Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I think it comes from drag culture. Along with "slay" and "read" and pretty much all the great words.

well i did turn on paul ru drag race thinking it was going to be cars racing and got drag queens, still watched it for 3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't know if more youth employment in dem campaigns would mean more or less "YAASSSS QUEEEN" crap. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad slogan if we were applying it to people who are not 70 and super super white.

If she would have owned being a dark evil queen of death that would have been better than owning nothing.

Zo posted:

VS I just lurk cspam but your own countless number of disparaging posts, laced with hubris and arrogance, making GBS threads on any and all leftists not blindly drinking the Hillary koolaid made a lot of threads bad and over time i went from laughing at trump to hoping you'd lose, so i just hope you reflect on your own actions as well because while I'm just an rear end in a top hat you seem to actually want a good government.

If we don't rebuild me and my family are 100% hosed so this is my life now.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

I hope you and your politically connected insider family get real jobs.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Even now, in the darkest hour, those dorks are making Red Wedding references.

Not only them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43vRHeUQajs

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Who honestly thinks lame memes mean anything other than this is the year 2016? I mean 90% of the C-SPAM posts were us posting and laughing at terrible Trump and pepe memes.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Venom Snake posted:

If she would have owned being a dark evil queen of death that would have been better than owning nothing.

I have to give you some modicum of credit for showing your face around here when 90% of the Hillfolk have completely disappeared. But also you are kind of part of the bad guys. Like in the Nuremberg Trials of the democratic party, I don't know if you get to claim following orders.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

Libertarians and greens loving blow and I don't care if they get 10 votes or 10 million votes.

you're absolutely right, democrats simply have not punched left enough yet

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

people are allowed to deal with loss in the way they see fit

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

god gently caress game of thrones

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

gently caress all prestige tv. except twin peaks

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

well im sure game of thrones has a lot of really talented people working on itt.... good for them you know

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016

Zas posted:

god gently caress game of thrones

we reached :salt: level 99

comeon just a few more xp bars

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

people are allowed to deal with loss in the way they see fit

https://twitter.com/NotFaulty/status/796099214140903424

:sigh:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Wyld Thang posted:

we reached :salt: level 99

comeon just a few more xp bars

man i dont wanna get started but i am not into this current age of tv that is supposedly so good. im pretty sure every single person here disagrees with me so i wont get into it but rest assured i have reasons!!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

It's past 3 and I really need to try and get some sleep instead of this weird mix of hangover and terror induced insomnia.

But seriously before I finish melting down can I just say gently caress Anthony Weiner forever? Even though the emails thing was total bullshit just the fact his dumb rear end has to pop up and inadvertently suicide bomb his own team at the last minute is just so aaaaaaaarghdkfodkekskskdnrkdkfndneoapwl

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Zas posted:

man i dont wanna get started but i am not into this current age of tv that is supposedly so good. im pretty sure every single person here disagrees with me so i wont get into it but rest assured i have reasons!!

I think we're about at the tipping point for peak TV but I probably disagree with you a whole lot. However, you like Twin Peaks so you and me are bros afaic.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"Prestige TV" is such a dumb term of phrase. I'll grant that Rome and Deadwood were pretty prestigious, but Game of Thrones is literally pulp fiction.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i worked in sound and editing for a few years and so i was immersed in the culture of prestige tv lovers and it was just, ughhh. but you know, like what you like, no hard feelings :)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

How serious are these protests? I'm trying to find the one around here.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Prestige TV" is such a dumb term of phrase. I'll grant that Rome and Deadwood were pretty prestigious, but Game of Thrones is literally pulp fiction.

well, what i mean by it is basically high budget, high production value, single camera, breathtaking reviews, and i'm gonna stop myself before i get worked up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Freemason Rush Week posted:

you're absolutely right, democrats simply have not punched left enough yet

third parties do not work in first past the post electoral systems

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nonsense posted:

https://i.imgur.com/YMVwJJo.gifv

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/IAMKRIS24/status/796259113776873472

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mrmcd posted:

It's past 3 and I really need to try and get some sleep instead of this weird mix of hangover and terror induced insomnia.

But seriously before I finish melting down can I just say gently caress Anthony Weiner forever? Even though the emails thing was total bullshit just the fact his dumb rear end has to pop up and inadvertently suicide bomb his own team at the last minute is just so aaaaaaaarghdkfodkekskskdnrkdkfndneoapwl

The funny thing is this may have all been avoided if Democrats hadn't thrown him under the bus for sexting the first time.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I have to give you some modicum of credit for showing your face around here when 90% of the Hillfolk have completely disappeared. But also you are kind of part of the bad guys. Like in the Nuremberg Trials of the democratic party, I don't know if you get to claim following orders.

Everyone else has skipped town.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

third parties do not work in first past the post electoral systems

Maine will show us the way!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yepp

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hey it wasn't last year. He flirted with running in 2012.

This was planned, you see.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The funny thing is this may have all been avoided if Democrats hadn't thrown him under the bus for sexting the first time.

Not sure how that would've worked since apparently he's a stupid idiot who is physically incapable of not sending pictures of his dick to randos on the Internet.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

Hey it wasn't last year. He flirted with running in 2012.

This was planned, you see.

he's been thinking about it a while.

actually the truth is nixon did it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nonsense posted:

They are aimless demonstrations of people power with no particular objective in mind. So they're not exactly serious, but necessary to remind people that they need to remain politically engaged and that they have numbers.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

not even joking

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mrmcd posted:

Not sure how that would've worked since apparently he's a stupid idiot who is physically incapable of not sending pictures of his dick to randos on the Internet.

He might've not used Huma's campaign laptop. :shrug:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Honest question: would we be better off keeping the phrase '* privilege' out of politics for at least 4 years?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It'd probably be better if the energy was aimed at the DNC to get its poo poo together. Trump knows these people don't like him, and he doesn't give a poo poo because he has our government locked up anyways.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

It's really tragic to think about Huma. She was really going places and doing things and then her husband was a sex addict and her boss was the biggest loving loser ever. I assume Hillary is still Huma's boss, which is the greatest indignity: she's going to tend to an irrelevant rich woman until her heart gives out.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Honest question: would we be better off keeping the phrase '* privilege' out of politics for at least 4 years?

not really as it wasn't why we lost

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

It'd probably be better if the energy was aimed at the DNC to get its poo poo together. Trump knows these people don't like him, and he doesn't give a poo poo because he has our government locked up anyways.

During mass demonstrations at the gate, Nixon was terrified that the drat hippies could pour over the WH lawn and lynch them all at any moment. Trump was shook at Chicago. It might not accomplish anything today, but keeping Nixon in fear of the mob had some positive outcomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

Well, this will definitely be the end of thinkpieces like "Explaining White Privilege To A Broke White Person"

It's a useful concept but we should probably wield it with better care going forward.

• Locked thread