Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I just want to add this about Bernie, and this comes from someone who was one of the first 30,000 or so who voted for him (Iowa).

He lost. Even with the party working against him, and actively wanting one candidate. He lost by 3.7 million votes, over 10% of the total votes cast. In your heart of hearts, do you really think he would have won absent some backroom dealing?

Keep this in mind, in 2008 the party desparately, desparately wanted Hillary. Obama got more votes and despite FLAGRANT chicanery like Florida/Michigan delegate whining, he became the nominee. Bernie simply did not do well with the populations that the Democratic party now depends on (minorities) to justify ignoring HIllary's win.

Was it right that the party clearly preferred and favored one candidate? No. Did it make a difference? I don't think so. You can mount a compelling argument that the process should be changed. But in the process as run, Bernie lost. He may have been right about what the electorate at large wanted, but he lost. At this point, I think you can say that the Clinton's hosed the whole thing because they sucked the air out of the party for 16 years and convinced or cajoled everyone in the org that Hillary's time had come so when the time came her platform seemed the most effective. That doesn't make the system rigged, it makes it politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Bholder posted:

So after all this we are the ones considering violent revolts.

Great, good to know that we got this far...

imagine if trump won the popular and lost the general

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

Honestly a Trump presidency is probably preferable to any other GOP candidate. Almost all of the things that a progressive fears would have come true under any one of them but at least with Trump there is an intra-party power struggle that will make enacting policy more difficult. Plus I'd argue that from a policy standpoint Trump is not an ideologue which is something you can't say about any other GOP candidate. You might not like the things he believes in, but he isn't a party shill--he's actually a true believer. That means that he'll be unwilling to compromise on those things, which is basically the enemy of actually getting them through.

Granted this is glass-half-full talk.

The age of the unified left and infighting right has come. Just as Clinton planned.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i hate these idiots.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*c-spam cracks their knuckles*

hey buddy where you been

My sister is in the hospital. My apartment fell out on me and I'm looking for a place to stay. And I got turned into a corncob.

https://twitter.com/awt2006/status/796284364074037248

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Big protest in NYC right now.

https://www.facebook.com/100009298821790/videos/vb.100009298821790/1712925979027346/?type=2&theater

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pook Good Mook posted:

I just want to add this about Bernie, and this comes from someone who was one of the first 30,000 or so who voted for him (Iowa).

He lost. Even with the party working against him, and actively wanting one candidate. He lost by 3.7 million votes, over 10% of the total votes cast. In your heart of hearts, do you really think he would have won absent some backroom dealing?

Keep this in mind, in 2008 the party desparately, desparately wanted Hillary. Obama got more votes and despite FLAGRANT chicanery like Florida/Michigan delegate whining, he became the nominee. Bernie simply did not do well with the populations that the Democratic party now depends on (minorities) to justify ignoring HIllary's win.

Was it right that the party clearly preferred and favored one candidate? No. Did it make a difference? I don't think so. You can mount a compelling argument that the process should be changed. But in the process as run, Bernie lost. He may have been right about what the electorate at large wanted, but he lost. At this point, I think you can say that the Clinton's hosed the whole thing because they sucked the air out of the party for 16 years and convinced or cajoled everyone in the org that Hillary's time had come so when the time came her platform seemed the most effective. That doesn't make the system rigged, it makes it politics.

bernie lost because hillary was believed to be more electable in a general and welp

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The no leaders on the left thing is actually pretty disappointing. I'm always telling people that I can when I'm interacting with left groups. If you see someone well spoken and vocal on the left, please for the love of god FORCE them to the front. Throw the loving megaphone at them and put them up on a car against their will if you have to because holy gently caress do we need leaders on the left that can rally people.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Coatlicue posted:

Thank you to the goon(s) that kept posting "death is certain" last night....you got me through the worst of it.

you are welcome, sorry i could not do more but some boring mod probated me

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

euphronius posted:

After long consideration I have decided -of all the people to blame- we should blame white people

Probably a good idea. After all, you can easily win elections without them. Oh wait...

So when white people are shown sentiments like the one you're expressing, do you think they'll be more or less willing to listen to your concerns?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i hate these idiots.

they are incapable of understanding much at all why people are not fans of their antics

which makes them even more easy to utterly despise

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LastInLine posted:

Probably a good idea. After all, you can easily win elections without them. Oh wait...

So when white people are shown sentiments like the one you're expressing, do you think they'll be more or less willing to listen to your concerns?

