Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

LEna, i MAY not be one of the GIRLS - but i WILL be, THE GIRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Oh Snapple! posted:

check it and see

got a fever of a hundred and three

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Cyron posted:

also may i ask what was the idea with having lady gaga talk dressed like a nazi?

CELEBRITIES

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

Well I am a snake

:golfclap:

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

mrmcd posted:

I dunno Obama managed to do it twice. Or at least with enough people to win.

I really wish Obama would teach someone else in this loving party how to actually campaign and connect with people.

Somebody did know

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Like literally today I saw some bullshit on Facebook with the headline "Voting third party is the height of white privilege."

Glad to see we're getting a head start on not learning anything and thinking we can shame and insult people into voting for us.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Zythrst posted:

Somebody did know

and for the life of me i cant tell if it's the worst part or the best part of this

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Snapple! posted:

CELEBRITIES

im garbage and like lady gaga, lena dunham can gently caress off tho

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mrmcd posted:

Like literally today I saw some bullshit on Facebook with the headline "Voting third party is the height of white privilege."

Glad to see we're getting a head start on not learning anything and thinking we can shame and insult people into voting for us.

It's also the most easily debunked bullshit ever this year.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Oh Snapple! posted:

CELEBRITIES

i know but could of she just have a outfit that is not a nazi from her concert set.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mrmcd posted:

both third parties suck poo poo. they don't get a free pass because hillary jobbed it. but she doesn't get a pass because of third parties

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

More than anything else, Hillary lost because she wasnt aspirational. She didnt put out any grand dreams or plans for the future beyond 'Obama 2.0!' and nothing about her was inspiring beyond 'has a vagina'. She probably would have been a very good policy wonk, but a president needs to be able inspire people with more than whats going on inside their pants. If she had genuinely pushed for even *one* big ticket pie in the sky plan I really think she could have done it, even with everything else that happened.

Instead she insisted on pragmatism, constantly triangulated her positions, kept her goals small and, unforgivably, never even talked about them. She couldnt articulate any of her policy positions in less than thirty seconds and preferred to refer people to her site to see her stances. Hillary was just incredibly unsuited for the office of the president, and therefore a clown man who regularly claimed he would 'build a wall' or 'bring back jobs' or 'win on trade deals' won the presidency by having incredibly dumb goals that he regularly talked about and reminded people that he, unlike Hillary, had plans.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Cyron posted:

also may i ask what was the idea with having lady gaga talk on stage dressed like a nazi?

Who cares? That goofy dumb poo poo happens every election.
The key will be a leader who is unabashedly left, who has a message for America that can resonate with the poor, not just 'im not trump lol'. Hillary was not that leader.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

both third parties suck poo poo. they don't get a free pass because hillary jobbed it. but she doesn't get a pass because of third parties

Gary Johnson voters helped her carry several states, lmao. This wasn't a total electoral blowout or popular Trump victory BECAUSE OF THIRD PARTIES

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

We captured a giant and a bronze colossus today. The colossus name was the Golden Nothing lmao

I think the one thing I'll really remember about these last few days was the one Clinton staffer on SA was playing hours and hours of DF in the last few moments of the campaign.

Thanks for the thread, it has made fascinating reading.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Gary Johnson voters helped her carry several states, lmao. This wasn't a total electoral blowout or popular Trump victory BECAUSE OF THIRD PARTIES

i didn't say it was. gary can suck my johnson either way

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

I think the one thing I'll really remember about these last few days was the one Clinton staffer on SA was playing hours and hours of DF in the last few moments of the campaign.

Thanks for the thread, it has made fascinating reading.

I did it because you can pause it any time. Handy asf imo

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Zythrst posted:

Somebody did know

Supporting Hillary in the primary is probably my biggest loving regret this year. I didn't think Sanders' goals were realistic and was totally fine with more Obama-esque competent governing on the executive knowing Congress isn't going to do poo poo as a D is in the Whitehouse.

I didn't realize how loving bad she was at campaigning. I am so loving sorry.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

i didn't say it was. gary can suck my johnson either way

It is just weird as gently caress that you think third parties "don't get a pass" even though they were inconsequential to the outcome of this election.

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016

Not a Step posted:

More than anything else, Hillary lost because she wasnt aspirational.

Hillary lost because her job was to lose.

Her job paid very well tho!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

mrmcd posted:

I dunno Obama managed to do it twice. Or at least with enough people to win.

I really wish Obama would teach someone else in this loving party how to actually campaign and connect with people.

You can't teach unbelievable charisma and empathy and brilliance. He was a perfect specimen that we lucked out in having grace us for eight years. So, we need to find a way to win even when our candidate isn't the smoothest motherfucker on earth. Perhaps somebody who doesn't reek of neoliberalism and elitism and who couldn't give a gently caress less about Lena Dunham.

