Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Just loving :lol: if you think your costs are going to go down. Insurance profits will just go up uP UP!

Before the ACA medical insurance was this balloon waiting to pop but a lot of people either were lucky enough to have good plans through employers or hadn't needed to use their lovely ones and realize they were hosed. The ACA made insurance an issue that then couldn't be ignored so more people had to see the system was unsustainable in the long run instead of being able to bury their heads in the sand. Now you have dummies that think that the ACA is the cause and not the system itself so reverting back will solve everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Waffles Inc. posted:

yeah this is a deeply, deeply lovely thing to do unless he donates all of the rereg money to RAINN

also i have to laugh at the pearl clutching of "leftist echo chamber" as if a place where it's not OK to use racial slurs or be a bigot is bad

Assuming that the only way to call an echo chamber an echo chamber is to hate people for being black. Nice.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

On the other hand, what do you expect out of a website that was founded on being an as edgy as possible haven for white basement dwelling nerds?

Never forget this is the website that gave us Star Wars 9/11.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Waffles Inc. posted:

yeah this is a deeply, deeply lovely thing to do unless he donates all of the rereg money to RAINN

also i have to laugh at the pearl clutching of "leftist echo chamber" as if a place where it's not OK to use racial slurs or be a bigot is bad

Are you, like, forgetting what forum we're posting on. Toxx bans are a tradition and they're funny. Deal with it.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Lol how can you post this and not realise this reflects a highly nondiverse and overwhelmingly white movement.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

DeusExMachinima posted:

Never forget this is the website that gave us Star Wars 9/11.

:drat:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

It looks like Chief Justice Lowtax overturned exmarx's Donate To RAINN Act so expect a bunch of TOXX bans soon.

Ha ha ha yeeeesss

Eat it you millennial fucks :smugdon:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

For the record, I never understood the point of Toxxing for an election. You win nothing, why even bet?

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Lol how can you post this and not realise this reflects a highly nondiverse and overwhelmingly white movement.
I didn't realize that 1/4th of hispanics and asians in the US were literally a part of the KKK.

Who What Now posted:

A huge majority white is apparently "diverse" now. Literally the "I have a single black friend" argument.
Even 1/4 represents millions, but I guess discounting minority opinion is only racist if you're not a democrat.

Bad Decision Dino fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 10, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How many of the toxxes were permas?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

DeusExMachinima posted:

Assuming that the only way to call an echo chamber an echo chamber is to hate people for being black. Nice.

Yeah, well, keep in mind that this forum literally set up two black poster ghetto threads and told every black forum member that if they were posting in USPol threads about the actual race issues involved in the campaigns that they would be banned.

You don't have to actually post racial slurs to be a racist on the forum. Hell, just look at the idiots buying custom red titles for anyone that posted in the ghetto threads.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

WampaLord posted:

For the record, I never understood the point of Toxxing for an election. You win nothing, why even bet?

The chance to have your 90% shot blow up in your face like that one guy getting hit with a grenade in the Hacksaw Ridge trailer

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How many of the toxxes were permas?

Anyone who earned a gang tag permatoxxed.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

All trump voters are irredeemable racists and we should do no effort to even consider them as fellow countrymen. They Are fully responsible for the system that gave them two flawed candidates and they are also fully responsible for all the economic troubles they have faced for the past 3 decades. Also all trump voters are white as gently caress. Hillary was a perfect candidate and I'm going to remind you that she won the popular vote, dammit, even if half of all eligible voters didn't vote.

#ImStillWithHer

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

And you must be reminded what Hillary offered as an alternative: poo poo all. For each racist remark, Trump at least promised them something tangible as a reward for their vote (promise being the key word, before you delve into the obvious).

Those promises were all based on racism and xenophobia you weirdo. Cracking down on immigration. Abandoning NATO allies. Fighting (((Globalism))).

And none of them are tangible without a detailed plan for their execution, which wasn't offered and won't be delivered on.

Here's the thing that you and your ilk will become very familiar with over the next 4 years: Hillary lost. This is no longer about what Hillary did or did not offer you petulant children. It's now about the promises Trump will break and the standards he'll fail to live up to. This is the prime time slot he was wishing for. Every day will become a referendum on why the EC picked this terrible candidate over the American people's wishes.

Bad Decision Dino posted:

And voting for Trump does not make you a literal neo-nazi goosestepping into Poland, you smug piece of poo poo.

I agree that there are ideological differences in the white nationalist movement and I wouldn't be quick to label all white nationalists as "neo-Nazis".

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Just loving :lol: if you think your costs are going to go down. Insurance profits will just go up uP UP!

No, I don't. Someone asked why people voted Trump that wasn't $hillary. A large chunk of the low-income labor force saw their insurance get hosed immediately in the wake of the ACA and voted Trump in hopes of a new plan to take the edge off. Grounded or not, it's why they did so. But do continue using me, who did not vote for Trump, as a stand-in for an R voter to argue with.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

All trump voters are irredeemable racists and we should do no effort to even consider them as fellow countrymen. They Are fully responsible for the system that gave them two flawed candidates and they are also fully responsible for all the economic troubles they have faced for the past 3 decades. Also all trump voters are white as gently caress. Hillary was a perfect candidate and I'm going to remind you that she won the popular vote, dammit, even if half of all eligible voters didn't vote.

#ImStillWithHer

This. So much this. We might have lost, but the important thing to take away is there is absolutely nothing we could've done differently, nothing to learn from our defeat, and no way we should alter our behavior in the future. If we do, the bigots win

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i will say, all joking and irony aside, that the symbolism of the world's biggest bully taking the most important job in the land absolutely loving sucks

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

biracial bear for uncut posted:

You don't have to actually post racial slurs to be a racist on the forum.

