Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Pesmerga posted:

But 10 sets of 10 reps each? My elbows would be ground into dust...

naturally they're not close to 1rm, but you can go higher and do less reps, like maybe 5-8 if you've done GVT for a while

but honestly it feels good to be in this kind of DOMS pain. weightlifting is the gateway to s&m i'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
drat I bet the gym is empty for me in the morning with half the people moving to Canada, half of them blowing their brains out, and the other half all hungover from partying all night.

Yeah, swole math.

Gonna blast my arms and core. Oooo yeah.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"make america swole again" shirts are gonna go like hotcakes tomorrow

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

A trio of power racks in every lobby. Paid for by everyone making our country weak and fat. Supplied by american barbell companies.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Oh man. Going to the gym because not only do I need to be swole i need to be able to strive the Mad Max hellscape.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
stock up on canned beans, imho

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Chinatown posted:

lol donald pump

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

I don't think bodyweight planks do much to strengthen anything tbh. Like literally every other lift you need to progressively add weight to get anywhere.

If you can do something every day it's not worth doing.

That's why I like cable crunches. easy to start doing, easy to make harder.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Tiny Lowtax look into Seitan it's a veggie food that's high in protein.

I'm training for work over the next 3 weeks and the hotel gym isn't open....there's nothing else around this is literally hell.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Seriously, seems deadlift is going to be the most important lift to be able to do now the apocalypse is here. Everyone get on those hyper extensions!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Still fuzzy this morning, didn't lift.

... will probably lift after lunch, because I guess we'll need to fend off the hosed-up car juggalos of our inevitable future.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
On the gym crapper right now about to lift. Will report back later.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i lifted for trump yesterday

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I took a Dump for Trump

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

GORDON posted:

On the gym crapper right now about to lift. Will report back later.

Still going? Are you okay?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
maybe he delved too greedily and too deep

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Been working out at home a lot lately because I've been pulling a lot of hours at work, and going out to the gym takes up valuable sleep time. (20+ hour shifts)

Anyways I've been doing sets of 30 reps to start on the machine, and then increasing weight one plate at a time and putting in reps until failure, resting a couple minutes and then adding more weight until I get down under 10 reps and then try to bang out a 5x8 set.

Doing this for lat pulldowns, tricep extensions, chest presses and sort of a weighted crunch using the pulldown bar.

Anyone see anything wrong with this ? The reason I like it is im getting my warmup banged out quickly without having to think into it, and I don't have to bother with paying attention to reps or sets. I just go to failure or nausea.

Post workout is chocolate milk with protein powder and a bunch of celery and hummus. It almost seems like this is some sort of gay CT Fletcher workout, but as a living zombie with no metal capacity right now it seems to work.

Workout album of choice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxvYoRjIzls

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Swolethread in scared to bulk :smith:

Gone from about 144lb to 147lb in about six weeks (I'm just over 5'9") and my brain is telling me to stop. :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats 3 pounds

eat a loving burrito jesus christ

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

thats 3 pounds

eat a loving burrito jesus christ

That's the reassurance I needed, thanks dude :)

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pesmerga posted:

Gone from about 144lb to 147lb in about six weeks (I'm just over 5'9") and my brain is telling me to stop. :(

How old ? I wasn't able to make good weight gains until I turned 33.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
How do you even meassure a gain of 3 pounds over 6 weeks?
I mean thats like weighing before/after taking a hearty dump.
I gain/lose 4lbs during a normal day.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How do you even meassure a gain of 3 pounds over 6 weeks?
I mean thats like weighing before/after taking a hearty dump.
I gain/lose 4lbs during a normal day.

average it out I imagine

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

average it out I imagine
Yeah. The same way you measure losing 3lbs.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Deadlift day again. Gonna be some grunting today. Gonna pull in some women with my animal magnetism

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
im going to the gym in an hour and idk if i should wear my trump hungry for piss shirt or not

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Winnie the poo poo posted:

im going to the gym in an hour and idk if i should wear my trump hungry for piss shirt or not

I can't think of time NOT to wear that. Especially now.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Pesmerga posted:

I put on ~20 pounds in 6 months when I first started lifting. Had to throw out some of my jeans not because of my waist being too big, but because my thighs were too big.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Wamdoodle posted:

I can't think of time NOT to wear that. Especially now.

tru, maybe my sad fb friends will laugh when I post a vid later

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'm at the gym.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I row row rowed some heavy poo poo today.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I can only train shoulders without elbow pain if it's been between 9 and 12 days since my last session.

#overthirtiesclub

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Paper Diamonds posted:

I put on ~20 pounds in 6 months when I first started lifting. Had to throw out some of my jeans not because of my waist being too big, but because my thighs were too big.

Yeah I get fat thighs too.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I say that I have big thighs from playing tons of hockey and cycling as a kid but actually I'm a fat lard.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

sassassin posted:

I can only train shoulders without elbow pain if it's been between 9 and 12 days since my last session.

#overthirtiesclub

steroids helps this

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fallows posted:

steroids helps this

That's been my hope for a while.

I should have pulled the trigger by now but been too lazy (steroids will hopefully help with this too).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i want to die

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMpCkAVAv-f/

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

refer to my advice two posts above

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I one arm rowed the biggest, oldest, rustiest dumbbells in the gym tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

genderfluid and beautiful posted:

Still going? Are you okay?

Holy poo poo (yeah) I forgot to report back. Yes, good dump, and good lift. The gym was indeed only about half full, I think lots of people were afraid to leave the house because of Trump. I hope they stay away, was nice not having to wait for stuff.