We get that and we got a stew going.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Trump being president will probably cause that kinda writing to fade. Young people will have bitter hotsauce purse in their mouth and the next gen of young voters will not want to repeat Hillailures

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mrmcd posted:

Supporting Hillary in the primary is probably my biggest loving regret this year. I didn't think Sanders' goals were realistic and was totally fine with more Obama-esque competent governing on the executive knowing Congress isn't going to do poo poo as a D is in the Whitehouse.

I didn't realize how loving bad she was at campaigning. I am so loving sorry.

I told y'all a politics of "realism" was poo poo and you didn't believe me! YOU SHOULD HAVE BELIEVED ME!!!

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The DNC seems to have turned into a mini kleptocracy since 2006 when they had majorities. The same old boring people (Clintons etc) that have been career politicians forever took over and they maintain an inner circle to keep their jobs.

They don't outreach to try and expand Dem presence to local and state governments and since they are old boring people, their numbers keep dwindling.

Like Ohio, they ran Strickland, boring old establishment guy like Clinton. And he got stomped because he blows. The Democrats need to get the youth vote but also get the youth JOBS and ROLES in their local parties.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I told y'all a politics of "realism" was poo poo and you didn't believe me! YOU SHOULD HAVE BELIEVED ME!!!

The politics of "realism" aren't poo poo, the problem is when you fail to realize what the reality actually is.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I don't know if more youth employment in dem campaigns would mean more or less "YAASSSS QUEEEN" crap. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad slogan if we were applying it to people who are not 70 and super super white.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

Oh they do, it's just the "How dare you not vote for us!?" attitude that infuriates me.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Sylink posted:

The DNC seems to have turned into a mini kleptocracy since 2006 when they had majorities. The same old boring people (Clintons etc) that have been career politicians forever took over and they maintain an inner circle to keep their jobs.

They don't outreach to try and expand Dem presence to local and state governments and since they are old boring people, their numbers keep dwindling.

Like Ohio, they ran Strickland, boring old establishment guy like Clinton. And he got stomped because he blows. The Democrats need to get the youth vote but also get the youth JOBS and ROLES in their local parties.

Evan loving Bayh

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Barbe Rouge posted:

The politics of "realism" aren't poo poo, the problem is when you fail to realize what the reality actually is.

Reality can be shaped according to ideology, this is basic stuff. Republicans never gave a poo poo about what was "realistic" and now they have overwhelming control of almost every hall of power. You don't win big by being conservative and smothering your own imagination of what's possible.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't know if more youth employment in dem campaigns would mean more or less "YAASSSS QUEEEN" crap. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad slogan if we were applying it to people who are not 70 and super super white.

this is why you employ non-affluent youth

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
VS I just lurk cspam but your own countless number of disparaging posts, laced with hubris and arrogance, making GBS threads on any and all leftists not blindly drinking the Hillary koolaid made a lot of threads bad and over time i went from laughing at trump to hoping you'd lose, so i just hope you reflect on your own actions as well because while I'm just an rear end in a top hat you seem to actually want a good government.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

and it a reference to a mass murdering dictator woman who hosed her brother in a fantasy show where everyone is a mass murdering rear end in a top hat who love to gently caress.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It is just weird as gently caress that you think third parties "don't get a pass" even though they were inconsequential to the outcome of this election.

Libertarians and greens loving blow and I don't care if they get 10 votes or 10 million votes.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fidel Castronaut posted:

The Clinton campaign ruined the whole phrase. Just like when white people started using "-izzle"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

Libertarians and greens loving blow and I don't care if they get 10 votes or 10 million votes.

I don't disagree, but I'll also give them a pass because they actually didn't matter.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary-Cersei gifs

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Cyron posted:

and it a reference to a mass murdering dictator woman who hosed her brother in a fantasy show where everyone is a mass murdering rear end in a top hat who love to gently caress.

I think it comes from drag culture. Along with "slay" and "read" and pretty much all the great words.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

this is why you employ non-affluent youth

As part of the screening process ask them if they frequent reddit or tumblr and if they know what the latest memes are

If they say yes to either site or identify a meme less than one year old (get a reference sheet) thank them for their enthusiasm and have em stuffing envelopes but never in any public facing positions.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Zo posted:

VS I just lurk cspam but your own countless number of disparaging posts, laced with hubris and arrogance, making GBS threads on any and all leftists not blindly drinking the Hillary koolaid made a lot of threads bad and over time i went from laughing at trump to hoping you'd lose, so i just hope you reflect on your own actions as well because while I'm just an rear end in a top hat you seem to actually want a good government.

Well that's a shame because Hillary's administration would not be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Hillary-Cersei gifs

Even now, in the darkest hour, those dorks are making Red Wedding references.

• Locked thread