Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Oh god I love this. gently caress Trump and his supporters. We will not stop fighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFwRkNWx-n0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Just a reminder of how far America has shifted to the right: the EPA was created by a republican president

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

honestly the worst thing a republican can do right now is gently caress up climate change more, which trump is doing by putting a climate change denier in charge of the epa

small victories: at least itll speed up the pace of florida being consumed by the ocean

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

ADINSX posted:

Just a reminder of how far America has shifted to the right: the EPA was created by a republican president

So was social security I'm retarded. :ssh:

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 10, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sagebrush posted:

there were swastikas and a trump 2016 drawn on the classroom whiteboard this morning

i don't even

people were correct about the internet being used to radicalize people, problem is its white boys not muslims

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

grab em in the pussy lol!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
At least we got legal weed in California.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

trilljester posted:

yeah that's nice. hope it trickles down to texas some time

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

no, it's definitely making me introspective: i am one of the liberal elites. i don't have any loving clue what the average american wants. i assumed that the majority of the country would hold their nose and vote for continued slight improvements instead of hitching their wagon to a burning train and riding it right off the rails

but i was misinformed.

the democrats like any political group containing subgroups has always taken the union/blue collar vote for granted. theres a reason the gop despite having all the power multiple times has never delivered on a single promise for the religious right: theyll never vote democratic so theres no reason to. thats the same reason dems have never done anything for lgbt rights or unions b/c what are they going to do vote republican?

the fact is that coastal elites dont gaf about anyone not in a major city and thats why whenever a candidate actually acknowledges their existence like reagan did in 1980 or gwb did in 2000 or obama did in 2008 or trump did in 2016 they switch allegiance

granted this gains those voters nothing but the fact is that the status quo is bad enough that anyone claiming to be doing anything differently is preferable no matter what baggage comes with them

"continued slight improvements" are worthless when all economic gains are funneled away from them and tbh morality issues like "wont oppress gays/blacks/muslims" are further down on the list than "havent had a job paying above minimum wage in a decade" when you arent gay black or muslim

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

trilljester posted:

God I hope new york is next.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkm2Vfj42FY

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

same

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i like this guy a lot. i bought his book, although i haven't gotten around to reading it yet :blush:

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Is it me or is Will Wheaton starting to look a like David Mitchell? It's a curse that will befall every man :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I have real problems with this outcome since all my colleagues' and my careers live and die by Department of Energy science funding. The Bush years were Real Bad™ and I probably should have taken a hint do so something else at that point. Any time there's budget gridlock everything stalls because of fear of getting stuck on the wrong side of continuing resolutions. Any time the government would threaten to shut down we had to make accommodations to travel and work around that. I'm supposed to interview at a DOE lab for a staff position next month and I have real pause if I would take it now or if I should finally bite the bullet and go get a job in the real world.

I don't even know if there's going to BE a department of energy, if it would be functional at all, or if I'm going to be sent squishing blocks of uranium together in a joint Soviet/US science gulag. I feel the very best I can reasonably hope for is about the same but stagnant funding under Energy Secretary Palin

but no one loving knows because policy wasn't a loving issue this cycle and it sure as gently caress is going to get thought out at the last loving minute on what people who literally get their worldview from TV think science should be

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

Jonny seems to get really mad when people improve their situation by opportunistically moving around

it's a strangely regressive attitude coming from a guy who did exactly that, just without moving as far as the people he's upset with

yeah this is kinda baffling to me

along with his apparent belief that everywhere outside of the usa has lovely healthcare, which is so diametrically opposite to the truth that every time i see it i just start shaking my head like a cat with a piece of tape stuck to its nose

i mean i luv ya jonny but what the hell

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

minato posted:

watch trump start a loving war

late on emptyquoting this because i was too busy drowning in liquor and then going to work

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

there was a great article linked here not long ago about how to make these

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

one loving year off

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

one loving year off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_iL8TtPOt0

