Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sharkopath posted:

I was insanely hopeful at the end of the election that maybe we could reorganize and come back with high energy and unity and with turnout we could reverse the course before it was too late but I decided to read these forums and it feels like the worst mistake of my life.

I'm more down now then i was not even like an hour after the election was called.

Don't let forum trolls make you feel hopeless. Hillary won the popular vote, and she won despite being one of the least popular candidates ever, and Trump pulled less votes than Romney. It ain't over till it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

negromancer posted:

As a vet with combat injuries, I'm pretty drat experienced with guns.

Guns are like alcohol. Most people don't drink or drink rarely, and its a small fraction that have AWL the loving guns and they are overwhelmingly white and racist.
Do you carry for self-defense? Do you know people who have needed to use a gun to defend themselves? This isn't a challenge, it's curiosity.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Don't forget that gun ownership and using a gun for "self defense" are really only for white men. Women using guns on their domestic abusers, and black people using guns on white people for any reason is going to be actually investigated and the bar for "self defense" claims set a few thousand meters above that for a white guy in the same situation.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Baronjutter posted:

Don't forget that gun ownership and using a gun for "self defense" are really only for white men. Women using guns on their domestic abusers, and black people using guns on white people for any reason is going to be actually investigated and the bar for "self defense" claims set a few thousand meters above that for a white guy in the same situation.

Black men open carrying is what got gun control in California. So carry, know the rules and get whitey to disarm themselves :getin: (actual results may vary).

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do you carry for self-defense? Do you know people who have needed to use a gun to defend themselves? This isn't a challenge, it's curiosity.

I personally don't carry, as I have "issues" between me and guns, after using them in a very destructive manner. I believe 99% of the time, guns should never be owned or used.

BUT, I still have 3 handguns for that 1% of the time.

This is that 1%.

And I've had to defend myself with a gun before. Multiple times. It's the nature of war.

Baronjutter posted:

We also need a system that completely circumvents this. As in, if someone rightfully defends themselves from the police or racists, we help get them off the grid, Assata Shakur style.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

I think there are like 3 different things this white man said which get him a chair to the face each time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

negromancer posted:

And I've had to defend myself with a gun before. Multiple times. It's the nature of war.
Sorry, I should have clarified, in a civilian situation. I generally think the myth of self-defense or home defense with guns is pretty destructive, but I also tend toward being broadly pro-gun-rights, especially for populations who can't count on police protection. But everyone I know who is into guns is, unsurprisingly, white (although not all right-wing), so I'm very interested to hear other perspectives.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
KTVU channel 2 was showing protests in San Francisco this morning with GA students that walked out to protest the election. A whole procession of rightly angry young prior of color flipping off the camera and mouthing "gently caress this country /President" (audio was cut). It abruptly went back to the frantic news anchor who was making the 'cut! Cut!' gesture before realizing she was on air and she apologized for the explicit language and gestures.

Frankly I think they should've just aired it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

FactsAreUseless posted:

The effectiveness of guns for personal defense is pretty debatable, just looking at the statistics, but that's looking at the population as a whole. (And when I say "debatable" I really do mean "up for debate." Good gun stats are hard to come by.) I don't know if it's been studied for minority populations, specifically, which might be different. Of course, it's hard to deny the symbolic or psychological importance of carrying a weapon. But keep in mind that most handgun deaths are self-inflicted, so if you have a history of suicidal thoughts, keep that in mind. It still might be something worth considering, especially if you know you can't count on police protection, and someone with more experience with guns could speak to it. Maybe TFR?

One advantage to growing up in northern Idaho is picking up some stuff about guns. The disadvantages include everything else.

Nah, I defy the trans stereotypes pretty hard and have never had suicide/depression issues at all. I just always depended on the fact that I could violently beat people up to keep me safe and the things I'm hearing about make me feel like I can't trust my fists anymore. I've been followed a couple times to day and I do not like how scared and helpless it made me feel. I've never felt that before.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

negromancer posted:

We also need a system that completely circumvents this. As in, if someone rightfully defends themselves from the police or racists, we help get them off the grid, Assata Shakur style.

I've got a lot of conflicting ideas about this. I don't think more guns is the answer, I think guns are part of the problem. I also understand you have every right to want to defend yourself from real threats.

