Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Biplane posted:

Heavy flamer tank is actually god tier. Me and a friend were fuckin around in one on Amiens and managed to wedge it inbetween two walls on E, with one flamethrower pointed down each entrance. We sat there for the entire round killing everyone who ran blind into it and we both ended up with over 50 kills and nearly 30k points :allears:

I can confirm this.

Of course, is not the best tank, or the best tank killer (that would be one of the light tanks or the anty truck.

Is not because how much it kills, is because attitude. Your team hope growns to the sky when they se a fire tank rampaging trough a small town, setting everything on fire, it serve has a rally point for your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the arty truck is the light tank's cooler older brother

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Tei posted:

I can confirm this.

Of course, is not the best tank, or the best tank killer (that would be one of the light tanks or the anty truck.

Is not because how much it kills, is because attitude. Your team hope growns to the sky when they se a fire tank rampaging trough a small town, setting everything on fire, it serve has a rally point for your team.

You inspire me tei

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm trying for the TDM medal... The last segment - 20 kills in one round? :negative:
I'm getting top 3 on the scoreboard consistently, but with like 10 kills only! One round I got 14.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Finger Prince posted:

I'm trying for the TDM medal... The last segment - 20 kills in one round? :negative:
I'm getting top 3 on the scoreboard consistently, but with like 10 kills only! One round I got 14.

supposedly conquest kills count for that part of the medal, have you tried that?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i enjoy this game but I get embarassed everytime i read this thread because yall are always talking about stupid pubbies and thats what I am

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Earwicker posted:

i enjoy this game but I get embarassed everytime i read this thread because yall are always talking about stupid pubbies and thats what I am

So am I. We all are, deep down.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Don't be so self deprecating. Be a chill dude and post funny stories and stuff and ask advice

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

Don't be so self deprecating. Be a chill dude and post funny stories and stuff and ask advice

no i just mean one of these days someone's gonna post a story about some idiot pubbie royally loving it up with a tank or a field gun and i'll recognize myself as the idiot in the story. I will out myself if/when it happens!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Finger Prince posted:

I was going for that last week, like six rounds of conquest in a row I had 19. Couldn't get that last one. Then on Ballroom Blitz, I got 21, but it didn't load the results screen and never counted it. I finally got it a couple of hours later.

I would literally get the 19th kill when we had 700 tickets, then get nothing the rest of the game. I was getting kinda pissed.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FastestGunAlive posted:

That clip of you bringing down the arch with the Arty and getting like 4 snipers is pretty rad.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Most time i get in any kind of tank i immediately attract every single assault player on the map and their anti tank grenades heat seek straight to my tank and i blow up within second.

Of course my teammates are nowhere to be seen because they are to busy being spawn camped to help push out of the spawn trap. That's just how Battlefield goes you know.

Although admittedly the spawn traps tend not to be to as bad as Metro or Locker in BF4. Even in Argonne Forest usually at least SOMEONE will slip through the net and start back capping.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Idiot pubbies are what makes this game fun. If you take a Battlefield game seriously and actually care about winning or K/D than you are the weirdo. It's about loving around with friends doing weird poo poo with vehicles.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

That clip of you bringing down the arch with the Arty and getting like 4 snipers is pretty rad.

i randomly remembered the gif someone posted a few pages back of the plane kamikazing that arch so i decided to try it. gotta try that more often cause it was hilarious

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Most time i get in any kind of tank i immediately attract every single assault player on the map and their anti tank grenades heat seek straight to my tank and i blow up within second.

Of course my teammates are nowhere to be seen because they are to busy being spawn camped to help push out of the spawn trap. That's just how Battlefield goes you know.
If you really want to cause some havoc in a tank you should party up with a friend and grab a landship. The guns will reload even if you're not in them, so if you can coordinate with a driver to rotate while you switch seats, you can basically fire nonstop.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Although admittedly the spawn traps tend not to be to as bad as Metro or Locker in BF4. Even in Argonne Forest usually at least SOMEONE will slip through the net and start back capping.
This is true for Argonne but Suez still has this problem. Fortunately they're fixing that map.

