Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

How old is he again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Arpaio is a real piece of poo poo and I hope thats all a joke hoax or something

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jabor posted:

- If things are serious enough that members of the majority party would consider signing a petition, the Speaker is probably going to put it up for a vote even without majority support in their party. For example, Boehner's done it a few times when the republicans have been being stupid about the debt ceiling.

Yeah, I was going to say both Pelosi and Boehner have ignored the "majority of the majority" more than a few times. I think it's been rightly seen as obstructionist for some bills.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

That would be A-MAY-ZING.

I can't wait for the Trump administration to gently caress up our country so monumentally that he loses the re-election and people are so shocked we can get back to moderate politics, decisions of compromise mutual gain, again in this country.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Nooooooope. No no no no noooooope. I'm not even American, but absolutely not.

I'm definitely not looking forward to the next four years, but what I am looking forward is an all-blue electoral map in 2020.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I would say that's impossible...buuuuut he does really like deporting Mexicans.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say all this is just fear mongering. Congress has to pass off on these appointments and there are enough Republicans and Democrats who'd oppose crazy rear end choices. Trump absolutely has to pick a good Chief of Staff to prevent these kinds of ideas cropping up.

Plus isn't he up for indictment? No one is going to select a cabinet member who's at risk of going to jail.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtSUn_clNDU&feature=youtu.be&t=26s

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Krispy Kareem posted:

No one is going to select a cabinet member who's at risk of going to jail.

Trump still has a rape case outstanding, no? New rules, baby. New rules.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
He'll just pardon himself, obviously.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Subjunctive posted:

He's also got a court date 11/28 for fraud, possibly making him our first president to be due in court on criminal charges before he takes office.

Epic schadenfreude: Trump is immediately impeached for his criminal charges as soon as he takes office.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Following in Clinton's footsteps I see

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

He's also got a court date 11/28 for fraud, possibly making him our first president to be due in court on criminal charges before he takes office.

Epic schadenfreude: Trump is immediately impeached for his criminal charges as soon as he takes office.

I dreamt of that too, but with a GOP controlled congress, what are the odds of getting articles of impeachment brought?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I dreamt of that too, but with a GOP controlled congress, what are the odds of getting articles of impeachment brought?

Surprisingly high, since Ryan is the Speaker of the House and Trump's spent his entire campaign pissing the guy off. Pence would be a much more GOP-friendly president.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The liberal echo chamber in DnD tried to weasle out of giving Hilary toxxers their bans. Lowtax had to come in and enfore the rules because the mods in DnD refused to

Lowtax posted:

Okay, gonna have to side with tradition and rules on this one, and unfortunately going to have to go over a moderator's head, which I absolutely do not ever like doing.

Toxx clause is a toxx clause and the people going into it knew exactly what they were doing and what would happen if they lost. Arbitrarily changing the punishment at the last minute further cement D&D as a leftist echo chamber and not actually a place where people of both sides can debate and discuss. I didn't vote for Trump and do not like Trump, but this whole thing really comes off as an arbitrary change to the rules for no reason but a political agenda. I will be enforcing the forum rules later.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

New thread title?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ride The Gravitron posted:

The liberal echo chamber in DnD tried to weasle out of giving Hilary toxxers their bans. Lowtax had to come in and enfore the rules because the mods in DnD refused to

That's fantastic. Now he needs to make all those other people give that one goon free video games.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

And RAINN still benefits!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Kill DnD, it is a silly place

While we're at it, CineD can take a hike

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's fantastic. Now he needs to make all those other people give that one goon free video games.

That'll happen without mod/admin interference. So far there is just one guy who said no and don't think he'll return to the thread after eating a ban, cuz now we all know he is a big baby.

ElGroucho posted:

Kill DnD, it is a silly place

While we're at it, CineD can take a hike

Have you seen how many pages some of those threads have? Better to contain it in one place.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 17:35 on Nov 10, 2016

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The liberal echo chamber in DnD tried to weasle out of giving Hilary toxxers their bans.

How? What kind of excuses?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Donate to charity to avoid a ban.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Carbon dioxide posted:

How? What kind of excuses?

Apparently, a lot of the moderators friends and hard core DnD leftists opted for permabans if Hillary lost. As soon as she lost, the toxx rules changed to where you wouldn't get banned or permabanned if you donate to a charity of the mod's choosing.

I think it is safe to take it as face value that the mod was activity trying to prevent the banning and permabanning of most of his echo chamber chums. Especially since none of the other toxx threads offered this out as an option and, had Hillary won, the same option would not have been extended to the Trump toxxers.

Rules is rules.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

chitoryu12 posted:

Surprisingly high, since Ryan is the Speaker of the House and Trump's spent his entire campaign pissing the guy off. Pence would be a much more GOP-friendly president.

