Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Is there a new eeveelution this gen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

hangedman1984 posted:

Drageon remains but a cruel dream.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dehry posted:

It looks like the game gives multiples of the version exclusive Ultra Beasts.

Source for this?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Geostomp posted:

Wooo. The ball sucks for the exact same reasons as ever. Yay.

Is there a list on the buffs to older mons or the Alola forms yet?

Yep

Older forms.

Alola forms are almost all the same or move a small amout of BST around.

Notable:

Marowack is the same
Persian switched attack and special attack
Exeggutor lost 10 in speed, gained 10 attack
Ninetales lost 10 sp. def, gained 10 attack
Sandslash lost 10 Sp. attack, gained 10 Def
Raticate lost speed and attack for minor boosts to HP and Def

etc.

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 10, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh wow farfetchd finally has one okay stat, gamefreak has officially jumped the shark

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
These are some kind of random Pokémon to buff and a few stange choices of stat boosts. Of all things, why was special attack a priority for Swellow? Or physical attack on Ninetales? Plus 20 extra speed isn't going to salvage Delcatty.

That said, at least it helps some.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Geostomp posted:

These are some kind of random Pokémon to buff and a few stange choices of stat boosts. Of all things, why was special attack a priority for Swellow? Or physical attack on Ninetales? Plus 20 extra speed isn't going to salvage Delcatty.

That said, at least it helps some.

Swellow was kinda falling behind the other birds, but they gave it Boomburst last gen so they decided to make Scrappy Boomburst its gimmick, and it needs a usable special attack stat for that.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Jade Mage posted:

Is anyone able to answer which game my boy alolan marowak is in?

Both. Second island, second trial (third trial in total), volcano path you run into cubones. I *think* the evolution method has changed to happiness during night.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

mabels big day posted:

Swellow was kinda falling behind the other birds, but they gave it Boomburst last gen so they decided to make Scrappy Boomburst its gimmick, and it needs a usable special attack stat for that.

Exploud already has that gimmick and does it better.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

hangedman1984 posted:

They showed the Eevee Z-Move a while back and it didn't feature any new faces.
Edit: https://youtube.com/watch?v=m8lfI66T5II (2:54 in)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 10, 2016

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Funkmaster General posted:

Both. Second island, second trial (third trial in total), volcano path you run into cubones. I *think* the evolution method has changed to happiness during night.

Siiiiick. Thanks a million

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Exploud already has that gimmick and does it better.

exploud is slow though. Swellow can punch holes in teams without getting immediately outsped and overpowered.

you can't underestimate STAB Boomburst either. Even with 50 base Sp At, Choice Specs Swellow is the most common set. Still not very strong, but the special attack boost means a lot.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 10, 2016

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Dr. Fetus posted:

That's a pretty massive buff for Guts users though. Now there's no reason to ever run a Toxic Orb on them. Unless they're that scared of Primarina's Sparkling Aria.
Does Sparkling Aria do double damage if the target is burned (like Smelling Salts), or just cure it?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Seems like your fossil choices this time are Plume or Armor (Archen or Shieldon).

e: The lady selling them says you can only buy one or the other but she actually just sold me both, and it seems like I can keep buying dupes if I want to.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 10, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Seems like your fossil choices this time are Plume or Armor (Archen or Shieldon).

... bizarre as gently caress. Is that both versions or does one get Archen/Shieldon and the other get Tortoruga/Cranidos?

But I'm glad I get my man Archen again.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Crawfish posted:

I prefer the other Pikachu one:

https://twitter.com/pokemon_PhD/status/796576408785002496

Honestly, between this and literally throwing the mouse for great damage, Pikachu did well this generation. Raichu even got thrown a nice bone this time.

Good times all around for the mascot line.

I am kind of disappointed they didn't give us the iconic (although generic) Pikachu Thunderbolt call from the anime with the echo effect but it is good though Pikachu is adorable and gently caress his haters he is cool and good and my friend and so is Raichu.

"I'm so happy, I could just die!"

