Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol welp bought more Dew and Doritos codes because I feel like being Santa and they're cheap.

Yo if I send you codes make sure you actually use them.....

If you haven't used the dew and doritos promo yet reply here and I'll PM you three codes. If I already sent you codes but you didn't get what you wanted also reply and I'll send you two more.

A reminder: you get a chance at the three things (execution, warpaint, and early ronin access) I got them all with four so it's a good chance. As well as double xp and a coliseum ticket. The exclusive target camo that works on all titans is something separate.

If you still have codes please and thank you for helping my giant robot children do the dew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0YGYTzTgmc

Moments like this are why I love this game :allears:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Antoine Silvere posted:

Yesterday I sniped 3 enemy pilots while they were mid jump towards getting into the dropship.

With Northstar :allears:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Hey guys! What's performance like in T2? My friend is trying to decide whether to get it on pc or ps4. His computer is a little behind the times but he can run Overwatch at 60 if that makes a difference.

edit: Oh, and he just told me he has a Radeon 6850 so I think I might already know my answer lol

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

PantsBandit posted:

Hey guys! What's performance like in T2? My friend is trying to decide whether to get it on pc or ps4. His computer is a little behind the times but he can run Overwatch at 60 if that makes a difference.

edit: Oh, and he just told me he has a Radeon 6850 so I think I might already know my answer lol

Afaik it still runs on Source so it shouldn't be too demanding. I think origin offers a pretty good return policy, too. I'd suggest looking into that and then maybe refunding it if it doesn't run well? I can't imagine playing this game without a mouse.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Jumping on TF2 craze tonight on XB1. What guns/loadouts should I whore out?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol welp bought more Dew and Doritos codes because I feel like being Santa and they're cheap.

Hey thanks man, used my codes and got the execution. :tipshat:

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

If you haven't used the dew and doritos promo yet reply here and I'll PM you three codes. If I already sent you codes but you didn't get what you wanted also reply and I'll send you two more.

A reminder: you get a chance at the three things (execution, warpaint, and early ronin access) I got them all with four so it's a good chance. As well as double xp and a coliseum ticket. The exclusive target camo that works on all titans is something separate.

I'd like codes if you have any left.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Antoine Silvere posted:

The Epilogue was a totally genius idea on the part of Respawn

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

The Epilogue was a totally genius idea on the part of Respawn

It's truly a loving great part of the game

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
More running into poo poo, and charge hack totally shores up not having a long range primary

https://giant.gfycat.com/PhysicalUnpleasantDouglasfirbarkbeetle.webm
https://giant.gfycat.com/MarvelousFineImperatorangel.webm

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I wish it was harder to blow up the transport, like it was in TF1. There it was rare enough to feel special, now it happens almost every game.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

PantsBandit posted:

Regardless of what they even say the minimum specs are, give it a shot, unless there is a make or break hardware thing his card doesn't have. Respawn has some wizards on staff who have gotten Dynamic Resolution scaling and Dynamic V sync working on PC and it keeps the game pretty darn smooth all things considered, and my rig is old/slow. Phenom x4 955 (3.2 ghz) and R7 260x. I'm sure I dip near 30 during crazy poo poo but the scaling and dynamic vsync are huge. They keep the tearing from being unbearable and keep me around 60 most of the time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Afaik it still runs on Source so it shouldn't be too demanding.

Engine hardware requirements don't work like that.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

If you have any extras I'll take it please!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Attention thread: this is a pro-click right here

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Lemon-Lime posted:

Source games generally scale well in my experience. I know I've played games on machines lower than the suggested minimum requirements. :shrug:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

faantastic posted:

Any of the AR's are good. Add HAIL KING BEAR, we usually have a group of 6-8 playing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

faantastic posted:

The EPG, because everybody else plays a more regular shooter while you're playing Tribes.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 9, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mordja posted:

The EMG, because everybody else plays a more regular shooter while you're playing Tribes.

*EPG :science:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

You gotta crouch slide to maintain your momentum my friend

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Antoine Silvere posted:

It's pronounced "CHOWDAH!"

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Holopilot is amazing and funny. Not the most practical, but seeing people spraying wildly at your idiot clone, or sending a fake version of yourself to run down a suspect corridor only to be met with a wall of lead, makes for some really great moments.

