Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

negromancer posted:

Yeah, not like my field in particular isn't literally hurting for workers. Those 10 emails a day I get from recruiters nationwide must all be one elaborate prank.

Yes, telling people voting for and supporting a white nationalist that they were being racist fuckgoblins is why we lost.

Maybe we should coddle their racism instead?

How about we assign them all a black person that does nothing but do all the work in their life for them! I'm sure they would love that!

Ok, so how, exactly, do you plan on shaming these white voters you despise in a manner in which they A: Care and B: Don't react to by just voting Trump again because gently caress you buddy.

Whites are the most powerful voting bloc in America. Why should they do *anything* to help someone who actively hates them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Poor whites feeling marginalized but in fact not being as such does not change their feeling about being marginalized and a refusal to engage with them despite this is conceding such a huge base of voters to policies so many of you hate that it's a wonder any of you think you'll ever win a single other election.

You can't win elections in this country without telling lovely people what they want to hear. It's scary and painful, but honestly you have to offer reactionaries something to cling to other than racism, otherwise they'll obviously just go with racism.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Let me help you out since you seen to be having some trouble. I'll admit that say 20% of Trumps supporters are actual racist white supremacist. The rest of them are people who got hosed by the government letting companies use free trade to suck wages and jobs out of this country. That includes a few million hispanics and blacks who voted for Trump. The fact that you can't seperate the two groups in your mind and insist on insulting as racist people who want structural economic reform is bizzare. People like you are the reason the Dems are going to lose again in 4 years.

And yes, its true that Donald is unlikely to provide any of that reform, but HIllary and the dems never even offered to try, and furthermore insist that anyone who asks for it must be a retarded racist.

well that's not entirely true, one dem did and was very popular for it. who was that. i forget

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Bhaal posted:

One thing I think we all need to do is stop talking like 2020 is our next shot at doing something. 2018 is going to be a bloodbath as it is and right now in the wake of this hot mess of 2016 is the time to reinforce a message of "Remember this in 2 years, and get off your rear end and vote to stop it from getting worse"

The nature of the House and Senate map is such that there is basically no chance of the Dems making significant gains in 2018, unfortunately. It'll be more about avoiding losses than anything.

Let me help you out since you seen to be having some trouble. I'll admit that say 20% of Trumps supporters are actual racist white supremacist. The rest of them are people who got hosed by the government letting companies use free trade to suck wages and jobs out of this country. That includes a few million hispanics and blacks who voted for Trump. The fact that you can't seperate the two groups in your mind and insist on insulting as racist people who want structural economic reform is bizzare. People like you are the reason the Dems are going to lose again in 4 years.

And yes, its true that Donald is unlikely to provide any of that reform, but HIllary and the dems never even offered to try, and furthermore insist that anyone who asks for it must be a retarded racist.

Maybe they just wanted structural economic reform. But that doesn't change the fact that they knowingly voted for an openly racist candidate. Whether his racism was the reason they voted for him is irrelevant. What matters is that to these people, his racism wasn't enough of a reason NOT to vote for him. How could that be anything but racist?

corn in the bible posted:

or you could have voted for bernie sanders

yeah, because turning all their candidates into milquetoast Trump knockoffs worked really well for the RNC

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

fadam posted:

I'm not saying its right or anything, but racists and misogynists vote.

how do you feel they should have been more considered?

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

1. Hillary wanted to help poor people everywhere and believed it was possible in a world with free trade

2. Donald was allied with both Republicans and white supremacists and insistingbthat ignoring that is okay pretty much makes you complicit

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

or you could have voted for bernie sanders

I tried that. Filled out the ballot and everything.

Funny thing though, a few months latter there was another election and he wasn't on the ballot.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
This is an accelerationist's dream. I hope you goddamn idiots enjoy this.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

JawKnee posted:

how do you feel they should have been more considered?

In the future we should count white male votes as 2/3rds a vote.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Not a Step posted:

Whites are the most powerful voting bloc in America. Why should they do *anything* to help someone who actively hates them?

I would think , providing the given people were actually wanting to think along these lines (and also actually vote), that poor people would be the most powerful voting bloc in america

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Let me help you out since you seen to be having some trouble. I'll admit that say 20% of Trumps supporters are actual racist white supremacist. The rest of them are people who got hosed by the government letting companies use free trade to suck wages and jobs out of this country. That includes a few million hispanics and blacks who voted for Trump. The fact that you can't separate the two groups in your mind and insist on insulting as racist people who want structural economic reform is bizarre. People like you are the reason the Dems are going to lose again in 4 years.

And yes, its true that Donald is unlikely to provide any of that reform, but Hillary and the dems never even offered to try, and furthermore insist that anyone who asks for it must be a retarded racist.

Hillary didn't run on a platform of increasing minimum wage and pouring money into trade schools and community colleges?

It's crazy watching people try to rewrite history in real loving time.

And personally, I don't give a poo poo who or what group voted to further white supremacy. If you vote for a white supremacist, you're a racist. Racism against PoC sometimes comes from other PoC. We have to deal with things like colorism and the like, and the hispanics that voted more likely than not pass the paper bag test so they will be insulated from most of the issues.

