Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Niton posted:

I really do get it. I'm being avant-garde as gently caress because I really don't know how things could possibly turn out well - Trump is surrounding himself with awful people with disastrous, terrible policies that will hurt many people I know and care about. He's a loving shitstain of a human being in just about any way that description could apply.

More than anything else, though, I feel certain that Trump could, at any waking moment, suddenly decide he has a new plan, and fire any member of his cabinet that's willing to stand between him and the new plan to Make America Great Again, and sidetrack god knows how many things that his (reprehensible) cabinet members are doing to try and keep the country vaguely functional.

Trump is a lunatic in ways that no one could ever have envisioned taking the Oval Office, and I think many people here are actually not going far enough in estimating what sort of damage his temperament and beliefs could cause.

https://youtu.be/cPEnRb6aaS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol i have a friend of mine trying to get us to move our texts and stuff to encrypted apps and hiding his online stuff as if the trumpstapo is getting ready for an imminent crackdown on dissent, and the crazy thing is im not sure if hes nuts or im naive

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

So, even if manufacturing comes back, it will be largely automated and still likely result for higher cost of goods. I'm actually a little conflicted about that, because I think overall people buy way too much low-quality garbage. It churns the machine, but I would be perfectly satisfied to see the end of "fast fashion". There's been a lot of keeping-up-with-the-Joneses, but we're at a point where a large proportion of clothes that end up at Goodwill and thrift shops are clothes that people forgot to wear before they decided they weren't stylish any more and donated. Even in the last recession, the cost of goods meant that people with jobs (even lovely jobs) were doing this. But inflation in the price of goods might affect purchasing decisions. I don't know, this is going to get weird.

prices going up to account for the damage we're doing to the planet would be a good thing & that's the point behind a carbon tax

prices going up because of tariffs would not accomplish the same thing unfortunately

it's not going to get weird at all. if we knew which tariffs trump was going to raise and how much he was going to raise them by, it would be pretty easy to predict the results.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Schnorkles posted:

honestly i have no idea about anything that's going to happen and we're probably all gonna be dead in 2 years but i like pontificating!

im already dead

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol i have a friend of mine trying to get us to move our texts and stuff to encrypted apps and hiding his online stuff as if the trumpstapo is getting ready for an imminent crackdown on dissent, and the crazy thing is im not sure if hes nuts or im naive

this sort of stuff takes a long time in my view and is filled with gradual moves. if there is active movement to suppress and quell free speech with the support of the courts, it will be very obvious and bad.

Serf
May 5, 2011

well gently caress me

Gonna suck when those people lose insurance in a few months

People really are gonna die in the streets because of this election

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I mean, think of it this way. Do you really think that Ted "I shut down the government because Planned Parenthood annoys me" Cruz is going to vote to end the filibuster?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

hey future kid reaching this, here's a good quote you can stick somewhere in your paper to fluff it up a bit.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS loving SUCKS!!!!!!! I AM AN AMERICAN VOTER FROM THE YEAR 2016 AND THIS OUTCOME MAKES ME UNHAPPY!!!!!! AMERICAS DECLINE AS A DEMOCRACY CAN LIKELY BE POINTED TOWARDS THIS DATE, AS A TURNING POINT, OR PERHAPS AS A SIGNAL FOR A CHANGE IN THE ERA OF AMERICA BUT COULD POSSIBLY BE LINKED AS RELATED TO 9/11 OR SOME DUMB rear end poo poo!!! MY DIET CONSISTS MAINLY OF GRAINS, DAIRY, AND FRUITS, AND IS HIGH IN SUGAR. EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress AAAAAASSSAAAAAAGH

also, Harambe is a dumb dead gorilla from Cincinnati that people actually voted for because they're retards, in case you were wondering about those references.

people were upset that the gorilla was killed to save the life of a black child.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

This must be what gun owners feel like, except based in reality
https://twitter.com/pzf/status/796813470184460291

bet the alt right is cackling at the thought of them losing their health care

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

This is parody, right? The rest of that feed is RTing video game deals.

Gonna need a source on that one.

PZF doesn't normally lie about news despite having all those stupid RTs
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/10/trump-election-spurs-record-obamacare-signups-month/93590056/

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

This must be what gun owners feel like, except based in reality
https://twitter.com/pzf/status/796813470184460291

that feed also frequently breathlessly reports on shootings in chicago

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also boosted has already fed all of our information to the various groups of the trumpstaffel

rip

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat
folks are all like "we're in untrodden territory here!!!" but the only novelty is that nobody knows what the PEOTUS is going to do including himself

the actual policies he's mentioned in his unfocused ramblings are all extremely well-understood because they're from the 1950s

Serf
May 5, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

honestly i have no idea about anything that's going to happen and we're probably all gonna be dead in 2 years but i like pontificating!

