Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The luxurious hair really downplays the Gingrich jowls. Excellent art all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

canis minor posted:

Tried this

I'm off trying new stuff for a while

I've tried all these special versions and they're all grotesque, there's a mayo and chicken one which I have to give minor points for actually tasting like mayo I guess, ignoring the fact that a mayonnaise flavoured crisp after the novelty wears off is vomit inducing.

The other flavours: sausage and brown sauce; ham and mustard; cheese toastie and Worcester sauce; bacon and tomato ketchup

eleven extra elephants has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Nov 10, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All the exotic flavors of the British Isles

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

canis minor posted:

Tried this

I'm off trying new stuff for a while

These chips are so British they're trying to leave the thread and strike out on their own again.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

eleven extra elephants posted:

I've tried all these special versions and they're all grotesque, there's a mayo and chicken one which I have to give minor points for actually tasting like mayo I guess, ignoring the fact that a mayonnaise flavoured crisp after the novelty wears off is vomit inducing.

The other flavours: sausage and brown sauce; ham and mustard; cheese toastie and Worcester sauce; bacon and tomato ketchup; and cheese

Yeah the thing though is those are all like, actual food combos. What in the name of Christ is chicken and mayo, beyond exactly what it sounds like?

left_unattended posted:

These chips are so British they're trying to leave the thread and strike out on their own again.

I'm looking for a chip Brexit joke here and coming up sadly short. Anyone?

I know but I want a portmanteau goddamn it
vvvvvvv

Xen Tricks has a new favorite as of 13:27 on Nov 10, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think that already was one

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Xen Tricks posted:

Yeah the thing though is those are all like, actual food combos. What in the name of Christ is chicken and mayo, beyond exactly what it sounds like?

They're all suppose to be sandwich flavours, can't say I've had a chicken and mayo sandwich but I don't find the idea of it terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Breaded chicken plus mayo and lettuce is the classic McDonalds chicken burger or whatever they call it, at least in the UK.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sakurazuka posted:

Breaded chicken plus mayo and lettuce is the classic McDonalds chicken burger or whatever they call it, at least in the UK.

In the US it's the "McChicken." We also have the offshoot "Hot n' Spicy" which is a spicy chicken sandwich. Not to be confused with the "Buffalo Chicken Sandwich."

The Hot n' Spicy is the best one hands down

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
In the US at least it's common to mix up canned chicken with mayo into a gloopy mess and make sandwiches out of it. Insert political joke.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xen Tricks posted:

I'm looking for a chip Brexit joke here and coming up sadly short. Anyone?

I know but I want a portmanteau goddamn it
vvvvvvv

First of all, they're called "crisps".

Crixit

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I miss the biscuits & gravy chips, they tasted dead-on and I could eat entire bags of them at a time.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

How the gently caress does one reach the age of being able to register for something awful without having heard of a loving chicken salad sandwich

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Efexeye posted:

How the gently caress does one reach the age of being able to register for something awful without having heard of a loving chicken salad sandwich

I'm sorry you eat plain chicken and mayonnaise on white bread? :shrug:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Xen Tricks posted:

I can't even read this without laughing because goddamn is that ever the most midwestern sandwich ever.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xen Tricks posted:

If you're not at least putting celery in your chicken salad, then I don't even know how you keep on living.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Xen Tricks posted:

Chicken salad is chicken pulled off a roasted bird and mixed with celery, red onion, thyme, salt and pepper, sometimes weirdos add grapes or cranberries or some poo poo. They also sell sliced chicken as lunch meat.

i mean what kind of cretin would eat that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

In the US at least it's common to mix up canned chicken with mayo into a gloopy mess and make sandwiches out of it. Insert political joke.

In certain parts of the US maybe. (the midwest only probably)

This is much more common with canned tuna than canned chicken in a national sense.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The best chicken salad comes from leftover rotisserie chicken. If I ever do it, I like to add mayo, some garlic powder and capers to the mix. I'll put diced onions occasionally but I usually prefer it without since I'm not a huge fan of raw onion in general.

Same basic recipe for tuna salad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

And here I thought Jenkum was an urban legend.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Yawgmoth posted:

goddamn is that ever the most midwestern sandwich ever.

