Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

El Disco posted:

I tried on my phone calculator but the screen flipped :saddowns:

goddamn it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

It looks like Chief Justice Lowtax overturned exmarx's Donate To RAINN Act so expect a bunch of TOXX bans soon.

So many of them are permaban toxxed, too. :ohdear:

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Zelder posted:

you know you've lost track of the game when your argument is "get out and talk to REAL people, nerd" *flexes so hard that shirt shoots off like a pressurized bullet*

I went outside yesterday because I didn't get to have the election hangover or even day off - this thread isn't wrong, there's a lot of reasons why people voted in Donald. There is one common thing said: Hillary made me feel bad. I believe it, even if I don't have a solution or agree with it.

That above interaction is something we are all going to have to deal with. I'd say get your social skills good and sharpened for the next four years. No hikkikomori in Trumps American tm

E: I really want a pressurized shirt

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Who What Now posted:

Voting for Obama does not make it impossible to be a bigot, you loving moron.

No you see voters are either progressives/liberals or they're caricature racists with giant swastikas tattooed on their heads, hurling bricks at every minority they see on the street.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

All part of the "Let's Make Something Awful Again!" campaign.

Can't have money going to victims of rape when a campaign to bring money into this site is running.

Feels like the best of all possible redistribution worlds. Nerds are spending money on rape victims and the forums to re-reg. They just didn't know it. :xd:

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Humans are inherently unstable animals that will react if you give them something to feel. Trump's wild racism, bigotry, and hate propelled some people to vote and convinced others to stay home. Hillary never had any coherent emotion in her plan.

The picture of the people that showed up for Obama but not Hillary is a single mom who has to get her kid ready for school in time to get to her job at Dennys, and then speed across town after that to pick up a shift at the counter at jiffy lube in order to stay only a little underwater on her car and house, and for whom taking time off to vote means not getting to spend time with her kid or maybe not being able to pay her phone bill that month.

Hillary didn't really offer her anything more valuable than an hour and a half with her kid.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Armani posted:

I still never got an an answer to why any of you voted Trump that wasn't 'hillary' btw. What the hell does the actual end game of your vote look like? You got the dude, tell me what you're going to get out of it.

Having not personally voted for the anthropomorphic spray tan:

- Supreme court nomination in the hands of the GOP

- For all the poo poo it gets, the movement to repeal the ACA has some basis. Can confirm that my alrewady low income has been taxed with several thousand more doallrs per year between premium and deductible increases. My company also has fewer insured people now as their increased cost lead to a dependent verification and knocked several hundred technically unqualified people off coverage.

- A good number of voters saw Trump as less likely to start another ground war in the Middle-East than a Clinton administration belligerent to Syria/Iran.

- At least one acquaintance with family to include children in the Philippines who saw Trump as a chance at mending relations rather than risk massively increased Chinese and Russian influences in a country he's already terrified is going down the drain hard enough.

E: Was not going to bring it up, but a large number of pro-lifers went to Trump. Those convictions are strong and there we go. Most women I know who checked the R box did so for that reason.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Good! The sooner the Hillary boosters are kicked out of the forums and the party the sooner we can start making real plans for real Americans.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

biracial bear for uncut posted:

All part of the "Let's Make Something Awful Again!" campaign.

Can't have money going to victims of rape when a campaign to bring money into this site is running.

yeah this is a deeply, deeply lovely thing to do unless he donates all of the rereg money to RAINN

also i have to laugh at the pearl clutching of "leftist echo chamber" as if a place where it's not OK to use racial slurs or be a bigot is bad

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 10, 2016

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Who What Now posted:

And voting for Trump does not make you a literal neo-nazi goosestepping into Poland, you smug piece of poo poo.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Zelder posted:

also serious question does trumps plan of "i'm going to fix everything, trust me, we're going to do great, it'll be great" legit count as focusing on economic issues. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, i feel like of all trump's plans, that's always been the vaguest and most straight up "wish fulfillment" of the things he says at rallies/in policies. Is that really all it takes to make the argument that he reached out to white america's economic concerns?

