Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TotalLossBrain posted:

Edit: Here's the freakout I saw on CNN last night:

I get it, it's upsetting. I'm upset, too. But come on.

They are afraid (more accurately anxious or dreading) that the next morning they are going to have to explain to their children that their country elected a bully and a bigot, contrary to everything they've tried their children before.

They are not afraid of Captain Crunch and orange juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who What Now posted:

They are afraid (more accurately anxious or dreading) that the next morning they are going to have to explain to their children that their country elected a bully and a bigot, contrary to everything they've tried their children before.

Are you talking about Donald Trump or George Washington?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've had zero iosm to be honest, and everything is pretty great.

This is fine.
Everything is fine.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

More people should share Will Laren's stuff rather than that awful Simpsons cartoon guy.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

TotalLossBrain posted:

I work in research and I'm plenty concerned over what the next few years will look like. More than half of the people I work with are 'red badges' (foreign nationals) and it'll be interesting (is that right word?) to see what will happen. Our management has already gotten word over the past few months that foreign nationals are not to work on certain projects. This isn't related to whether or not its a classified or even just OUO project - it's simply about subject matter.
Trump planned to appoint someone who doesn't believe in climate change, and we now have both a president and a vice president that don't believe in climate change. I'm not saying death is imminent, but it's pretty bad.

e: Here's an article from Breitbart smugly talking about the liberal left losing the "battle" (their scarequotes, not mine) against climate change. The article quotes Newsweek, portraying all of this as a good thing:

quote:

Ebell is sometimes described as climate denier-in-chief, and he revels in it, crowing in his biography that he’s been called one of the leading “misleaders” on climate change and “villain of the month” by one environmental group.
[...]
Ebell is also the chairman of the Cooler Heads Coalition, more than two dozen nonprofit groups “that question global warming alarmism and oppose energy rationing policies,” according to the coalition’s website. Those positions line up nicely with Trump’s goals, which include “saving” the coal industry, reviving the Keystone XL oil pipeline and expanding offshore oil drilling.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/428418323660165120

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Nov 9, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my aunt is still going

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

TotalLossBrain posted:

Holy poo poo according to my fb feed, this is the end of civilization. Lots of meltdowns in one form or another.

I've already seen death threats directed at Trump on my fb feed. They were deleted before I could screenshot them.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

I get it, it's upsetting. I'm upset, too. But come on.

Fear is a legitimate response for most people who aren't straight, white, christian, male, and/or not working poor.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Someone really needs to tell would-be Trump assassins about Mike Pence.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Guest2553 posted:

Fear is a legitimate response for most people who aren't straight, white, christian, male, and/or not working poor.

Let me just pretend nothing bad will happen ok?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Elysiume posted:

Trump planned to appoint someone who doesn't believe in climate change, and we now have both a president and a vice president that don't believe in climate change. I'm not saying death is imminent, but it's pretty bad.

e: Here's an article from Breitbart smugly talking about the liberal left losing the "battle" (their scarequotes, not mine) against climate change. The article quotes Newsweek, portraying all of this as a good thing:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/428418323660165120

Come on at least post his best climate change tweet:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265895292191248385

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I wouldn't even say a tad dramatic. If Trump not only ignores climate change, but further subsidizes coal and natural gas and backs out of Paris agreement other countries might follow suit. Then if you have the whole world ignoring it you could very easily see very drastic consequences, maybe not extinction level event but will displace millions and cost trillions, so I think the climate change concerns are some the least dramatic reactions.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Clearly this country needs to come together and heal. Cornell students are taking a brave first step with their cry-in

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish there was a device that lets you peak into an alternate reality and show it to people to prove to them they would be doing the same drat poo poo if the tables were turned.

No clue what the point of a cry-in is, though.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Who What Now posted:

My partner's nephews woke up this morning and cried at the breakfast table because they voted for Hillary in their elementary school election and they thought he was scary and they knew that we didn't want him to win, nor did their parents. A friend is a kindergarten teacher and said parents came in this morning visibly upset, but her students were very calm and one wrote her a note saying sorry for being loud earlier in the week. Kids know when stress levels are high around them.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Ularg posted:

i'd imagine it's like this, but for really lame people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDNBpjkdzw

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Ularg posted:

Good point, I'll inform the left-of-center triumvirate at once and let you know what the liberal hive mind decides through our leftist spokesperson.