I love it when it goes just right and a near-death experience becomes an easy kill.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Quick offtopic question - where is your cool avatar from?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How long does a full character level up thing take? I've seen dudes at G3 or 4 already and I thought that would take a while? Are there bonuses or ways to speed it up? Also what is the coliseum? They really ought to have a multiplayer tutorial or something.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'm averaging 20 hours per Gen

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If codes are still being sent out I would be grateful for the help towards getting the execution, please.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Stan Taylor posted:

How long does a full character level up thing take? I've seen dudes at G3 or 4 already and I thought that would take a while? Are there bonuses or ways to speed it up? Also what is the coliseum? They really ought to have a multiplayer tutorial or something.

If you use the dewritos codes going around during happy hour you'll get a bunch of xp. I think I went from G2.40 to G2.43 after one 2x XP Happy Hour

I'm debating buying more of that garbage so I can unlock woodland tiger camo for everything

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 10, 2016

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Lakbay posted:

If you use the dewritos codes going around during happy hour you'll get a bunch of xp. I think I went from G2.40 to G2.43 after one 2x XP Happy Hour
Does it actually double the happy hour xp? I tried that once and it didn't seem to have any effect.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It totally does I got 10 extra merits instead of 5, I think you have to game it a bit and use the code on your happy hour match when it says "X minutes of happy hour remain"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

I never realized how powerful stealing batteries actually is. Even if you don't get away, you pretty much get a full titan meter.

I frequently run suicide missions just to grab or place batteries. So many titans.

The best part about bounty hunt is that as long as you hold onto your cash you can die like a motherfucker. There's really no downside to the point that people can't even see your deaths on the scoreboard.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

You gotta crouch slide to maintain your momentum my friend

1. It was 6:30 am and I was not at my finest
2. I still made it :colbert:

Knifegrab posted:

It's pronounced "CHOWDAH!"

Cut the cheddah

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

veni veni veni posted:

I frequently run suicide missions just to grab or place batteries. So many titans.

The best part about bounty hunt is that as long as you hold onto your cash you can die like a motherfucker. There's really no downside to the point that people can't even see your deaths on the scoreboard.

The best thing about bounty hunt is banking your cash, then running a suicide mission to gently caress with enemy titans/pilots. Killing a pilot with no cash nets :10bux:. Whoopty doo.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I used credits to unlock Low Profile and I seem to have the benefit of it but deathskulls are still appearing on my HUD.

made sure its selected in my loadout like five times already :confused:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

out of codes, might buy more for early x-mas presents for y'all. They're quite cheap anyways

-nvm I'm an idiot and got a bunch for super cheap

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

:homebrew:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 10, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The best thing about bounty hunt is banking your cash, then running a suicide mission to gently caress with enemy titans/pilots. Killing a pilot with no cash nets :10bux:. Whoopty doo.

Yeah it's pretty great to get a team that actually understands the ebb and flow of Bounty and when to switch between NPCs and Pilots

Conversely it's really poo poo to get a team that doesn't and oh no you have zero titans at the end of the first wave oh nooooo

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

zolthorg posted:

I used credits to unlock Low Profile and I seem to have the benefit of it but deathskulls are still appearing on my HUD.

made sure its selected in my loadout like five times already :confused:
You still get notified of teammates death, while Kill Report shows where enemies have died.
It's not that useless since it can give you better advanced warning on where enemies are likely to come from, but Low Profile is definitely the best possible kit choice of the four avaiable.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Source games generally scale well in my experience. I know I've played games on machines lower than the suggested minimum requirements. :shrug:

Just because Source engine games developed by Valve have historically been generous to lower-end machines doesn't mean a game developed by Respawn on a heavily modified Source engine is going to behave well with stuff under the minimum hardware requirements, basically.

Spacedad posted:

Quick offtopic question - where is your cool avatar from?

It's art of Makoto from Street Fighter: http://makotokoji.tumblr.com/post/139573241879/sf-makoto-fan-art-3-xx

Bonus: http://makotokoji.tumblr.com/post/139755684144/ibuki-donchan-3-xx http://makotokoji.tumblr.com/post/139512149499/sakura-sf-fan-art-continues-xx http://makotokoji.tumblr.com/post/139386547549/street-fighter-5-release-day-today-heres-my

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Huh, all this time I thought it was a stylized Akane from Ranma 1/2 and you were another victim of that Lum avatar person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

:homebrew:

I got one code from the other goon and got the execution just from that one, but I'd appreciate a couple more XP boosts! It feels like everyone else is way ahead of me and I want to try fun stuff.