:allears:

Also my girl Crustle gettin' a buff hell yes slay queen

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

notoriousman posted:

Does Sparkling Aria do double damage if the target is burned (like Smelling Salts), or just cure it?

Just cures it, so it's basically worthless! Not only that, Primarina's hidden ability lacks the power boost function of the -ate abilities.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[ssb No Contest]

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

e: The lady selling them says you can only buy one or the other but she actually just sold me both, and it seems like I can keep buying dupes if I want to.

I think this might be different between versions. I saw the Alolan Pokedex and it also had Rampardos and Turtouga in it, so you might choose between them in the other version.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've read it's just 28 @ Night.

hangedman1984 posted:

Eevee's 'dex entry says it evolves into 8 different species.

e: The image I posted doesn't say anything about Marowak, only new mon's

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 10, 2016

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I think this might be different between versions. I saw the Alolan Pokedex and it also had Rampardos and Turtouga in it, so you might choose between them in the other version.

Possible. I am only playing Moon.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Source for this?

The fact I've caught 2 UB-02s and the game says there are two more.

E:
End game spoilers about this:

The player is recruited by Looker and Anabel (yes that one) to search for leftover Ultra Beasts after Aether opened up a bunch of wormholes. It's in the style of the X&Y Looker stories.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 10, 2016

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Do we know if a pokemon has to be caught in alola to evolve into its alola form? Like if I trade an exeggcute from a previous gen and then evolve it, do I get the regular exeggutor or the big boy?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hardcordion posted:

Do we know if a pokemon has to be caught in alola to evolve into its alola form? Like if I trade an exeggcute from a previous gen and then evolve it, do I get the regular exeggutor or the big boy?

Only Alolan-born pokemon get their Alola forms, so in that example you'd get a regular Exeggutor.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Oh my god, this preschooler in the second graveyard area. "People in graves are sleeping forever, right? If they're sleeping and won't wake up, just give them a Chesto Berry to hold."

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Only Alolan-born pokemon get their Alola forms, so in that example you'd get a regular Exeggutor.

Surely it's hereditary, not dependent on birth location?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Near the Pokemon lab there's an island that can be surfed to. There was a sign that seemed to indicate it's random.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Surely it's hereditary, not dependent on birth location?

There's no way to test this right now, so easier to give the simpler explanation.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"If you find a Pokémon Egg after you've left a regional variant at the nursery, it can hatch into another regional variant of that Pokémon!"

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Has anyone playing encountered capturable Jangmo-o yet?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Reinanigans posted:

Has anyone playing encountered capturable Jangmo-o yet?

I have not, but it is supposedly found on the last island.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Figures. Crabominable will definitely be my fighting type then!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that pokemon and its evolutions are in the 7th (and final) trial, which was just a straight path through a canyon with no obstacles. As with the others, the pokemon aren't actually catchable until it's completed. I wasn't trying to expand my party at that point so I can't say if there are ones roaming around outside.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Figures. Crabominable will definitely be my fighting type then!

I think Crabrawler's evo method is probably also fairly late.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You get daycare on the second island though, so could just trade for one then breed your own.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

this is hypnotic

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Toucannon served me well through the game. It's got a version of sky attack that burns an opponent during the charge phase.

E: Also of note: Ash Greninja won't be usable until after beating the 2nd Kahuna if you were looking for early water coverage.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 10, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I finally find a female Eevee after making a Sylveon just so I can cute charm for it (thanks for that tip earlier!) and she breaks out of a critical capture twice when I use two of few Heal Balls I have (because I'm making her a Sylveon too and co-ordination is important).

Almost cried.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wow, I find my ex's old DSlite and it's really busted up but it has Pokemon heartgold in it. I never actually owned the original gold or silver, just borrowed from a friend, and didn't touch the remakes either. Anything still in here that's particularly rare or valuable. Lots of legendaries and a red gyrados I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hgss have exclusive pokeballs for maximum coordination but really only the moon/love/level balls look good