Think of it like a Tyler Perry movie. Do they have particularly good plots? No. Are they shot in interesting ways? No. Do they have a good message? No. However they are the only movies that are actually made by and for a black audience. Ditto Trump and disaffected white in the rust belt. Like you said he has no plans and can't bring their jobs back, but he was the only one even trying to speak to them and so they gave him a shot.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Good! The sooner the Hillary boosters are kicked out of the forums and the party the sooner we can start making real plans for real Americans.

I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that I hate you deeply as a person. Even if this is all an "act" you put on and in real life you're totally different, you have a very hosed up brain.

I didn't even toxx for her, so I'll still be here yelling at you forever.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Also I'm extremely skeptical that Trump voters that voted Obama twice are a large group. It's more likely that two time Obama voters stayed home.

"The country voted for Obama, TWICE. We can't be racist anymore how dare you imply that's a thing" said by guy that voted McCain then Romney. People are trying to use the successes of others to piggyback and whitewash their own racism.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The number of people that voted in this election was abysmal. We need to get more people to vote. We definitely need to connect with more voters or else voting numbers are gonna continue to drop.

It would also be kinda nice if all those voter-suppression laws hadn't been enacted, but welp. Who needs the Voting Rights Act, eh Justice Roberts?

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Waffles Inc. posted:

yeah this is a deeply, deeply lovely thing to do unless he donates all of the rereg money to RAINN

also i have to laugh at the pearl clutching of "leftist echo chamber" as if a place where it's not OK to use racial slurs or be a bigot is bad

You can't be bigoted against the bigots. That's bad.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

pocket pool posted:

No you see voters are either progressives/liberals or they're caricature racists with giant swastikas tattooed on their heads, hurling bricks at every minority they see on the street.

"No minority has ever been the target of violence" -pocket pool

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Butch Cassidy posted:

Having not personally voted for the anthropomorphic spray tan:

- Supreme court nomination in the hands of the GOP

- For all the poo poo it gets, the movement to repeal the ACA has some basis. Can confirm that my alrewady low income has been taxed with several thousand more doallrs per year between premium and deductible increases. My company also has fewer insured people now as their increased cost lead to a dependent verification and knocked several hundred technically unqualified people off coverage.

- A good number of voters saw Trump as less likely to start another ground war in the Middle-East than a Clinton administration belligerent to Syria/Iran.

- At least one acquaintance with family to include children in the Philippines who saw Trump as a chance at mending relations rather than risk massively increased Chinese and Russian influences in a country he's already terrified is going down the drain hard enough.

E: Was not going to bring it up, but a large number of pro-lifers went to Trump. Those convictions are strong and there we go. Most women I know who checked the R box did so for that reason.

So when everyone's healthcare is somehow even worse, the people who have insurance are boasting poo poo plans registered in Delaware that don't insure poo poo, and we end up in a lovely middle eastern ground war anyway because trump is surrounded by the actual and not imaginary architects of brown death... how long will it take for there to be soul searching and an acknowledgement that maybe this wasn't the election for a protest vote?

I won't hold my breath.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

So many of them are permaban toxxed, too. :ohdear:

Did any big names permatox?

I think it sounds like the right decision but I hope that doesn't stop them from donating.

WampaLord posted:

I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that I hate you deeply as a person. Even if this is all an "act" you put on and in real life you're totally different, you have a very hosed up brain.

Yeah I think some of the big Hillary proponents ended up being hilariously wrong (and sometimes leading to some lovely and now ironic interactions) but wanting them gone for wrong think is not cool at all.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 10, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

John_A_Tallon posted:

You can't be bigoted against the bigots. That's bad.

you don't get the benefit of the doubt on this so i'm assuming you're being earnest in which case: gently caress. you.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

I welcome your hate :)

Sorry you perms-toxxed for a loser. Not my problem you were so confident in the Shillster

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

The number of people that voted in this election was abysmal. We need to get more people to vote. We definitely need to connect with more voters or else voting numbers are gonna continue to drop.