I just think carrying a gun is going to result in it being more likely that you're going to be shot.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

got white bernouts lecturing me about mlk and now i have learned what my limits of acceptability are

thank you forums

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

got white bernouts lecturing me about mlk and now i have learned what my limits of acceptability are

thank you forums

The election thread is a loving cancer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

thank you forums
Well, some people have strong opinions about bags vs. cartons.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

thank you forums

Oh god I just looked up the post too....and I though the whole "unions were never racist" was going to be peak whitewashing from the left today

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Butts posted:

I've got a lot of conflicting ideas about this. I don't think more guns is the answer, I think guns are part of the problem. I also understand you have every right to want to defend yourself from real threats.

I just think carrying a gun is going to result in it being more likely that you're going to be shot.

Your conflicting ideals are ideal world with no guns and the real world where racists are armed and hateful.

Guess which one I have to prepare for every time I step outside my house?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

The election thread is a loving cancer.

When white folks started saying that the DNC needs to abandon anti racism as a platform to appeal to racist whites I dipped the gently caress out. Is it still that bad?

I think I posted this before but this image is one of the few things getting me through these trying times as a queer black Jew who's country does not want or love her in any way:

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Koalas March posted:

When white folks started saying that the DNC needs to abandon anti racism as a platform to appeal to racist whites I dipped the gently caress out. Is it still that bad?

I think I posted this before but this image is one of the few things getting me through these trying times as a queer black Jew who's country does not want or love her in any way:

Now we got ones arguing that we should not, in fact arm ourselves in a country that has pretty much told us we will receive no protection from the State from armed racists.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Koalas March posted:

I'm wondering if they're going to stick around long, or if they'll slither back to GBS when they're done gloating.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Koalas March posted:

I had a bunch of poo poo typed up, and it brought too much baggage to this thread that doesn't deserve it. It's been a little while since I've been there but the last topic around race and the DNC was that Hillary was such a terrible candidate that she couldn't even get minority voters.

I can't remember if it was USPOL or Election but in one of the threads it was discussed that relying on minority votes to carry you is a mistake, anyway.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

negromancer posted:

Now we got ones arguing that we should not, in fact arm ourselves in a country that has pretty much told us we will receive no protection from the State from armed racists.

Hahaha, yes black people need to stay silent and available for abuse at the hands of whites at all loving times.

Talmonis posted:

I'm wondering if they're going to stick around long, or if they'll slither back to GBS when they're done gloating.

This is just the beginning. Remember how the forums shifted after Romney/McCain? The good posters with not horrific opinions, who donated money to fight sexual assault are being banned. They are emboldened. They will be this way for a long time

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Talmonis posted:

There's only like a couple threads I frequent in D&D (I can keep up with USPOL but Dad Chat is a lost cause) and the only time I've ever looked at CSPAM was when the USPOL thread was closed. I've never even seen a quarter of those people post before.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Hi, white Jew applying for citizenship to Negrotown, I don't feel safe around the paler Goyim anymore.

I mean i never did but even more so now

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

JFairfax posted:

She is indian, they're totally fine with a caste system
Let's smear a billion people based on an article some trumplet wrote? C'mon now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pretty soon there's gonna be a goddamn Whole Foods and a Dog Walking service here isn't there?

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Hambilderberglar posted:

Let's smear a billion people based on an article some trumplet wrote? C'mon now.

India is horrifically racist against black people.

I've traveled there with my mom for work and she had to fire someone on her first trip because they refused to accept that she was their boss and was disrespectful as gently caress.

Their caste system + Gandhi's words on black people + American media is a triple whammy of anti-blackness that's just as deep in their culture as it is here.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Koalas March posted:

This is just the beginning. Remember how the forums shifted after Romney/McCain? The good posters with not horrific opinions, who donated money to fight sexual assault are being banned. They are emboldened. They will be this way for a long time

Most popular sites are going to be this way for a long time :(

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Pretty soon there's gonna be a goddamn Whole Foods and a Dog Walking service here isn't there?

gently caress no.

There will be a Moo and Oink and that's it.

