Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

Too high gamma?

Hmm, I'll check that out. It only happens outside though.
EDIT: Trip report - I turned off god rays and poof. White haze gone.

Original:

Sans-god-rays:

Cool. Only, I want to keep them on. So, I turned to the Reshade ENB + CoT accommodations.

God rays on + Reshard & ENB + CoT settings:

....Eh'.
It's an improvement.
I'll probably mess with it some more tomorrow. Have a 100+ fever that's calling me to bed.

As a parting gift: Stumbling Sabrecat (location)

--I never saw this in all of my 800+ hours of playing Oldrim.

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Arkitektbmw posted:

As a parting gift: Stumbling Sabrecat (location)

--I never saw this in all of my 800+ hours of playing Oldrim.

It was always there. There's also a bear head with a cheese piece in it's mouth somewhere in the same fort.

I just stumbled through there the other day. :v:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I crushed out all the cheevos in the SE so I can get to modding, and i found a couple things I never saw in Oldrim. Cool huge dungeon with some lore and a dragon priest mask that I'm not sure how I ever missed, except for gently caress hunting down all those masks. Also a dude pretending to be a merchant whose cart was robbed, obvious setup but it was a fun fight.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i fuckin love this game

What's the best SE addititional perk mod, though? I have a 2 perks every second level mod but it doesn't seem to work.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have a playthrough with a melee character (level 39 or so) going with just a bunch of mods like SkyUI and some armor/weapon rebalancing plus SPERG. Is it worth starting over on SSE? What are the essential mods for SSE?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

sebmojo posted:

i fuckin love this game

What's the best SE addititional perk mod, though? I have a 2 perks every second level mod but it doesn't seem to work.

I've been using this
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2254/

Gives you a book in your inventory that lets you choose to add 1, 3, 5, or 10 perks at a time. It's not automatic, but it's real simple and quick.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm honestly guessing the former rather than the latter, although I'd gladly be wrong.
The SE guys are working on SKSE64. They've already made some progress and are prioritizing the stuff needed for SkyUI.
There's no timeframe for it however. There's a lot of work that needs doing. And they're a couple of videogame developers doing this stuff in their free time. So expect it to take months and the first release will be nowhere near to having the features SKSE currently has.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 10, 2016

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I wasn't able to find a mod like that for SE yet, but I did find one that awards perk points for turning in radiant bounty quests. Not at my PC to link it right now but I think the name was pretty generic, like perk points and more gold for bounties or something.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Enai has a couple additional downloads on the ordinator download area that increase perk gain by 20%/50%.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr.Grit posted:

Enai has a couple additional downloads on the ordinator download area that increase perk gain by 20%/50%.

word, I'll have to check that out!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Open Cities + JKs Whiterun running at 60 FPS is loving glorious.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Orv posted:

LITERALLY NEVER.

It'll probably be a bit.

Yeah hell with that nonsense. I reinstalled the regular version, played around with MO, and already got my game up and running. MCM and SkyUI are so badly needed. It was amusing to find out why it kept launching in a tiny rear end window though.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so i got a bunch of mods through the bethesda net stuff but i'm swithcing to NMM because its not bad. Whats the best way to keep all my old mods? Just start installing the new poo poo via NMM or install them in NMM then uninstall them in bethesda net or?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Farg posted:

so i got a bunch of mods through the bethesda net stuff but i'm swithcing to NMM because its not bad. Whats the best way to keep all my old mods? Just start installing the new poo poo via NMM or install them in NMM then uninstall them in bethesda net or?

write down what mods you have and uninstall everything from bethesda net and go and make sure there isn't anything left

then NMM

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr.Grit posted:

that's the one that doesn't work for me :confused:

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

sebmojo posted:

I just used the Perk Points and More Gold for Bounties mod and it seems all right. I need a perk or two, I go gently caress up a dragon or whatever.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Farg posted:

I'd imagine the mods would still just load fine launching with nmm. Check the plugins tab of nmm. They may or may not show up on the mods tab of nmm though and you might have to uninstall them manually, if you so choose, instead of using nmm.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Another perk option is dragons souls for perks
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1955/

Needs console to set variable to the number you want to pay though (default 10)

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Does anyone have any idea why my view distance sliders are locked at the bottom in the launcher settings? I had enhanced distance terrain installed at one point, which is no longer on the nexus, so I assume it was some sloppy port over that could've hosed my game up, but I uninstalled it and the sliders are still locked.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

sebmojo posted:

