Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Liberals are going to need to get over their fear of guns and start arming. If things do get bad and escalate, megaphones don't beat ARs. It would also have the nice side benefit of dropping a losing issue that does nothing but mobilize tons of single-issue voters to pull the R lever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
more people voted for mccain or romney than either clinton or trump. what a pair of absolutely hated candidates lol.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Powercrazy posted:

Bernie Sanders wasn't a fascist.

you're trying to have this argument with tatum "i swear i'm pro bernie i just never shut up about how much i hate him and bernouts" girlparts

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Vernii posted:

Liberals are going to need to get over their fear of guns and start arming. If things do get bad and escalate, megaphones don't beat ARs. It would also have the nice side benefit of dropping a losing issue that does nothing but mobilize tons of single-issue voters to pull the R lever.

otoh

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Seams posted:

more people voted for mccain or romney than either clinton or trump. what a pair of absolutely hated candidates lol.

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/794274227507625987

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Serf posted:

I don't know about being optimistic in the future, but I can certainly muster up a sort of grim determination to keep going to the polls and to start volunteering my time to help the local Democrats.

What can be done immediately? They aren't having elections now ofc. So how can I help?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Glumslinger posted:

It means that we as a nation are way more rascist than we assumed, and there are a lot of single issue IT voters out there

Oh, and that nothing loving matters if you just provide a big bold front. DOn't release taxes, who gives a poo poo. Buy chinese steel, lol gently caress off. DO business with Cuba, gently caress they have nice beaches. Sexually harass women, lol they probably deserved it. Admit it on tape, lol its just liberals telling us how to be moral

Nice meltdown.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

in africa they call her sister hillary

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

Nice meltdown.

you're powercrazy

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
On the subject, if you want further proof Long Island is a cesspit, one guy was like "yeah, the economy might get hosed and stuff, but at least this will finally slow down polticial correctness. Even Obama was like 'whoa, slow down' on that."

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Telephones posted:

What can be done immediately? They aren't having elections now ofc. So how can I help?

get involved with your local party~

local stuff is going on all the time and your voice matters more at the local level.

Now is a good time. The party is in disarray and needs time to sort out.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I haven't seen Donald Trump's smug face in the last 24 hours. I gotta say, this new presidency is not as bad as I thought.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Not a Step posted:

Allow me to rephrase: The central machinery of the Democratic Party should stop giving lopsided support to shady as gently caress corporate centrists who took charisma (and wisdom) as a dump stat over their opponents during the primary process.

Or if they do, learn some goddamn cybersecurity measures so it doesn't leak out everywhere.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nice meltdown, IK who did this probation....

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Yinlock posted:

you're powercrazy

how you doin broseph

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i hate hillary more than donald at this point.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Pick posted:

I think Trump will be ok on gays because it's like the one type of insult he never used for anybody. I don't think he likes them per se but I don't think he's going to go gunning for them or necessarily let them come to extreme degrees of harm.

He's literally used less homophobic language about Lindsey Graham than the Daily Show did.

Mike Pence is his VP.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LastInLine posted:

Suburban, I'm in northern Kentucky just south of Cincinnati. I benefit from the jobs and economy of the city but I don't have to travel far to find people with very little opportunity, economic or otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard progressive but being close enough to deep red staters I know how they're feeling and why they're feeling the way they do.

Being progressive in the south (and let's face it, where I am is Occupied Ohio, not really Kentucky) isn't easy but it is where the Lord's work needs to be done if there is to be a viable left-of-center party in America. I'm not sure I know the road to get there but the Democrats were the working man's party for half a century and I'm not convinced that it was entirely the Southern Strategy that caused them to lose it. Either way the first step to winning these voters back is to actually treat them like people who have valid concerns, because they are and they do.

Edit:

I think you can read this and see my point.

Q: will rural whites vote democrat if the democrats help them the way they know how (government programs)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you can treat rural whites as human beings without humoring their bigotry

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Agronox posted:

Maybe, maybe not. If it gets through Congress and Trump signs it, what the gently caress are they going to do? Re-domiciling won't help.