EDIT: :dice: strikes again
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheOneAndOnlyT7/video/23372133

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 10, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

If you really want to cause some havoc in a tank you should party up with a friend and grab a landship. The guns will reload even if you're not in them, so if you can coordinate with a driver to rotate while you switch seats, you can basically fire nonstop.

This is true for Argonne but Suez still has this problem. Fortunately they're fixing that map.

Yeah a couple of guys from the Bone Krew and I trapped the enemy in their spawn on Suez. Then we rained arty from the fort and kept them all hosed up.

It was cool.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Yeah a couple of guys from the Bone Krew and I trapped the enemy in their spawn on Suez. Then we rained arty from the fort and kept them all hosed up.

It was cool.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Speaking of Argonne, has anyone else noticed a balance problem on that map? I've almost exclusively played as the Americans on that map, and it seems basically impossible to take and hold D or E, whereas it seems A and B get backcapped by the enemy frequently.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Finger Prince posted:

Speaking of Argonne, has anyone else noticed a balance problem on that map? I've almost exclusively played as the Americans on that map, and it seems basically impossible to take and hold D or E, whereas it seems A and B get backcapped by the enemy frequently.
I was going through my Codex the other day and apparently after 65 games I still have yet to win a round as the US.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Beastie posted:

It was cool.

Theres no fort on suez bro

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Upon research I find you are correct. I was referring to Fao Fortress.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the arty truck is the light tank's cooler older brother

Arty truck on the first couple sectors of Kaiserschlacht operations as Germans is great. You're always on the high ground so it's always great to perfectly lob a shell through the slits in the bunkers and get like 5 kills.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Saw the spinning blimp for the first time during an operation on the first Amiens map. Capturing a point when suddenly every person around me turns to look at the giant flaming tornado right behind us. Don't fix this dice

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Earwicker posted:

no i just mean one of these days someone's gonna post a story about some idiot pubbie royally loving it up with a tank or a field gun and i'll recognize myself as the idiot in the story. I will out myself if/when it happens!

I know that feeling very well. I know it's unlikely, but I've heard several stories that made me suspect that maybe I was the dipshit in question, myself. I like to try dumb stuff a lot, especially if my team's in the lead and I feel we can afford that sorta thing.

That said, sometimes that dumb stuff works out and it's awesome. Stuff like wrecking poo poo in an attack plane, bailing before crashing it into the only sniper watching an enemy capture point, taking that point solo and then having my squad spawn on me before the other team shows up and then holding it somewhat decently--that's fun. Trying that poo poo's also a good way to gently caress up, though.

I think the only times I don't really focus on objectives as I should is when I get into a bitchin' ride like the airship, where I'm likely to cave to my habit of ruining days using the bombs you can drop as the pilot. Usually works to draw the enemy's attention away from objectives, though.

Ultimately, I'm all for the objective being your #1 target, but the game's too fun to not dick around sometimes.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it some, I'm probably my least useful when I get in a mortar landship. I try to use the mortar to clear contested objectives, but usually I just wind up wasting a tank and everyone's time. S'why I don't do that often.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 11, 2016

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

bug chaser chaser posted:

supposedly conquest kills count for that part of the medal, have you tried that?

I'm trying it, thanks for the tip, I didn't know if they counted. I got 17 today on Grappa, mostly from going into B turret room, grabbing the double machine pistol sentry kit that spawned in there, and mowing down waves of attackers as they tried to come down the stairs. Always had a medic and support in there with me too, for restocks and health. That sentry kit gun is beastly!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finger Prince posted:

I'm trying it, thanks for the tip, I didn't know if they counted. I got 17 today on Grappa, mostly from going into B turret room, grabbing the double machine pistol sentry kit that spawned in there, and mowing down waves of attackers as they tried to come down the stairs. Always had a medic and support in there with me too, for restocks and health. That sentry kit gun is beastly!

