Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

SunAndSpring posted:

looks like we're gonna need Chapo Trap House more than ever before

if they are gonna be insufferable about it I'll prob have to dip out for a while, but I am a bit of a doom and gloomer right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ItsTonyNow/status/796377247196254208

would it be possible to get Bill Mitchell on the show, seeing as he was smarter than literally every other pundit

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I don't think the old episodes are particularly listenable anymore, with all the times they say that Trump has no chance.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/796380989618528256

wonder what that guy in Trad Games is thinking

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Bill Mitchell Was Right

~the silent majooority, is silent no more~

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Pellisworth posted:

The Artist Is Present, but it is Bill Mitchell, smiling while his intro plays - next four years of American media

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pellisworth posted:

Bill Mitchell Was Right

Now that intro is stuck in my head.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Corek posted:

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/796380989618528256

wonder what that guy in Trad Games is thinking

if he cries at random moments in the hamilton cast album i can go ahead and take a wild guess as to what he's doing now

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pellisworth posted:

Bill Mitchell Was Right

*silent plurality

No wait that doesn't work either, she won the popular vote

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/status/796404241904627712

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

Now that intro is stuck in my head.

Yeah it's actually a catchy jingle, it's been on a continuous loop in my head since Trump's win was announced.

your voice radio, doo do doo

On the plus side Chapo will have no shortage of material until the Trumpstaffel sends them to Gitmo. RIP Democrat Voice.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"bernie wuz right" - graffiti scrawled on the ruined stump of the Washington monument.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/762497721831874561

he wasn't wrong

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

never doubt the halloween mask poll

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
At least now Pacifica's donations will go up again so we might have more liberal radio content again like we did under Bush.

Keepin' it 1600 is staying around, hope Chapo keeps it up for all of Trump's time in office. I need their style of comedy.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Sir Tonk posted:

At least now Pacifica's donations will go up again so we might have more liberal radio content again like we did under Bush.

Keepin' it 1600 is staying around, hope Chapo keeps it up for all of Trump's time in office. I need their style of comedy.

I suspect their first post-Trump ep will also mark their first callouts of the Liberals and Never Trumps who have immediately bent the knee for Trump in the name of respectability politics.

edit: Jesus Christ, Donald J Trump is the President-Elect of the United States of America. It keeps throwing me.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 10, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
rick anime masturbator wilson stands tall, unbent

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

rick wilson: more integrity than bernie and warren, lmfao

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

Given that it's literally the primary source of income for all 3 of the hosts (and maybe Brendan as well), I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about it going away :)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Given that it's literally the primary source of income for all 3 of the hosts (and maybe Brendan as well), I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about it going away :)

Yeah no kidding, that patreon is nuts. Hope people keep supporting them.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
New podcast is out... 8 minutes in saying Trump's going to win Florida and Ohio :stonklol:

edit: You can hear the room deflate each time the results come in. Yeesh.

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 11, 2016

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Blended the world again. Do they even know their own power

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
This is honestly depressing to listen to.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The audio is rough but I'm going to soldier on further into the nightmare.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chapo's new mission statement has been revealed

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/796859147471949828

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Atrocious Joe posted:

just keep with the funny, guys

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Civilized Fishbot posted:

lmao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
don't laugh, they can now afford beds with headboards. movin on up.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

To be fair the democratic establishment's done 90 percent of the work for them already

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I know it seems really grim for the Democratic party in the immediate aftermath but it's more than entirely possible that it stays a 2 party race if nothing is done.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

A Note On The Election Night Episode

Is this going to be a list of suicide hotline numbers?

quote:

Hey all, Brendan here.

We're aware that the audio for Episode 57 is rough around the edges. It's what Genius, the host of the event, gave to us.

However, a film crew was there that night, and in addition to a beautifully shot concert film of the evening, they are working on a much improved audio track as well recorded from their cameras.

We are going to update the episode with better audio as soon as they patch it through in the coming days. Stay tuned.

Oh cool, in the future I can hear the groans of despair in much higher quality if I want to put myself through election night 2016 for the third time!

Which of you guys complained about this?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

Is this going to be a list of suicide hotline numbers?

Oh cool, in the future I can hear the groans of despair in much higher quality if I want to put myself through election night 2016 for the third time!

Which of you guys complained about this?

who the gently caress wants to relive that awful night?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The Delete your Account ep. from Tuesday was very good. It's being recorded when it's looking pretty clear that he was going to win, but they do a good job thinking about what went wrong and what the next steps might be.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Next step should be to burn the Democrats alive and prepare for the madmax future.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

The crowd singing along to Vera Lynn at the end was genuinely touching.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

burn it all down

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I don't get why people hate the sorkin letter, he's calling for action and mobilization so why not?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I don't get why people hate the sorkin letter, he's calling for action and mobilization so why not?
Well, for one, he used the fact that the Dow dropped over 700 points the next day as fact that Trump is bad

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
The speech he wrote for his mouthpiece on his show about politics or whatever was cringey af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

It's kinda like, just say what you want to say. Don't dress it up as an "open letter to america from the Leslie Knope" or "A letter apologizing on behalf of all men" or something. You don't have to wrap your message in a hulk parody account or cosplaying as Will Macelvoy from the loving News Room.