Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OB_Juan posted:

Nobody here is quite Crichton Crazy, though.

Nobody has been cloned yet, give it time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

Nobody has been cloned yet, give it time

Sarah met her younger self. Had she made out with her that would have definitely qualified for a Crichtonism.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One episode will have the team going through their adventure, fairly standard stuff, normal episode of LoT, and then BAM! and Ray's locked up in an eye removal machine.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rhyno posted:

Not yet. But Merlyn is going to implant a digital copy of himself into Ray in a few episodes and then we'll be cookin'

Wheat Loaf posted:

One episode will have the team going through their adventure, fairly standard stuff, normal episode of LoT, and then BAM! and Ray's locked up in an eye removal machine.

Rhyno posted:

Sarah met her younger self. Had she made out with her that would have definitely qualified for a Crichtonism.

I can get behind all of this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoT turning into a stealth Farscape revival would make every bad episode worthwhile.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

We need more puppets though. And gut punching consequences at the end of every season.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rhyno posted:

It's a time loop where she turned herself.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Was watching a movie featuring Robert DeNiro, Clive Owen and Jason Statham last night called The Killer Elite, and lo and behold, who pops up out of nowhere?

With his profoundly intense British accent intact, even.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Given all the heroes introduced in the other shows now, I want a mini-crossover where Sara has to recruit Speedy, Miss Martian, Kid Flash, and Mon-El into a group of "titans" to rescue the team who obviously got captured after they oh say tried to rob a bank for villains for some reason.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

nine-gear crow posted:

I would be prefectly happy if the team never faces any consequences for them ruining time everywhere they go. Especially after Flash spending literally weeks making GBS threads on Barry for Flashpoint. It just makes it all the funnier :allears:
The implication seemed to be that Barry (and Thawne) are only able to notice & remember timeline changes because it's a speedforce side-effect.

I'd love it if later in the season the crew starts feeling cocky about how little they've damaged the timeline, but only because they don't realize they're incapable of seeing that their own timelines have changed.

Meanwhile the audience sees that Firestorm is now an old black guy and a young white dude, Reyanne Palmer has rebuilt her Atom suit, the team historian masters his ability to turn his skin into wood, Snart is rocking his trusty flamethrower as always, while Cyan Canary is still acting Captain.

Rip Hunter shows up in the finale for a total of 10 seconds, throws his hands up in the air, and stomps away in resignation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, apparently the CW is happy with how the show has been doing as they've ordered 4 more episodes this season. Despite starting in the fall this year the plan was still to only do a half season but this bumps the episode count to 17.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Well, apparently the CW is happy with how the show has been doing as they've ordered 4 more episodes this season. Despite starting in the fall this year the plan was still to only do a half season but this bumps the episode count to 17.

Haha wait, are they literally writing the script episode to episode? This explains so much.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

Haha wait, are they literally writing the script episode to episode? This explains so much.

That's what the vast majority of shows do...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah but if they can just tack on an additional 4 episodes mid-production then that means that there's really no plot for this season, like at all.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah but if they can just tack on an additional 4 episodes mid-production then that means that there's really no plot for this season, like at all.

That's a good thing.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

For this show that's fine. Two episodes ago some of the characters fell out of the time ship so they all went on a trip to feudal japan to find them. Much better than every episode having to follow Randy Savage around and not quite beat him in a different place each week.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BSam posted:

For this show that's fine. Two episodes ago some of the characters fell out of the time ship so they all went on a trip to feudal japan to find them. Much better than every episode having to follow Randy Savage around and not quite beat him in a different place each week.

Yeah. If they had like a season ending mini arc already written or drafted out, then that just gets pushed back and a couple more episodic shows get added in with little issue. Though I wonder why Legends is only getting half-season orders instead of full ones like Arrow and Flash get. It pulls in similar ratings, doesn't it? Is it because it's the most expensive of the Arrowverse shows?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I believe part of it is that CW only has 10 hours a week of original programming and everything they do is an hour long, so they don't exactly have a lot of extra space on their schedule.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

muscles like this! posted:

I believe part of it is that CW only has 10 hours a week of original programming and everything they do is an hour long, so they don't exactly have a lot of extra space on their schedule.

10 hours? Where did that come from?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

That's a good thing.

Oh no doubt, I just found it interesting.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mraagvpeine posted:

They have two hour long shows per weekday. 2 x 1 x 5 = 10.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mraagvpeine posted:

CW doesn't run original programming on weekends or in the 10pm weeknight slot.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

80s political commentary!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the outfits in both the present and past are always so sharp. example: Sara's outfit on the ship

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Of course Damien Dharhk was behind Reagan. I knew it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Of course Sara can sneak a knife into the White House.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

howe_sam posted:

Of course Sara can sneak a knife into the White House.

She is a ninja, after all.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah. If they had like a season ending mini arc already written or drafted out, then that just gets pushed back and a couple more episodic shows get added in with little issue. Though I wonder why Legends is only getting half-season orders instead of full ones like Arrow and Flash get. It pulls in similar ratings, doesn't it? Is it because it's the most expensive of the Arrowverse shows?

I think Chuck tacked on 6 episodes in one of the seasons at the end. They made an additional mini-arc which would also work.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh god, the Martin's arguing :allears:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drat, Martin did well for himself.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Let Reagan blow up.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"There are worse ways of dying" *eats eclair*

Mick remains the best. Sara putting the fear of God in Darhk and pulling the ultimate pickpocket was great too

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sara is it really a good idea to tell Dahrk all that?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

howe_sam posted:

Sara is it really a good idea to tell Dahrk all that?

OR its what Sara told him that forces him down that path. Time travel is wierd.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The opening voiceover reminds me of Col Ticktock from Thrilling Adventure Hour.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo, they had a Yamaha Vmax in tonight's episode!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Their time fuckery is so awful it's delicious :swoon:

Mick teaching Ray to be a rebel is the dorkiest thing ever and it owns.

Edit: I really hope they continue to lean on Sara as the Captain.

Double Edit: Lol Kenny Loggins? this show!

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 11, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ray went and dug through a dead man's clothes. I find this hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really want to see that bit at the end but with Thawne running at regular human speed. Just running in circles around a dude in a plastic ball.

• Locked thread