any game before. It's actually probably the most realistic representation of firearm recoil I've seen in a third-person shooter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I guess so, but it makes it a lot harder to line up shots, especially since the game still has the usual videogame way to represent recoil by making the screen wiggle when you fire. Every time you take a shot the reticle and the camera both move in different directions when really one or the other probably would've been fine.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

double nine posted:

alcazar is Avery, immortal because of the cup of christ dismas and he really wants another sip.

I am so stoked for this to be the case unironically

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Willie Tomg posted:

I am so stoked for this to be the case unironically

I am so looking forward to Sully having a gulp and becoming a smoke wraith. gently caress you wheel crates, our friendly abomination can just waft up the walls without you now!

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
The election is happening! I hate it! Let's take a break to look at the most advanced apple eating tech ever developed for a video game instead.

Episode 13: Spicy Bread.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Since you didn't make the joke about the mug I will:

One man's trash is another man's treasure. :v:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Those bells played the first four notes of Dies Irae.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Hey, so, I guess I have a fear of heights now.

E: Also bell towers

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I liked that in the panorama shot you could see Sam's tower down by the bay.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Thank you for bringing something good of this lovely night.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So I had a funny glitch happen at this part.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

God drat that's high up. Something about how all of that scenery is real and you've been there and you're just hanging around up on the top of a very small area...it's giving me some serious call of the void and my legs are seizing up just watching it.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
That's the sort of tower height that gives me actual stomach fluttering when jumping from it in an AC game. Nearly got some when Nate jumped from that top column.

So much for getting the clock working again. At least it looked like the one hand that fell probably landed on/through the entrance-way roof, rather than on possible people. Either way, this place is gonna have a serious repair bill ahead of it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Papers Please easter egg is pretty good, but the one in the next episode is amazing.

doctorsacred
Jan 8, 2015
So much Prince of Persia stuff in this episode. The part where Nathan stands at the end of one beam and has to time his jump through the gear is 100% Warrior Within. And the feeling of height at the top of the tower is very much like the last third of Sands of Time, where you also climb a very high tower from the outside. I love it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

doctorsacred posted:

So much Prince of Persia stuff in this episode. The part where Nathan stands at the end of one beam and has to time his jump through the gear is 100% Warrior Within. And the feeling of height at the top of the tower is very much like the last third of Sands of Time, where you also climb a very high tower from the outside. I love it.

If only we had Elika to save us whenever Drake starts destroying everything.

edit: Sullyka?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SlothfulCobra posted:

God drat that's high up. Something about how all of that scenery is real and you've been there and you're just hanging around up on the top of a very small area...it's giving me some serious call of the void and my legs are seizing up just watching it.

The sheer sense of scale a lot of modern games are pushing is absolutely awesome. It's hard to go back to older games where everything just turned to fog at like 100 meters. When you've been playing GTA V, going back to the original PS2 San Andreas is crazy, you can barely see to the end of the street.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I have never felt more uncomfortable watching someone play a videogame than with how high up everything looks in this segment. gently caress I hate heights.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, the next video has probably my favorite action set piece in the Uncharted series. It's up there with the train level.

It's also probably the closest any video game has come to emulating the final chase scene of Mad Max: Fury Road.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

this is probably the first game to ever trigger my acrophobia. not even the train part of UC2 managed that.

ulvir fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 9, 2016

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
That hand warmer looks like the orb from Guardians of the Galaxy. You know the one I'm talking about.

Also, my tinnitus got tinnitus from this episode. Ow.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Next Gen 3D platformer.

Naughty Dog, starring Victor the Dog

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Paint over same person is just the one girl who is just too awkward to introduce themselves

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
These elaborate details just make me think Naughty Dog is moving in to claim Kojima's crown. If Nathan knocked over an ice bucket, I wouldn't bet against the cubes melting at different rates based on proximity to each other.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PublicOpinion posted:

These elaborate details just make me think Naughty Dog is moving in to claim Kojima's crown. If Nathan knocked over an ice bucket, I wouldn't bet against the cubes melting at different rates based on proximity to each other.

well they have been getting better at implementing stealth into their games...

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
that whole segment seems like it was inspired by castle of cagliostro

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

bman in 2288 posted:

That hand warmer looks like the orb from Guardians of the Galaxy. You know the one I'm talking about.

Also, my tinnitus got tinnitus from this episode. Ow.

yeah
good god Nate get some earplugs
oh who am I kidding, its way too late for you

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Kuvo posted:

that whole segment seems like it was inspired by castle of cagliostro

I was thinking Castlevania and Mario 64. I guess I should watch this movie again, if anyone reading this hasn't seen it you probably should fix that. :thumbsup:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

DeafNote posted:

yeah
good god Nate get some earplugs
oh who am I kidding, its way too late for you

Destroying ancient civilizations and his eardrums

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
What's the physics on how loud a big bell would be anyway? Should it even register to someone who's job includes constantly shooting guns?

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
This game series must give archeologists and even some historians hart burn.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

cokerpilot posted:

This game series must give archeologists and even some historians hart burn.
I'm not either of those, but god, watching Nathan accidentally destroy that clocktower was just painful to watch.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
What the hell Nathan, why did you jump on the big bell? You have a perfectly functional grappling hook you could use to ring it, and even plenty of broken beams to use as pulleys!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

bbcisdabomb posted:

What the hell Nathan, why did you jump on the big bell? You have a perfectly functional grappling hook you could use to ring it, and even plenty of broken beams to use as pulleys!

"If only I had some kind of rope!" situations come up a few times in 4 I noticed, which is weird considering how much they really do use it.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I suppose it's possible that Nate looked at that and thought "Hell yeah, this is going to be amazeballs" before he jumped. I'm just glad he didn't actually lament not having a rope.

Nate is totally the kind of person who would say "amazeballs" even when it wouldn't embarrass Sully.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nate rung the bell, does that mean he gets to go to underwater Hyrule now?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

No, he has to find a second one and then go through Sen's Fortress.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

He has to buy more "authentic" artifacts from Tingle first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Technowolf posted:

No, he has to find a second one and then go through Sen's Fortress.

Nate would cheese DS enemies so hard. He would just climb some wall and steel punch them to death.

• Locked thread