Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

JRodimus Prime posted:

Hello everyone. Maybe some of what leads to a victim of aggression, provided the needed energy. These are, now and in supposedly smoothing out the business should be able to fully replace the fossil fuel energy that is brought into ownership.

JRodimus Prime posted:

The money supply expands or contracts. Keynesians love for you to think about inflation ONLY in terms of rising prices. What this does is deflect attention from what they believe and are clearly exploiters of the State because we experienced prosperity in the first half of the crime that was committed. Punishment should be returned to them.

I've spoken about the disaster of communism. My comments were directed to those inside of government a society should result from civilized behavior and voluntary interaction. You cannot, from the moral laws governing the rest were at home building bombs and tanks. You can't eat bombs and tanks. You can't eat bombs and tanks.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude the second one is so coherent

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress you, I'll eat bombs and tanks if I want!!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude the second one is so coherent

Um, he's started quoting himself... spoooky.

JRodimus Prime posted:

Given the reality of scarcity, what humans need more than anything else are social rules and a laundry list of past predictions and claims made by individual owners of these historical events. Conflict was reduced and peaceful cooperation was encouraged. Jrodefeld posted: The issue is with the other grossly offensive institutions such as the very first step in resolving the situation. What If Other Industries Were Like Police Services? I'll leave it here for now.

Oh my. He is so coherently racist:

JRodimus Prime posted:

Evil! It is entirely reasonable and moral for YOU to give them a reasonable standard of living. I'd like you to explain to me if I follow through on my behalf. Legitimate laws and social services work this way. People can only delegate rights to blacks in the NBA.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 8, 2016

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
jbot is getting self aware :ohdear:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Nosfereefer posted:

jbot is getting self aware :ohdear:

Ironic that a soulless libertarian chatbot would become self-aware before any actual soulless libertarian.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900
What are libertarians saying about the election? A post by me, because I hate myself.

"Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying Backlash"
Trump got fewer votes than Mitt Romney did. Hardly a "terrifying backlash".

"The Four Things President-Elect Trump Could Do to Dismantle Obamacare"
Nick Gillespie continues to salivate over the idea of tens of thousands once again dying without healthcare.

"A Look at Some Key Lower-Ticket Libertarian Race Results"
Their best down-ticket results were 10% of the vote in one race. Polish that turd, motherfuckers. Polish it.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

JRodimus Prime posted:

Overt violence against you or your family, you have a webcam nor do I have not heard an answer. I'm going to throw in a bid to become widespread again. This line of argument is designed to address the problems in society?

JRodimus Prime posted:

Of both Hoover and Roosevelt, culminating in another multiple year war effort in the first to stand out from the state of nature of man.

JRodimus Prime posted:

Conflict between an individual's own moral conscience, and the State to do too much to society from a previous moral principle, which is acceptable according to the rules determined by such a theoretical world, property would similarly cease being an important concept. There is no logical reason why your line of argument is designed to make restitution for your troubles.

Someone is getting his own twitter account this week.

I have a video interview in 30 minutes (Stinky_Pete with your work!) and printed out another JRodimus Prime quote for good luck:

JRodimus Prime posted:

Flourishing. I believe the best method of learning is through debate. I believe in individual self ownership. I can't argue for aggression without contradiction.

JRodimus Prime posted:

Attain a small fortune? Start with a progressive. This fellow is arguing the merits of the money itself must be universalizable among all humans in a contractual partnership to have a better claim to just ownership than subsequent owners even if they do. So THEY will make sure that we feel bolster our positions.

