Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

PS4 gaining momentum and The Switch will carry us through this.
A mediocre, fragile and expensive VR machine for well off people to hide inside and a semi portable battery eater that flags you as a giant target for robbery

Well that sounds pretty appropriate for us actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

It's so goooood I'm excited to see what Vanillaware does next now that they've finally gotten a handle on good gameplay

its a mech game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBNgTzhS6LY

radio silent for a year though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt0uLCI14YA

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I enjoyed the original Odin Sphere - button mashy framerates and all - so the prospect of playing a tuned-up version with actually involved combat mechanics sounds like my bag.

Gonna wait for a (Black Friday?) price drop though cause $60 is a bit much to pay for a game I technically already own.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They didn't just improve the combat, they redesigned everything. Like it's two completely different games with the same story and characters, it's really crazy

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
What else did they change?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm getting the impression that the answer is "yes".

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

A friend alerted me to a utility that can fully uninstall programs, freeing those remnants from my registry and allowing me to have a full Sims 3 experience once more.

Maybe there is hope. :unsmith:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm playing a dumb rpgmaker game because idgaf

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

man dumb rpgs rule, I should start a new game with the ff6 randomizer but I don't know if anything it generates will ever be as perfect as this again:

johnny cash - a moogle named SUE

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Bloodbourne is cool, the quickdash is so much better and it's oddly nice that they just removed my usual options to cheese Souls games.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

FirstAidKite posted:

Is this a remake of legendary poo poo game "Hoshi wo Miru Hito"?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I spent the day after the election plowing through rhythm heaven megamix and daydrinking with my radically liberal gay best friend who is going to halt her coming out of the closet because she is terrified of the future of minorities in this country.

Stay safe games friends

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

glam rock hamhock posted:

I enjoyed Axiom Verge for a while but the bosses get really terrible and exploring becomes really not fun, even after you get the cool traversal abilities. I really wanted to like that game but it just becomes sort of bad as it goes.
Yep. I like the look and feel of the game but have no real desire to go back at this point. The story was also hot garbage. Conversely I went through AM2R a second time almost immediately after finishing it, that will absolutely go down as one of my personal GOTY contenders.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Leroy Dennui posted:

Is this a remake of legendary poo poo game "Hoshi wo Miru Hito"?

Nah, just the same name, completely unrelated and likely unintentional on the dev's part to use that name

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

Well with the combat it isn't just a simple overhaul. All the characters play completely differently and can combo for days with ease, they now have skill trees full of spells and abilities and hot key assignment for ease of use of said spells and abilities. The crafting system has been completely overhauled to be much easier and friendlier as has the restaurants, that are now at every checkpoint instead of the one local, though the one local still exists and just takes money instead of ingredients. The graphics have been completely HDafied with wide screen, sharper looks on everything and a (mostly) silky smooth 60fps framerate (the game can hitch a bit when things get really crazy). They also added new areas and new bosses as well as optional challenges where you fight multiple bosses at once. There's probably more but as mentioned it really is a complete overhaul.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello please give me names for my baby. i'm thinking Link Iwata Lastname for a boy or Samus Hyrule Lastname for a girl

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Who let oddium have a baby?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i will raise a powerful gamer baby, who respects mario and sonic equally

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

hello please give me names for my baby. i'm thinking Link Iwata Lastname for a boy or Samus Hyrule Lastname for a girl

What's the first letter of your last name? I wanna get clever with initials.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

L

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Name them Nintendo Power L.

Edit: And change your last name to Switch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Today is my birthday. :kiddo:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Happy Birthday!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Happy Birfday!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

don't do that, all babies will grow to hate you, there's no reason to help it along

I said come in! posted:

Grats on not being dead :toot:

also mine

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I said come in! posted:

CrashCat posted:

don't do that, all babies will grow to hate you, there's no reason to help it along

Grats on not being dead :toot:

also mine

🎂 Happy birthday! 🎂

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My PS4 Pro order has been delayed. :/ Apparently due to weather. I live in Seattle, so this is not unexpected, except that it is not raining here.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

Oddish tingle

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

i will raise a powerful gamer baby, who respects mario and sonic equally

my three month old daughter is gonna be the biggest fan of the true gaming mascot, crash bandicoot

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

My PS4 Pro order has been delayed. :/ Apparently due to weather. I live in Seattle, so this is not unexpected, except that it is not raining here.

That sucks but hey Tyranny is out today!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

That sucks but hey Tyranny is out today!

Yep! I have it pre-loaded on Steam. Need to head off to work soon but will play tonight.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Lucina Lara

or Link... Larry (like leisure suit larry)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Happy birthday!!!!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So is there a hard cutoff age for knowing or caring about Pokemon? It was my everything as a kid, but I'm listening to an animation episode of We Hate Movies where they're talking about an episode from the show and they barely even know that it was a game first, and only have the slightest inkling of what a Pokeman even is. The WHM guys are only about 5 years older than me, 32 or 33, but they're completely ignorant about something I'd always assumed had fully entered the collective unconsciousness.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yep! I have it pre-loaded on Steam. Need to head off to work soon but will play tonight.

I just got it on GOG since it's a little cheaper converting from $ to € at the moment. I'll play it tonight after training.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Mordja posted:

So is there a hard cutoff age for knowing or caring about Pokemon? It was my everything as a kid, but I'm listening to an animation episode of We Hate Movies where they're talking about an episode from the show and they barely even know that it was a game first, and only have the slightest inkling of what a Pokeman even is. The WHM guys are only about 5 years older than me, 32 or 33, but they're completely ignorant about something I'd always assumed had fully entered the collective unconsciousness.

not every kid played red/blue or watched the anime back then, probably what happened with these dudes

there's a dude my age at work who only plays madden and cod and whatever and hes never touched a pokemon game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Please don't name your kid after something video game related tia

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

firstname "The Joy" lastname