Captain Candyblood
Aug 19, 2013

*The worse insults for the likpas and phallos as well.
If you're gonna cry anyway, you might as well not do it alone?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Immolat1on posted:

I wouldn't even say a tad dramatic. If Trump not only ignores climate change, but further subsidizes coal and natural gas and backs out of Paris agreement other countries might follow suit. Then if you have the whole world ignoring it you could very easily see very drastic consequences, maybe not extinction level event but will displace millions and cost trillions, so I think the climate change concerns are some the least dramatic reactions.

So when does China invade Anchorage?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQOmDUnt8Hs

"If I'm gonna cry, I don't need your shoulder" Vixen

As usual, all girl hair metal bands of the 90s have got it sorted.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Friend of a friend of mine. That's right, can't even go to Chicago because of all the murders.

(total coincidence that the person who posted this once moved to another seat at a bar when someone with a different skin color sat down next to them.)

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:59 on Nov 10, 2016

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
No one tell that guy about the 5 million people that bum rushed Chicago last week and didn't get murdered.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MisterBibs posted:

Friend of a friend of mine. That's right, can't even go to Chicago because of all the murders.

(total coincidence that the person who posted this once moved to another seat at a bar when someone with a different skin color sat down next to them.)

Well yeah, some weirdo at a train station might ask you and your fiancee creepy questions and you'll have to hide in a Subway and call the police.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

JT Smiley posted:

No one tell that guy about the 5 million people that bum rushed Chicago last week and didn't get murdered.

I still can't loving get over this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOqBDNcAIhg

What a shithole

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

JT Smiley posted:

I feel like we shouldn't concentrate on the ones who didn't get murdered but rather the 29 who did

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

People who look nothing like Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels happen to rule neighboring countries. Coincidence????

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Mak0rz posted:

People who look nothing like Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels happen to rule neighboring countries. Coincidence????

Sheeple, wake up! How are those odds? It cant be a coincidence

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

TotalLossBrain posted:

Clearly this country needs to come together and heal. Cornell students are taking a brave first step with their cry-in

Mark Townshend doesn't understand the electoral college.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
My friend's inlaws are a class act.

If I could post a picture of red, I would. Suffice it to say, he's not exactly a catch.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

hyperhazard posted:

My friend's inlaws are a class act.

If I could post a picture of red, I would. Suffice it to say, he's not exactly a catch.

drat red, what an elegant backpedal

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ularg posted:

He also just posted this:

quote:

my religion says defending or supporting a SIN (that's what it is people...) is just as damning as the sin itself.

Jesus Christ: Known sinner for teaching "love thy neighbor" no matter what.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Where does this whole liberal=ugly thing come from? Has anyone ever seen a Trump rally? Not all lookers but a long shot.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Where does this whole liberal=ugly thing come from? Has anyone ever seen a Trump rally? Not all lookers but a long shot.

Fox News hires women based on attractiveness.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Holy poo poo according to my fb feed, this is the end of civilization. Lots of meltdowns in one form or another.
I didn't get a screenshot, but some guy commented on an article about Trump's EPA appointment: "This will usher in unchecked climate change and will end most life on the planet in 50 years"

Ok then. I don't like Trump either, but I am not so sure global extinction is the logical consequence.

no but first strikeing with a nuke will. of which he basically said he would do.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Imgur, for once, isn't 100% terrible.

http://imgur.com/gallery/nPASu

Replies are about 20% "HA HA, I KNOW RIGHT", 30% "gently caress you, there are people who literally fear for their lives now" and 50% "gently caress you, you do not get to make jokes about that."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

There was another bullshit tweet I can't find now that was basically "Zoey Quinn got Trump elected, what a chain reaction!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Imgur comments often tend to be more reasonable than the images that make it to the front page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Arnt we the Website that made fun of 9/11.