Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Venom Snake posted:

Evil is bad because Evil is dumb.

Evil is Live backwards

and the c-spam motto is Nothing Matters, Death is Certain

so this is a contradiction ...

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hahahah gently caress the DNC for being immoral and pushing their own agenda no matter what is best for the people

*Unironically cheers for inevitable overturning of Roe vs Wade because it'll teach the DNC a lesson*

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

NecroMonster posted:

lmbo, you don't seem to understand how this works

yes, you did vote for the republicans

I'm more the cause of only two options being viable. Hillary is not responsible for that at all, I am.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FuriousxGeorge posted:

No, I did not vote for Republicans either.

Don't want to vote to jail yourself? MORON!

No guys lets seriously try and figure out why Democrats lost. I can't figure it out.

the dems did a lot of stupid poo poo but failing to sufficiently shore up the weed vote was not, in fact, the fatal flaw in their plans

it should be painfully obvious to anyone with an ounce of processing power in their skull that the democrats are more supportive of medical and recreational use than the republicans, and that at the presidential level you either get one or the either.

i mean now we have trump and the GOP, who will threaten the new recreational marijuana laws springing up across the country. very nice!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LmaoTheKid posted:

Can confirm. My subway ride was so quiet it got creepy.

my college campus has one of the highest proportions of gay students in the country. in the main student lounge the lgbt club had set up an emergency table and there were people crying and hugging each other. everyone on campus was silent, or talking in hushed tones about how they couldn't believe this and what does this mean.

one of my professors cancelled class because 'none of us were thinking about learning today'. it was an environmental science course and said professor is loving horrified due to what this means for the environment.

it was a real bad day at school.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

LastInLine posted:

Why? Because he wanted a candidate to represent his interests in a representative democracy?

Is this one of those times when you just have to vote for someone who is going to poo poo all over you because reasons?

listen dont you understand there is a SYSTEM for these things you cant just vote for things you think are good, that doesnt play into our narrative so well

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I really want trump to hold one of these up now.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
surely in year 45 of majority gop appointed judges, roe will be overturned

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm glad Trump is president because it means that only one man can fix it and primary him in 2020

And that man

Is JEB!!!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/796364425003495424

yup

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

they are going to kill medicare, medicade, social security, and foodstamps

Obama and Hillary planned on privatizing Social Security anyway, it was only Republican obstructionism that stopped any of the Clintons or Obama from doing it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

anybody who needs a politician to pander to them specifically to be motivated enough to vote instead of understanding politics well enough to know which party would best represent their interests on at least the few issues that are most important to them is dumb as hell and hillary shouldn't get 100% of the blame for an unfortunate proportion of the democratic electorate being dumb as hell

and before we get to the "well trump appealed directly to some areas that were solid blue before" thing I'm not talking about the folks that crossed and voted for Trump, just the ones who stayed home

i do understand how a demographic that was being pandered to from one side and not the other crossed over, just not why the ones that didn't cross stayed home

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 10, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

reminder that democrats have had to settle with passive attempts, typically immediately blocked or undercut by the republicans, to help poor rural whites because poor rural whites literally won't let them actively help them, again, thanks to the republicans

the sickness at the core of all of this is education

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Jazerus posted:

anybody who needs a politician to pander to them specifically to be motivated enough to vote instead of understanding politics well enough to know which party would best represent their interests on at least the few issues that are most important to them is dumb as hell and hillary shouldn't get 100% of the blame for the democratic electorate being dumb as hell

hey idiot, we aren't the democratic electorate, that was kind of the point

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

NutritiousSnack posted:

Obama and Hillary planned on privatizing Social Security anyway, it was only Republican obstructionism that stopped any of the Clintons or Obama from doing it.

lol just lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Sure I liked Lincoln, but he got murdered. That's politics bitch

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Seeing greatagain.gov in that Tweet is what it took to finally make all this real for me. Thanks. I guess.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

one final question I have: is it possible for Trump to give himself unlimited years in office. what exactly is in place to stop him other than "it's the rule"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

hey idiot, we aren't the democratic electorate, that was kind of the point

you don't have to be an obsessive political nerd to understand the basic premises of the republican and democratic parties in tyool 2016

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

one final question I have: is it possible for Trump to give himself unlimited years in office. what exactly is in place to stop him other than "it's the rule"

22nd amendment

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Droo posted:

Yes, if you hate bank fees you should definitely elect republicans in a landslide.

Come on man, the problem isn't that we collect bank fees it's that we don't send anything back! Go read the moon is a harsh mistress to see what happens when you suck resources out of a community and don't send anything back, or better yet read an American history book.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

heart failure

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Venom Snake posted:

lol just lol

nopants
May 29, 2004
Even in Defeat, Hillary Clinton Was Still Presidential as Hell.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cubey posted:

heart failure

that's where the digitization of his brain into an AI overlord kicks in

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Be happy that you at least have a democracy Americans, don't take it for granted.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mannerup posted:

22nd amendment

further clarification.

they would need to pass and/or repeal an amendment or two in order to do this

it isn't outside of the realm of possibility, but, depending on just how much "assume the worst" you are personally willing to do, you may or may not need to worry about it.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Montasque posted:

These clueless morons just beat the entire media and political establishment in the most powerful nation the world has ever known.

poo poo is weird.

the most stupid and ignorant people in the world were right. im still in shock

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Did you make that autopsy thread?