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah this is kinda baffling to me

along with his apparent belief that everywhere outside of the usa has lovely healthcare, which is so diametrically opposite to the truth that every time i see it i just start shaking my head like a cat with a piece of tape stuck to its nose

i mean i luv ya jonny but what the hell

i think the point he was making is not that other countries have inferior healthcare, it's that a potential immigrant wouldn't get to reap the benefits of that healthcare for a very long time while they go through the process of trying to immigrate, all the while having the potential to be denied anyway

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
well i honestly don't know about everywhere else but in oz it was dead easy and not expensive. if you come through on a perm res visa you're covered literally the day the visa application is submitted. if you come through on a temporary work visa you have to get private insurance but i paid like $100/mo for p dece coverage for the wife and myself, and it took like an hour to set up.

i mean it may be worse elsewhere but as someone who's actually done that, my experience is that it's dead easy and fast af

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the australian medicare system itself can be a bit convoluted the first few times, i have to say. there are some places where you pay out of pocket and get reimbursed, some places where you don't pay out of pocket at the time of service but the govt. sends you a check which you then forward to the doc (which is loving weird), and some where there's direct billing from the doc to the govt so you just walk in and out and never have to handle any money at all.

basically any one of those systems is fine, the confusing bit is that different places have different practices. overall still not much of a hassle, you just have to figure out which way they're doing things at the particular place you're going to

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Trig Discipline posted:

the australian medicare system itself can be a bit convoluted the first few times, i have to say. there are some places where you pay out of pocket and get reimbursed, some places where you don't pay out of pocket at the time of service but the govt. sends you a check which you then forward to the doc (which is loving weird), and some where there's direct billing from the doc to the govt so you just walk in and out and never have to handle any money at all.

basically any one of those systems is fine, the confusing bit is that different places have different practices. overall still not much of a hassle, you just have to figure out which way they're doing things at the particular place you're going to

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/acidhunk/status/796097256206151680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/acidhunk/status/796241211480641536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Thanks, Hilton

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

https://twitter.com/MkBlyth/status/796392986011639810

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the other end of that is that i have a hosed up shoulder and just had a visit with a gp, an ultrasound, another visit with the gp, and an ultrasound-guided prednisone injection and i paid fuckall out of pocket. it's p great

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

the other end of that is that i have a hosed up shoulder and just had a visit with a gp, an ultrasound, another visit with the gp, and an ultrasound-guided prednisone injection and i paid fuckall out of pocket. it's p great

I was chatting with a former coworker from Mississippi who's afraid that once Obamacare is repealed the insurance company is going to drop his dad, who's medical bills totaled 1.9 million dollars last year.

He's probably right.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
yeah as i get older (as gently caress) i see more and more people from back home in OK putting gofundme sites up to fund medical care poo poo and it's incredibly depressing. artist friend of mine had some sort of cancer thingy and literally had to have a crowdfunding campaign to put her uterus and rectum back together or back where they belonged or something

oh god i just realized she passed up a loving amazing opportunity to abuse the term "stretch goals"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

this is really good

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

there was a great article linked here not long ago about how to make these

aside from the dev window in chrome?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Shaggar posted:

this is really good

It is, I like the bit where he talks about brexit and how it was really about poverty not racism. Nice palette cleanser after reading posts by d&d idiots going hurr everyone who voted for brexit is a racist, ignoring the real reasons it happened then having the same thing happen in America.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kuvo posted:

aside from the dev window in chrome?

that or if you want those retweets it's just a matter of making a private account on twitter or fb or whatever, making private posts that have every possible outcome and then deleting all but the right one before you open the account.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The other night I was talking to my elderly Ukrainian landlord and he was explaining to me how a groundhog had dug a hole under the scrubby bush in the front yard and killed the roots, and that's why he finally had to "delete it" :3:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that or if you want those retweets it's just a matter of making a private account on twitter or fb or whatever, making private posts that have every possible outcome and then deleting all but the right one before you open the account.

Yeah but wouldn't they then have no retweets or likes or any other acknowledgments that the post had existed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

yeah, i just reposted this a bunch of places because its super good

fuckin' o-u-c-h

• Locked thread