Dude I caught like a mob of people in a closed off area and and just racked up the multikills. People kept spawning in on squad mates until I eventually got overwhelmed lol

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I somehow squirted out behind the enemy during the stalemate on Argonne point C last night and went to work with the A10. Such a good feeling. But yeah I definitely have dumb pubbie moments more often than not.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Earwicker posted:

We're all just pubbies with ten dollars less in our pockets.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I was playing operations on Grappa today when we get to the second assault. Enemy has the airship and one of our pubbies spawns in the AA Truck.

He then proceeds to spend the match trying to counter snipe people on the mountain from our spawn. I don't think he shot at the airship once the entire round.

:negative:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yes, while I have yet had a chance to play with goons in a squad, this game is masterful at creating the most insane recordible moments. Like you can die, get a good idea, spawn as say assault, and go full bananas with explosives on a building or tank and it usually ends up working in hilarious ways. I just love it.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yes, while I have yet had a chance to play with goons in a squad, this game is masterful at creating the most insane recordible moments. Like you can die, get a good idea, spawn as say assault, and go full bananas with explosives on a building or tank and it usually ends up working in hilarious ways. I just love it.

the house off to the side of Charlie on Argonne Forest is the best wacky explosive building honeypot. People just default to using it as a waypoint to transition to or from the Bravo trenches and nobody expects a the (un)controlled demolition I've carefully laid out.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the game looks pretty and is OK but BF4 was better. Medic rifles are way too powerful and the snipers should require headshots for all OHKs because getting torso'd from across the map is loving ridiculous.

still feels like battlefield though so :shrug:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Couple of highlights from yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvKg8IGa5t8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vXQwpjefDM

I die a lot.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Finger Prince posted:

I die a lot.

As do I. Some times with less dignity than others.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Terra-da-loo! posted:

As do I. Some times with less dignity than others.

Loooooool!!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Oh god this pistol medal is going to be horrible, even worse than the melee medal. I don't even think you get enough ammo to get 5 pistol kills in a single life without a resupply or two.

I did it fairly easily with the Mars Automatic, take a second to aim. it helps to soften em up with gas grandee first.

So I've traditionally played as sneaky style assault gameplay, and this is the first battlefield that I'm actually good at sniping, but I've never been good with the support class and I want to try it out.

I don't really know how to play this class, I try to lay down covering fire but I just feel like I reveal my position right away and get shot.

How do I support class welll?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Also I did he bone krew requeet thing how do I start playing with goons?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Pro tip: if your team gets an airship immediately switch to scout class and focus on using your spot flares and periscope, this will make it really easy for the airship to wipe out the enemy team, or if there's an open spot on the air ship spawn on it with a repair tool and stand on top of it repairing it

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Pro tip: if your team gets an airship immediately switch to scout class and focus on using your spot flares and periscope, this will make it really easy for the airship to wipe out the enemy team, or if there's an open spot on the air ship spawn on it with a repair tool and stand on top of it repairing it

I wish people would do this with bombers and attack planes. If there's a competent bomber on our team I flare whatever point I'm on so he can wreck it. It's about 500% easier as a plane to kill groups of enemies if you can see them as you approach instead of having to squint and shift to the weird bomb-camera right when you're on top of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I did it fairly easily with the Mars Automatic, take a second to aim. it helps to soften em up with gas grandee first.

So I've traditionally played as sneaky style assault gameplay, and this is the first battlefield that I'm actually good at sniping, but I've never been good with the support class and I want to try it out.

I don't really know how to play this class, I try to lay down covering fire but I just feel like I reveal my position right away and get shot.

How do I support class welll?

Follow your squad, drop ammo every 10 seconds and attack from prone + aim down sight with a optical versin of the weapon to kill mens. Assaults want your ammo for grenades and tankbuster stuff, priorize giving ammo to them.