I love you Schnorkles even though you (like the rest of us), were wrong for the past several months

Death is certain

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/796823185811472384

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

Death is certain

Inshallah

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

also boosted has already fed all of our information to the various groups of the trumpstaffel

rip

I can't wait to be interviewed/water boarded by Katrina Pierson

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Serf posted:

I love you Schnorkles even though you (like the rest of us), were wrong for the past several months

Death is certain

man was i ever

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Tiler Kiwi posted:

bet the alt right is cackling at the thought of them losing their health care

We'll see how loving funny it is when a quarter of the workforce has to go off their meds at the same time

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Guy DeBorgore posted:

folks are all like "we're in untrodden territory here!!!" but the only novelty is that nobody knows what the PEOTUS is going to do including himself

the actual policies he's mentioned in his unfocused ramblings are all extremely well-understood because they're from the 1950s

well some of it id point to as inspired by some pre 1945 policies, at least

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Serf posted:

Death is certain

Some but not all

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder how much the whole stop cyber bullying thing will actually be internet censorship

right now, until I go to a protest tomorrow, calling out racists on facebook is my main source of pleasure so I'm probably screwed

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

hey future kid reaching this, here's a good quote you can stick somewhere in your paper to fluff it up a bit.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS loving SUCKS!!!!!!! I AM AN AMERICAN VOTER FROM THE YEAR 2016 AND THIS OUTCOME MAKES ME UNHAPPY!!!!!! AMERICAS DECLINE AS A DEMOCRACY CAN LIKELY BE POINTED TOWARDS THIS DATE, AS A TURNING POINT, OR PERHAPS AS A SIGNAL FOR A CHANGE IN THE ERA OF AMERICA BUT COULD POSSIBLY BE LINKED AS RELATED TO 9/11 OR SOME DUMB rear end poo poo!!! MY DIET CONSISTS MAINLY OF GRAINS, DAIRY, AND FRUITS, AND IS HIGH IN SUGAR. EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress AAAAAASSSAAAAAAGH

nice meltdown

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

lol, i've never seen this before but it perfectly encapsulates my views on Trump.

Trump is surrounding himself with reprehensible people because that's how he feels today. There is no reason to believe he'll feel that way (or really, any way) on a larger timescale if he gets distracted, and the reality is just as likely to be worse as it is to be even a tiny bit better.

poo poo's terrifying and I wish I drank.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You know what I'm gonna stand and fight while I can, I can't let Bernie die under the shadow of a Trump presidency.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Wall Is Life posted:

Some but not all

how could I forget about bill mitchell

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Here's a tweet from another source
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/796794604087635968

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guy DeBorgore posted:

That's a good point. That said, I am not confident that Americans have the same flexibilities that they used to have, and I'm not sure where people perceive flexibility. The culture of consumption is different than it was. In the 1950s, it was cheaper to make your own shirts than to buy them; that isn't true today, at this time.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

docbeard posted:

I mean, think of it this way. Do you really think that Ted "I shut down the government because Planned Parenthood annoys me" Cruz is going to vote to end the filibuster?

interestingly, Cruz specifically rejected the idea of scrapping the filibuster, at least in the context of ACA repeal:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/246518-cruz-dont-abolish-filibuster-to-repeal-obamacare

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Cephalocidal posted:

We'll see how loving funny it is when a quarter of the workforce has to go off their meds at the same time

don't worry, the uptick in mass shooting are just bitter clinton supporters taking our their revenge on REAL AMERICANS for saving America

It'll be taken care of when we change the libel laws, believe me

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

nice meltdown

3/10 imo, not enough sincerity leakage

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Cephalocidal posted:

see this is reaganesque already

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Niton posted:

lol, i've never seen this before but it perfectly encapsulates my views on Trump.

Trump is surrounding himself with reprehensible people because that's how he feels today. There is no reason to believe he'll feel that way (or really, any way) on a larger timescale if he gets distracted, and the reality is just as likely to be worse as it is to be even a tiny bit better.

poo poo's terrifying and I wish I drank.

Dude you really need to not let your guard down like this.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

Tiler Kiwi posted:

if any future historians want help sorting out which posts were ironic and which weren't, just come visit me in the coal mine i'll be working in when i'm 80 and i'll help you sort it out

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Annual Prophet posted:

interestingly, Cruz specifically rejected the idea of scrapping the filibuster, at least in the context of ACA repeal:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/246518-cruz-dont-abolish-filibuster-to-repeal-obamacare

I don't think there are the votes to scrap the fillibuster in the senate.

Too many senators use it for their own ends. It's the same reason when it got brought up in 2008-09 when things were being done in the initial stages of the ACA that it never went anywhere. No one wants that tool to go away.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Guy DeBorgore posted:

prices going up to account for the damage we're doing to the planet would be a good thing & that's the point behind a carbon tax

prices going up because of tariffs would not accomplish the same thing unfortunately

it's not going to get weird at all. if we knew which tariffs trump was going to raise and how much he was going to raise them by, it would be pretty easy to predict the results.

A tariff is VERY unlikely to get passed anyway. It will require the House of Representatives and there are tons of Congressman who are on the hook to companies in their districts that have a lot to lose by getting a tariff slapped on consumer goods.

I'm more worried about currency shenanigans.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

docbeard posted:

If you pin your hopes on the likes of Ted Cruz you are already lost.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure there'd be a coup if Trump tried to start a nuclear war, so there's that.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i just realized the chinese monkey was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

save us bernie :(

• Locked thread