Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If Trump completely shits the bed, and/or renegs on his populistic promises, we'll see about the House. No Senate until 2020 at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

there's a recession coming, probably. everyone knows that by now, but yeah. w/trump or w/otrump we are due for one soon

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Neeksy posted:

And then we would have President Mike Pence, which is prettymuch what we're already getting since Trump is probably going to treat the presidency like every other project in which he's even been involved.

every time i imagine the glee at impeaching trump after he forces putin to burn his kompromat, i remember that mike pence is waiting on the sidelines, and without a trump potentially bewildering his allies with his unpredictability, we'll simply get a smooth passage of all the nasty loving republican bills that they've wanted for the last decade

so the best thing in my mind is to make it as torturous as possible for trump to govern, when he hands off power to pence for a month of golf and hookers, make him jet back to put out fires after pence tries to quash the michigan unions. dont give him a loving break, confuse his message, infuriate his less motivated supporters with his inherent corruption

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Iron Crowned posted:

So will two years of despotism mean we have a chance of taking the house and Senate?

When will the doomsday clock be set at one minute till midnight?

House yes, Senate, maybe. 8 are up for grabs, but only two are considered competitive. Keyword is considered. If Dems get their poo poo together asap (yes yes, we're doomed, lol, but.) A real wave can deliver the Senate.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lycus posted:

If Trump completely shits the bed, and/or renegs on his populistic promises, we'll see about the House. No Senate until 2020 at least.
He can't fulfill those promises because no one can; does that count?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Phobophilia posted:

every time i imagine the glee at impeaching trump after he forces putin to burn his kompromat, i remember that mike pence is waiting on the sidelines, and without a trump potentially bewildering his allies with his unpredictability, we'll simply get a smooth passage of all the nasty loving republican bills that they've wanted for the last decade

so the best thing in my mind is to make it as torturous as possible for trump to govern, when he hands off power to pence for a month of golf and hookers, make him jet back to put out fires after pence tries to quash the michigan unions. dont give him a loving break, confuse his message, infuriate his less motivated supporters with his inherent corruption

This is sort of like Churchill choosing not to assassinate Hitler because his constant micromanagement of the Eastern Front is just loving up the Germans harder.

Fulchrum posted:

House yes, Senate, maybe. 8 are up for grabs, but only two are considered competitive. Keyword is considered. If Dems get their poo poo together asap (yes yes, we're doomed, lol, but.) A real wave can deliver the Senate.

When was the last time the Democrats had a "wave election" during a midterm? Did such a thing happen during Bush? Reagan?

I'm always told "Dems don't show up to midterms" so I'm feeling really pessimistic about 2018.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is sort of like Churchill choosing not to assassinate Hitler because his constant micromanagement of the Eastern Front is just loving up the Germans harder.

When was the last time the Democrats had a "wave election" during a midterm? Did such a thing happen during Bush? Reagan?

I'm always told "Dems don't show up to midterms" so I'm feeling really pessimistic about 2018.

Bush 2006.

Dems not showing up for midterms was because Obama was in office. People don't turn out to say thank you to Obama, but there will be people turning out to say gently caress you to Trump

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Democrats need to learn that defeatist bitching on Twitter isn't a substitute for voting. I genuinely believe that some millenials :argh: are so infatuated with the feeling of influence social media give them, that they've lost touch with reality and what really matters.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Nov 10, 2016

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

Dems not showing up for midterms was because Obama was in office. People don't turn out to say thank you to Obama, but there will be people turning out to say gently caress you to Trump

hmmmm maybe. but maybe not. we'll see.

Purno
Aug 6, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Ok thank you

I know that here in PA, she lost by like 1% and jill had almost 1% I think and gary had 2% and it was just bugging me is all since a few of the third party people on my facebook feed are backpedaling now about how there are people who shouldn't be allowed to vote because they don't understand the responsibility of voting and that we should revamp our voting system so that everyone gets 2 votes, a positive one to go towards who you want for president, and a negative one to go for who you don't want for president. These same people were all gung-ho about how their votes weren't being wasted because they knew only trump or hillary would win but that hillary was just as bad as trump so it'd be a waste to vote for either and that hillary is a satanist and she rigged the primaries and buhhhhhhhh

If all Stein voters had voted Clinton she would've won MI and WI, but not PA or FL. However, if all Johnson voters voted Trump he would've also picked up NH, ME, CO, NM, NV and MN so...

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
will the alt right go nuts if/when Trump backs down on a lot of the poo poo he promised? His rhetoric is already sounding far less extreme that it did a few months back.

I wonder how forgiving the rural whites will be if the steel mills aren't up and running and there isn't a 45% tariff on Chinese stuff by the time the next election rolls around?

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

By the way what is "CTR"? Clinton Something Something?

Correct the record 4chan's choice of boogeyman for 2016
Actually just a super PAC focused on online advertising

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Fulchrum posted:

https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/796465645240143874

dems aren't getting the senate in 2018

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i think anyone who claims to know what the alt right is gonna do is full of poo poo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

other than, you know, be super reactionary all the time

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Purno posted:

If all Stein voters had voted Clinton she would've won MI and WI, but not PA or FL. However, if all Johnson voters voted Trump he would've also picked up NH, ME, CO, NM, NV and MN so...