If you look at who is in the House and Senate, and who helps them get elected you'll basically see a bunch of Tea Partiers who are funded by business interests, including the primary resource extraction Trump harps on, who would get hosed HARD by tariffs.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

NecroMonster posted:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Bernie is not even a member of the party.

A major loving plus, in my view

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

mormonpartyboat posted:

im still laughing at great again dot gov

Can we get a tooth-color analysis on Mike Pence please?

[

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

KiteAuraan posted:

If you look at who is in the House and Senate, and who helps them get elected you'll basically see a bunch of Tea Partiers who are funded by business interests, including the primary resource extraction Trump harps on, who would get hosed HARD by tariffs.

this is why paul ryan looked like someone shot his dog this morning by the by.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Vladimir Putin posted:

Q: will rural whites vote democrat if the democrats help them the way they know how (government programs)

Nope, they voted for the repeal Obamacare guy thinking it would bring their premiums down and got mad that Dems tried to give them health care.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

how you doin broseph

oh fine, just pissing in the wind against this weird victory lap d&d is doing in cspam

how bout you

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Teikanmi posted:

Surprise guys America is more bigoted than anyone thought

Yea it's probably that and definitely nothing else at all.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

NecroMonster posted:

There was this one guy who managed to do that twice so well that they voted him person of the year or something. I think his name was "Barrack", sounds like a good Irish guy.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
bernie sanders: maybe we shouldn't poo poo all over these people who have seen their communities fall apart as their jobs are shipped overseas.
hillary clinton: lol gently caress that poo poo #yolo #itsmyturn #fuckingdeporables

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Venom Snake posted:

It's gross but understandable. I don't think it's the right take though.

Yeah, no we should do it your way, that's been working great.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

this should be in giant bold letters in every thread

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

get involved with your local party~

local stuff is going on all the time and your voice matters more at the local level.

Now is a good time. The party is in disarray and needs time to sort out.

What is considered local? City or state? Incidentally I live in the state capital! I checked the website tho and didn't see any volunteer opportunities. Do they not bring on volunteers outside of elections?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Yinlock posted:

oh fine, just pissing in the wind against this weird victory lap d&d is doing in cspam

how bout you

wife is taking things pretty hard. she's a wellesly alum so its kinda personal for her i think [hrc's alma mater for undergrad]

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Covok posted:

On the subject, if you want further proof Long Island is a cesspit, one guy was like "yeah, the economy might get hosed and stuff, but at least this will finally slow down polticial correctness. Even Obama was like 'whoa, slow down' on that."

Lol. The same people who want to be able to yell "sand friend of the family!" in public without catching stinkeye are the ones who get all wound up about not standing for the national anthem at a goddamn corporate football game.

BUT MY PC!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vernii posted:

I come from a staunchly Democrat family. Lots of guns that we use for hunting. Not a fan of handguns, but I'm starting to come around.

In the words of an American hero:

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Pick posted:

Coal isn't dead because it's mean, it's dead because natural gas is cheaper.

In the long term I agree, but the EPA has made coal really costly due tightening supply

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Nope, they voted for the repeal Obamacare guy thinking it would bring their premiums down and got mad that Dems tried to give them health care.

Sadly Obamacare actually brought down my premiums this past year.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bholder posted:

I haven't seen Donald Trump's smug face in the last 24 hours. I gotta say, this new presidency is not as bad as I thought.

it hasn't even been 24 hours

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Obama reached some of those outside the base. There was something there if we worked for it. Now we've had a long stretch of Clinton using the DNC to purge any candidate that could speak to those people because they threatened her candidacy or didn't fit the baseline she wanted for the party. Add to that all the people doubling down on calling those people racist Meth-heads and it looks like it's going to take awhile for us to learn a drat thing from 2016.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Seams posted:

in africa they call her sister hillary

Also the photographs from this election has been top-notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i hate hillary more than donald at this point.

give it four years

• Locked thread