I had the same problem and removed the mod, redownloaded it, and reinstalled it and it started working fine. Maybe there was a bug in the first version? Who knows.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is there a way to get SkyUI to show the total weight of a stack of items as opposed to the weight of one item in a stack? It'd be nice to sort my inventory by weight and see immediately that I'm carrying hundreds of pounds of minor healing potions.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Mr.Grit posted:

Thank you, I didn't know about this and I'm using it as well now. 20% increase + the perks for bounties mod. Feels just right.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Have any of you played around with uGrids settings yet?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

Does anyone have any idea why my view distance sliders are locked at the bottom in the launcher settings? I had enhanced distance terrain installed at one point, which is no longer on the nexus, so I assume it was some sloppy port over that could've hosed my game up, but I uninstalled it and the sliders are still locked.

Delete Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPref.ini in my documents\my games\skyrim special edition\
They will be recreated when reluanching the options tool

Orv
May 4, 2011

Burns posted:

Have any of you played around with uGrids settings yet?

I'm not a computer wizard but I imagine that instability is an issue of not-Gamebryo rather than something the 64-bit upgrade fixed.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Kiggles posted:

Delete Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPref.ini in my documents\my games\skyrim special edition\
They will be recreated when reluanching the options tool

I had done that and it didn't help. Just did a fresh re-install anyway because Flora Overhaul made my grass disappear.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
If you feel your game is low on anime waifus try this mod which apparently turns ALL NPCs into some form of waifu

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My SSE is really sluggish. I don't have that many mods loaded in and oldrim works fine loaded to the gils. Is there a setting to give it more memory?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Did Oldrim have slight head-bobbing during normal walking/running, or is that a new thing?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Is there a way to change the sprint key from a toggle to a hold? I didn't like that in Fallout 4 and I don't like it here.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Darth Brooks posted:

My SSE is really sluggish. I don't have that many mods loaded in and oldrim works fine loaded to the gils. Is there a setting to give it more memory?

I had the same problem, turned out it was running on my integrated graphics card instead of the Nvidia. Check your graphics card settings, there should be an option to manually change it.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's on the invidia. It really feels like a memory issue. It's very slow to load and chugs to do anything. I remember there being something for oldrim to allocate more memory but I don't know if Newrim needs it.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
You'd have to post your specs. "Loaded to the gils" for oldrim and "not many mods loaded in" for SSE doesn't tell us all that much either, if you had oldrim loaded with non-intensive stuff and no ENB but went with "a few" packs of 4k/8k textures for SSE.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

It's on the invidia. It really feels like a memory issue. It's very slow to load and chugs to do anything. I remember there being something for oldrim to allocate more memory but I don't know if Newrim needs it.

Newrim is 64 bit, and so it allocates as much ram as it needs. Do you have any texture packs installed? If not, are you running the game on a spinny drive and if so is it defragmented?

Texture packs can really make your computer chug if you go over your vram limit on your card, because then it has to allocate system ram to video memory, and it is hundreds of times slower than on card memory.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
The new patch hosed my game all to hell.

Can't even get it to start now.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Arkitektbmw posted:

The new patch hosed my game all to hell.

Can't even get it to start now.

Did you have the achievement unlocker installed? You'll need to uninstall it and then install the new version. They made it so using the old dll loader won't work, so you need the new one with the unlocker implemented as plugins.

For some reason Bethesda really doesn't want you getting achievements with mods, even though I think you can still just use the console to unlock them on an unmodded save.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Decus posted:

Did you have the achievement unlocker installed? You'll need to uninstall it and then install the new version. They made it so using the old dll loader won't work, so you need the new one with the unlocker implemented as plugins.
For some reason Bethesda really doesn't want you getting achievements with mods, even though I think you can still just use the console to unlock them on an unmodded save.
Whenever Bethesda makes changes to their codebase and recompiles it, the adresses that mods interjects its code into change position. Any time there's a new patch, that mod will need updating.
Bethesda didn't intentionally sabotage that mod. It's just how things work.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 11, 2016

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Am I getting the correct impression that with Mod organizer I can just simply create another profile and that will let me load a whole another list of mods?

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Decus posted:

That was part of it, thanks! The other part. Unique Uniques for SE. My game just won't load with it enabled. Tried it by itself and everything. Very odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Monolith. posted:

Am I getting the correct impression that with Mod organizer I can just simply create another profile and that will let me load a whole another list of mods?

Yes, that's exactly how it works!