Walk your own loving dogs.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

negromancer posted:

I've traveled there with my mom for work and she had to fire someone on her first trip because they refused to accept that she was their boss and was disrespectful as gently caress.

Their caste system + Gandhi's words on black people + American media is a triple whammy of anti-blackness that's just as deep in their culture as it is here.

I was unaware of these?

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

xthetenth posted:

I was unaware of these?

Gandhi HATED black people.

HATED.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
My big piece of advice is that if your'e going to get a gun for self defense, actually learn how to use it and practice so you can hit the target.

The only good thing about white trash gun nut fuckos :freep: is that most of them can't hit the broad side of the barn. Firing from the inside. With the doors closed.

I've seen them at the gun range, some of those fuckers miss a human-sized sheet of paper at 7 goddamn yards.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

xthetenth posted:

I was unaware of these?

Gandhi's books repeatedly have mentions of how distraught he was that Indians were being conflated with South Africans and other 'kaffirs' because Indians are superior.

Kaffir is basically the n-word of choice in those parts. Dude was a huge racist.

E: I remember this really well because my dad was Indian and he had a bunch of books by Gandhi himself, and I remember the awkward conversation that followed when I asked my dad what that word meant.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 10, 2016

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

xthetenth posted:

I was unaware of these?

He hung out in apartheid south africa a lot, where he was vocal in his support for apartheid but was angry that they classed him as black-equivalent.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

sean10mm posted:

My big piece of advice is that if your'e going to get a gun for self defense, actually learn how to use it and practice so you can hit the target.

The only good thing about white trash gun nut fuckos :freep: is that most of them can't hit the broad side of the barn. Firing from the inside. With the doors closed.

I've seen them at the gun range, some of those fuckers miss a human-sized sheet of paper at 7 goddamn yards.

I can hit 26/30 on target dual wielding 2 M9 Barettas at 25 yards.

I'm only 11/16 using 2 M1911's.

I'm pretty good.

Boxing honestly helps you more with shooting than anything else. Understanding how you shoot from the shoulder down with handguns and how to aim properly on the move is the biggest thing.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

quote:

[Europeans wish to] to degrade us to the level of the raw kaffir whose occupation is hunting, and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with, and then, pass his life in indolence and nakedness.

Yeah, Gandhi was a massive racist, like, actually a white supremacist.

quote:

We believe also that the white race in South Africa should be the predominating race.

quote:

We were marched off to a prison intended for Kaffirs. There, our garments were stamped with the letter “N”, which meant that we were being classed with the Natives. We were all prepared for hardships, but not quite for this experience. We could understand not being classed with the whites, but to be placed on the same level with the Natives seemed too much to put up with.

From https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/worldviews/wp/2015/09/03/what-did-mahatma-gandhi-think-of-black-people/

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

negromancer posted:

I can hit 26/30 on target dual wielding 2 M9 Barettas at 25 yards.

I'm only 11/16 using 2 M1911's.

I'm pretty good.

Boxing honestly helps you more with shooting than anything else. Understanding how you shoot from the shoulder down with handguns and how to aim properly on the move is the biggest thing.

lol, I'll be fine then. I had 14 knockouts as an amateur boxer and 6 as an amateur mma fighter. I've been doing that poo poo since I was in high school.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

negromancer posted:

All of what you said is true, I have had so many experiences with racism in India that I've honestly lost count and I'm definitely not trying to pretend this woman isn't a sack of poo poo, or in any way excuse or diminish how disgracefully they treated your mother and other black people.

It just would have left a sour taste in my mouth if I saw something like that written somewhere and not at least say something.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

lol, I'll be fine then. I had 14 knockouts as an amateur boxer and 6 as an amateur mma fighter. I've been doing that poo poo since I was in high school.

Honestly, yeah.

Knowing that your shoulder leads to your hand and shooting a gun aiming wise is like throwing a jab.

After that its learning breath control (same way you do in boxing) and fine tuning.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

negromancer posted:

poo poo dude, my father was a Jamaican-Indian and his family--who had been in Jamaica for generations--straight up--disowned him when he married my black jamaican mum. Indian people in general hate black people. Everyone hates black people.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The sultry sons of Yakub are destroying D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
every 4 years they travel from the Caucasus mountains to poo poo post and troll

• Locked thread