Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pook Good Mook posted:

Agreed, Obama let these people perform for his rallies but he didn't make them a loving centerpiece to the "show" that he pitched to the news networks to cover. They were incidental to the event, there to entice people to come jazz up the crowd for an extra hour while the candidate was traveling to the venue.

I still think Obama's "star power" effect was ultimately not good tidings for politics. Politics should be dry and boring and in no way fun or interesting to watch. I mean it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GrimGypsy posted:

lotsa protests in big cities right now

I'm trying to remember if W's win generated these but I don't think it did, at least not on a big scale

its the biggest failure of the left in america that we have no leaders that drive these, and that these events will putter out in an impotent poof of smoke

I wish I could be there but of course, I live in a deep red shithole

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
scandals dont loving matter. trump was a rapist, he was a pathological liar, he stole like a kleptomaniac. but he neutralized them by convincing "neutrals" that they were on par with manufactured bullshit that were the clinton scandals. and he added on top a strong affirmative message, a Big Lie that he could repeat until people could delude themselves into thinking it was possible

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pook Good Mook posted:

Every Democrat needs to understand this.

DONALD TRUMP DID NOT FORGE OR CREATE A NEW COALITION.

He got nearly the same amount of votes as Romney did and a few less tha McCain. This election was lost because Democrats didn't turn up. People can differ about why this was the case and how to fix it but Donald Trump got the same basic block of voters Romney did. Seriously, look at the state by state numbers.

The point is, we are not entering 50 years of Conservative darkness. The next four years are going to SUCK. But more people wanted Hillary to be President than Trump. 2/3 of the country doesn't care about gay marriage, women in the miliary, abortions, etc. The next Democratic nominee needs to find a way to activate the 7 million voters who stayed home yesterday. Hell, even 2 million of them would get the job done. It's very very doable.

I wss just coming to post this:

The 6,077,153 Democrats that sat this one out compared to 2012 can eat dog poo poo. Instead of voting against bigotry, populism, white nationalism, you sat and did nothing. Instead of being angry of the possibility of Trump being elected, you went "ho-hum Hillary is bad peepee poopoo", stepped aside and let fascism on in.

This is more than a self-inflicted wound, this was willful ignorance of thinking everything was okay and that Trump was a passe joke. gently caress you, you shits.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

VirtualStranger posted:

This is basically pointing the finger at the DNC without actually saying it outright.

It's funny because Trump is a billionaire who doesn't pay taxes, sends jobs to China, and avoids paying his employees and contractors whenever possible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can I still blame white voters or no

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I do remember being mad that they stopped attacking the wall for being a stupid idea that wouldn't work. Pull that Trump clip of him saying "I dunno maybe they have a ladder...."

but no, we tried to make it about ethics. Ethics, in the most FYGM dork zone west of England.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Phi230 posted:

its not even my idea

I look back and I see where we could succeed where our forebears failed.

If we had the unity, if we had the FIRE that the leaders we used to have then we would be in a much better place

again I say where are our leaders? BLM is a leaderless organization. Its biggest mistake.

Bernie is all we got. I see the fire that drives him. The fire from Civil Rights. The fire from the Vietnam era. The fire that we lack.

we have to show the right every single day that they are not welcome. we need to organize. No one-off protests. No impotent token acts of civil disobedience. We need the fire back.

So who do you think will inherit the Bernie torch? He can be the defacto leader for a time and spiritual leader after, but someone will have to take the "2020 nominee" spot.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the economic anxiety angle: still not very good lol

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress we cannot sit around and wait 40 years for demographic change to destroy the GOP

we must do it now and we must do it fast

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

Can I still blame white voters or no

I assume Hillary voted so yes

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

No more relying on celebrity endorsements and smug tweets.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How old is Bernie

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Homework Explainer posted:

by any objective measure zoux was the worst ik. i was second worst because my rule was arbitrary and capricious
I must be a shadow IK or something because you'd expect I would've gotten probed more during the whole process with the crap I say.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

LOL don't worry my neighbor will vote for Hillary I can throw my vote away.

gently caress

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

make the "death is certain wizard" the background image for c-spam please

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Looking forward to heading to America to report on the siege lines around Atlanta and the battles to force the passes of the Rockies.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

MysteriousStranger posted:

Sanders needs to get the gently caress out of the Democratic party. He's offering economic policies that help the white working class, aka racists and bigots, at the expense of rich white social liberals. That's not tolerable anymore and anybody who supports that is just as bad as a Trump supporter. Populism is just as vile as racism and sexism and the enemy of social liberalism. Even worse, if we did get votes form it we'd be diluting minority votes with racist votes, anybody who advocates getting more white working votes is signing up with bigotry.

Sanders economic desires are dead in a socially liberal party, and the white working class is dead in one as well. Good riddance to both of them as well.

If you want to keep losing elections because of the importance of being "right" be my guest.

Identity politics and letting the perfect be the enemy of the good is choking liberalism. "A rising tide lifts all boats" may enable white working class voters to still hold less than ideal social views, but you know what, if it gets people like Obama elected that's fine by me.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

100 degrees Calcium posted:

No more relying on celebrity endorsements and smug tweets.

can we still play fight song

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyONt_ZH_aw

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

So who do you think will inherit the Bernie torch? He can be the defacto leader for a time and spiritual leader after, but someone will have to take the "2020 nominee" spot.