So, if you voted to further enhance racism and sexism, congrats, you're a racist and sexist and should be reminded as much until they prove otherwise. No one should be tolerant of intolerance and coddle idiots.

The structural economic reform they want just is not possible. Bullshit fucky gently caress factory jobs are gone, period. IF you don't know know to do poo poo but put part A into slot B you were already turbofucked, and they only thing they are voting for is less competiton (read: open racial discrimination) in the workplace so they can once again acquire jobs they are wildly unqualified for, but virtue of being white.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

yeah, because turning all their candidates into milquetoast Trump knockoffs worked really well for the RNC

do you just, like, not know how an election works?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

disjoe posted:

lol I'd love to see them jack up student loan rates.

I'm not paying that poo poo off anyway. Let a bunch of companies rely on 10% interest from mine and others' loans and watch them burn to the ground when no payments come.

And they'll replace the ACA. They'll let insurance companies compete across state lines! It'll be great!

I hope you like wage garnishments for the rest of your life because that's what'll happen. The holder of your student loans isn't going to just shrug and say 'oh well' when you decide to stop paying them. They'll take you to court. And they will win.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

do you just, like, not know how an election works?

says the "should have voted Bernie" guy

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Who would have thought it was the mainstream Democrats that would force accelerationistm on the country and not the weirdo super anarcho leftists.

Also I'm laughing grimly at the people saying that you can vote for the man running on an explicitly racist platform based on one line you like and pretend you aren't a racist. Maybe the horror is yes that many people in this country are actually racist.

People can vote for the racist candidate and who wins because he's supported by them but also because the other candidate ran a bad campaign and was damaged from 30 years of attacks.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 10, 2016

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
the results of the election are all because of racism and not at all because of an uninspiring candidate who people didn't wanna vote for - goon wisdom that's sure to help the cause of the left in upcoming elections

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Not a Step posted:

Ok, so how, exactly, do you plan on shaming these white voters you despise in a manner in which they A: Care and B: Don't react to by just voting Trump again because gently caress you buddy.

You have it backwards.

THEY hate US. They always have. Why the gently caress should we be the ones extending any olive branch when they pretty much try to gently caress us at every turn when we do?

gently caress that noise.

They need to come to the table and actually try not to be racist and sexist shitheads, then we can work together.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Maybe they just wanted structural economic reform. But that doesn't change the fact that they knowingly voted for an openly racist candidate. Whether his racism was the reason they voted for him is irrelevant. What matters is that to these people, his racism wasn't enough of a reason NOT to vote for him. How could that be anything but racist?

The racism of white people is inescapable. Writing them off as portions of the electorate, however, is very avoidable, and indeed their actual fears can be used to promote good things. The Dems chose instead to ignore and ridicule their fears. To restructure and rebuild, the idea is to take those fears and identify what positive policies can be promoted with them.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Moxie posted:

1. Hillary wanted to help poor people everywhere and believed it was possible in a world with free trade

2. Donald was allied with both Republicans and white supremacists and insistingbthat ignoring that is okay pretty much makes you complicit

She was obviously wrong, as voters could see for themselves over the last two decades.
My point, is that the dems need to peel Trumps working class voters away from the white supremacist core to win future elections. That can't happen because idiots like you and negromancer insist that those two groups are the same.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Hey everyone who feels like poo poo right now.

Now's not the time to play the blame game, the Bernie-would-have-won game, and so on. You got other tools to fight with.

Organize.

Unionize.

Demonstrate.

Go on strike.

How?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i propose we use the most useful metric of all to measure if hillary was a good choice of candidate: it's called "an election"

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I would plead consideration that "no war but class war" is rightfully derided but by the same token "No war but culture war" is equally vapid and a proven Republican victory method so I'm not sure why we insist on dying on that hill.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I'd love to see them bring factory jobs back from China. You get room and board in a barracks and maybe $2 an hour. You get a day off a month and no safety equipment.

What? You won't work under those conditions? It's not as if there's any welfare any more. Factory or beg, your choice.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Radish posted:

Who would have thought it was the mainstream Democrats that would force accelerationistm on the country and not the weirdo super anarcho leftists.

hillary clinton, the american ed miliband

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

negromancer posted:

You have it backwards.

THEY hate US. They always have. Why the gently caress should we be the ones extending any olive branch when they pretty much try to gently caress us at every turn when we do?

gently caress that noise.

They need to come to the table and actually try not to be racist and sexist shitheads, then we can work together.

Don't wait for that.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

negromancer posted:

Hillary didn't run on a platform of increasing minimum wage and pouring money into trade schools and community colleges?

It's crazy watching people try to rewrite history in real loving time.

And personally, I don't give a poo poo who or what group voted to further white supremacy. If you vote for a white supremacist, you're a racist. Racism against PoC sometimes comes from other PoC. We have to deal with things like colorism and the like, and the hispanics that voted more likely than not pass the paper bag test so they will be insulated from most of the issues.

So, if you voted to further enhance racism and sexism, congrats, you're a racist and sexist and should be reminded as much until they prove otherwise. No one should be tolerant of intolerance and coddle idiots.

