Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah that just looks like the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TheDK posted:

I feel like they've been making GBS threads out the same Movie Optimus for years now. Granted, I don't own any of them so I wouldn't be able to tell you what makes them different from each other.

The leader toys for the first and second movies were significantly different, and the 4th movie had an entirely new design with very different toys. The Last Knight is also the first time a voyager version of this Optimus is made.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Well this one looks like it has shittier paint apps for starters

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Steve Vader posted:

Is anyone playing the Earth Wars game here? I could use a good alliance. The one I was in Imploded. I have a Level 11 HQ.

Are you a Decepticon? I'm on one called "Predators". We war 4x a week usually in Gold league and have what I feel are fairly aggressive minimums for events though we usually place ~300th.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Steve Vader posted:

Is anyone playing the Earth Wars game here? I could use a good alliance. The one I was in Imploded. I have a Level 11 HQ.

Diet Poison posted:

Are you a Decepticon? I'm on one called "Predators". We war 4x a week usually in Gold league and have what I feel are fairly aggressive minimums for events though we usually place ~300th.

I'm on the Decepticon side in Quantum's Web. I'm not a try-hard so I just settle in the 3rd tier. (They have 3 alliances)

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Really having a hard time figuring out if I want to pre-order this MP Megatron with orange barrel or try to obtain some other way (a con or something?). I imagine it's going to be hard to come by but I'm worried about them ripping open the packaging and loving with the figure. Am I overreacting? Anyone else already pre-order from BBTS?

e: Also $230 is fuckin steep.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 10, 2016

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Diet Poison posted:

Ah, no, I'm an Autobot. And I just found a new alliance - we'll see how this works. I just need to get Superion going.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I saw a car on the street the other day that looked exactly like movie hubcap. I had to do a double take.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

TheDK posted:

Really having a hard time figuring out if I want to pre-order this MP Megatron with orange barrel or try to obtain some other way (a con or something?). I imagine it's going to be hard to come by but I'm worried about them ripping open the packaging and loving with the figure. Am I overreacting? Anyone else already pre-order from BBTS?

e: Also $230 is fuckin steep.

If it's in the U.S., it's going to have the orange plug. When I bought MP5 Megatron from BBTS, they treated the figure with care. They know that collectors are going to be very tough on any damages or imperfections. The glue holding the plug in place was a smaller-than-pea-sized amount of standard hot glue. It took very little effort to remove it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

$230 for that Megatron is jokes, unless he comes with the stock and barrel accessories and also a $50 bill in the box.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 10, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

History Comes Inside! posted:

$230 for that Megatron is jokes, unless he comes with the stock and barrel accessories and also a $50 bill in the box.

The MP-10 reissue is $220.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MMC posted there's going to be delays in their releases on face book. I asked if this will push back their Hot Rod and Drift and apparently they went back in for more sculpting on those.

TheDK posted:

Really having a hard time figuring out if I want to pre-order this MP Megatron with orange barrel or try to obtain some other way (a con or something?).
Doesn't surprise me the Donkey Kong would be afraid of barrels.

You could get it one way or the other at tfcon, but the american retailers will probably orange barrel it up

Rhyno posted:

It's $160. NA etailer mark up is jokes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

You could get it one way or the other at tfcon, but the american retailers will probably orange barrel it up
It's $160. NA etailer mark up is jokes.

I'm sure that MP Megs is cheaper in Japan as well. There are two sellers on FB doing it for $200 shipped right now.

Anyways, the RID toon is garbage the the toy line continues to be fantastic.

Bludgeon!

Blurr!

Soundwave!

Twinferno. Yay.

Skywarp!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Whoa whoa whoa, wtf, those are super rad???? Animated 2.0!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

God drat right they are! The line started out a bit weak but man these newer ones are fantastic. I just picked up Fracture today and he's the best bike bot in a long time. Waifu Windblade is far superior to her Generations version and Paralon/Skorponok is an amazing mold. The Warrior class size are really hitting it out of the park.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well, Twinferno sucks but the rest are great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

well, Twinferno sucks but the rest are great.

Agreed but I'm just thrilled at all the new molds instead of repaints. And all those Autobots will get an OS knockoff so you know I'll be double dipping.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Agreed but I'm just thrilled at all the new molds instead of repaints. And all those Autobots will get an OS knockoff so you know I'll be double dipping.
I know it's petty but those RID faction symbols are ugly and I do not like them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They look the same? Unless you mean the crap around them in which case I can see not liking that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

They look the same? Unless you mean the crap around them in which case I can see not liking that.

Yeah the circled around them is for use in a game that may not even be supported anymore.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Whoa these all came from nowhere (well we did see a proto Bludgeon at the last fair). I'd love a set of all three seekers in that mold. Bludgeon is rad as always and the megatronus mold is awesome.

Also, there's a black Grimlock repaint named "Stealthasaurus Rex"

This one actually seems great design wise, it hides the truck bits magically. Those paint apps though, urgh.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah my main gripe is the white circle sticker thing around them. It is much more noticeable than the standard faction symbols and can be a big distraction. Those molds DO look fun and maybe I need to get one and try to take the sticker off and replace with something else or nothing at all.

I've been tempted by the scorponok a few times, the only deal breaker was that dumb sticker.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

MP-10 owns, MP-36 is bad.

Despotron has spoiled me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

History Comes Inside! posted:

MP-10 owns, MP-36 is bad.

Despotron has spoiled me.

BRO.