Good news, your hated queen of death losing means that you will never see this because voting rights are going to be further cut down upon by the full power of an evil federal government. Sucks!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Glazier posted:

Think of it like a Tyler Perry movie. Do they have particularly good plots? No. Are they shot in interesting ways? No. Do they have a good message? No. However they are the only movies that are actually made by and for a black audience. Ditto Trump and disaffected white in the rust belt. Like you said he has no plans and can't bring their jobs back, but he was the only one even trying to speak to them and so they gave him a shot.

hmm that's fair, i can respect that.

i mean i'll still be hear hollering "white genocide (the fun kind, where we make interracial babies)" till the end of my days (2 years into a trump administration), but that's a good way to put it that I can understand

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

kartikeya posted:

That's not what I said. Please reread. I said USPOL posters were laughing about how the stupid DNC was going to do this and now they're doing it themselves, for pretty much the same reasons, but still insisting no they are super great progressives while denying racism and throwing minorities out the car window. I am not hell-bent on equating talk of refocusing on class issues with proof of lefty racism, I'm pointing out people are being absolute shitheads and claiming that minorities and their issues robbed the poor white man of his class attention.

Class issues and race issues are intensely intertwined. This is not a thing that can just be unraveled while ignoring the other, and if people think saying 'maybe stop killing so many black people' occasionally is somehow taking over the entire DNC platform with identity politics, as has been implied and stated outright in this thread, then yes I'm going to go 'wow what a shithead you are'. This doesn't mean I don't care about class, but the reactions I've been getting to just saying 'Trump supporters are racists, white people have a big problem they need to address, and choosing not to vote against a fascist because you're mad at the centrist Democrat is maybe not a great idea when the cost is so high' have been loving magical.
Okay fair enough. I agree and said something to this effect upthread. For all the talk about minority turnout, Clinton still crushed it with AA and Hispanics. White liberals would have handed this election to Clinton but they didn't show up to the polls, and that is a terrible thing. As I also mentioned upthread I agree that fixing that is something that will largely fall on white liberals who do take racial issues seriously. For myself I've got a few people in my social circle who fit this to a T and while I was already trying to explain to them why they're idiots, I will redouble efforts there and as it turns out I've got some pretty loving strong evidence of same in the form of this week.

Okay, and now comes the part where I'm going to piss you off:

That can only accomplish so much. I am probably not eloquent enough or famous enough to even convince some of my idiot friends to get their poo poo together. I am probably in the overwhelming majority in this. If it were otherwise, cultural change would come quickly and not take decades. But, we don't have decades, we have two years to reorganize the Democratic party into something that can win the House and Senate in 2018. That is, to put it lightly, a tall loving order. It can be done but that path to that will not depend heavily on getting a few white liberals to convince enough other white liberals that racial issues are seriously, lethally important. It will, I suspect, depend an awful lot on refocusing on issues that more of the Democratic base can personally relate to - but (and I suspect you already know this but I want to reiterate it), that is not an abandonment racial issues.

That's the lay of the land as I see it. And it loving sucks. I'm loving gutted by the results of this election - I can't imagine what PoC must be going through. We let you down. My priority is that it doesn't happen again.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

well at least we get to watch accelerationists realize that, yes, things can get way way worse without any promise of things getting better!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I welcome your hate :)

Sorry you perms-toxxed for a loser. Not my problem you were so confident in the Shillster

Boy, you can't even read, huh? I didn't toxx at all.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Quorum posted:

Good news, your hated queen of death losing means that you will never see this because voting rights are going to be further cut down upon by the full power of an evil federal government. Sucks!