Can confirm, but only if the chicken was boiled with absolutely no seasoning for seven hours and the bread/bun is whiter than a prom date's face when he realizes he forgot the condoms

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Efexeye posted:

Chicken salad is chicken pulled off a roasted bird and mixed with celery, red onion, thyme, salt and pepper, sometimes weirdos add grapes or cranberries or some poo poo. They also sell sliced chicken as lunch meat.

i mean what kind of cretin would eat that

Yeah and that's a chicken salad sandwich, which is good, not "chicken and mayo" which is, uh....

Also dried cranberries are hella good in chicken salad, you're the weirdo here with your nasty crunchy water vegetable

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/534403/coronation-chicken-and-fresh-coriander-salad-sandwich

ewwwwww

edit:

:stare:

boar guy has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Nov 10, 2016

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

We deserve Trump.

I have never been so sure of anything in my life.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey posted:

We deserve Trump.

I have never been so sure of anything in my life.

Yes, we do. But it has nothing to do with this.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Make this with Taaka and we're taalking.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

fizzymercy posted:

Make this with Taaka and we're taalking.

It burns in ways previously thought impossible by the human mind

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

so I ran into these bad boys at the store on sale. I'll post how disgusting they are after the two i tossed in the oven are done.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I tried those! They taste overwhelmingly like gravy.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
yeah, the moment i cut one open my dining room reeked like gravy. it really wasn't bad. the potato chunks did absolutely nothing in terms of flavour and texture, the cheese was just a few strings that got pulled out when I bet in. it was pretty much just gravy in pastry. it did taste a little like freezer, but I think that's why they were on sale for so cheap.

Maybe at work on saturday I'll deep fry the last two.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I ate a BACON KING burger one time

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why do mediocre middling-sized fast food burgers get all this horrified existential reaction and yet a good homemade burger, with all the same ingredients and about twice as much of everything, or even just a well put together burger from a place like in-n-out or five guys, gets treated like the yardstick of middle class gourmet quality

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Data Graham posted:

Why do mediocre middling-sized fast food burgers get all this horrified existential reaction
because that mediocre burger has been focus grouped for decades to be as "appealing" and cost-effective as possible

it's really not that much of a mystery

(5G and I-N-O get a pass for being "rare" and actually mostly using fresh ingredients -- also, for being much more tasty)

stringless has a new favorite as of 14:01 on Nov 11, 2016

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Oh my god get out of your own rear end it's a cheeseburger with a bit of extra bacon

Christ goons, the dude above me is right, mediocre fast food is mediocre, news at 11. Doesn't need 3000 words about it

e: I'm in line for Chick-fil-A, time to start on Ulysses pt.2

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Can confirm, but only if the chicken was boiled with absolutely no seasoning for seven hours and the bread/bun is whiter than a prom date's face when he realizes he forgot the condoms
We will also accept "baked until leathery with no seasoning" and since this is the midwest, our prom date doesn't know what condoms are/thinks they cause AIDS.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Yawgmoth posted:

We will also accept "baked until leathery with no seasoning" and since this is the midwest, our prom date doesn't know what condoms are/thinks they cause AIDS.

No seasoning except salt. In the midwest you are required by law to double the amount of salt you use in a dish. And also replace every other spice and herb in the dish with more salt because they're "too spicy".

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

dijon du jour posted:

No seasoning except salt. In the midwest you are required by law to double the amount of salt you use in a dish. And also replace every other spice and herb in the dish with more salt because they're "too spicy".

My mother-in-law, who was born in upstate NY but now lives in the PacNW, has the opposite problem: she doesn't salt a loving thing. Her spaghetti? Soggy noodles, five or six large chunks of ground beef because breaking it up is too hard, and 0% salt.

Disgusting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah my parents decided salt and sugar were zero tolerance bad and won't put them in anything, which is unfortunate since my mums entire cooking repartee consists of 'boil until soggy'.
And no one knows hell until they've tried chocolate custard made with cocoa powder and no sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I don't get not using spices. Wars were fight over access to spices. Honor your dead ancestors and use salt for god's sake.