You should try Hillary again. It is her turn. Plus third times the charm.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Astroclassicist posted:

Looking forward to heading to America to report on the siege lines around Atlanta and the battles to force the passes of the Rockies.

Lol it will be Nukes for ever

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GrimGypsy posted:

i really don't know

Its 4 years.

I doubt we will grow some fighting spirit and make our own tea party

people are saying Gabbard but I don't think it'll work out.

Maybe, maybe if our karma ripens and the gods are good then Bernie's torch will be passed and it'll catch but we need to WORK for it

all these liberals and dems think that time is the great equalizer and its the biggest force in making us have no power or impact

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I don't really buy the idea that third party voters carry a notable amount of blame, but I do have one friend that professed that he voted for Gary Johnson because he thought Hillary Clinton would win anyway. He was more interested in making sure a libertarian, of all goddamn things, got 5% of the vote than actually y'know... responding to how voting actually works. Johnson didn't get 5% and Trump is President, so thanks, now we're all idiot fuckers.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If democrats could fathom the true horror of their predicament, they would never stop screaming.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

can we still play fight song

i'll allow it

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Phi230 posted:

all you fuckin milk drinkers need to stop with the defeatist bullshit

oh woe is me im gonna cry and moan and whine and be so shook im depressed

you gotta get mad

get mean

speak the only language that the GOP understands and that is to say gently caress you and fight them at every opportunity

march in the streets and get your drat voice out there.

Wow

Ok, you know what.

DO IT!

Come on, do it, grab your gun and shoot some nazi cops, it's for the good cause. You'll be showing them, you'll be showing them the absolute loving hypcrisy this country is about. We made fun of the right wing when they said they won't accept a Hillary win and they might go out in the street, but for us, it is our constitutional duty.

They will NEVER listen to reason, even if their decisions would also cause their own ends, they are not human after all, they are dirty nazis, lower beings than loving monkeys.

Do it, show them, that they were right all along, get killed on the street, become the martyr for the good cause, so Trump has all the excuse to turn this piece of poo poo country into a proper police state, ensuring his authority and giving the alt-right enough reason to rise up themselves and torch a bunch of buildings for the fun of it.

DO IT!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pook Good Mook posted:

If you want to keep losing elections because of the importance of being "right" be my guest.

Identity politics and letting the perfect be the enemy of the good is choking liberalism. "A rising tide lifts all boats" may enable white working class voters to still hold less than ideal social views, but you know what, if it gets people like Obama elected that's fine by me.

I agree, and honestly liberalism this go-around had me, a loving annoying as poo poo super-liberal, still feeling like a secret blue dog. But thinking about where I am compared to the norm, did like 2% of the electorate really go for the "shaming tweet storm" tactic?? and think that would work?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chvrches was a false prophet

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
literally the only thing to blame is people not getting out and voting

despite early voting surges being huge this year

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup posted:

dethroning a bush in the primary and a clinton in the general

its the narrative trump wants

from february

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

euphronius posted:

How old is Bernie
Seventy-five. And it usually takes people by surprise that she's not much younger, but also Liz warren is seventy-one.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phi230 posted:

my point being that you gotta rise and make a loving ruckus that can't be ignored

get loving mad and make sure the nation hears us and we never let them forget it

There is absolutely nothing standing in the way of progressives taking leadership of the dems right now except for the fact way to many have given up

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Imagine sandy hook or dylan roof happening and mr bing bong bing bong so simples guys being the one to have to talk to the nation about it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

here's my two cents on "Bernie vs Hillary":
-Bernie may have been able to take Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Maine-2, and Michigan.
-I doubt he may have been able to take Pennsylvania, Ohio, NC, or Florida. It's possible he could have, but Hillary beat him in all these states in the primaries.
-I'm not positive he could have increased turnout, which was the big failing this year for the democrats as a whole.

So yeah, there's my thoughts on the entire matter.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
so correct me if I'm wrong but Hillary and the dnc worked together to kill any new Obama candidates in their infancy so she could have an easy primary and now there's no one ready to step up and people are desperately talking about Michelle and duckworth

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

MysteriousStranger posted:

Sanders needs to get the gently caress out of the Democratic party. He's offering economic policies that help the white working class, aka racists and bigots, at the expense of rich white social liberals. That's not tolerable anymore and anybody who supports that is just as bad as a Trump supporter. Populism is just as vile as racism and sexism and the enemy of social liberalism. Even worse, if we did get votes form it we'd be diluting minority votes with racist votes, anybody who advocates getting more white working votes is signing up with bigotry.

Sanders economic desires are dead in a socially liberal party, and the white working class is dead in one as well. Good riddance to both of them as well.

source your quotes you fuckman

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Imagine sandy hook or dylan roof happening and mr bing bong bing bong so simples guys being the one to have to talk to the nation about it

"This guy really shot the place up bigly, that I can tell you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

yeah its going to be amazing

• Locked thread