E: I just saw it. Reading now.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

as far as we know he's not immortal

yet

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cubey posted:

my college campus has one of the highest proportions of gay students in the country. in the main student lounge the lgbt club had set up an emergency table and there were people crying and hugging each other. everyone on campus was silent, or talking in hushed tones about how they couldn't believe this and what does this mean.

one of my professors cancelled class because 'none of us were thinking about learning today'. it was an environmental science course and said professor is loving horrified due to what this means for the environment.

it was a real bad day at school.

sucks your school was magically transported to indonesia!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Your not going to be able to blame obama and hillary forever. We live in a President Sex Tape and Past world.\

Montasque posted:

Did you make that autopsy thread?

Yeah

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Vox Nihili posted:

the dems did a lot of stupid poo poo but failing to sufficiently shore up the weed vote was not, in fact, the fatal flaw in their plans

it should be painfully obvious to anyone with an ounce of processing power in their skull that the democrats are more supportive of medical and recreational use than the republicans, and that at the presidential level you either get one or the either.

i mean now we have trump and the GOP, who will threaten the new recreational marijuana laws springing up across the country. very nice!!!

Yes, they should have known that a candidate who has said she wants to jail them is actually. if you analyze it, their good friend. HOW DID HILLARY LOSE HOW!?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I unironically had a moment today where I considered whether this was a dream. I've never experienced that.

I was taking clothes from the dryer, putting them on hangars, and putting them in the closet. For some reason I legitimately had an out of body moment where I thought "maybe this is a really vivid dream and I'm about to wake up."

I'm not even that personally shook by a Trump victory, I think it's just the intellectual whiplash from yesterday broke my head momentarily.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Jazerus posted:

anybody who needs a politician to pander to them specifically to be motivated enough to vote instead of understanding politics well enough to know which party would best represent their interests on at least the few issues that are most important to them is dumb as hell and hillary shouldn't get 100% of the blame for an unfortunate proportion of the democratic electorate being dumb as hell

and before we get to the "well trump appealed directly to some areas that were solid blue before" thing I'm not talking about the folks that crossed and voted for Trump, just the ones who stayed home

The primary job of a politician is to get people to vote for them, it's literally the first step. If you can't do that, you're a lovely politician and there is no doubt that Hillary is perhaps the shittiest in modern history. Maybe it means pandering but maybe, just maybe it could mean offering a different stance on an issue that obviously a voting bloc cares about.

I'm not saying she, or anybody really, has to pander to every group out there. But therein lies the rub and that is that that bloc does exist and if you don't want their votes that's fine too, but you don't get to bitch that they didn't support you when you explicitly told them to gently caress off and it turned out you could've used that support.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The Nastier Nate posted:

Come on man, the problem isn't that we collect bank fees it's that we don't send anything back! Go read the moon is a harsh mistress to see what happens when you suck resources out of a community and don't send anything back, or better yet read an American history book.

tax and budgetary policies that would send money back, past what the remains of the social safety net manage, have been systematically blocked by the republican party, and their base, for years and years at this point

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Jazerus posted:

you don't have to be an obsessive political nerd to understand the basic premises of the republican and democratic parties in tyool 2016

right and I'd assume that even if you were an obsessive political nerd you could understand that they are 1) both full of loving assholes and 2) don't actually closely approximate the ideology of millions of people

Mao Zedong Thot fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 10, 2016

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

NecroMonster posted:

further clarification.

they would need to pass and/or repeal an amendment or two in order to do this

it isn't outside of the realm of possibility, but, depending on just how much "assume the worst" you are personally willing to do, you may or may not need to worry about it.

we did repeal Prohibition

apples and oranges, sure, but yeah an amendment repeal could happen. Trump is 70 and his dad lived to be in his 90s. just sayin

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

snakeandbake posted:

lmao @ a lot of things

- bernie bros taking so much poo poo over "she's the more electable candidate" and "she's the one who can actually Get Stuff Done :smug:" for so long
- DWS and the DNC being flaming garbagepiles full of idiots
- being repeatedly mocked/probated for thinking bernie was the better choice all along
- hillary clinton
- "pokemon go to the polls and vote!"
- "just chillin' in cedar rapids"
- "then why aren't i 50 points ahead in the polls!?"
- no concession speech until the next day
- clinton toxxes not getting enforced
- hillary clinton
- baloogan losing faith and still being able to gloat in the end
- "pragmatism"
- hillary clinton losing to donald loving trump :lol:
- the DNC and a lot of their garbage supporters still not getting it
- DWS resigned and hillary still lost hahahaha

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hahaha I imagine Logik had hot tears in his eyes when he probated you for this

"yeah well maybe YOU are the salty one!!11"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

babypolis posted:

the most stupid and ignorant people in the world were right. im still in shock

It's because The Dems and Left remained apart and did nothing. To quote a certain someone.

quote:

The world suffers not because of evil men. But because good men stood by and did nothing

• Locked thread