Maybe she shouldn't have relied on a computer to tell her where to campaign and how the electorate was gonna turn out. I don't get why you're not blaming Hillary for her awful campaign.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Who What Now posted:

"No minority has ever been the target of violence" -pocket pool

What the gently caress are you talking about? I'm mocking the people who are saying that race played no role in this race at all because no racist would have ever voted for a progressive black guy.

Maybe you should read from a few pages back.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Boy, you can't even read, huh? I didn't toxx at all.

I wasn't referring to you permatoxxing. I was referring to the soon to be banned losers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bad Decision Dino posted:

And voting for Trump does not make you a literal neo-nazi goosestepping into Poland, you smug piece of poo poo.

Voting for him doesn't, no. It's all the other poo poo they do that makes them literal neo-Nazis.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Quorum posted:

So when everyone's healthcare is somehow even worse

Not everyone's. Again, I work for my area's largest employer and our cost jumped several grand with the start of the ACA and several hundred were cut off from their benefits where costs had previously been lower enough the company had been willing to look the other way.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I am not an American but I think part of the people who voted for Trump just want to see the world burn like a forest fire and hopefully something better will come out of this.

quick edit: Also this election was a shitshow; you had to decided between a idiot king or a criminal who had no judgement.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 10, 2016

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Waffles Inc. posted:

On the other hand, what do you expect out of a website that was founded on being an as edgy as possible haven for white basement dwelling nerds?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Zelder posted:

well at least we get to watch accelerationists realize that, yes, things can get way way worse without any promise of things getting better!

Accelerationism can't fail it can only be failed! *accelerates off cliff and explodes*

Bleusilences posted:

I am not an American but I think part of the people who voted for Trump just want to see the world burn like a forest fire and hopefully something better will come out of this.

I think there is a not-insignificant amount of his voters that want other people to feel their own misery.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 10, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

Not everyone's. Again, I work for my area's largest employer and our cost jumped several grand with the start of the ACA and several hundred were cut off from their benefits where costs had previously been lower enough the company had been willing to look the other way.

Just loving :lol: if you think your costs are going to go down. Insurance profits will just go up uP UP!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Butch Cassidy posted:

So your employer went out of their way to ratfuck you but somehow that's the ACA's fault.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Who What Now posted:

Voting for him doesn't, no. It's all the other poo poo they do that makes them literal neo-Nazis.
http://cdn.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/original-size/images/2016/11/blogs/graphic-detail/20161112_woc961_0.png
I do not recall the SS being such a diverse organisation.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kilroy posted:

That's the lay of the land as I see it. And it loving sucks. I'm loving gutted by the results of this election - I can't imagine what PoC must be going through. We let you down. My priority is that it doesn't happen again.

I'm cautiously optimistic that since he is such a loose canon he might not just be a rubber stamp for the "GOP Elite". I won't pretend to speak for all black people but I for one an not surprised at all by this, the last eight years seemed like a dream we were going to wake up from eventually. My father was born in a negro hospital, so to go from that type of segregation to a black President in a single generation always seemed like it was a little too good to be true.

WampaLord posted:

Just loving :lol: if you think your costs are going to go down. Insurance profits will just go up uP UP!

Oh yeah we're all going to end up with HSAs and High Deductible Plans, with no coverage for pre-existing conditions and low lifetime limits on payouts.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I have a feeling you don't recall or understand a lot of things.

Edit:

A huge majority white is apparently "diverse" now. Literally the "I have a single black friend" argument.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Yeah I mean the really stupid thing about acccelarationists is that they don't understand that human trajectory isn't an orbit, when a society turns right it can just keep going and going and never stop, look at England for example, people thought Thatcher was a good test for their theory but nope she changed Britain in completely irreversible ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I hope that a lot of red staters lose their insurance in the future and suffer for it, they deserve it. It is just shame that decent people will suffer at the same time though.

• Locked thread