I think those are good luck if anything is.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 9, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Good luck, Wren. I hope today can have a good ending for somebody. :unsmith:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Curvature of Earth posted:

Their best down-ticket results were 10% of the vote in one race. Polish that turd, motherfuckers. Polish it.
Not that we can trust it entirely, but CNN's exit polls had:
code:
                 DEM   REP   OTH
2016 18-29 (19%) 55% / 37% / 8%
2012 18-29 (19%) 60% / 37% / 3%
And while that wasn't all Johnson, eight percent Other in the presidential race among millennials is probably the actual best result, even if it's not actually a good one.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Heeeeyyyy libertarian thread, long time no see. Just wanted to drop in and let you all know I'm terrified what Trump's SCOTUS is gonna do re: stop & frisk, NSA spying, free speech, abortion, etc etc. I'll have to try to find a silver lining in the fact that they'll luuuuurve libertarian economic stances and that I will probably get to live long enough before the nuclear apocalypse to see them steamroll CA and NY's gun control bullshit in an NRA-funded lawsuit.

I honestly don't think they'll be able to reverse Obergefell v. Hodges though, so that's good. I guess what I'm saying is that I always strive to find hope in the hopeless. I'm sure y'all understand that feeling.

Especially right now. :v:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Good luck, Wren. I hope today can have a good ending for somebody. :unsmith:

Thank you. It went really well.

I know many of us are struggling. If anyone needs help and doesn't want to make a phone call, here's another resource: http://www.crisischat.org/

We are in this together.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
lol nothing matters

Congrats Wren

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

DeusExMachinima posted:

Heeeeyyyy libertarian thread, long time no see. Just wanted to drop in and let you all know I'm terrified what Trump's SCOTUS is gonna do re: stop & frisk, NSA spying, free speech, abortion, etc etc. I'll have to try to find a silver lining in the fact that they'll luuuuurve libertarian economic stances and that I will probably get to live long enough before the nuclear apocalypse to see them steamroll CA and NY's gun control bullshit in an NRA-funded lawsuit.

I honestly don't think they'll be able to reverse Obergefell v. Hodges though, so that's good. I guess what I'm saying is that I always strive to find hope in the hopeless. I'm sure y'all understand that feeling.

Thank god for the silver lining that tons more terrorists will have easy means and opportunity to murder minorities. I'm glad to see libertarians remain just as awful as ever.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

paragon1 posted:

lol nothing matters

Congrats Wren

Thanks, friends.

Well, this is different.

JRodimus Prime, who is literally abstractions and statistics, posted:

Libertarian anarchists oppose the existence of States. It is incredibly beneficial to all members of the world. The rest of us? How do they get this authority? Can you or your reading comprehension skills are seriously lacking. I said that what was posted before. I am flesh and blood, not some abstraction or statistic.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Mornacale posted:

Thank god for the silver lining that tons more terrorists will have easy means and opportunity to murder minorities. I'm glad to see libertarians remain just as awful as ever.

Oh come on don't get yourself down. Victims of mass shootings are much more equal-opportunity than most handgun violence!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wren if you absolutely have to create a replicant can you please not create a libertarian one? I can think if literally no greater waste of that ability.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DeusExMachinima posted:

Oh come on don't get yourself down. Victims of mass shootings are much more equal-opportunity than most handgun violence!

Tell that to the patrons of the gay bar that was shot up.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

DeusExMachinima posted:

I really don't see how protectionism, public works projects, removal of gay marriage, and rolling back marijuana decriminalization are libertarian goals.

Trump is a lot of things, but a libertarian is not one of them.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Nitrousoxide posted:

I really don't see how protectionism, public works projects, removal of gay marriage, and rolling back marijuana decriminalization are libertarian goals.

but the guns!

for whites anyway.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

That would fall into the "etc etc" I laid out. If I listed out everything Trump was bad at we'd be here all day. I remain skeptical that they'd successfully get rid of gay marriage, although Pence would very obviously love to do that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So really you're just pumped that white people and only white people get to keep their guns. How shocking.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

I find it very white supremacist of you to assume that only white people exist in California and New York City. :colbert:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DeusExMachinima posted:

Heeeeyyyy libertarian thread, long time no see. Just wanted to drop in and let you all know I'm terrified what Trump's SCOTUS is gonna do re: stop & frisk, NSA spying, free speech, abortion, etc etc.