Less
Check mate

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

After long consideration I have decided -of all the people to blame- we should blame white people

identity politics arent cool bro!!

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

imagine if trump won the popular and lost the general

No, you see it's totally different when they do it. Then they oppose the idea of democracy, they are terrorists.

Us? We uphold democracy, we are freedom fighters!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

NecroMonster posted:

you are welcome, sorry i could not do more but some boring mod probated me

the reports coming in from your posts were clogging up the reports forum. also image spamming is bad.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm closing in on 24 hours of laughing with an erection

feels good man

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp posted:

The age of the unified left and infighting right has come. Just as Clinton planned.

Or Trump? 😉

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

LastInLine posted:

You might not like the things he believes in, but he isn't a party shill--he's actually a true believer.

Which is why he looks like he's being sent to prison. He doesn't believe in anything other than a good time and he just signed up to be president

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Jazerus posted:

you are still underestimating idiot cheeto hitler

i expect a few things trump actually wants are going to be anathema to a wide swathe of republicans at some point
I expect nothing. We've elected a wild card to office. Our executive branch has been submerged into the Tyson Zone.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

also this just cements my conviction that hillary -> obama would have been a muuuuuuch better order for them to run in than obama -> hillary

can you imagine a timeline where a battle-scarred but lively hillary just passed the baton to a more experienced obama? setting aside whether trump would have ever run without the white house correspondent's dinner thing, obama would have crushed trump

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trash Trick posted:

identity politics arent cool bro!!

It just won an upset election so yes I agree

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Homework Explainer posted:

again: keith ellison

I dunno man, I love Keith Ellison and was proud to vote for him this year, but I think he's way too meek to run for prez.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the gently caress's the point?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jazerus posted:

also this just cements my conviction that hillary -> obama would have been a muuuuuuch better order for them to run in than obama -> hillary

can you imagine a timeline where a battle-scarred but lively hillary just passed the baton to a more experienced obama? setting aside whether trump would have ever run without the white house correspondent's dinner thing, obama would have crushed trump

There is still the fact that huge swaths of people want "change" after 8 years

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lock Hillary Up In A Space Dumpster

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I like Bernie but he lost because of huge amounts of political fuckery and being essentially hamstrung by his party. So at the end of the day there's nothing to be upset about because that's just politics folks :v:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

logikv9 posted:

the reports coming in from your posts were clogging up the reports forum. also image spamming is bad.

it's just a tease, i ain't mad

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the gently caress's the point?

Being angry, something the broader left needs to loving remember how to do.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

I like Bernie but he lost because of huge amounts of political fuckery and being essentially hamstrung by his party. So at the end of the day there's nothing to be upset about because that's just politics folks :v:

Politics are part of elections yes

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sure I liked Lincoln, but he got murdered. That's politics bitch

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Tiler Kiwi posted:

we joked how fast the right turned on Romney but man, it's pretty drat therapeutic now that the shoe is on the other foot

Nobody new is coming out against Clinton. A bunch of us just stopped posting because C-SPAM turned in to a Clinton hugbox and are back now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well, when we go to war with Iran, luckily I do not think that this Republican-controlled House and Senate will institute a female draft. Enjoy dying

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

euphronius posted:

It just won an upset election so yes I agree

:wrong:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr

he hands over 95% of the responsibility to Pence, leaving vanity infrastructure projects to himself.

Pence is a lot scarier than Trump

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Jazerus posted:

i dunno if you can confidently say at this point that hillary would've beaten mccain. seems kind of absurd on nov 9th 2016

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Bholder posted:

No, you see it's totally different when they do it. Then they oppose the idea of democracy, they are terrorists.

Us? We uphold democracy, we are freedom fighters!

if you wanna get real about deontological v. teleological ethics, why yes i do believe there is a moral difference between wanting to kill all the Nazis v. wanting to kill all the gays

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

The no leaders on the left thing is actually pretty disappointing. I'm always telling people that I can when I'm interacting with left groups. If you see someone well spoken and vocal on the left, please for the love of god FORCE them to the front. Throw the loving megaphone at them and put them up on a car against their will if you have to because holy gently caress do we need leaders on the left that can rally people.

You get those by winning state legislatures and you win those by appealing to suburban and rural white people because all but a handful of states are dominated by those areas. But I've been reading ITT that we should all be "gently caress white people" so I hope the five states Democrats can carry is enough to fill the backbench otherwise things aren't looking up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You've already adopted trump language

Or was it in you all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GrimGypsy posted:

Pence is a lot scarier than Trump

• Locked thread