MP-36 looks better than any 3P 'tron so far.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Captain Invictus posted:

Woah hey, let's not say thing we can't take back, now. Everyone knows Animated is the best official toy line and to even compare this to it sacrilege.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

BRO.

Yeah if you like your Megatron to be a scrawny bitch with a lumpy torso he's the bees knees

I just pre-ordered a reissue MP-10 because I can't be bothered to go find my anniversary Prime and MPP10 needs a buddy. I guess also the rest of my normally scaled MP guys would also benefit from a decent and correctly scaled OP.

Wife gonna flip her poo poo because you already have a really big one of that guy whats the point in a smaller one and why the gently caress did it cost 3x as much are you mentally ill

VVVVV- Yeah and with a decently sized fusion cannon compared to the wimpy babby-gun on all the other Megatrons. Megatroni?

I buy the ones that look the most like the character my inner 8 year old still pictures them to look like, which for Megatron is apparently a combo of G1 cartoon and IDW's bruiser gladiator design.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 10, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Despotron is an armored Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'll just be over here, waiting for the 2 3P non-MP Megatrons coming out.

Sockser posted:

Woah hey, let's not say thing we can't take back, now. Everyone knows Animated is the best official toy line and to even compare this to it sacrilege.
If it isn't already Titans Return will be the best line when it finishes.

All three phase sixers in one line? Hell yes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

If it isn't already Titans Return will be the best line when it finishes.

All three phase sixers in one line? Hell yes

Look at this guy forgetting about Spacebus and Blitzwang.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Rhyno posted:

BRO.

Yeah, absolutely. I mean, I look at Despotron and it's just a big, blocky bag of ugly shite, I'm stunned anyone would even buy one. Complete trash.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It’s time for…

:siren: THE 2016 TRANSFORMERS THREAD SECRET SANTA! :siren:

Yes, it’s that time of the year again!

If you're new to this Secret Santa malarkey, we all throw our names into my hat, receive a random name, and send that person a lovely gift of Transformers goodies, toys, candy, maybe some booze, and all around a big ol' ball of holiday cheer! It's fun, trust me. No really.

SIGNING UP:

1) First thing, sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/MjPykMGS9v5NmP2E3

If you find you are having problems, email me at doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail [dot] com
In the subject, please include the tag [TFSS] as I am running another Secret Santa and don’t want to confuse the two.

2) Post in this thread! Tell us what kinds of stuff you're into! Once Santas are assigned, we're all going to be trying to figure each other out, so some healthy conversation will help things go smoothly.

3) DEADLINE: The deadline for sign-ups is FRIDAY NOVEMBER 18TH! #SAVETHEDAY Assignments will go out shortly thereafter.

4) BUDGET: Somewhere in the $25-$30 (£15-20) range (before shipping). You're welcome to spend more, but that's no guarantee you'll get that much in return. Gag gifts are cool, but please include some kind of actual gift.

5) COLLEGE STUDENTS: Remember that these gifts will likely go out around the holiday break, so be mindful of which address you give me. If you have any concerns about packages being stolen from your doorstep, use the address of your work/friend/parents, just so long as it's cool with them.

6) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If you sign up for this, you are agreeing to the possibility of getting an international address. The USPS international price calculator can be found here.

7) SHIPPING DEADLINES:

Royal Mail last posting days: http://www.royalmail.com/greetings

USPS Holiday deadlines: https://www.usps.com/holiday/

8) WHEN YOUR GIFT ARRIVES: Show us your loot! Take pictures! You can wait until Christmas morning if you want, but still, show us all the awesome goodies your Santa brought you.

9) LATE PACKAGES: If you haven't received your gift by January 1st, let me know so I can look into it. If you haven't SENT your gift by December 15th, let me know so I can contact your recipient.

10) DON'T BE A DEADBEAT: If you sign up, please get your person something. Nobody likes a deadbeat santa.

11) FINALLY: A Merry Christmas to all of you at home!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 11, 2016

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

I'll sign up this year, but your link is for the Doctor Who Thread Secret Santa.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

the guy from Semisonic posted:

I'll sign up this year, but your link is for the Doctor Who Thread Secret Santa.

Good catch, thanks!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

Soundwave!

Soundwave was in season 2, and was just his Prime self.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Soundwave was in season 2, and was just his Prime self.

Well RID is a sequel to Prime. But they didn't release a figure for that. This pretty much means he's coming back in a new body.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Soundwave!

Oh yeah, I forgot, RID is the sequel to Prime, which was supposed to somehow be in the same genre as War for Cybetron. Interesting way of calling back to that.

I kind of feel these are a step down from the wacky designs they had earlier in the show. Nothing can top the crab car in my heart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot, RID is the sequel to Prime, which was supposed to somehow be in the same genre as War for Cybetron. Interesting way of calling back to that.

I kind of feel these are a step down from the wacky designs they had earlier in the show. Nothing can top the crab car in my heart.

They responded to the critics of the show, the fans wanted less animal baddies and more classic Decepticons.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

They responded to the critics of the show, the fans wanted less animal baddies and more classic Decepticons.

Man, what? I want more Mega Man X bad guys, not less!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rhyno posted:

"YEAH THAT PART OF THE SHOW THAT'S ACTUALLY CREATIVE AND GOOD? loving KNOCK IT OFF."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

"YEAH THAT PART OF THE SHOW THAT'S ACTUALLY CREATIVE AND GOOD? loving KNOCK IT OFF."

No part of the show is actually good.