:same:

Unfortunately for you, in your post that I quoted you specifically laid out being unable to use racial slurs as the reason for people calling DND an echo chamber. The court finds your defense inadmissible and may God have mercy on your soul.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

DeusExMachinima posted:

what legitimate non-bigoted positions can conservatives hold that are suppressed on D&D to the point where people refer to it as an echo chamber?

keep in mind SA poc have separate threads that they post in to talk about issues and are given red-text for it

the worst thing is that because of these permabans and emboldened /pol/ style posters the forums are gonna swing right really hard and it's gonna suck a lot

<--- see

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

WampaLord posted:

And why even toxx if your not gonna follow through

You know if Hillary won, the trump supporters would not have gotten such an easy out.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Deified Data posted:

I agree that there are ideological differences in the white nationalist movement and I wouldn't be quick to label all white nationalists as "neo-Nazis".
What about the Trump voters who, you know, weren't white?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Zelder posted:

i will say, all joking and irony aside, that the symbolism of the world's biggest bully taking the most important job in the land absolutely loving sucks

I'm extremely pissed off that Trump's wishes were granted. Now everyone has to acknowledge how important he is. He's the most powerful person in the world, now those NY elite finally have to accept him.

He even gets to be in that book!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

My Linux Rig posted:

And why even toxx if your not gonna follow through

You know if Hillary won, the trump supporters would not have gotten such an easy out.

actually when the whole "he's a legit rapist" tape dropped they were given a chance to absolve themselves of the ban and take a 30 day probation

turns out that america loves rapists though, so ultimately it didn't matter!

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Waffles Inc. posted:

what legitimate non-bigoted positions can conservatives hold that are suppressed on D&D to the point where people refer to it as an echo chamber?

keep in mind SA poc have separate threads that they post in to talk about issues and are given red-text for it

the worst thing is that because of these permabans and emboldened /pol/ style posters the forums are gonna swing right really hard and it's gonna suck a lot

<--- see

I liked your old avatar, it was cute imagining the little fox saying everything you were saying.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lots of people were screaming for toxxes as a way to win arguments which was a weird thing to do.

WampaLord posted:

I'm extremely pissed off that Trump's wishes were granted. Now everyone has to acknowledge how important he is. He's the most powerful person in the world, now those NY elite finally have to accept him.

He even gets to be in that book!

I hope the job destroys him but I expect he will do nothing and let his cabinet of ghouls do whatever they want while sitting in his fancy New York bed.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 10, 2016

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

#ImStillWithHer

Hillary was a very flawed candidate, even if it wasn't her fault.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Bad Decision Dino posted:

I didn't realize that 1/4th of hispanics and asians in the US were literally a part of the KKK.

Even 1/4 represents millions, but I guess discounting minority opinion is only racist if you're not a democrat.

I'm not sure you realise how many foreigners were in the SS.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Zelder posted:

Yeah this

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Radish posted:

Lots of people were screaming for toxxes as a way to win arguments which was a weird thing to do.

it's hard to show you're tuff enuff when you're faceless on an internet forum

skin in the game, son

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

<--- see

It's the dogpile and self-reinforcing cycle (see how convinced DND was that Hillary would win) more than anything else. Your redtext is because you were hilariously whiny about people losing a $10 bet.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

My one regret about the election is not putting a couple hundred bucks on Trump winning. At least that would've somewhat mitigated the next 4 years being absolute poo poo.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Zelder posted:

actually when the whole "he's a legit rapist" tape dropped they were given a chance to absolve themselves of the ban and take a 30 day probation

Bullshit, where's the post then?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zelder posted:

Jeb Bush jinxed us all, the world will not allow him to be right about literally anything.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I kind of wonder if we will see a backwards shift culturally similar to what happened during Reagan's administration. Things got really conservative really quick in film , television, etc...

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Zelder posted:

but i thought both sides were the same!! those poor trump supporters who would have been banned had he lost :cry:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

c-span moderation was atrocious in the lead-up to the election. You could barely say hillary was poo poo without getting probated.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

My Linux Rig posted:

It happened in CSPAM and was stickied in the Trump toxx thread. What's funny is a few people didn't take the offer so they are laughing now (or not?).

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

my belief is that americans would overwhelmingly support a genuinely progressive candidate in the general election, but the monied interests funding the dnc obstruct the progressives of the party and havent yet concluded that enacting meaningful progressive reforms is far less expensive than political and economic instability

they will soon

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

DeusExMachinima posted:

It's the dogpile and self-reinforcing cycle (see how convinced DND was that Hillary would win) more than anything else. Your redtext is because you were hilariously whiny about people losing a $10 bet.

you seem like someone who is insulated enough to think that this was a normal election

also: everyone thought hillary was going to win. it wasn't just D&D you moron

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

My Linux Rig posted:

here you go, weird incredulous guy

Baloogan posted:

Hark! Hark! Harken to me.

Friends, Romans, fellow goons, lend me your ears
I come to bury TRUMP, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Trump.

The good lord shines his mercy upon us sinners. I come with a way to redeem your mortal souls.

REPUDIATE TRUMP
SPIT UPON HIM, UPON HIS NAME, UPON HIS MOVEMENT
REPUDIATE YOUR SUPPORT FOR TRUMP

and your SOUL and your ACCOUNT will be saved.
and your TOXX will be annulled.

Your foolishness will be punished with a MONTH LONG PROBATION for the BAD JUDGEMENT you have shown in supporting such a man.

SPEAK NOW, to SAVE YOUR SOULS. Quote this post, and give a SINCERE reason or two for why you repudiate trump.

The alternative is eternal damnation. An automatic upgrade to a permatoxx.

This is your chance to save yourselves, and release the hold that Trump has on your mortal souls.

Repent. REPENT.

from page 63 of the toxx thread

• Locked thread