Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The best thing about bounty hunt is banking your cash, then running a suicide mission to gently caress with enemy titans/pilots. Killing a pilot with no cash nets :10bux:. Whoopty doo.

For sure. I actually didn't even know it was 10 dollars. I'm guessing that's just bank cause there's no bonus for killing a broke pilot. Either way it totally worth it to play super recklessly if you don't have any money on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

out of codes, might buy more for early x-mas presents for y'all. They're quite cheap anyways

-nvm I'm an idiot and got a bunch for super cheap

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

:homebrew:

I've gotten no codes.

How do people feel about the gravity star as a ordnance ability?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I dislike playing Bounty Hunt sometimes because I start to feel less like an asset and more like a liability when I have a hot streak.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Geight posted:

I dislike playing Bounty Hunt sometimes because I start to feel less like an asset and more like a liability when I have a hot streak.

Me too buddy :smith:

Here's me dealing well with having too much money on me.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

I will gladly take some and have gotten none yet. Thanks in advance!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Orabilis posted:

I've gotten no codes.

Same, I'll be eternally grateful. I think I might only need one or two since I have the Camo and Ronin, just need the execution. The XP is just icing on the cake, but that execution man. Me wants.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
If we're still doing codes I'd like one, though more for the Coliseum ticket than the double XP. Coliseum is like old school rocket tag and hella fun.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Yeah, if there's still codes floating about I'd love to snag just about anything.

Having lots of good fun with the Volt or Flatline (which is an awesome name for a gun, btw). I'm not really sure why anyone would pick a gun perk other than Gun Runner though. In a game where always being in motion is basically part for the course, being able to sprint and fire seems like the obvious choice.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Frush posted:

Yeah, if there's still codes floating about I'd love to snag just about anything.

Having lots of good fun with the Volt or Flatline (which is an awesome name for a gun, btw). I'm not really sure why anyone would pick a gun perk other than Gun Runner though. In a game where always being in motion is basically part for the course, being able to sprint and fire seems like the obvious choice.

I personally like quick reload, extended ammo, and tactikill myself. I find that gun battles tend to last long enough that it's not the sprinting that kills me, but rather running out of ammo or being caught in a reload.

Miffroon
May 7, 2006
Owe's mansex to Hotwire

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

out of codes, might buy more for early x-mas presents for y'all. They're quite cheap anyways

I'd like to get in on this if you've got any of those codes left, thanks!

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I'd be keen for a code since you can't get them in australia D:

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

can I have codes please

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finally moved on from the volt to try the r-97 and holy moly.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

veni veni veni posted:

Me too buddy :smith:

Here's me dealing well with having too much money on me.

lol :negative:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

radintorov posted:

You still get notified of teammates death, while Kill Report shows where enemies have died.
It's not that useless since it can give you better advanced warning on where enemies are likely to come from, but Low Profile is definitely the best possible kit choice of the four avaiable.
I love hover because you either screw your opponent or screw yourself. I have it on a Spitfire/Archer loadout and while it's hilarious with the LMG I keep getting myself killed using the Archer while wallrunning and jumping and instinctively ADSing in the air, causing me to stop dead in the sights of the target titan usually.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

i've gotten no codes and would love to try and see if they work in australia, i would guess so but i'll report back when i try?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Antoine Silvere posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0YGYTzTgmc

Moments like this are why I love this game :allears:

Quoting for the new page because :drat:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
What's a good build for the Mastiff? Because hooley dooley, that is a lovely little gun. I love it so much. One of the best shotguns in recent memory, and that's including the Super Shotgun from DOOM.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

pulp rag posted:

What's a good build for the Mastiff? Because hooley dooley, that is a lovely little gun. I love it so much. One of the best shotguns in recent memory, and that's including the Super Shotgun from DOOM.

Stim works great with shotguns and faster reload is the obvious choice over more bullets for that gun because you're constantly mashing reload whenever you're not shooting anyway.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Did Respawn release metrics on usage for TF1? I can't remember, but I'd love to see primary/secondary/titan/ability/kit breakdowns.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

About to get on some of this PS4 action in 30 if anyone is on

Gonna send out codes a bit later

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
We're all gathering on Something Awful [GOON] on PS4, right?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yep I believe that's the most populated one at about 70-80 members

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can join multiple networks and stack happy hours at different times for the day

The networks system is nifty and definitely has potential but gently caress the matchmaking with friends is poo poo and menus in general

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I occasionally see "Challenge completed" things pop-up, is there somewhere akin to the Barracks menu in COD where I can check those challenges out?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Geight posted:

I occasionally see "Challenge completed" things pop-up, is there somewhere akin to the Barracks menu in COD where I can check those challenges out?
Whenever you enter a match you can hit esc and there'll be three challenges on the right. One of them will be "finish match", another will be "win match", and the third I keep reading is random but it's always "kill three enemies in one life" for me. Anyway finishing that last requirement is what gets you the "good performance" merit that you probably see sometimes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i'd like to beg for some dewcodes too please

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else find the bank locations on the bridge level infuriating?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Well for example I got one like "finish first 10 times", which seems like more of a sort of career-level challenge rather than a match-based one. I didn't know about that three-challenge on the escape menu thing though, so that's still handy info!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Geight posted:

Well for example I got one like "finish first 10 times", which seems like more of a sort of career-level challenge rather than a match-based one. I didn't know about that three-challenge on the escape menu thing though, so that's still handy info!
Oh uh

Probably a patch or camo or something I guess? Probably check those pages cause I think those are the only sources of those career-level challenges.

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 10, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can join multiple networks and stack happy hours at different times for the day

Nope, one HH bonus per day.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Insert name here posted:

Whenever you enter a match you can hit esc and there'll be three challenges on the right. One of them will be "finish match", another will be "win match", and the third I keep reading is random but it's always "kill three enemies in one life" for me. Anyway finishing that last requirement is what gets you the "good performance" merit that you probably see sometimes.

I thought scoring $600 (in Bounty Hunt) was what triggered that merit. Huh.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

BinaryDoubts posted:

I thought scoring $600 (in Bounty Hunt) was what triggered that merit. Huh.

Probably different for each mode. I see the 3 kill streak one all the time and I solely play Attrition. Its easy to know when you got it too since your announcer will comment on it.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Quoting this to beg for codes.

Glad I picked this game up, it's a lot of fun, even in plain old Pilot vs Pilot mode.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Everyone should have gotten codes

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Throw some codes way if available please.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat everyone coming out of the woodwork

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I didn't get any though I did post :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am beginning to suspect the matchmaking in this game isn't very good, considering I've been in matches where nobody on my team had more than 5 kills and the top scorer on the enemy team had 32 and could kill me at least within about half a second of seeing me.

Note I am extremely bad.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 10, 2016

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

drat everyone coming out of the woodwork

Thanks! Got the Ronin skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

4 hours in and I'm hooked. Arena 1v1 is awesome.