You're delusional. Ryan rolled over for Trump along with every other Republican.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

You cant impeach a president for an offense that took place before he took office

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Apparently, a lot of the moderators friends and hard core DnD leftists opted for permabans if Hillary lost. As soon as she lost, the toxx rules changed to where you wouldn't get banned or permabanned if you donate to a charity of the mod's choosing.

I think it is safe to take it as face value that the mod was activity trying to prevent the banning and permabanning of most of his echo chamber chums. Especially since none of the other toxx threads offered this out as an option and, had Hillary won, the same option would not have been extended to the Trump toxxers.

Rules is rules.

Yeah, Lowtax came down on the right side of this. It is important that D&D (which I loathe and never post in) tries to be an open forum and not just an echo chamber.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, Lowtax came down on the right side of this. It is important that D&D (which I loathe and never post in) tries to be an open forum and not just an echo chamber.

This isn't why it happened and it is important that it isn't assumed to be.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Attitude Indicator posted:

You cant impeach a president for an offense that took place before he took office

Apparently not, second Sentence:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FuhrerHat posted:

I don't know what you are trying to say.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

The rape case was dropped a week ago and honestly looked shaky. Trump is a lot things. Many of them bad for women. That said, he most likely didn't keep a 13 year old sex slave tied to a bedpost.

There's still Trump U, but I'm not sure if he had anything to do with Trump U beyond selling his name. That doesn't absolve him of blame, but it limits his liability and probably wouldn't impact his Presidency.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

So why did it happen? Did the Bernie toxxers get to donate to avoid a ban?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

As Lowtax stated, it wasn't political, it's a straight Toxx.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Rules is rules.

the trump toxx thread all had their bans upgraded to perma's

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

The Prong Song posted:

That would be A-MAY-ZING.

I can't wait for the Trump administration to gently caress up our country so monumentally that he loses the re-election and people are so shocked we can get back to moderate politics, decisions of compromise mutual gain, again in this country.

straight white guy, i'm guessing? i mean who really gives a gently caress about all the actual living human beings whose lives'll get hosed up in the meantime, right lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't even know why you'd want boring centrist politics when the clinton's have been totally destroyed and you might have a chance at a genuine left wing president

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

straight white guy, i'm guessing? i mean who really gives a gently caress about all the actual living human beings whose lives'll get hosed up in the meantime, right lol

Gonna need some examples of people that have been hosed over by a Trump presidency before I start throwing gas on a fire. Nothings happened yet, and I doubt anything meaningful will. We've just got 4 years of crazy rhetoric to look forward to. And my guess is Democrats are gonna act as much the spoiled children as the Republicans did the last time.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gonna need some examples of people that have been hosed over by a Trump presidency before I start throwing gas on a fire. Nothings happened yet, and I doubt anything meaningful will. We've just got 4 years of crazy rhetoric to look forward to. And my guess is Democrats are gonna act as much the spoiled children as the Republicans did the last time.

Yes, the Democrats are going to be spoiled babies who prevent meaningful legislation with their control over....? The Supreme Court? No, GOP wouldn't let the president fill the empty position, and how the Dems don't have the power to prevent another right-wing SCOTUS. The House? Nope. Congress? Let me check my... no, they don't have that either. So that's the three branches of the government and the highest court in the nation under one historically backwards political party, but I guess the people with no leverage can act spoiled by being upset.

I admire your optimism, but Trump has surrounded himself with figures that represent, across the board, an affront to civil liberties and a long history of shoving their morals down their constituents throats. Giuliani's stop and frisk. Pence's pray the gay away. Christie's bridgegate. Cursory examples skimmed from the frothy top of scum now dividing America amoungst themselves. If you think that Trump won't make life more difficult for the majority of Americans, even poor white folks who will wear the hat for the next 4 years, I don't think you've been paying attention. America has entered it's orange phase and god only knows what it's going to look like on the other side.

Also, for people saying that Trump isn't a Republican so he'll be more moderate that expected: This would make more sense if anyone associated with Trump had even a whiff of liberal values. He might try to be a centrist, but his cabinet won't be. His Supreme Court picks won't be. It's red, red, red all the way down.

e: I'm meelllltttting. Meeellllting. What a world!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9da0wqVTucc

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Nov 10, 2016

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Guess i was mistaken

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

They're not criminal charges, they're civil suits. So good luck with that.

https://popehat.com/2016/10/31/the-facts-about-a-couple-of-pending-lawsuits-against-donald-trump/

Bonus Freude:

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

If any states do make it a criminal matter for an elector to change his vote, then everyone involved in this petition is guilty of solicitation and conspiracy.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Nov 10, 2016

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Two of my nonwhite friends have already been hassled on the bus. And this in Seattle. Just wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Solice Kirsk posted:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656