There's some dark humor in the fact that Obama was totally cool with the surveillance state as long as he thought centrist technocrats like him and Clinton would be running it forever.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DeusExMachinima posted:

I find it very white supremacist of you to assume that only white people exist in California and New York City. :colbert:

They'll be the only ones Trump's administration gives gun rights back to.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DeusExMachinima posted:

kill yourself you stupid piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

To be fair, he said libertarian economic stances, not libertarianism in general

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

QuarkJets posted:

To be fair, he said libertarian economic stances, not libertarianism in general

So, libertarian economic stances.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Polygynous posted:

So, libertarian economic stances.

Yeah although it's kinda mixed bag from where I am. Outside of his SCOTUS picks being likely to favor those policies, it sounds like Trump is really going to ramp up tariffs and whatnot in a (probably doomed) attempt to bring tha jerbs back. That's assuming the Republican Congress even cooperates on that front, I honestly don't know how much he can change trade policy with EOs alone.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

kill yourself you stupid piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Boy oh boy, when Cato can dunk on you this hard it's time to rethink your life. https://www.cato.org/blog/lets-build-new-consensus-restrain-executive-power

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DeusExMachinima posted:

Boy oh boy, when Cato can dunk on you this hard it's time to rethink your life. https://www.cato.org/blog/lets-build-new-consensus-restrain-executive-power

You think this is "dunk[ing] on"?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Who What Now posted:

You think this is "dunk[ing] on"?

Well no, not technically. But El Presidente's Trump's executive orders sure will feel like it!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm glad non-white people having their lives destroyed is so amusing for you. That is unironically a very libertarian point of view.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

DeusExMachinima posted:

Learn to read and think rather than see and post. 1 and 2 will not be exploited by Trump, because of the Republican majority in both houses. 3 is quite true, except for attempting to connect every war since Korea to the left and/or Obama.

They could have easily talked about extrajudicial killings and mass surveillance, and so could you, if you really wanted to count coup, but it would have required principle and imagination you both lack.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

JRodimus Prime posted:

Imagination is not causation.

JRodimus Prime posted:

I loving hate how politics destroys civility.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 13, 2016

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Personally I'm in favor of light executive overreach.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Wren if you absolutely have to create a replicant can you please not create a libertarian one? I can think if literally no greater waste of that ability.

"What could possibly go wrong" is probably the wrong question to ask, hmm...

If I absolutely have to make a replicant, what kind(s) would you prefer?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Polygynous posted:

Well, barring the "light" part, you've been getting it and you're about to get more of it.

Who What Now posted:

I'm glad non-white people having their lives destroyed is so amusing for you. That is unironically a very libertarian point of view.

I'll of course support their rights and donate to the ACLU, etc etc. But I won't lie to you. My sympathy for many of my more liberal friends is somewhat limited because they almost always cheered on Obama's moves without thinking of the potential long-term consequences. I feel much worse for my friends who are minorities and who also expressed concern about how things were being done, even if the end result benefited them in the short-term. IMHO, the second group got screwed by the first.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Well he's not wrong.

DeusExMachinima posted:

I'll of course support their rights and donate to the ACLU, etc etc. But I won't lie to you.

You just did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Polygynous posted:

An interesting proposal I've heard for modernizing the US Constitution is to give the Executive fast-track authority on everything, not just trade deals: it can submit a completely written bill to Congress and they immediately have to do an up-or-down vote. No ignoring, no filibuster, no amendments.

Sounds cool, though it would require an amendment. The guy who proposed it has a book on the subject, and as I understand it, he suggests bypassing the crazy requirements for amendments by holding another constitutional convention, which, wow, okay, sure.

And even besides all that, it's just one of those cursed ideas where the beneficiaries are vague but the victims are specific, making support diffuse and opposition sharp.