The structural economic reform they want just is not possible. Bullshit fucky gently caress factory jobs are gone, period. IF you don't know know to do poo poo but put part A into slot B you were already turbofucked, and they only thing they are voting for is less competiton (read: open racial discrimination) in the workplace so they can once again acquire jobs they are wildly unqualified for, but virtue of being white.

They could see from her record that that she wasn't gonna keep those promises.
And if you think that the structural economic reforms can't happen then you might as well give up now.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

She was obviously wrong, as voters could see for themselves over the last two decades.
My point, is that the dems need to peel Trumps working class voters away from the white supremacist core to win future elections. That can't happen because idiots like you and negromancer insist that those two groups are the same.

I said complicit. We're talking Wehrmacht versus SS here. I guess you can die on that hill tho

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

negromancer posted:

This attitude is not how adults solve problems in literally any situation.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

BarbarianElephant posted:

I'd love to see them bring factory jobs back from China. You get room and board in a barracks and maybe $2 an hour. You get a day off a month and no safety equipment.

What? You won't work under those conditions? It's not as if there's any welfare any more. Factory or beg, your choice.

Neo-feudalism ho!

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

hillary clinton, the american ed miliband

does that make Bernie Jeremy Corbyn?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Captain Magic posted:

Except it literally just worked for the republicans.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Rexicon1 posted:

This is an accelerationist's dream. I hope you goddamn idiots enjoy this.

Things are coming fast. Trump floating Bobby Jindal as Sec. of Health and Human Services. He was so terrible at Governor that he got a Democrat elected Governor in Louisiana. He also created a budget hole so large that it was proposed at one time to cut all public funding to the county hospital in the largest county in Louisiana. Somehow Jindal also cut services for Medicaid / Medicare in the state.

This will be terrible. At this point, the Democrats should not filibuster legislation. If they filibuster, they may be seen as causing bad things to happen by not letting the Republicans govern and things will be marginally less terrible. If they don't filibuster, Republicans will own everything.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

typically people solve problems by finding others who can identify and help with those problems; or I guess in some situations they can pretend they're randian supermen who can do everything themselves.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
lmao at the death spiral of liberals here in this thread and pretty much everywhere else

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Not a Step posted:

Well, let's turn that around. Why should black voters do anything to help white people, who not only actively hate them but have monopolized the power of the state to oppress them for literal centuries? Why should they be obligated to give a poo poo what whites think? Why should equal rights for minorities be something that white people yank away any time they feel like minorities aren't being sufficiently grateful to their white overlords?

Easier said than done, because Trump's working-class voters have already demonstrated that they are absolutely fine with white supremacism and that it is a sufficently reassuring ideology to help their fears and fix their problems, and that they're tired of "PC" liberals coming in and telling them they can't joke about assaulting women and beating minorities anymore.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lote posted:

Things are coming fast. Trump floating Bobby Jindal as Sec. of Health and Human Services. He was so terrible at Governor that he got a Democrat elected Governor in Louisiana. He also created a budget hole so large that it was proposed at one time to cut all public funding to the county hospital in the largest county in Louisiana. Somehow Jindal also cut services for Medicaid / Medicare in the state.

This will be terrible. At this point, the Democrats should not filibuster legislation. If they filibuster, they may be seen as causing bad things to happen by not letting the Republicans govern and things will be marginally less terrible. If they don't filibuster, Republicans will own everything.

Gerald Kaufman, everybody. Gerald Kaufman!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Obama would have stomped Trump. You don't need his racist supporters, you need the people that didn't feel like voting for Clinton. Also she won the popular vote so she's actually more liked nationally than Trump by that metric.

America has been insulated from what monsters the Republicans have become through a media that ignores their abuses and Obama who generally stops them from going all in on crazy. They are going to be really shocked at what happens and don't see it coming.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 10, 2016

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Azuth0667 posted:

Except it literally just worked for the republicans.

You mean how they listened to angry people and offered them something they wanted despite them historically disagreeing?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
welcome to your four years of Russian vacation, America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

JawKnee posted:

I would think , providing the given people were actually wanting to think along these lines (and also actually vote), that poor people would be the most powerful voting bloc in america

Nah. Identity politics trump class politics by design. You have all these idiots running around talking about black problems and hispanic problems so the logical extension is white problems. Nobody talks about poor problems, and when Bernie tried to he got called a racist and was overwhelmingly rejected by black people.

Captain Magic posted:

Poor whites feeling marginalized but in fact not being as such does not change their feeling about being marginalized and a refusal to engage with them despite this is conceding such a huge base of voters to policies so many of you hate that it's a wonder any of you think you'll ever win a single other election.

You can't win elections in this country without telling lovely people what they want to hear. It's scary and painful, but honestly you have to offer reactionaries something to cling to other than racism, otherwise they'll obviously just go with racism.

lol how do you not grasp intersectionality? You are the worst woke person ever. Poor + white is an intersectional group stripped of power and oppressed by the wealthy elites. Take some sociology 101 you derp.

• Locked thread