I guess the issue is assuming all johnson voters would have voted for trump. The only johnson voter I know voted for him (along with his friends) because they all had decided hillary was just as bad as trump due to the emails/benghazi/satanism stuff so I feel like there would have been a better chance they would have voted hillary if they actually, like, knew facts and poo poo.

I realize what I'm saying more or less comes down to "man, if people weren't dumb they wouldn't have let trump get into the white house"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
They are celebrating.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Baloogan posted:

They are celebrating.

yeah, right now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Personally I wish the third party people could have come to terms with the fact that it was gonna be hillary or trump regardless and that for this particular election, it would have been far too dangerous to allow trump a chance of winning by not casting a vote for hillary to keep him out, but I kept hearing arguments against that that amounted to "you can't vote against a candidate, only for a candidate" and "hillary is equally awful so nothing matters" :|

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Fulchrum posted:

Bush 2006.

I guess we'll never know how 2002 would've gone without 9/11.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Has there ever been any real push in the US to bring in a preferential voting system? Without that a 3rd party vote is basically pointless as you'll always have the popular idea that it's a throwaway vote.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

cohsae posted:

Has there ever been any real push in the US to bring in a preferential voting system? Without that a 3rd party vote is basically pointless as you'll always have the popular idea that it's a throwaway vote.
I figured voting reform was as hopeless as anything could possibly be, since it would shift the balance of power away from someone powerful no matter what.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Telephones posted:

So will Trump fly back to his bed in Trump Tower every night when he's POTUS?

lol

Trump will have the White House uprooted and airlifted, to be placed on top of Trump Tower

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zas posted:

yeah, right now

i don't even think the alt-right intellectuals know what they will do yet

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Trazz posted:

Trump will have the White House uprooted and airlifted, to be placed on top of Trump Tower
God drat IT I can't find the opening to Animaniacs' Hip Hippos on Youtube.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

i don't even think the alt-right intellectuals know what they will do yet

Right now Milo is working on a piece about how Trump needs to start in on the Jews before inauguration.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
This is just me spitballing, but I think they will turn inward, purge, promote, recruit and find additional sources of funding

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

gradenko_2000 posted:

yes. trump is merely the pimple on the pulsing boil that is the republican party

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

kibaces posted:

Correct the record 4chan's choice of boogeyman for 2016
Actually just a super PAC focused on online advertising

i even doubt they were responsible for /r/politics, it just tracks the mood of the reddit userbase. post-dnc, bernouts and pepes got demotivated, clintonites and knee-benders got motivated

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

ScrubLeague posted:

Right now Milo is working on a piece about how Trump needs to start in on the Jews before inauguration.

Do they care that Milo made off with thousands of their racistbux in that fake scholarship scam or has that effectively been banished to the alt-right memory hole?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im uninterested in jamming my face into the sewer pit that is pepeland, but are they taking trumps reneges as pragmatic concessions or are they going to hold his feet to the fire and kick out all latinos and muslims?

or are they just happy they contributed to getting a racist into the whitehouse using concentrated shitposting

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Phobophilia posted:

im uninterested in jamming my face into the sewer pit that is pepeland, but are they taking trumps reneges as pragmatic concessions or are they going to hold his feet to the fire and kick out all latinos and muslims?

or are they just happy they contributed to getting a racist into the whitehouse using concentrated shitposting

Trump is the ultimate troll. They aren't going to turn on him. How can you turn upon the God Emperor? (unless you cuck like me)

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Neeksy posted:

Do they care that Milo made off with thousands of their racistbux in that fake scholarship scam or has that effectively been banished to the alt-right memory hole?

Of course not, because he yells at women and coloreds in a way that is Not Politically Correct.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Trazz posted:

Each day at dawn, Christie, Giuliani and Carson turn to stone and stand vigil.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm about to go to sleep and i feel like i should make some kinda cool last post before i'm banned tomorrow, but its not happening. i dunno. it's been fun i guess? i've never been good at goodbyes. anyway good night yall.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
has he really reneged on anything yet?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
muslim ban i think

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The thing I regret is that we now won't get all the tell-all books and articles about how much of a headless poo poo-show the Trump campaign was. The few articles we got in the last days of the campaign, when everyone around Trump was sure it's all lost, will probably be the only thing not painting it as heroic effort of a superman.

I'm sure we get some about he Clinton campaign, but those surely will be as boring as the campaign itself.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
He hasn't talked about the physical wall in a long time either, it's pivoted to a metaphorical wall of Tough Immigration Policy.

Decius posted:

I'm sure we get some about he Clinton campaign, but those surely will be as boring as the campaign itself.

Chapter 1: We Thought We Had It

We didn't.

The End

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Phobophilia posted:

muslim ban i think

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/796545156061143040

a few other outlets have run with this headline but its pure clickbait

he removed all press releases from his campaign site after election and they leave that part out in the article

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/

muslim ban was revised to countries with terrorism and "extreme vetting"

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 10, 2016

• Locked thread